Cast iron cookware has been around for a long time. It’s so old, in fact, that it’s become a bit of a cliche. Every hipster has a collection of cast iron pots and pans, and the rest of the world has taken notice.
Even though we’re all familiar with cast iron cookware, there are still things you might not know about it.
For example, did you know that Lodge brand cast iron cookware can be used on an induction cooktop?
Lodge’s cast iron cookware is made to last a lifetime. It’s strong, durable, long-lasting, and can be used on all cooking surfaces, including induction.
When looking for cookware to use on an induction cooktop your prime concern is will it work on my cooktop? Not only is the answer absolutely yes. There are literally hundreds of Lodge customers that can verify that this statement is true!
So… Let’s take a look at 5 different Lodge cast iron cookware products and see what users are saying about using them on induction cooktops.
What Do Customers Say About Using The Lodge Cast Iron Skillet On An Induction Cooktop?
Whether you have an induction cooktop in your home or a campsite, the Lodge Cast Iron skillet is one of the best ways to sear meat, roast vegetables, and even bake cornbread.
There are over 109 customer comments about using this cast iron skillet successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron skillet on induction stovetops with no issues.
In fact, as many point out induction and cast iron were made for each other…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Skillet reviews:
Cast iron and induction cooktop, match made in heaven. This pan gets a perfectly even heat and is easy to quickly control with an induction cooktop.
- This pan is great, I think it’s a nice size and you can cook a lot of things with it, and it’s really good for induction tops.
- It’s wonderful and even better if you use induction cooktops.
- I have switched to using cast iron whenever possible with my glass top stove and induction burner. Love it.
- Surprisingly good (and yes, it’s induction oven compatible!!!)
- And while you’re at it, get an induction burner for it! Cast Iron and Induction heating were made for each other!!
- The skillet worked perfectly on my induction cooktop, contrary to what I was told by a certain seller.
- Cast iron is really cheap, easy to clean (no soap required), and works on induction.
- It has a smooth bottom which works well on an induction stove.
- This works perfectly on my induction stove.
- I use it on an induction stovetop and heats almost instantly! Well made and my great-grandchildren will be using them 50 years from now!
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On An Induction Cooktop?
The Lodge cast iron griddle is a great tool for cooking pancakes, eggs, bacon, potatoes, and much more. The surface is flat and can be put over any heat source, even on top of the stove.
The Lodge cast iron griddle is one of the most versatile cookware pieces you can own. You can use it anywhere you have a stovetop. It is durable enough to be used on the barbecue, in the oven, and under the broiler. And it makes a great indoor grill too.
There are over 73 customer comments about using this cast iron griddle successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron griddle on induction stovetops with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Griddle reviews:
Awesome on Induction Cooktops. Induction is outstanding for hitting a consistent temperature and cast iron is perfect for having enough mass to hold that temperature even if you place something cold in the pan.
- Cast iron absolutely kills it on induction cooktops. Wonderful value, construction, and durability.
- Talk about a brilliant portable seasoned flat top that works on energy-efficient induction stovetops. This thing ROCKS!
- Typical Lodge cast iron pan. I use it almost every day on an induction stovetop. NO issues with it.
- The griddle is amazing. I use it regularly on my induction cooktop for preparing dosas, rotis, and pancakes.
- We had been wanting a griddle to use on our induction cooktop while camping. This unit works very well.
- I really like this griddle. Works perfectly with induction cooktops. Is made in the USA (very important).
- Great for bacon eggs hash searing meat and its induction compatible works fine on my glass cooktop.
- I just purchased an induction stove and I make flatbreads on this griddle using an induction stove…PERFECT.
- This is a must-have in Griddles. It cooks on an inductive stove, camping, and barbeque grill.
- Bought this for my induction cooker and it is PERFECT.
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven On An Induction Cooktop?
Lodge’s full line of cast-iron cookware includes the world-famous dutch oven with its enameled surface and deep, even heating.
The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven is perfect cookware for slow-cooking and stewing. Heat retention and even heat distribution will help you cook delicious dishes to your liking.
The cookware can also be used for browning, sautéing, searing, simmering, braising, baking and roasting.
There are over 43 customer comments about using this cast iron dutch oven successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron dutch oven on induction stovetops with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven reviews:
I bought this Dutch oven because I needed something that would work with my new induction cooktop. It works beautifully and is my absolutely favorite cookware.
