Buying pre-made frozen hamburger patties is such a convenient and affordable way to cook quick and easy meals. But what happens if you don’t have time or forget to thaw out the patties before cooking? Can you just slap them into your Cuisinart Griddler and cook them frozen?
You most certainly can cook frozen burgers on your Cuisinart griddler. There is nothing complicated about it just cook them the same way as you would unfrozen patties. It just may take a little longer to cook all the way through.
You can cook a frozen burger pattie on your Cuisinart Griddler in about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of your burger pattie. 1/3 pound frozen burgers will take between 5 and 6 minutes depending on how you like them cooked, while a thicker frozen burger could take between 6 and 9 minutes.
You will soon get the hang of it and know exactly how long you need to cook your burgers from frozen once you have cooked one or two…
What Do Customers Say About Cooking Frozen Burgers On The Cuisinart Griddler?
As you will see below cooking frozen burger patties on the Cuisinart Griddler is quick and easy. In fact, there are over 50 comments from customers who rave about the capabilities of the Cuisinart Griddler to cook beautiful tasting food from frozen.
And not just burger patties. They are having success cooking frozen hashbrowns, chick breasts, chick nuggets, fish, and even steaks…
I put the pre-stamped 1/3 pound frozen burgers from Costco on immediately. The burgers are medium rare in 5 minutes. Medium in 5 1/2 and well done in 6.
- It’s perfect for frozen fish and hamburgers.
- I put frozen hamburgers on and they were cooked to perfection in about 5 minutes.
- My first meal on it was whitefish patties and veggies. Came out perfectly brown not burned in under 6 minutes frozen.
- It will cook frozen burgers & chicken breast.
- We’ve used it for both fresh and frozen meats, sandwiches, and the most perfect pancakes and bacon imaginable.
- I’ve actually used it for frozen chicken nuggets instead of putting them in the microwave or heating up the entire oven – just a few minutes and they are nice and crisp.
- It cooks Costco salmon burgers and other frozen burgers faster than a gas grill!
- My package of frozen turkey burgers said to cook for 5-6 min in a closed grill when cooking from frozen. This is much more powerful than other closed grills since I found out the second time I cooked them that my griddle cooks them from frozen to well done in 3 min.
- It does a frozen boneless, chicken just fine and without completely drying out the meat.
- Cooks food fast even frozen steaks or chops or burgers.
Hamburgers. This was simply outstanding. I took 3 frozen hamburgers (1/3 lb sirloin) out of the freezer, put on some spices, warmed the device up to 350, put the burgers on, and closed the lid. Eight minutes later the hamburgers were done, jucy, and very tasty.
- I have found with the GR-4 that I can just pop a couple (it would hold 4 easily) of patties into the Griddler, and it will take the patties from frozen to perfectly cooked in a matter of minutes.
- It only takes 4 min. to cook a Ribeye from frozen to medium. The hamburger patty only takes about 3 min.
- I took some frozen sausage out of the freezer and cooked it on this grill. It was thawed and cooked very quickly.
- Cooked three 1/3 pound, frozen burgers in under 10 minutes.
- We are able to stick a frozen chicken breast on the grill, close the grill, and have the breast fully cooked in no time.
- The floating hinges make the top cooking surface flat which means my frozen chicken cooks evenly. Cooking burgers on this is a breeze, and eggs are just as easy to cook.
- It’ll cook a frozen 1/2″ burger to medium in 5-7 minutes with grill marks.
- I can cook frozen 1/3 pound burgers on this in 8 or 9 minutes and they are so good! It cooks on both sides at the same time leaving the grill marks on it.
Outstanding. Simply outstanding. It also does a great job on frozen hamburger patties (Bubba Burgers are great), hot dogs, and grilled sandwiches.
- Grills burgers well, including from frozen.
- Most meats cook from frozen to juicy perfection in less than 10 minutes. More than enough room to cook for 4 and everything tastes so much better pressed.
- It works very well for frozen hamburger patties, sandwiches, pancakes, and it is so easy to clean. I love this product!
- We have made grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas (we used 1 large tortilla per quesadilla, which fit, folded over, on the grill), panini, frozen hamburger patties (on med-high), and some awesome waffles.
- When my husband grills up a couple of frozen hamburger patties, my kitchen is no longer covered in grease like when he did it on the stovetop AND they cook in half the time.
- Will be great for my teenager who refuses to use a stove; as he can grill a pre-made frozen burger quickly without having to flip it over.
In summary, as you can see you can definitely cook your frozen burgers in the Cuisinart Griddler.
The sheer number of customers divulging (without even being asked) how they cook from frozen burgers along with a variety of many other things they cook frozen shows that this griddle has no problems doing so.
The most important thing is to not overthink it. If all you have on hand for a quick and easy meal, or last-minute guests, are frozen burger patties by all means cook them from frozen on your Griddler.
Even more importantly they don’t dry out either and taste great!
You may also be interested in… 7 Reasons Why The Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler Is An Awesome Cooker and Can You Cook Steak On Cuisinart Griddler? (Steaks Even In Winter)