"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
|>>>> Save Money With TODAYS DEALS - See what discounts you can get today!|
Yes You Can With One Caveat
Lodge griddles are versatile and the perfect companion to any indoor or outdoor cooking task, from searing a steak on the backyard grill or Thanksgiving turkey on the campfire to toasting cinnamon rolls at the neighborhood cookout!
But can you use it on an electric stove?
Lodge cast iron skillets can be used on an electric stove. That is great news for those folks who use an electric range due to their lower heat output.
One caveat is that cast iron tends to have a thicker sidewall, and as such, will take longer to heat up on an electric coil burner. However, once the skillet is hot it should hold temperature just fine as any other cookware.
As usual, let’s see if customers confirm that you can use the griddle on electric stoves…
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On An Electric Stove?
There are over 70 customer comments about using this cast iron griddle successfully on electric cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron griddle on electric stoves with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Griddle:
I have a crap old style electric stove so cast iron is GREAT to compensate for the wierd coil heating. The diameter is perfect size for a large electric coil burner, so it heats evenly.
- It’s my favorite for pancakes and fire perfectly on the largest burner on my glass top electric GE profile stove.
- I recommend constantly keeping it at medium and cooking especially if you have an electric coil stove as I do.
- It is working like a charm over the electric stove. The heat distribution is wonderful.
- It heats evenly (using an electric heating surface); heavy and substantial.
- My wife was a little hesitant because we have an electric stove, not a propane one and the griddle works well with this setup.
- It heats beautifully which is hard on electric stoves.
- I use an electric stove/oven and everything I’ve cooked has been delicious.
- It’s better than the nonstick ones. Works like a charm on an electric stovetop cooks in half the time.
- Heats uniformly. It is like an Indian Tawa but for an electric cooking range. Very easy to use.
- I purchased this to use on my bbq grill to make the best hamburgers. It works great even inside on the electric stove.
|See Also - Best Grill, Smokers & Griddle Brands|
How To Heat Your Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On An Electric Stove
A cast iron griddle can be heated on an electric range so you can make delicious pancakes and eggs for breakfast or sear burgers for dinner.
- Coat the surface of the cast iron griddle with a thin coat of cooking oil.
- Heat it on your stove at a medium temperature until it heats up. (Approx 3 – 4 mins)
- Wet your fingers and splash some water onto the pan. If the water sizzles you are ready to go.
- Start cooking
Cast iron heats very evenly once it has been heated for a while and provides you with that true, classic cooking surface of a flat top.
In summary, the Lodge Cast Iron Griddle is one of the most versatile cooking tools around, with a flat surface that’s perfect for searing steaks, frying eggs, and grilling sandwiches.
In its early days, the griddle wasn’t designed to be used on a stove at all; it was actually intended to be used on outdoor cooking equipment such as a campfire, a barbecue, or an open fire.
But as gas stoves, and then electric stoves became more popular cast iron griddles also became popular for cooking indoors.
The flat surface also makes it the perfect tool for warming tortillas or heating up leftovers, and a generous lip around the edge makes it easy to slide foods on and off.
In case you’re wondering, the handle stays cool during cooking so you can safely pick it up to move it.
Lodge cast iron griddles are great for cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner year-round.
When it comes to cooking a thick, delicious steak, there’s nothing like cooking it on a cast iron griddle on an electric stove. It’s the perfect way to make a juicy t-bone or ribeye.
You may also be interested in… Can You Put A Lodge Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven? and Is Traeger A Good Brand? (Grill With Authentic Smokehouse Taste)