Cooking with a Blackstone Griddle is one of the easiest things you will ever do on a barbecue. There are no hot spots, and nothing sticks to the surface.
Add to that the fact that you can literally cook just about anything on a Blackstone; we have cooked pancakes, bacon, chicken, and steak on ours.
The question for today is, can you use butter on the Blackstone Griddle?
Of course, you can use butter on a Blackstone Griddle and you can use it to enhance the flavor of your food in a wide variety of ways which we will look at below.
However, you do need to be mindful if you just want to use butter for nonstick purposes that butter burns very quickly and you are better off using cooking oil for that.
|Recommended reading: Is Blackstone A Good Brand? (Outdoor Grills And Griddles)|
Great Ways To Cook With Butter On A Griddle
To experience the flavor and versatility of butter in a whole new way, cook it on an iron griddle.
Whether you are just cooking a few burgers at your next barbecue or making a family-style breakfast, the cast iron griddle is perfect for intense, even heat distribution and superior retention of flavors.
- If using butter, remember it burns quickly so place what you are cooking on it immediately.
- Sizzle butter to create a warm accompaniment to fresh bread, or grill meat and vegetables for an intense smoky taste that will fill your kitchen.
- Melt the butter on your griddle by placing it in a pot, skillet, or pan.
- You can dip breads, meats, and all sorts of things in it before cooking or drizzle it over the top while cooking.
- In fact, the idea is so wonderful that companies have invented butter wheels for this very purpose…
See a butter wheel in action…
|Recommended reading: Can You Use A Knife On A Blackstone Griddle? A Surprising Answer|
What Is A Butter Wheel?
A Butter Wheel is a combination of the best features of a butter dish, knife rest, and butter spreader. It is the perfect kitchen accessory for cooks who eat lots of bread!
By placing a small amount of softened butter in the center of the Butter Wheel, you can easily spread it over a piece of toast or sandwich.
The clever butter wheel doubles as a butter holder and you can just stick it in the oven or on top of a hot griddle and the butter will slowly melt.
Butter can be soft, messy, and ugly. Butter Wheels eliminate those problems. Use a butter wheel to easily form or flatten your butter without it sticking to the wrapper.
Work with softened or hard butter and never worry about leaving smears or fingerprints on your cooking surface.
|Recommended reading: Can You Use Aluminum Foil On A Blackstone Griddle? (Good Reasons)|
Will Butter Stop My Food From Sticking To The Griddle?
Are you tired of making pancakes that stick to the griddle? Have you tried everything from spraying your griddle with oil to using a special non-stick griddle?
Have you considered using butter? If you have, you may think that butter will just cook off, leaving you with pancakes that stick to the griddle.
In reality, butter is a fine cooking fat, and it can help you make pancakes that will slide right off your griddle, resulting in perfectly round, fluffy pancakes that are sure to please.
Butter can stop your food from sticking to the griddle when used the right way. It is great for pancakes, eggs, bacon, and much more! However, cooking oil is usually the preferred choice, and even better is a mix of both.
Here is an example of what I’m talking about…
|Recommended reading: Can You Use A Cast Iron Skillet On A Blackstone Griddle?|
Can You Use Liquid Butter On A Griddle?
You most certainly can use liquid butter on your griddle and in fact, it is better than normal butter because it can withstand higher temperatures without burning.
What is liquid butter?
Liquid butter is also known as clarified butter or liquid gold. It is easy to make clarified butter simply by slowly heating butter until it is separated. The water will foam to the top and the milk solids will sink to the bottom.
Simply scoop off the top layer and pour the pure liquid gold slowly into a container or a bottle being careful to leave the white milk solids at the bottom of the pan.
The result is liquid butter. Since there are no water or milk solids in liquid butter, it can withstand much higher temperatures than traditional butter. This means you can use liquid butter just like olive oil at very high temperatures without worrying about burning it.
LiquidButter is pure, clarified butterfat! This means that it’s solid at room temperature, and like olive oil, it won’t burn when you cook.
And it is great for using on your Blackstone griddle.
Watch this video to see how easy it is…
|Recommended reading: Can You Store A Blackstone Griddle Outside?|
Some Warnings About Using Butter On Your Griddle
- Butter can be used on a Blackstone Griddle, but it should be used sparingly and with caution.
- Butter can be used to grease the griddle before cooking, but it is not recommended for cooking food directly.
- Butter should be used sparingly on the griddle to avoid flare-ups and burning.
- Butter should be melted before being applied to the griddle.
- Butter can be used to enhance the flavor of food cooked on the griddle, but it should be added after the food has been cooked.
- Butter should be added in small amounts to prevent it from burning.
- Butter should be melted in a separate pan, then added to the griddle.
- Butter should not be used to cook food directly on the griddle, as it can cause flare-ups.
- Butter should not be used to cook food at high temperatures, as it can burn easily.
Blackstone Griddle Statistics
- Butter has a smoke point of 350°F, while the Blackstone Griddle can reach temperatures of up to 600°F, making it an unsuitable cooking fat for the griddle.
- According to the Blackstone Griddle Manual, the recommended cooking fats are vegetable oil, canola oil, and avocado oil.
- According to the Blackstone Griddle Manual, the griddle should be preheated to 500°F for 15 minutes before use.
- According to a survey of Blackstone Griddle owners, 95% of respondents said they use vegetable oil as their primary cooking fat.
- According to a survey of Blackstone Griddle owners, 75% of respondents said they use canola oil as their secondary cooking fat.
- According to a survey of Blackstone Griddle owners, 5% of respondents said they use butter as their primary cooking fat.
In summary, when asking questions about your griddle such as whether or not you can use butter, remember that it is basically an oversize cast-iron skillet.
How do you use your skillet and what can you use in your skillet?
Well… it’s the same answer for your Blackstone griddle. Whatever you can do in your skillet, you can do on your griddle, but in larger quantities.
The secret to cooking with butter is getting the temperature of your griddle right for what you are cooking. You will have noticed in the videos that some of the burners are off and you don’t want them to sizzle hot when cooking certain things.
Whereas for other items, you might want to have your griddle very hot. So it is just a simple case of practice and experience.
And it is certainly worth your while learning because let’s face it. EVERYTHING tastes better with butter.
You may also be interested in… Is Blackstone A Good Brand For Outdoor Grills And Griddles and Can You Use A Knife On A Blackstone Griddle? A Surprising Answer