Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Crocs footwear is water-friendly and can be worn outside in the rain or while doing water-related activities like washing dishes, gardening, or fishing (without rocks, sandals would be more appropriate).
Can Crocs get wet, you ask? Absolutely. While Crocs are not specifically designed to be a water show they do float and can withstand submersion with no ill effects. So go ahead and take your Croc in the bath or out in the rain—it can handle it.
Crocs are made from a patented closed-cell resin called Croslite, which is designed to keep air bubbles inside the material. These air bubbles make Crocs lightweight, quick-drying, super comfortable, and very durable…
What Do Owners Of Crocs Say About How They Handle Getting Wet?
Crocs were a big hit when first invented. However, they still face the criticism that it is “weird” to wear shoes with holes in them. Now let’s look at what crocs are.
Crocs are slip-resistant, Bacteria resistant can be washed in the washing machine, come in different colors and designs and last longer than most other shoes out there.
Although crocs don’t hold your foot shape as well as other shoes and take some time to break in, these benefits make them worth having…
I needed some comfy shoes to wear around the house and to the lake for boating/other activities where I could get my shoes wet and not sweat it.
- They also don’t stay wet long at all. I had to go out in the pouring rain and they were dry by the time I walked through my house.
- Great for walking in wet grass believe it or not.
- They dry quickly if they get wet.
- We bought them to wear when we work in the yard so we don’t have to worry if they get dirty or wet.
- Crocs are comfortable, breathable, and dry quickly when they get wet.
- Convenient for wet yard wear.
- I got the Crocs to use for morning outings with our dog. Perfect for wet grass.
- Can wear in camp, keep outside tent for midnight port-a-potty trips. Don’t have to worry about getting wet.
- Nice shoes to wear outside when it is damp or wet.
- Great for the spring wet weather!
I bought these specifically to take the dog out since I’m not about to walk around in wet grass in any of my other shoes. But I’m finding these are just great house shoes in general.
- Can’t ever go wrong with crocs. Comfortable and can get wet and not get ruined awesome.
- Quick shoe, stands up to shower, pool, or wet lawn. Easy to clean.
- The fit is as expected and I love the traction sole which gives me great stability on wet/muddy surfaces.
- Perfect for getting wet and gardening in.
- Use for walking Dog in wet grass. Impervious to water.
- Easy to clean and work exactly as needed whether the weather is dry or wet.
- Great for the summer even in wet weather.
- I use these for short little trips, driving, and anywhere my feet will get wet.
- Perfect for what I wanted. For gardening when the ground is wet.
What Do Owners Of Crocs Say About How They Handle Water?
Absolutely! You can wear your Crocs in the water and also in the shower, bathtub or sea. Heaps of fun for kids and adults alike!
If you can wear shoes in the water then yes, Crocs can be worn in the water. The footbed in Crocs footwear is made from Croslite™ material …which is closed cell and doesn’t absorb liquids.
Whether you’re boating, fishing or relaxing poolside, Crocs are a lot of fun in the water. Crocs also float so don’t let your Crocs getaway.
They make perfect wading shoes offering as they soak up zero water, are durable and easy to clean and offer really good protection for your feet when compared to sandles and thin soled “water shoes” .
- These Crocs will last so many years, be comfy and go thru mud, water, crud, or whatever just fine….easy to clean for sure.
- Great for wearing in the water, great and comfortable to walk in for ALL seasons!
- Not sure why people hate on these things – they’re comfy, waterproof, they slip right on… already got them dirty, they rinse right off.
- I started using my crocs as water shoes on accident, on that day I discovered that my crocs were wildly better water shoes than my actual dedicated water shoes.
- I use mine for any water outings. Especially great for want butts like me who are afraid of stepping on anything in the lake or ocean.
- Easy to clean with a water hose.
- Wore them kayaking and they obviously work well in water. They dried really fast after getting out of the water.
- I love Crocs – wear them all the time – have them in the garage, on the front porch, at every door – so easy to spray off w/ water & they are clean.
- They’re the perfect shoes to wear to an amusement park or water park.
- They allow your feet to breathe and are great underwater or anywhere you choose to go.
Crocs dry very quickly because they don’t absorb water as many neoprene water shoes do. This is important to me because I go five times a week to aqua-aerobics exercise programs and I need the shoes to dry before my next session.
- It allows each foot to breathe. Should be great for the beach or any other water activity.
- I’ve worn them to the water, parks, hiking, camping, wading in the river. Held up great everywhere.
- Perfect footwear around the house, going to store, camping, the beach even water parks.
- Wear them when I work around water.
- They are comfortable, easy to clean. Water and mud proof.
- Good for gardening the beach for walking in the water. Easy to step in and go.
- Very cute and comfortable for casual wear or activities near water.
- I love these I wear them every day definitely the best house/boat shoes I’ve ever had spray them off with the water hose.
- They are great when you are outside doing yard work, especially when you are watering plants. These shoes fit great and provide good support when you are outdoors.
- They can be rinsed off and all the water will drain right out and they also allow your feet to breathe a lot easier.
Can Crocs Be Washed?
Yes, Crocs can be washed. They can go into your washing machine on a cold, gentle cycle. Pair it with a mild detergent and follow this with a clean water rinse and air dry.
If you want to keep it simple, just use hot water and dish soap. If your shoe is extra dirty, you can sprinkle on baking soda or toss in some lavender or vinegar—both are natural deodorizers that will help cut through the stank.
But if you’re worried about the color leaching out, use cold water instead of hot, because hot water tends to set stains rather than washing them away
They hold up well and are easy to clean. I just run them under water and use a sponge to clean the bottoms and also throw them in the wash to deep clean a few times a month.
Can you put crocs in a washing machine? Here is a video showing how easy it is to machine wash your crocs…
Can You Put Crocs In The Dishwasher?
Crocs shoes are safe on the top rack of your dishwasher. The Crocs cleaning kit and/or dishwashing detergent will help keep your Crocs shoes looking new.
You can put them through the dishwasher like you would anything else, although we would suggest air drying them if they do not need to be washed frequently.
Put ’em in the sink. Run the water when you rub soap across them. Put ’em in the dishwasher, if you want. Crocs are so durable, they’ll handle whatever you throw at them.
So… Yes, Crocs footwear can be washed in the dishwasher. This is a great way to quickly rinse off sand or germs from your Crocs.
Further reading: Is Tommy Hilfiger A Good Brand? (Excellent Reputation In Fashion), Is Aussie A Good Brand? (Leading Innovative Hair Care Brand), and Is Redken A Good Brand? (Affordable Salon Quality Haircare)
In summary, Crocs shoes are made for all situations. Crocs footwear can be worn both indoors and outdoors.
Crocs are 100% waterproof, so you never have to worry about walking through water, mud, or anything else. They are made of extremely durable material, which means you can wear them happily for years and years.
You may also be interested in… Is Crocs A Good Brand? (Comfortable Clogs, Sneakers, Slippers) and Can Adults Wear Crocs? Proof That Crocs Are Perfect For All Ages