Induction cooktops only work with magnetic cookware. Luckily, cast iron fits the bill perfectly! Most stainless steel pans also work well, but copper and aluminum won’t, unless specially designed for induction.
Quick tip: A magnet will stick to induction-compatible cookware!
Benefits of using cast iron on induction:
- Fast and even heat distribution: Cast iron retains heat incredibly well, leading to consistent and efficient cooking.
- High cooking temperatures: Perfect for searing steaks, sauteing vegetables, and baking delicious dishes.
- Durable and long-lasting: Cast iron cookware can last for generations with proper care.
Things to keep in mind:
- Cast iron can be heavy, so use caution when handling.
- Preheat your cast iron slowly on induction to avoid warping.
- Hand-wash your cast iron and dry it thoroughly to prevent rust.
With its superior heat retention and versatility, cast iron is a great choice for induction cooking. So, if you’re looking for a new pan to use on your induction cooktop, consider cast iron!
But can you use Lodge cast iron cookware on induction cooktops?
Sure you can — Let’s take a look at 5 different Lodge cast iron cookware products and see what users are saying about using them on induction cooktops.
|Recommended reading: Can You Use A Lodge Griddle On An Electric Stove?
What Do Customers Say About Using The Lodge Cast Iron Skillet On An Induction Cooktop?
Whether you have an induction cooktop in your home or a campsite, the Lodge Cast Iron skillet is one of the best ways to sear meat, roast vegetables, and even bake cornbread.
There are over 109 customer comments about using this cast iron skillet successfully on induction cooktops. In fact… as many stated — induction and cast iron were made for each other…
It’s clear from reviewer comments that many people are having great success using their Lodge Cast Iron Skillet on an induction cooktop. Many people mention that the pan heats evenly and is easy to control — making it a perfect match for induction cooking.
Some people also mention that they have switched to using cast iron pans on their induction cooktops whenever possible – noting that they are cheap, easy to clean, and long-lasting. Others mention that the smooth bottom of the skillet works well on an induction stove — and that the pan heats up almost instantly on this type of cooking surface.
Overall… the Lodge Cast Iron Skillet is a versatile and reliable choice for use on an induction cooktop. Whether you are an experienced cook or a beginner, this pan is sure to be a useful and reliable addition to your kitchen.
|Recommended reading: Can You Put Lodge Cast Iron On The Grill?
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On An Induction Cooktop?
The Lodge cast iron griddle is a great tool for cooking pancakes, eggs, bacon, potatoes, and much more… The surface is flat and can be put over any heat source, even on top of the stove.
The Lodge cast iron griddle is one of the most versatile cookware pieces you can own… You can use it anywhere you have a stovetop… It is durable enough to be used on the barbecue, in the oven, and under the broiler… And it makes a great indoor grill too.
There are over 73 customer comments about using this cast iron griddle successfully on induction cooktops.
It’s clear from reviewer comments that the Lodge Cast Iron Griddle works exceptionally well on this type of cooking surface — and that it is able to hold a consistent temperature even when cold items are placed in the pan.
People also appreciate the value, construction, and durability of the griddle, and many mention that they use it regularly on their induction cooktops for a wide variety of cooking tasks. Others mention that the griddle is great for camping and barbeque grilling and that it is perfect for making flatbreads on an induction stove.
|Recommended reading: Can You Put A Lodge Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven?
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven On An Induction Cooktop?
Lodge’s full line of cast-iron cookware includes the world-famous dutch oven with its enameled surface and deep, even heating.
The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven is perfect cookware for slow-cooking and stewing… Heat retention and even heat distribution will help you cook delicious dishes to your liking.
The cookware can also be used for browning, sautéing, searing, simmering, braising, baking and roasting. There are over 43 customer comments about using this cast iron dutch oven successfully on induction cooktops.
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven:
I bought this Dutch oven because I needed something that would work with my new induction cooktop. It works beautifully and is my absolutely favorite cookware.
- Cast iron pots make great induction cookware because it’s metallic.
- Good quality, great value, long-lasting, and doubles as induction cookware–excellent for hot pot.
- So great to have the ability to use it on the stovetop, induction, or in the oven!
- I have a small induction burner that I use on and that keeps the temperature nice and even. It’s perfect for an induction stove or burner.
- Purchased this specifically for my induction stove. It heats evenly without buzzing, is easy to clean.
- Very easy to use on my induction stove.
- I use it almost every day. I have an induction burner, and it works so well. Heats beautifully, and holds the heat.
- This is a magnificent addition to any kitchen, and a great investment if you like to cook on a digital induction burner.
- I love the heat distribution and retention properties of cast iron and I especially love my induction cooker.
- It has a nice smooth bottom so works well on a glass-topped induction stove – easy to clean even with burned food on the bottom
|Recommended reading: Can You Use Lodge Cast Iron Skillet On Glass Top Stove?
What About Using The Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan On An Induction Cooktop?
This Cast Iron Grill Pan is a wonderful addition to your kitchen… It heats up quickly and does a great job of making beautiful grill marks on burgers, steaks, fish, vegetables, and even pizza!
The cast-iron design evenly distributes heat from the bottom and sides for searing on all sides… The ridges also work to drain excess fat and juices away from food during cooking, making them an optimal choice for healthier cooking.
There are over 33 customer comments about using this cast iron grill pan successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron grill pan on induction stovetops with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan:
This product works great on induction. This grill pan is perfect for cooking for 2, is very high quality, works great on induction, will last a life time.
