Yes, with a Nesco oven roaster, you can easily cook your Thanksgiving turkey. The Nesco roaster oven is a counter-top electric roaster that is perfect for cooking poultry, meat, and fish to perfection.
Want your turkey to be tender and juicy? It’s easy with the Nesco Roaster. The roaster cooks the bird from the inside out, browning the meat while cooking the meat to perfection.
Simply place the food you wish to roast inside the roaster’s cooking chamber, add a few potatoes or other vegetables or fruit, and set the timer.
As your food cooks, it will not only taste amazing but it will retain all its moisture as well.
Even though it’s so easy to use you’ll find how easy it is to get professional results even without any experience in the kitchen.
The Nesco roaster is a small, portable electric cooker that allows you to place a turkey on its rack and cook it indoors. This method is a great alternative to the traditional methods of cooking a turkey, such as boiling it or frying it.
And what is so impressive is how many customers talk about successfully cooking a turkey in the Nesco. So let’s take a look at what they have to say…
What Do Customers Say About Cooking Turkey In The Nesco Roaster?
I used this roaster on Thanksgiving and it was big enough to hold our 22 lb turkey easily and not touch any sides of it. Cooked perfectly through and through.
- The unit has fit anywhere from a small 12lb. turkey up to a 22 lb. turkey with.
- Perfect for large gatherings or Thanksgiving if you only have one oven. Our large turkey did very well and was super moist.
- I always cook my Thanksgiving turkey in a Nesco cooker.
- Great little oven. I did a turkey breast Christmas and it came out so tender and was falling off the bone.
- The 6 quart holds a 6-8 lb turkey breast with ease, not to mention a huge chicken.
- This is a great little cooker. I cooked a ten-pound turkey breast in it at Thanksgiving.
- Great for turkeys, roasts, big batches of dishes such as potatoes.
- Love this cutie – the 18 quarts roasted a 23lb turkey.
- I used this to cook an 18 lbs. turkey this year for Thanksgiving. Everything turned out perfectly moist and cooked through.
- The easiest way to cook a meal. The best turkey, like, EVER.
- Works great! My turkey came out great and it frees up my oven.
- Great product. My turkeys are usually 22-23 pounders. They fit perfectly and cook juicy and tender.
- Cooked a 22lb Turkey in 3 hours. Amazing!
- Thanksgiving turkey was the best yet!
- I’ve cooked two turkeys this season, and both were great for family-style meals and leftovers.
- The turkey we cooked was the best ever! Highly recommend this roaster!!!
- Have one and use it mostly for turkeys. Turkeys cook faster than my oven and come out juicier. Great as an extra oven.
- Made a turkey in it for Thanksgiving (22 pounds) and the meat was very moist and literally fell off the bone.
- Large turkeys cook in a matter of 2-3 hours to juicy perfection.
- The turkey cooked moist and perfectly on my counter, and it was so easy to baste and lift since it was on the counter–also my oven was free for everything else.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Turkey In A Nesco Roaster?
When roasting a turkey, most recipes recommend using a cooking time of 15 to 20 minutes per pound.
When you start with a stuffed turkey, however, cooking time increases because the additional stuffing adds weight to the turkey. (That 15- to 20-minute range converts to 30 to 45 minutes in the case of a stuffed turkey.)
To compensate, you will need to raise the oven temperature by 25 to 50 degrees for a stuffed turkey.
You can cook the turkey for the first hour at 400 degrees and then back the temperature back to 350 degrees until it’s finished.
Do You Have To Put Water In The Bottom Of A Nesco Roaster?
No. You do not need to use water in the bottom of the roaster. The Nesco is designed in a clever way with the heating elements built into the side.
The roaster features moisture-trapping cooking to keep the meat juicy and flavorful, even when the outside is becoming crispy. So there is no need to add water because Nesco uses the natural juices of the turkey to keep it moist.
The Nesco roaster’s simple design is one of the reasons many people like it since it makes cooking straightforward and easy.
In summary, Nesco’s countertop roaster easily replaces the oven for fast roasting performance. Its compact size is spacious enough to provide room for a turkey, yet small enough to fit on most countertops.
The Nesco roaster is a great tool for any kitchen. Whether you are trying to cook a turkey or prepare a whole chicken the Nesco roaster will take care of all your needs.
The Nesco roaster will cook your meal in a faster amount of time than using your oven or stove. Just place the full chicken into the roaster and turn it on.
Let the chicken cook for a set amount of time and it will be ready for you and your family.
You may also be interested in… Is Nesco A Good Brand (Best Food Dehydrator & Electric Skillets) and Can You Bake In A Nesco Roaster?