"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
Grating cheese helps you remove the mucus from your food so that you can eat more with less effort. Another benefit of grating cheese is that it helps prevent food from browning and losing flavoring.
Grated cheese is the secret to many delicious recipes. The workhorse of any kitchen, Cuisinart food processors are designed to handle even a large block of cheese.
Simply by using the Cuisinart cheese grating disc you can perfectly grate hard cheeses like Parmesan. Grate fresh Parmesan or mozzarella right onto your pasta for the ultimate Italian dish. The stainless steel surface is durable, easy to clean, and will last for years of use.
The powerful, compact Cuisinart food processor comes with a variety of attachments that allow you to grate cheese, slice vegetables, and more.
When it comes to grating cheese, you’ll find that – aside from being faster than using a metal grater – it’s much easier, too. There are two ways to grate cheese in a Cuisinart… either with the slicing disk or with the grating disc.
Here are some tips on how to grate cheese in your Cuisinart food processor…
How Do You Grate Cheese In A Cuisinart?
Cuisinart has made grating cheese easier than ever. This processor can grate, slice and shred using specially designed blades.
Use the disc with medium holes to grate hard cheeses such as Parmesan; use the medium shredding disc for semi-hard cheeses such as Cheddar; use the fine shredding disc to prepare fresh vegetables for salsa, or for a decorative garnish on your favorite dish.
It’s so convenient to have pre-shredded cheese in bags on hand, but it’s also convenient to grate fresh cheese, and you can easily do this in the Cuisinart food processor.
And here is a tip: Grate your hard cheeses like Parmesan or Pecorino Romano rather than shredding them because when shredded with the shredding disc, hard cheeses tend to clump.
If you want to be sure of perfect fine strands every time, freeze your block of cheese for an hour or two before grating.
Here is a video showing how easy it is…
What Do Customers Say About The Cuisinart Cheese Grating Capabilities?
The proof is in the pudding (or should I say in the cheese grating) with many customers raving about how easy it is to grate entire blocks of cheese with the Cuisinart. They say not only is it easy it is fast as well…
Grating cheese? Well, I prefer an old-fashioned box grater, but if you’re tired of washing that ol’ beast, absolutely, go for one of these! There’s just so many wonderful things you can do with this gorgeous machine; and it’s outrageously simple to handle.
- The grating disk allows me to grate through 4 blocks of cheese in under a minute.
- Chopping veggies, grating cheese, slicing potatoes, it’s all a breeze.
- It’s a time saver and much easier than grating and slicing with your hands.
- It is the greatest time saver for quickly grating cheese, slicing potatoes, and making mayonnaise, among many other things.
- I’ve used it to grate cheese and carrots.
- Love it, easy to use. I have grated cheese, sliced veggies, and made some delicious garlic sauce!
- A very efficient machine. I’ve used it to mix pizza dough, slice vegetables, and grated cheese.
- I’ve also mixed cookie dough, cake batter, made coleslaw and hummus, grated cheese, and a bunch of stuff I didn’t even think to attempt with a food processor.
- Grates cheese well too. Made the fondue cheese in a minute.
- You can grate an entire block of cheddar or slice a whole head of cabbage for coleslaw in about 30 seconds.
- It can handle grating harder cheeses with no problem.
- Whether I’m making hummus or grating cheese, this thing does it perfectly.
- Works great. Very versatile, I use it to grate cheese and slicing vegetables, etc.
- I love grating cheese with this thing. It’s SO fast! I buy cheese by the block just to grate it (and eat it too, obviously, because it’s cheese).
In summary, if you thought that the Cuisinart food processor line was just all about chopping and slicing, think again. The Cuisinart food processor line has more functionality than that.
The food processor enables you to complete prep work in stages and is ideal for grating and slicing hard cheeses for pizza, bread, or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Open the top of the food processor cover and insert the chute fitting. Place the desired cup on the chute fitting of the cover then place the bowl inside of it and use it to grind various types of cheese into a fine consistency.
Besides slicing and dicing, the food processor can also grate cheese, whip cream, grate nuts, and even shred meat, bread, and vegetables.
You may also be interested in… Can You Use A Cuisinart Food Processor To Make Smoothies? and Can You Cook Frozen Burgers On Cuisinart Griddler? (Quick & Easy)