- Especially with the induction cooktop which seems to be able to generate more than adequate heat for searing.
- I use this grill pan with my portable induction cooktops and this grill cooks wonderfully and perfect grill marks.
- Really nice cast iron pan. It can be used on fire or induction.
- I bought this to use with my induction cooktop… It creates a nice flavor for your grilled foods.
- Makes excellent burgers and steaks. Works like a charm on our induction surface stovetop.
- I am able to grill rather than fry, now, and it works great on my induction cooktop.
- Super Grill Pan, I use it on my induction cooktop for great results.
- Good pan. It is great for cooking steaks on my induction cooker.
- I would easily compare the steak I made with the induction cook-top and this cast iron grill, to that of any steak of any restaurant I have had that I can recall.
- Cast iron is great for cooking. I use it on my induction cooker… Works great… Lodge is the best.
|Recommended reading: Can You Bake Bread In A Lodge Dutch Oven?
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Wok On An Induction Cooktop?
The Lodge Cast Iron Wok is ideal for stir-frying, deep-frying, steaming, and boiling. It can also be used separately as a griddle, roasting pan, or lasagna pan.
With its smooth bottom and rounded rim, this wok is also great for rice dishes and of course, induction stovetops. There are over 55 customer comments about using this cast iron wok successfully on induction cooktops.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron wok on induction stovetops with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Wok:
I had been looking for a wok that would work on my inductive stove top. I never expected to find a Cast Iron one. This has all the features and benefits of a regular work, but it’s even better because it’s cast iron. Better heat transfer and retention. I love cooking with cast iron.
- We use it constantly on an induction stovetop. Quick to get super hot.
- I’m using this on an induction hotplate. It takes a couple of minutes to heat up, but once hot, its significant cast iron mass allows it to retain heat for bao cooking and produces excellent results.
- I was very skeptical about it working on my induction oven – but it worked like a charm.
- If you have a glass/ceramic cooktop, this IS the wok for you… If you have gas, induction, or conventional electric cooktops, it’s still the wok for you!
- I use it on an induction stove and it heats within seconds and stays hot no matter how much you t ow at it! Dinner, breakfast, lunch, and a ton of recipes can all be handled on induction.
- Great wok for an induction burner. Very heavy and well built. Nice preseasoned wok.
- Cast iron wok, and induction burner, match made in heaven
- Great power on the Induction stove! Love it!
- Love it. I have an induction cooktop, and it works great, just put a paper towel on the cooktop surface to percent scratching.
- The Lodge cast iron wok is a natural evolution from the thin Oriental wok, and it is especially suited for the modern American kitchen with its electric or induction burners.
|Recommended reading: Is Lodge A Good Brand? (Cast Iron Cookware)
Will Induction Cooktop Work with Cast Iron
Induction cooktops are a popular choice for many home cooks due to their fast heating times and precise temperature control. However — if you are considering using a cast iron pan on an induction cooktop… it’s important to understand that not all cast iron pans are compatible with this type of cooking surface.
In order for a pan to be used on an induction cooktop — it must be made of a ferromagnetic material. This means that the pan must be able to be magnetized in order for it to work with the cooktop. Cast iron pans are made of iron, which is a ferromagnetic material, so in theory — they should be compatible with induction cooktops.
However… not all cast iron pans are created equal. Some cast iron pans are coated with a layer of enamel – which is a non-ferromagnetic material. This coating can prevent the pan from being magnetized, which means that it will not work on an induction cooktop.
To determine whether a particular cast iron pan is compatible with an induction cooktop — you can simply try holding a magnet to the bottom of the pan. If the magnet sticks to the pan – it is likely that the pan is made of pure cast iron and will work with an induction cooktop. If the magnet does not stick… the pan is likely coated with enamel or another non-ferromagnetic material and will not work on an induction cooktop.
So… while many cast iron pans are compatible with induction cooktops — it is important to make sure that the pan is made of pure, ferromagnetic cast iron in order to use it with this type of cooking surface. If you are unsure whether your cast iron pan will work with an induction cooktop – you can use the magnet test to find out.
Quick Summary of Facts
- Lodge Cast Iron is a leading manufacturer of cast iron cookware, producing a wide range of products including skillets, Dutch ovens, griddles, and more.
- Lodge Cast Iron cookware is designed to be used on all types of cooktops, including induction.
- Lodge Cast Iron cookware is made from a single piece of cast iron, which provides excellent heat retention and even heat distribution.
- Lodge Cast Iron cookware is pre-seasoned with vegetable oil, making it non-stick and easy to clean.
- Lodge Cast Iron cookware is oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fa enheit.
- Lodge Cast Iron cookware is compatible with all types of induction inside cooktops, including those with induction coils and induction hobs whether you are in a house, an apartment, or even a condo.
- Lodge Cast Iron cookware is designed to be used with induction cooktops, as it is able to generate and retain heat more efficiently than other materials.
In summary, Cast Iron is the traditional way of cooking a meal for billions of people around the world. It is durable, versatile, and economical.
All cast iron cookware can be used on all heating sources including induction, (even outdoors on a campfire) which makes it the perfect addition to your kitchen.
It heats evenly, doesn’t react with foods, and emits a subtly sweet taste. Cast Iron is also heavy-duty stuff and will last a lifetime if properly maintained.