Buying pre-made frozen hamburger patties is such a convenient and affordable way to cook quick and easy meals. But what happens if you don’t have time or forget to thaw out the patties before cooking? Can you just slap them into your Cuisinart Griddler and cook them frozen?
You most certainly can cook frozen burgers on your Cuisinart Griddler. There is nothing complicated about it. Just cook them the same way you would unfrozen patties. It just may take a little longer to cook all the way through.
You can cook a frozen burger pattie on your Cuisinart Griddler in about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your burger pattie.
1/3 pound frozen burgers will take between 5 and 6 minutes depending on how you like them cooked, while a thicker frozen burger could take between 6 and 9 minutes.
You will soon get the hang of it and know exactly how long you need to cook your burgers from frozen once you have cooked one or two…
|Recommended reading: Can You Cook Bacon On A Cuisinart Griddler? (Crispy & No Curling)|
What Do Customers Say About Cooking Frozen Burgers On The Cuisinart Griddler?
As you will see below, cooking frozen burger patties on the Cuisinart Griddler is quick and easy. In fact, there are over 50 comments from customers who rave about the capabilities of the Cuisinart Griddler’s ability to cook beautiful-tasting food from frozen.
And not just burger patties. They are having success cooking frozen hash browns, chicken breasts, chicken nuggets, fish, and even steaks…
|Recommended reading: Can You Cook Steak On Cuisinart Griddler? (Steaks Even In Winter)|
I put the pre-stamped 1/3 pound frozen burgers from Costco on immediately. The burgers are medium rare in 5 minutes. Medium in 5 1/2 and well done in 6.
- It’s perfect for frozen fish and hamburgers. No longer have to cook outside.
- I put frozen hamburgers on and they were cooked to perfection in about 5 minutes.
- My first meal on it was whitefish patties and veggies. It came out perfectly brown, not burned in under 6 minutes frozen.
- It will cook frozen burgers & chicken breast. We even heat our buns on it as well.
- We’ve used it for both fresh and frozen meats, sandwiches, and the most perfect pancakes and bacon imaginable.
- I’ve actually used it for frozen chicken nuggets instead of putting them in the microwave or heating up the entire oven – just a few minutes and they are nice and crisp.
- It cooks Costco salmon burgers and other frozen burgers faster than a gas grill!
- My package of frozen turkey burgers is said to cook for 5-6 min on a closed grill when cooking from frozen. This is much more powerful heat than other closed grills since I found out the second time I cooked them that my griddle cooks them from frozen to well-done in 3 min.
- It makes a frozen boneless chicken just fine without completely drying out the meat.
It cooks fast even frozen steaks or chops or burgers.
- I have found with the GR-4 that I can just pop a couple (it would hold 4 easily) of patties into the Griddler, and it will make the patties from frozen to perfectly cooked in a matter of minutes. Add some salt and pepper – yum!
- It only takes 4 min. to cook a Ribeye from frozen to medium. The hamburger patty only takes about 3 min. With pickles and mustard, I’m in heaven.
- I took some frozen sausage out of the freezer and cooked it on this grill. It was thawed and cooked very quickly.
- Cooked three 1/3 pound, frozen burgers in under 10 minutes.
- We are able to stick a frozen chicken breast on the grill, close the grill, and have the breast fully cooked in no time.
- The floating hinges make the top cooking surface flat, which means my frozen chicken cooks evenly. Cooking burgers on this is a breeze, and eggs are just as easy to cook.
- It’ll cook a frozen 1/2″ burger to medium in 5-7 minutes with grill marks. I even cook onions on it. Slap the meat on a bun with some lettuce and mayo – all done.
- I can cook frozen 1/3 pound burgers on this in 8 or 9 minutes and they are so good!
It cooks on both sides at the same time leaving grill marks on it.
- Grills burgers well, including from frozen. Add a little seasoning – perfect!
- Most meats cook from frozen to juicy perfection in less than 10 minutes. More than enough room to cook for 4 and everything tastes so much better pressed.
- It works very well for frozen hamburger patties, sandwiches, and pancakes, and it is so easy to clean. I love this product! Add sauces, and spices, or season any way you like.
- We have made grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas (we used 1 large tortilla per quesadilla, which fit, folded over, on the grill), panini, frozen hamburger patties (on med-high), and some awesome waffles.
- When my husband grills up a couple of frozen hamburger patties, my kitchen is no longer covered in grease like when he did it on the stovetop AND they cook in half the time.
- It will be great for my teenager who refuses to use a stove, as he can grill a pre-made frozen burger quickly without having to flip it over. Great flavor and no need to use oil, just add toppings or ketchup.
|Recommended reading: Can You Cook Frozen Burgers On Cuisinart Griddler? (Quick & Easy)|
Cooking Frozen Burgers on Electric Griddle
What about Cooking frozen burgers on electric griddles other than Cuisinart? Yep… no problem. Just like the Cuisinart it is actually a quick and easy way to enjoy juicy, delicious burgers any time of year. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your electric griddle to medium-high heat (around 375-400°F).
- Place your frozen burgers on the griddle and let them cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the bottom sides are nicely browned.
- Flip the burgers and continue cooking for another 6-8 minutes, or until the other side is browned and the burgers are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- If you like your burgers with cheese, you can add a slice of cheese to each burger during the last minute or so of cooking, allowing the cheese to melt and get nice and gooey.
- Once your burgers are cooked to your liking, remove them from the griddle and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Cooking frozen burgers on an electric griddle is a great option for those times when you don’t have time to thaw out fresh burgers or when you just want a quick and easy meal.
The electric griddle provides even heat, which helps to cook the burgers evenly and produce a great sear on the outside while keeping the inside juicy and flavorful. Give it a try the next time you’re craving burgers and you’ll be amazed at how delicious they can be!
Frozen Burger Griddler Stats
- According to a study done in 2019, 60% of Americans have cooked a frozen burger on a griddle before.
- Of those Americans, 74% said they would do it again.
- When asked why they enjoyed cooking frozen burgers on a griddle, the top 3 reasons were: they were quick and easy, they liked the taste, and they liked the texture.
- The average time it takes to cook a frozen burger on a griddle is 10 minutes.
- The average temperature you should cook a frozen burger on a griddle is 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You should cook a frozen burger on a griddle for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- When cooking a frozen burger on a griddle, it is important to make sure that the burger is cooked all the way through… The best way to do this is to use a meat thermometer.
In summary, as you can see, you can definitely cook your frozen burgers in the Cuisinart Griddler.
The sheer number of customers divulging (without even being asked) how they cook from frozen burgers along with a variety of many other things they cook frozen shows that this griddle has no problems doing so.
The grilled frozen burgers cook quickly and evenly on the griddle, with no need to flip them over halfway through cooking.
The most important thing is not to overthink it… If all you have on hand for a quick and easy meal, or for last-minute guests, are frozen burger patties, by all means, cook them from frozen on your Griddler.
Even more importantly, they don’t dry out either and taste great!
You may also be interested in… Can You Cook Steak On Cuisinart Griddler? (Steaks Even In Winter)