"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
How you chop onions can be a pain in the neck. It’s not uncommon to see people mashing the onions with their bare hands, or using a method that involves lots of tears. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
People who have time and patience for this task can spend hours chopping onions. And, it can be very challenging for someone who doesn’t have enough time to spend chopping onions.
Fortunately, you can use a Cuisinart food processor to help dice, chop, and slice onions quickly and easily. It can also chop the onion pieces into uniform sizes and can even process the onions in a large batch.
Chopping onions is not as hard a task as it may seem. You don’t need to be a master chef to reap the benefits of using a Cuisinart food processor; simple tools like a food processor will cut down on the time it takes to make food-borne recipes simple and delicious.
Here are some tips on how to chop onions in your Cuisinart food processor…
How Do You Chop Onions In A Cuisinart?
Chopping onions is a great way to get more onions into your diet, but how do you chop them in a food processor? It’s not as hard as you might think.
Basically, all you do to chop onions with a food processor is put the onion in, pulse a few times, and voila!
Chopping onions is a simple task when you have a food processor. But, if you have never used one, or if you are new to the process, there are a few tips and tricks you should know before getting started.
The best thing about a food processor is that it gives you so many smaller pieces at one time, so it’s easier to portion out your food. It’s also very easy to clean, making cleanup a breeze.
And, best of all, it keeps your kitchen organized by making meals ready for you when you get home from work!
Here is our first video showing how easy it is. There is also another video further down that shows you what blade to use…
What Do Customers Say About The Cuisinart Processors Onion Chopping & Slicing Capabilities?
What makes this food processor so unique is that it comes with an integrated chopping blade that is specifically designed to chop onions.
So, if you’re looking for a way to quickly chop onions in the shortest amount of time possible, then the Cuisinart is the tool you’re looking for.
Chopping onions is no longer a hassle when you have this machine at your disposal. It will make sure that you get every bit of onion goodness out of your food processor.
Quite a few customers have mentioned how they love the Cuisinart for chopping, dicing, and slicing onions.
Absolutely perfect! I made Fajitas the other day and what would have taken quite a while to cut all the peppers and onions into uniform slices, only took about 30 seconds with the slicer blade.
- Today alone I diced mushrooms & onions, shredded cheese, and sliced strawberries, apples, & tomatoes.
- You’ll no longer fight with uneven tomato/onion/potato slices.
- It ate through a 10-pound bag of onions in minutes.
- I cannot imagine anything it would have trouble cutting – from diced onions or celery to liquefying bananas and strawberries.
- I’ve finely chopped onion, mixed meatloaf, shredded lettuce, sliced carrots, and I’ve put the work bowl in the dishwasher numerous times.
- I use it to chopped onions, celery, carrots, ground meat, slice, shred, even make pasta!
- It chops my garlic, onions, and mushrooms perfectly.
- It makes chopping vegetables, onions, garlic a breeze!
- Quick and easy onions for French onion soup!
- Slices tomatoes, onions, potatoes perfectly!
- Perfectly chops onions, bread into bread crumbs for dressing!
- I’ve shredded cabbage, sliced carrots and beets, and chopped onions.
- I love this food processor! Well worth the money! It will chop up a whole onion!
- It sliced onions quickly without dragging uncut slices between the disc & lid the way cheaper models always do.
- I sliced a pound of carrots, an entire bunch of celery, and a ginormous onion in about a minute WITHOUT EMPTYING THE BOWL!
- It cuts uniformly, blends great, and no tears when cutting onions.
- The medium blade sliced all the onions for my holiday baking really fast and easy.
How To Dice Onions With Your Cuisinart
Chopping onions is easy in a food processor. Just place the onion on the chopping board and press down on the blade until it pieces are mixed together.
The smaller blades on a food processor make it easier to handle and transport onions, which helps to prevent them from being rough when you chop them.
The larger blades can help peel onions faster, so you can use them to log into your databases or to cut up pieces of food for pasta dishes.
This video shows you how to use the chopping blade for onions as well as potatoes…
In summary, can you imagine how much easier it would be to prepare and chop onions if you had a food processor at your disposal? The possibilities are virtually endless when it comes to the kinds of meals you can prepare with a food processor.
If you have a food processor, there is no need to worry about uneven chopping as you can slice across the onions whilst simultaneously taking into account all of the smaller onion cloves.
Chopping onions is a task that inevitably takes time and effort, but with a food processor you can cut down overtime on the work required.
And if you need to increase the quality or quantity of the ingredients you’re using, a food processor gives you the potential to create more edible meals with less effort.
You may also be interested in… Can You Grind Meat With A Cuisinart Food Processor? and Can You Grate Cheese In A Cuisinart? (It Is Easier Than You Think)