"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
Ginger is a staple ingredient, and the Breville Juicer extracts its zingy flavor beautifully, which is also preserved during cooking.
There is a setting for hard and soft fruits and vegetables, as well as a setting for leafy greens such as wheatgrass.
So, all you have to do is select the hard fruit mode. You also might have to chop up the ginger first depending on its size.
Ginger is quite a strong taste so many people mix a small piece of raw ginger into other juices such as carrot. Ginger is a really powerful anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antiviral.
|See Also - How to Store Eggs Without a Carton?|
How To Juice Ginger In A Breville Juicer
Ginger is a herb that has been used for centuries in Indian and Chinese medicine. It is most commonly used to treat digestive issues like nausea, stomach cramps, and gas.
It is also used to treat arthritis, fight the effects of aging, and for its anti-inflammatory properties. If you are using ginger in the kitchen, you probably have a few different forms on hand.
Fresh ginger is the most popular form of the herb, and it is used in both savory and sweet recipes.
But, if you want to infuse your favorite juices with ginger this video shows you how easy it is.
It is an older video with an older model Breville Juicer so imagine how much better the latest Breville models can do it…
How Much Ginger Should I Put In My Juicer?
Well, the answer to this will vary according to taste, and really the best way to determine how much ginger to put in your juice or smoothie is to start with a small amount, and then increase it as you see fit.
Remember it does possess a strong taste and too much can be too overpowering.
Ginger is one of the best ingredients for a fresh juice because it is cleansing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-nausea.
Most people recommend 2 or more inches of ginger root per liter of juice to get the optimal health benefits.
TIP: 1 pound of ginger root yields around 300 ml of juice.
Do I Need To Peel Ginger For Juicing?
No, you do not need to peel ginger before juicing. Just cut it up to the sizes you want and start juicing.
Ginger juice is great taken on its own but also blends well with fruits and vegetables.
The peel on ginger is very thin, and most of the time it’s what you’re eating when you eat ginger.
However, if you’d prefer to have more of a ginger taste without the peel, you can certainly peel the ginger before adding it to your juicing machine.
What Do Customers Say About Juicing Ginger With A Breville Juicer?
Below I have extracted comments from customers about juicing ginger with the Breville Fountain Plus. Let’s see what they thought of its ginger juicing abilities…
POWER- Has a ton of it. I have juiced apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, kale, celery, lemons, ginger, beets and broccoli and this juicer has taken everything I have thrown at it and waited for more.
- Since the mouth is so big, I do not have to cut up most fruits and vegetables. I do, however, cut up ginger since it is so fibrous and I like a lot of ginger.
- I made gorgeous and delicious beet, carrot, apple, and ginger juice.
- Tip: buy one beet, and ginger root. The beets make your juice a lovely raspberry shade Use 1/3 beet and just a small amount of ginger to give your juice a healthy Zing!
- I love to this in whole peeled beets, kale, carrots, celery, and ginger root into a yummy juice!
- The variable speeds are perfect for getting the most juice and we even noticed the juice has more flavor. Especially the ginger, kale, celery, and beets.
- I’ve juiced ginger, carrots, apples, grapefruit, and celery in it and had no problems with any of these.
- Works great for us. I juice apples, celery, pineapples, ginger, beets, chard, and other items. They all seem to juice fine.
- My favorite is Green Lemonade! 4 apples, 2 lemons, 3 stalks of celery, 2 handfuls of spinach or kale, and a chunk of ginger! I feel healthier on the inside and out!
- My daily routine is carrot, apple, lemon, and ginger.
- We especially enjoy a lemonade and ginger beverage garnished with fresh mint from my herb garden.
- This makes amazing juice (my favorite is carrot apple ginger or ginger and lemon with a little simple syrup added to make ginger lemonade).
- I love any juice with about an inch of fresh ginger root!
- Ginger with skin on is fantastic.
- The trick for us is to add lemon and ginger to all drinks, it seems to neutralize some of the “green” flavors. I also had no idea how awesome fresh ginger is!
- Also can put the whole apple inside without a problem. No prob with Ginger, potato, Beet.
- I just finished juicing TEN POUNDS of carrots, a couple of apples, and a lot of ginger.
- Pure Carrot juice and fresh ginger for great energy.
In summary, as you can see you most definitely can juice ginger with the Breville and it has absolutely no issue doing so and in fact the Breville juices ginger root extremely well.
Juicing ginger is a big hit with Breville Juicer owners as it adds a great refreshing taste to other juices and of course, it is loaded with health benefits as well.
Many people are absolutely gobsmacked when they try FRESH ginger root in their juicer for the first time. The taste is awesome.
You may also be interested in… 50 Things Customers Love About The Breville 1000-Watt Juicer and Is Athletic Greens A Good Brand? (Get More Nutrients)
And guess what?
There are actually more comments about how good that Breville Juicer juices ginger is than the Breville Fountain.
Here is one very interesting statement…
I do alot of ginger in my juicer for ginger shots and as you know Ginger is very hard. It makes fast work of a few pounds at a time.
So no matter what Breville Juicer you have if you want to juice ginger you most certainly can with great success.