- Cast iron pots make great induction cookware because it’s metallic.
- Good quality, great value, long-lasting, and doubles as induction cookware–excellent for hot pot.
- So great to have the ability to use on the stovetop, induction, or in the oven!
- I have a small induction burner that I use on and that keeps the temperature nice and even. It’s perfect for an induction stove or burner.
- Purchased this specifically for my induction stove. It heats evenly without buzzing, is easy to clean.
- Very easy to use on my induction stove.
- I use it almost every day. I have an induction burner, and it works so well. Heats beautifully, and holds the heat.
- This is a magnificent addition to any kitchen, and a great investment if you like to cook on a digital induction burner.
- I love the heat distribution and retention properties of cast iron and I especially love my induction cooker.
- It has a nice smooth bottom so works well on a glass-topped induction stove – easy to clean even with burned food on the bottom
What About Using The Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan On An Induction Cooktop?
This Cast Iron Grill Pan is a wonderful addition to your kitchen. It heats up quickly and does a great job of making beautiful grill marks on burgers, steaks, fish, vegetables, and even pizza!
The cast-iron design evenly distributes heat from the bottom and sides for searing on all sides. The ridges also work to drain excess fat and juices away from food during cooking, making them an optimal choice for healthier cooking.
There are over 33 customer comments about using this cast iron grill pan successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron grill pan on induction stovetops with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan reviews:
This product works great on induction. This grill pan is perfect for cooking for 2, is very high quality, works great on induction, will last a life time.
- Especially with the induction cooktop which seems to be able to generate more than adequate heat for searing.
- I use this grill pan with my portable induction cooktops and this grill cooks wonderfully and perfect grill marks.
- Really nice cast iron pan. It can be used on fire or induction.
- I bought this to use with my induction cooktop. It creates a nice flavor for your grilled foods.
- Makes excellent burgers and steaks. Works like a charm on our induction surface stovetop.
- I am able to grill rather than fry, now, and it works great on my induction cooktop.
- Super Grill Pan, I use it on my induction cooktop for great results.
- Good pan. It is great for cooking steaks on my induction cooker.
- I would easily compare the steak I made with the induction cook-top and this cast iron grill, to that of any steak of any restaurant I have had that I can recall.
- Cast iron is great for cooking. I use it on my induction cooker. Works great. Lodge is the best.
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Wok On An Induction Cooktop?
The Lodge Cast Iron Wok is ideal for stir-frying, deep-frying, steaming, and boiling. It can also be used separately as a griddle, roasting pan, or lasagna pan.
With its smooth bottom and rounded rim, this wok is also great for rice dishes and of course, induction stovetops.
There are over 55 customer comments about using this cast iron wok successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron wok on induction stovetops with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Wok reviews:
I had been looking for a wok that would work on my inductive stove top. I never expected to find a Cast Iron one. This has all the features and benefits of a regular work, but it’s even better because it’s cast iron. Better heat transfer and retention. I love cooking with cast iron.
- We use it constantly on an induction stovetop. Quick to get super hot.
- I’m using this on an induction hotplate. It takes a couple of minutes to heat up, but once hot, its significant cast iron mass allows it to retain heat for bao cooking and produces excellent results.
- I was very skeptical about it working on my induction oven – but it worked like a charm.
- If you have a glass/ceramic cooktop, this IS the wok for you… If you have gas, induction, or conventional electric cooktops, it’s still the wok for you!
- I use it on an induction stove and it heats within seconds and stays hot no matter how much you throw at it!
- Great wok for an induction burner. Very heavy and well built. Nice preseasoned wok.
- Cast iron wok, and induction burner, match made in heaven
- Great power on the Induction stove! Love it!
- Love it. I have an induction cooktop, and it works great, just put a paper towel on the cooktop surface to percent scratching.
- The Lodge cast iron wok is a natural evolution from the thin Oriental wok, and it is especially suited for the modern American kitchen with its electric or induction burners.
In summary, Cast Iron is the traditional way of cooking for billions of people around the world. It is durable, versatile, and economical.
All cast iron cookware can be used on all heating sources including induction, which makes it the perfect addition to your kitchen.
It heats evenly, doesn’t react with foods, and emits a subtly sweet taste.
Cast Iron is also heavy-duty stuff and will last a lifetime if properly maintained.