Cast iron is an amazing material. It’s been popular in America for over a century for its many uses and benefits. But can you put cast iron on the grill?
Yes. It’s True and Totally Safe – Cast iron is a great choice for grilling: It transfers and retains heat well, so the outside of your food cooks quickly and evenly while the inside continues to cook at the desired rate.
Whether you’re camping out, entertaining guests, or cooking for a few extra mouths, our Cast Iron pans are the perfect addition to your kitchen or patio.
Durable and crafted with quality materials, they can be used on any gas grill or campfire. Or use them as everyday cookware in your kitchen.
So… Let’s take a look at 4 different Lodge cast iron cookware products and see what users are saying about using them on a grill.
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Skillet On Grills?
All cast iron pans can be used on the stovetop and the grill just like any other cast iron frying pan or skillet.
There are over 508 customer comments about successfully grilling in the for this product.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron skillet on a grill with no issues.
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Skillet:
One more thing, if you like to cook outside on a grill over a log fire out on the pit, there’s nothing around that beats a cast iron skillet.
- What I love about Lodge cast iron…it can be put on a campfire, grill, wood-burning stove, or firepit and still keep its appearance with simple care and STILL be able to use it on the stove or in the oven…no warping.
- I use mine on the stovetop, the oven, on the gas grill in the backyard, on the campfire grate, and directly on the campfire coals. It does great everywhere.
- Its primary purpose was for caramelizing onions with the side burner of the grill, without damaging the pan… flawless there.
- I used it with my Webber Go-Anywhere portable charcoal grill and it works like a charm.
- They also are great on the grill and the smoker, you can’t do that with the more expensive cookware.
- A really cool thing is that it fits easily on any outdoor grill.
- I have used this skillet over the grill, in the oven, on the stove and it has been perfect in distributing the heat evenly throughout and therefore, cooking the food evenly throughout.
- It is heavy cast iron that is very versatile as it can be used in ovens, stovetops, outdoors, grills (or just open campfire), and high heat temps.
- This thing has been fantastic, I’ve used it on the stovetop, in the oven, and on the grill.
- I put the pan on my Weber grill, heat the pan…and cook the steak in the pan on the grill. DELICIOUS!
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle On A Grill?
There are over 409 customer comments about using this cast iron griddle successfully on a grill.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron griddle on grills with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Griddle:
I couldn’t be happier – and if you’re looking for a pan that will last, perform precisely as intended and be versatile enough to use on any heating surface (including your outdoor grill), this is it. Look no further.
- I do a lot of cooking with cast iron. In the kitchen. On the grill. In the fire pit. And especially camping.
- You can cook anything on it, on any kind of surface, use any kind of utensils, even put it in the oven or grill (perfect for the homemade pizza!!!)
- I have used this griddle on the stove, in the oven, and on the grill.
- Pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, the possibilities are endless. It’s the perfect size for a variety of uses. It can easily be used on your outdoor grill as well.
- I use it primarily as a griddle on the grill top to sear meat and carmelize it, giving as close to that black and blue on a nice steak as one can get with an inexpensive consumer grill. Recommend.
- I use it mainly for beefsteak and pork belly grill, especially for outside pit grill. I love it.
- I’ve even used it to grill steaks on in the oven when it’s too cold to go outside to use your outdoor gas grill. The size is perfect!!
- Cooked tortilla shell pizza on our Weber grill with this. Spectacular! Best homemade pizza ever.
- Can also use this wonderful griddle/comal on the grill for making blackened cajun dishes!
- I use this on my gas stovetop and my outdoor gas grill. If you’re a lover of Lodge cast iron cookware, you’ll want this pan!
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven On The Grill?
There are 101 customer comments about using this cast iron dutch oven successfully on a grill
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron dutch oven on grills with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven:
We used this dutch oven as a substitute for a potjie pot. It worked out fantastic. Used it on the grill because that’s how a traditional South African potjie is made. Did a beef potjie and it was absolutely delicious!
- I use this pot in cooking in the oven or over the grill as well as the stove.
- The Dutch oven is the perfect size for cooking side items like beans, soup, or other dishes over an outdoor grill or smoker.
- I purchased this small dutch oven specifically to cook potatoes on the grill. It works!
- If you are on the fence about it, just do it! You can use it on the stove, on the stove, camping, on a grill, anywhere!
- I cubed potatoes, tossed in oil and salt, stood back then let the grill and the cast iron Lodge work their magic.
- Cooks like a pro whether on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill. Very high quality with excellent heat distribution.
- Use it for roast and other meats when cooking on my Kamado grill. Worked perfectly and the food came out great.
- You can use this on the indoor stovetop, on an induction cooker, in the oven, and best of all, outside on the open fire or on the grill.
- We bought this for a recent camping trip and it worked well on both a propane stove and a grill over a fire. Heavy, high quality that I’ll use at home as well.
- Great little pot. Made an amazing spaghetti sauce on the grill the night I received it.
Can You Use The Lodge Cast Iron Wok On A Grill?
There are over 35 customer comments about using this cast iron wok successfully on a grill.
Below are highlights from just 10 of those comments that will well and truly show you that people are using this cast iron wok on grills with no issues…
Example of comments from Lodge Cast Iron Wok:
The bottom is a nice sized large round metal pedestal disk at the bottom. This is the key to this wonderful wok. This allows the wok to stand upright on its own on the stove top or even a properly equipped grill.
- We love this wok. We use it on our stove and on the grill for stir fry. Very easy to clean.
- This thing can go in the oven to heat even quicker if needed or on an outdoor grill.
- It works great either on my glass top stove or my grill’s side burner.
- I recently have seen grill tops for gas and even the weber kettle charcoal grills. It has a round cut out in the center, and I can imagine this wok would work GREAT in those.
- Another wonderful Lodge product! Have used it on my Viking cooktop, outdoor grill, and campfire.
- I can use it on my cooktop, or on the grill burner too.
- For anyone that enjoys stir fry or grilled foods, this is the very best grilling wok available.
- This is awesome on a grill. It gets super hot, it has a large capacity and it’s fun to make dinner in less than a couple of minutes.
- I have used it outside on my grill burner and inside and it just makes cooking so easy. Retains heat and cooks fast.
- Purchased this wok to use on my Weber kettle charcoal grill works beautifully, is plenty deep enough and heat retention is fantastic.
In summary, Cast iron cookware is built for durability. It’s more likely to outlive the owner than to break, which is why it is often passed down from generation to generation.
The lodge is a trusted name in cast iron, and their products are designed with the do-it-yourselfer in mind. With a wide variety of skillets and Dutch ovens, Lodge has the equipment you need to tackle any meal.
Cast Iron can be used on the inside or outside of your grill, as well as in the oven or on your stovetop.
During the summer, BBQs are a great way to catch up with friends and family.
Its cast-iron material heats evenly and retains heat for long periods of time, making it a great tool for grilling.
You may also be interested in… Can You Bake Bread In A Lodge Dutch Oven? and Is Oklahoma Joe’s A Good Brand? (Impressive Smokers & BBQ Grills)