Nutritionists often praise kale as a superfood but it can be difficult to find new ways to prepare it. Juicing is growing in popularity for its health benefits but most juicers are not fit to handle kale leaves.
However, the Breville Juice Fountain Compact juice extractor, designed with the nutritional health-conscious consumer in mind, features an efficient dual-speed motor that makes juicing kale easier than ever.
Some people struggle when it comes to juicing kale while others say it’s easy. But it all comes down to…
The Secret Is In Juicing Kale Correctly
So while some would say that it’s not a good idea to juice with a Breville Juicer because of the foam that it causes, I’m here to say, that if you know the proper way to juice kale – with the Breville Juicer or any juicer for that matter – then there is no reason not to do it.
In fact, there are a few tips that make juicing kale way easier…
I juice kale/romaine/collards everytime I juice, and I’ve found that if I wrap them together in a “roll” lengthwise with the larger leaves on the outside, you can juice them like any other hard vegetable.
The following video shows you how easy it can be by rolling up the kale by itself…
Big Tip: Juice Your Kale Like A Sandwich
Kale doesn’t produce copious amounts of juice but what it does produce is quite strong and most people will not be drinking it by itself but rather mixed with other juices.
In the following video, you will see how she puts the kale between 2 apples that makes it easier to juice. Other use other fruits or vegetables as well in the same way.
So you make a sandwich with the harder fruits on the outside and the kale on the inside. The end result is perfect juice…
This video is not using a Breville Juicer but it is the same principle…
What Do Customers Say About Juicing Kale With A Breville Juicer?
It’s an age-old question for those new to juicing and kale in particular. Below I have extracted comments from customers about juicing kale with the Breville Fountain Plus. Let’s see what they thought of its ginger juicing abilities…
If you follow the directions regarding how to process different vegetables, you will get admirable amounts of juice from soft vegetables such as spinach and kale and you won’t clog the juicer.
- It is perfect for celery but my favorite is kale, apple, cucumber.
- I made a juice of granny smith apples, kale, mandarin oranges, and lime – it was so delicious and the juicer’s performance was flawless!
- What an incredible device. Fast Fast Fast! With the big mouth, small to medium size apples, beets, cucumbers, handfuls of celery & Kale do not need cutting up and go in with no effort at all.
- The large and long spout is great because you can stick quartered apples, entire carrots, entire oranges, and balls of kale with no problem.
- I don’t have any experience with other juicers, but I’ve been constantly surprised by how much liquid it can extract from things like kale.
- This juicer works great for bunches of leafy greens such as spinach and kale and so forth.
- It does an excellent job juicing greens such as kale. The pulp is entirely dry, and I get such high yields from this juicer.
- I love the way I can juice kale, all my green veggies. You get a lot of juice from it and the pulse is dry.
- With greens like spinach, chard, or kale, ball them up tight and add a carrot or celery with it to really get the juice out of them.
- Juices tough greens like Kale and hard roots like beets with ease. Truly fits the description as the “Rolls Royce of Juicers”.
- The Breville 800 JEXL Juicer is excellent! It is very easy to juice Kale, and beet, while cleanup is simple!
- Not only is it beautiful and “substantial”, but it goes through kale and carrots like a hot knife through butter!!! This is something that was always a problem with less expensive juicers
- I did not experience lots of spitting when feeding produce into the tube. A whole bunch of kale and 3 carrots fit without a problem.
- I was able to even juice kale using this juicer. The trick was just to juice an apple or harder fruit or veg and then juice the kale.
Do You Juice Or Blend Kale?
We have just seen how many people are successfully juicing kale with a Breville Juicer however even Breville themselves say that you are much better off blending kale.
In fact, Breville has released a new machine called the Bluicer. This brilliant machine has a blender and a juicer with a unique way of combining what you blend and what you juice into one beautiful drink.
They have some great recipes so they seem to have created a machine that provides the best of both worlds.
There is so much more you can do with kale in a blender.
So I wouldn’t be rushing out to buy a juicer so I could have healthy kale juice. I believe it would be much easier to get the benefits via blending instead.
However, if you already have a juicer or you are interested in juicing more than just kale then sure. You are already juicing other fruits and vegetables so throwing in Kale takes no extra effort in that circumstance and tastes great when mixed in with other juices.
Why Would You Juice Kale?
The benefits of juicing kale include it being a great source of antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamin C, beta carotene, and calcium.
Due to its high fiber content, you will also receive the digestive benefits that come from consuming dietary fiber–thereby aiding in digestion, lowering cholesterol, and reducing your risk of colon cancer.
Juicing kale is a great alternative to juicing wheatgrass since it has a much more subtle flavor.
Juicing is also an effective way to get the nutrients out of kale. The nutritional value of kale includes compounds that help prevent osteoporosis, protect cellular health, increase glutathione production, and fight cancer cell growth with antioxidant compounds.
This vegetable is high in fiber along with vitamins A, C, and K. It is also rich in folate, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, chlorophyll, and carotenoids.
Juicing the kale leaves can be a fantastic way to get many of these nutrients into your diet on a daily basis.
In summary, as you can clearly see from everything written above, the video tutorials, and the customer comments that you most certainly can juice kale in a Breville Juicer.
Kale is a dark, leafy green vegetable that is often touted as a superfood. It is, in fact, considered one of the healthiest foods.
At the same time, nutrients aside, kale is also loaded with fiber and antioxidants. Juicing kale is one of the healthiest ways to enjoy this wonderful vegetable.
You may also be interested in… 50 Things Customers Love About The Breville 1000-Watt Juicer and Is Breville A Good Brand? (Best Espresso Machines & Appliances)