Lodge griddles are versatile and the perfect companion to any indoor or outdoor cooking task, from searing a steak on the backyard grill or Thanksgiving turkey on the campfire to toasting cinnamon rolls at the neighborhood cookout!
But can you use it on an electric stove?
Lodge cast iron skillets can be used on an electric stove… That is great news for those folks who use an electric range due to their lower heat output.
One caveat is that cast iron tends to have a thicker sidewall, and as such, will take longer to heat up on an electric coil burner… However, once the skillet is hot, it should hold the temperature just fine like any other cookware.
As usual — let’s see if customers confirm that you can use the griddle on electric stoves…
|Recommended reading: Can You Put Lodge Cast Iron On The Grill?|
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On An Electric Stove?
There are over 70 customer comments about using this cast iron griddle successfully on electric cooktop burners.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron griddle on electric stoves with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Griddle:
I have a crap old-style electric stove so cast iron is GREAT to compensate for the weird coil heating. The diameter is the perfect size for a large electric coil burner, so it heats evenly.
- It’s my favorite for pancakes and fires perfectly on the largest burner on my glass-top electric GE profile stove.
- I recommend constantly keeping it at medium and cooking, especially if you have an electric coil stove as I do.
- It works like a charm over the electric stove. The heat distribution is wonderful.
- It heats evenly (using an electric heating surface); heavy and substantial.
- My wife was a little hesitant because we have an electric stove, not a propane one and the griddle works well with this setup.
- It heats beautifully, which is hard on electric stoves.
- I use an electric stove/oven and everything I’ve cooked has been delicious.
- It’s better than the nonstick ones. Works like a charm on an electric stovetop and cooks in half the time.
- Heats uniformly. It is like an Indian Tawa but with an electric cooking range. It is very easy to use.
- I purchased this to use on my BBQ grill to make the best hamburgers. It works great even inside on the electric stove.
|Recommended reading: Can You Put A Lodge Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven?|
How To Heat Your Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On An Electric Stove
A cast iron griddle can be heated on an electric range, so you can make delicious pancakes and eggs for breakfast or sear burgers for dinner.
- Coat the surface of the cast iron griddle with a thin coat of cooking oil.
- Heat it on your stove at a medium temperature until it heats up… (Approx 3 – 4 mins)
- Wet your fingers and splash some water onto the pan… If the water sizzles, you are ready to go.
- Start cooking
Cast iron heats very evenly once it has been heated for a while and provides you with that true, classic cooking surface of a flat top.
|Recommended reading: Can You Use Lodge Cast Iron On Induction?|
What are the benefits of using a lodge griddle on an electric stove?
There are many benefits of using a Lodge griddle on an electric stove… One benefit is that it evenly distributes heat, which is ideal for cooking pancakes, eggs, and bacon… Another benefit is that it is easy to clean since the surface is smooth… Additionally, it is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for a variety of recipes.
What are some tips for cooking with a Lodge griddle on an electric stove?
If you’re using a Lodge griddle on an electric stove, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your cooking experience:
- Preheat your griddle before cooking… This will help ensure that your food cooks evenly and prevents sticking.
- Use a little oil or butter to grease the surface of your griddle before cooking… This will help further prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
- Use moderate heat when cooking.
- It is important to watch the food carefully while it is cooking on the griddle.
- The food should be removed from the griddle when it is cooked through.
- The griddle should be turned off and allowed to cool before cleaning it.
Can Griddle Be Used on Electric Stove
So what about other griddles can they be used on electric stoves?
Yes, a griddle can be used on an electric stove. In fact — many electric stoves are equipped with a special griddle plate that can be placed over the burners to create a flat, evenly heated cooking surface. This is a convenient feature that allows you to use your electric stove for a wide range of cooking tasks… including grilling, frying, and searing.
If your electric stove does not have a built-in griddle plate – you can still use a griddle by placing it directly on top of the burners. Just be sure to use a griddle that is large enough to span the width of the burners and to leave a bit of space between the griddle and the sides of the stove to allow for proper airflow.
Using a griddle on an electric stove can be a convenient and effective way to cook a wide range of foods. Just be sure to follow the instructions for your specific stove and griddle to ensure that you are using them safely and efficiently. With the right tools and techniques — you can enjoy delicious, perfectly cooked food using a griddle on an electric stove.
In summary — The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle is one of the most versatile cooking tools around, with a flat surface that’s perfect for searing steaks, frying eggs, and grilling sandwiches.
In its early days, the griddle wasn’t designed to be used on a stove at all; it was actually intended to be used on outdoor cooking equipment such as a campfire, a barbecue, or an open fire.
But as gas stoves, and then electric stoves became more popular, cast iron griddles also became popular for cooking indoors.
- The flat surface also makes it the perfect tool for warming tortillas or heating up leftovers, and a generous lip around the edge makes it easy to slide foods on and off.
- In case you’re wondering, the handle stays cool during cooking so you can safely pick it up to move it.
- Lodge cast iron griddles are great for cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner year-round.
When it comes to cooking a thick, delicious steak, there’s nothing like cooking it on a cast iron griddle on an electric stove… It’s the perfect way to make a juicy t-bone or ribeye.
You may also be interested in… Can You Put A Lodge Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven? and Is Traeger A Good Brand? (Grill With Authentic Smokehouse Taste)
Allan Wilson who in the offline world has an extensive background working in research, analyzing statistics, improving work processes, team leading, and implementing training to improve results and now thanks to more than 3 years dedicated to this site is now also a highly regarded researcher of brands.
Allan has a long history of developing brands online way back before blogging existed creating websites using HTML code in Notepad. Allan established brands in the Info Product Marketing arena such as infoproductmarketing, ebookresellerkit, reprintrightsmarketing, along with many other successful websites (and a few failures along the way). Allan has also authored numerous ebooks, owned and operated membership sites, created eLearning courses, and more.