With a durable enamel-coated metal finish, the NESCO Roaster Oven provides an excellent source of slow-cooking, baking, and roasting for you. Perfect for poultry, roasts, turkey breasts, and more. You’ll find lots of flavors and juicy results!
This multi-functional roaster oven combines speedy convection cooking with baking, roasting, and slow cooking. You can cook a variety of foods for your family using just one oven.
So… you most certainly can slow cook in the Nesco Roaster and most people prefer the Nesco because it provides you with way much more versatility than a slow cooker.
This food roaster gives you a variety of options to prepare great-tasting food for you and your family.
|Recommended reading: Can You Use A Cooking Bag In A Nesco?|
What Do Customers Say About Slow Cooking In The Nesco Roaster?
After having this, you will never use your slow cooker again, what for? This one can be a slow cooker or a regular oven.
|Recommended reading: Can You Make Lasagna In A Nesco Roaster? (Is It Easy To Do?)|
- Slow cookers cook at too high temperatures anymore, even on low. This is the perfect solution because you can cook on really low temps, somewhere around 125 to 150, all the way up to 450, or anywhere along the way.
- I love this slow cooker!!
- Every other slow cooker I have owned, regardless of brand, would make the food either too cold or lava hot – no middle ground. This is the best single pot you could get.
- This Cooker does what it is supposed to do; Slow Cook.
- What a great slow cooker.
- Best slow cooker ever.
- We use it as a slow cooker, but also for roasting pot roasts, turkey breasts, making soups, and our favorite chile Verde recipe.
- I have used the slow cook function. I have put my crockpot away because this does a better job.
- Finally, a slow cooker that doesn’t boil on the low setting because you can control the temperature.
- Browns meat then slows cooks it. With the temp control, I can speed cooking up or slow down.
- Love Nesco! This is perfect for all my cooking needs! Awesome slow cooker. Awesome roaster!
- It’s my favorite cooking appliance and works a lot better than any slow cooker on the market.
- Don’t settle for a crockpot or slow cooker. This is the only way to go. Gives you so many more options than warm, low, or high.
- Have mostly used it on the slow cooker function primarily for pot roasts. It does a much better job than my crockpot.
- This not only roasts it’s a fantastic slow cooker for soups & stews. I can’t live without it!
- Since this appliance can also function as a large slow cooker, I can now get rid of that bulky slow cooker that has been taking up precious space in my tiny kitchen.
- I like the flexibility of the temperature range. Use as a slow cooker or a roaster.
- But what sets it apart is its versatility. You can cook from 150 to 400 degrees which separates it from a traditional slow cooker.
- I like that I can start my meal in a slow cooker and then turn up the temp if I need to get it done quicker.
- Old School, works great as a slow cooker or faster cooker!
- We have used this product both as an oven and as a slow cooker.
- Works very well as a slow cooker but can do so much more.
|Recommended reading: Can You Bake In A Nesco Roaster? Can Nesco Do What My Oven Can Do|
What Is The Difference Between A Roaster And A Slow Cooker?
Many people are not familiar with the differences between a roaster and a slow cooker. They can be used to cook similar foods, but they are not the same.
The main difference between a slow cooker and a roaster is that a slow cooker is a sealed unit, while a roaster is not sealed and allows for evaporation of moisture and the reduction of cooking time.
A roaster is like a slow cooker in that it is designed to cook food for long periods of time. It will make meat extra-juicy and tender, infuse flavors, and help you create delicious meals.
However, a roaster has a heating element that makes it possible for you to roast your food quickly instead of slow cooking it for hours on end.
A roaster is just like a slow cooker except it is more suitable for cooking and keeping moist. A roaster simply has more features.
|Recommended reading: Can You Cook A Turkey In A Nesco Roaster? (You Better Believe It)|
In summary, Nesco America’s Roaster Oven provides a convenient way to prepare meals with little fuss. These appliances are ideal for people who are short on time but want to enjoy homemade meals that taste like they were slow-cooked all day in a traditional oven.
These ovens are versatile and can cook a wide variety of foods including meats, desserts, and casseroles.
The NESCO Roaster Oven is a very versatile piece of kitchen equipment. You can use it as a reliable roaster, baker, steamer, or slow cooker.
To top it all off, the Roaster Oven will also bake bread and pizza with a true artisan quality crust.
The Roaster Oven produces absolutely no smoke or odors when cooking on the stovetop and only uses one-fourth of the electricity of conventional ovens.