The Nesco is a very user-friendly roaster that is perfect for the novice, or the one who does not want to give up oven space. From reheating pizza to baking a ham or roast, it will do it all.
You most certainly can bake in a Nesco Roaster. In fact, you can do anything in the Nesco that you would do in a normal oven except broiling.
The Nesco even has an easy baking setting for you to use. Along with manual temperature options, slow cook, cook, roast, and steam options as well.
What Do Customers Say About Baking In The Nesco Roaster?
Some of the things people have baked in the Nesco include ham, chicken, cakes, pies, lasagna, potatoes, bread, scones, and even clay.
Other advantages include not heating up your kitchen as a conventional oven would do. Or even using the Nesco to cook other things and free up baking room in your conventional oven.
You can use it for anything from roasting to bread baking, to slow cooking, to most anything that suits your fancy.
- I bake pies in this and they cook to perfection.
- I’ve also used the unit for a large lasagna bake, and there were no complaints from guests!
- Great in the summer for items I want to bake without heating up the house.
- I am using it instead of a toaster oven for polymer clay baking, and am finding this bake at the correct temp more than a toaster oven.
- Great because you don’t have to heat your house by baking in an oven.
- I baked a whole ham on low all night with pineapple juice and everybody raved about how good it was.
- It doesn’t heat up anything but the food, my kitchen is not hot like when I use my oven it can heat up the whole dang house sometimes just for a baked potato.
- I use it for everything from roasting meat to baking turkey burgers for lunch to heating frozen Pizza to baking cakes, pies, and bread.
- This one took the place of a broken oven, and it does everything an oven would, including baking brownies.
- I especially like my baked potatoes cooked in it, 1 hour and they’re perfect.
- Used this Christmas to bake a whole ham was delicious, no basting.
- I’ve also baked scones in it and they turned out great.
- Baked a cake and the result was nice and brown on top as it should be and moist on the inside.
Can You Bake Cookies In Your Nesco Roaster?
Yes! You can cook any recipe that calls for cookies in a roaster. Roasters are big enough to handle all cookie recipes.
The one-piece cast aluminum construction of the roaster distributes heat evenly for consistent baking results. And, unlike the oven, you can monitor your roaster cookies from the front door!
In fact, Nesco themselves even have an easy to follow cookie recipe posted on their website:
|Brown Butter Sugar Cookies:||
This a new twist on a Christmas Cookie. You can read the recipe here: https://www.nesco.com/recipe/brown-butter-sugar-cookies/
Want To Bake Potatoes In A Roaster Oven?
The actual process of cooking the baked potatoes in a Nesco roaster is quite simple. Just place the desired quantity of raw potatoes inside the roaster and then place it inside your oven set to preheat at 400 degrees F.
Bake them until they are thoroughly cooked on the inside and crunchy on the outside, which should take about 60 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Alternatively, you can also wrap your potatoes in foil. It works with and without foil – but the option is there if you prefer it.
Here is how easy it is to do:
Nesco themselves even have an easy to follow cookie recipe posted on their website:
Nesco has simple instructions for baking potatoes here: https://www.nesco.com/recipe/roasted-potatoes-6qt-roaster/
Baked potatoes are a perfect food to cook in your roaster; they come out nice and tender on the inside but “crusty” on the outside. You can use red potatoes, white potatoes, or sweet potatoes.
How Can An Oven Roaster Be Good At Baking?
A roaster oven is good at baking because it can bake any food that you want to bake.
- For example, it can bake chicken, fish, vegetables, and several more things. It can bake a roast and you can put as much or little spices on it you want.
- It can bake a cake very fast. It can bake a cake in only 25 minutes and it will be moist.
- It can bake cookies and brownies.
- The roaster’s ability to retain the heat is what makes baking in it so successful.
This is because it provides an environment that traps the radiated heat from the walls of the oven so that it stays at a steady temperature for long periods of time.
It also provides even heat across all areas, great for cooking casseroles and other types of food which need to stay moist.
A roaster oven is great for providing moist heat, necessary for baking.
Further reading: Is Dockers A Good Brand? (Quality Men’s Shoes, Pants, & Shirts), Best Shower Chairs After Knee Surgery (Top 5 Proven Performers), and Can You Make Hamburgers In The Gourmia Air Fryer? (Juicy Burgers)
In summary, a roaster oven is good for baking because it bakes more evenly and uses less energy than a conventional oven. It will roast, bake, broil, toast, and heat.
Depending on how you plan to use your roaster oven, it can also prove useful for baking a variety of foods. Roaster ovens come with racks that provide space for food to cook.
They also have temperature controls so the food is not overcooked if it has reached the right level of done-ness. The texture and moisture of foods are better kept in a roaster oven since the size prevents heat from seeping out.
You may also be interested in… Is Nesco A Good Brand (Best Food Dehydrator & Electric Skillets) and Can You Make Lasagna In A Nesco Roaster? (Is It Easy To Do?)