The Cuisinart Air Fryer Is So Versatile
What if you could fry, bake, roast and toast with only one appliance. The Cuisinart Air Fryer does just that, and has a countdown timer so you can always fry a perfect meal. This air fryer is a dream kitchen appliance. But can it cook a whole chicken?
Yes, you can! The skin will be crispy and delicious. And when you reach inside to serve your chicken, it will fall off the bones. Truly good comfort food every single time!
The Cuisinart air fryer is a kitchen countertop appliance that combines the air-frying method of cooking at high temperatures with convection currents to cook healthier and faster than conventional fryers.
Once you know how (and we will show you below how easy it is to do) cooking a whole chicken in an air fryer is a super convenient and foolproof way to get a deliciously cooked chicken every time…
"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
What Do Customers Say About Cooking A Whole Chicken In The Cuisinart Air Fryer?
The Cuisinart Air Fryer lets you fry, grill, roast, and even bake with little to no oil. The Cuisinart Air Fryer is a multi-functional air fryer to help make cooking fun, easy, and delicious! But can you cook a whole chicken in your Cuisinart air fryer? Here is what customers have to say…
So far I have only cooked whole chickens in it. They were 5lbs., fit without a problem, used convection, crisp on outside, very juicy inside.
- I baked a whole chicken last night and it was perfectly cooked. Sure saves a lot of time.
- This is big enough to roast a decent-sized whole chicken & the air fryer works great!
- I have cooked fish, whole chicken, steak, pork chops, beef roast, hamburgers, and everything came out perfect, we now use it as our primary toaster.
- It takes up a small footprint on my counter, yet holds a whole chicken or a pizza! Love this oven.
- I cooked a whole chicken in it, which was great. It cooks pizza well, too.
- For example, we cooked a whole chicken in it and it came out so juicy and fall off the bone it blew my mind.
- I put a whole chicken butterflied in there for about 30 minutes and it was perfect. Crispy skin reached over 165 internal temperature. All the meat was still moist.
- The convection bake gave us a beautiful brown and crispy whole chicken and the air fryer worked beautifully on our sweet potato fries.
- I can cook 1 1/2 whole chickens at the same time. That’s 12 pieces of chicken!
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In A Cuisinart Air Fryer
A chicken cooked in an air fryer is one of the easiest things you will ever make and can be on your dinner table in about an hour. In fact, Cuisinart has an easy-to-follow whole chicken recipe on its website.
- Simply put the chicken onto the baking pan of the Cuisinart.
- Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Add salt, pepper, etc to your preference.
- Place the baking pan into rack position 1.
- Set the Convection Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- When the timer has expired lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes. (some people also like to turn the chicken over at this stage)
- If it’s golden brown and the thighs register 165 degrees on your meat thermometer it’s ready. If not, cook for a little longer.
- It is important to allow the chicken to rest for 10 mins before carving/serving.
Here is a video showing how easy it is to cook a whole chicken the Cuisinart Air Fryer. She is using a chicken that weighs 5.4lbs and demonstrates how easily it fits into the fryer with more room for a bigger bird if necessary…
Is The Cuisinart Air Fryer Large Enough To Cook A Whole Chicken?
What’s not to love about chicken? It’s one of the most versatile proteins, it’s easy to make, and everyone loves it! And the good news is that while the Cuisinart air fryer is compact enough to sit on your countertop space it is indeed large enough to cook a whole chicken.
It easily cooks a 5lb chicken and in fact, people say it will handle a bird as heavy as 7lbs. More than enough capacity to cook a whole chicken and feed your entire family.
Once again watch the start of the video I have above and it shows how easily a 5.4-pound bird fits and you will see how much extra room there is around it.
Can I Cook Raw Chicken In An Air Fryer
Cooking a chicken is as easy as placing it onto the baking pan and cooking it and you can do this with a raw chicken. I actually like just cooking my chicken plain so there is virtually no effort whatsoever. I do pat the chicken dry with a paper towel as that helps to get a nice crispy skin.
There is absolutely no issues with cooking a raw chicken in you air fryer. There is no need to preheat, or precook in nayway as your air fryer can bake the chicken from scratch just as your oven would.
Of course, you can get very creative with your chicken recipes by adding spices, salt, pepper, and all sorts of things. But no matter what you do it is perfectly fine to put a raw chicken into the air fryer and start cooking.
Can You Rotisserie In Cuisinart Air Fryer?
The Cuisinart air fryer doesn’t have a rotisserie however because of the way it works you don’t really need one. Convection is a method of cooking that uses the hot air flow generated by a powerful fan to distribute heat evenly around your food so there is no need for a rotisserie.
The way the Cuisinart Air Fryer convection cooking works is very different from conventional ovens. Conventional ovens heat food by heating the whole chamber, whereas the Cuisinart Air Fryer uses a fan to circulate hot air around your food for faster and more even cooking.
Here are some comments from customers about it:
- I baked a chicken that came out great. Very juicy and tender. I thought I would need a rotisserie to get such good results. Not so.
- It’s simply amazing, the only feature it doesn’t have is rotisserie, but I don’t even care.
- Spatchcock a whole 3lb which and cook in less than an hour! Better than a rotisserie chicken.
In summary, the Cuisinart Airfryer, Convection Toaster Oven is ideal for cooking whole chickens. It not only has the capacity to fit large birds it also does a wonderful job at cooking the most delicious, juicy, tender chickens complete with crispy skin.