Skorts Are a Half-Skirt, Half-Shorts Hybrid
Skorts have become a popular choice for women’s clothing and so many fashion-forward women have found ways to wear them during the warmer months…. If you’re one of those women, you probably want to know the best way to wear them.
Skorts are popular because they allow you to look professional without having to wear a skirt…. They can be worn with a variety of clothing combinations that make it easy to transition from day to night. They have the comfort of shorts and the coverage of a skirt.
They are also known as knickers or hot pants…. Skorts can be worn by women of all ages and they come in many types and styles…. You can wear skorts to work or on casual outings…. You can wear them at home, on the beach, or anywhere else you can think of.
Skirts are so practical and breezy for the summertime…. However, you might be a little bored with skirts and looking for something different to wear…. Skorts are the perfect solution for all those who love the convenience of a skirt but want to try something more modern.
Skorts can look chic and stylish…. They can be worn in many situations, from casual to formal, depending on what you pair them with…. With a bit of practice and skill, you will have no problem making skorts look great.
So let’s see what you can wear with different styles of skorts, how to wear them, and where to wear them…
|Recommended reading: Is RBX a Good Brand? (Shoes, Tops, Leggings, Skorts, Sweatshirts)|
How To Wear Skorts With Class And Confidence
You can wear just about anything with skorts because they are so versatile…. Skorts can be worn on their own and can even replace shorts in hot weather…. They look great with tights and boots in cooler weather…. Skorts are basically a skirt that has an attached pair of shorts and is generally made from athletic material like nylon or spandex for a tight fit.
Skorts were first created for women who were active outdoors, but now they are one of the most popular casual pieces of clothing for women all over the world.
One of the benefits of a skort is that it makes adding accessories easy.
- Add a cardigan or blazer to make your outfit more formal…. Choose a top with lots of pockets and add some jewelry, like an oversized watch or earrings and necklace…. Just remember that you want your accessories to match, not clash with your skort.
- To create a simple outfit, pair your skort with a T-shirt, tank top, or button-down shirt…. You can also toss on some sandals or flats and finish up with jewelry such as a necklace or earrings.
- A sweater or cardigan works well over a sleeveless skort, as does a light jacket for cooler weather…. You can even layer several pieces for extra warmth.
- If you’re wearing your hair down, add some bobby pins to hold it back from your face; the look is just like wearing a headband but without the necessity of having hair long enough to tie back.
- If you’re going out at night, try pairing your skort with heels instead of sandals or flats…. Add some jewelry and perhaps some makeup for an evening out on the town…. Wear your hair up — this time with an actual headband.
- For colder climates, skorts can be layered over leggings or tights to keep you warm while still providing the flexibility of shorts.
- Skirts can be layered over pants or leggings to create an interesting visual combination.
|Recommended reading: Skirts Like Venroy (5 Skirts Similar To Venroy)|
How to Style an Athletic Skort
Athletic skorts are made to be worn for running, soccer and tennis…. That does not mean that you cannot wear them for casual occasions…. Athletic skorts can be worn for pretty much any type of occasion whether it is a formal or informal event.
Athletic skorts are fun to wear because they make you look attractive and gorgeous especially if you wear them with the right accessories and clothes…. Wearing athletic skorts in the summer is also a good idea because they make you feel cooler on hot days.
When pairing athletic skorts with other clothing items, keep in mind that you don’t want your outfit to appear too sporty or overly casual…. Instead, try wearing a slim-fitting tank top or T-shirt under the skort and adding a pair of simple athletic shoes such as New Balance.
A nice pair of sunglasses can also help dress up your outfit for more formal occasions. There are endless ways to wear athletic skorts, but there are certain pieces that will help make your outfits stand out.
- For starters, try wearing a slim-fitting tank top or T-shirt with them.
- You could also try wearing them with sneakers and a graphic tee or button-down shirt as an alternative to wearing shorts with your skort.
- If you’re not comfortable showing some skin, try wearing leggings under your athletic skort for added warmth in colder weather.
You can wear your athletic skorts with any kind of shoes but style-wise it looks best with flip-flops in a summer casual setting…. Athletic skorts can also be matched with sneakers or canvas shoes because these shoes usually look good on any kind of bottoms.
|Recommended reading: Skirts Like Lululemon (5 Skirts Similar To Lululemon)|
How to Wear Summer Skorts Comfortably
Summer skorts are shorter skirts that can be paired with a t-shirt, tank top, or other clothing options…. They can also be worn with a dress shirt for a more professional look…. Skorts can come in many colors and fabrics…. A skort is a popular option because it combines the convenience of shorts with the modesty of a skirt.
Skorts might have pockets or they might not…. They usually have one or two buttons located on the waistband…. Matching tops and shoes are cute when you wear a skort…. Skirts are great for those warm days during the summer months and you don’t necessarily have to be at the beach to wear them.
- You can wear your skort with flats, sandals, boots or high heels.
- Skorts look great as part of a casual outfit…. A solid-colored top looks great with any color skort, but if you want to add some visual interest to your outfit, try wearing a patterned or brightly colored top with a solid-colored or printed skort.
|Recommended reading: Is Jack Wolfskin A Good Brand? (Apparel For Outdoor Activities)|
The Best Tops To Wear With Skorts
Skorts look best when paired with a solid-colored top that falls just below the waistband of your skort…. If you’re wearing a top with a print or pattern, choose something that’s light and airy so it doesn’t overwhelm your outfit.
Pair your skort with earrings instead of necklaces; this will draw attention to your legs and make them look longer than they actually are.
- Wear loose-fitting tops with skorts; you do not want your top to be too tight because this will make your legs look larger.
- If you have big breasts, try wearing a v-neck shirt or a tank top so that more space is left open between the upper and lower portions of your body.
- Wear shirts that are tucked in if you can find them, but if they’re not available, do not tuck your shirt into your skirt…. This will make your legs look thicker.
- Keep it simple by wearing only one necklace and bracelet at a time and choose accessories that are simple as well such as earrings and rings.
- Do not carry around a big bag; instead, carry around small bags that are easy to handle and hold onto such as clutches or crossbody bags.
- If you want to make sure that your skort looks classy and professional, try pairing it with a white blouse…. White is a classic color, and it works well for many occasions…. It can also help keep you cool on hot days…. A white shirt also works well if you need something simple that won’t show dirt or stains easily.
- You can also opt for polka dots or stripes if you prefer more interesting patterns…. If you’re looking for something more casual, try pairing your skort with a button-down shirt in a solid color like black or navy blue.
|Recommended reading: Is Cutter And Buck A Good Brand? (Affordable Clothing Company)|
Skorts And Shoes? How To Pick The Right Pair
Sandals are the most common shoe option that you’ll see when wearing a skort. If you choose a skort in a darker color, pair it with sandals or flats for a casual daytime look.
Select sandals that match the color of your skort if possible…. If you have a white, black, or navy blue skort, try pairing it with brown sandals for an easy, put-together look…. Add sunglasses and some jewelry for outdoor fun in the sun.
However, if you’re planning to wear skort during the evening hours, heels aren’t a bad option…. Heels give your outfit an air of sophistication and classiness that sandals can’t provide.
To dress up your skort for later in the day or evening, wear it with heels instead of sandals…. Wear your hair down, and add some accessories like earrings and necklaces.
You can also add some makeup to make sure you’re ready to go out at night…. Add shoes that match your outfit — such as black heels or strappy sandals — if you want to get really dressed up.
If you decide to wear heels with your skort, there are a few things to keep in mind…. If you’re going out for dinner or drinks, try wearing open-toe shoes; this will ensure that you still have room for your toes, which may get squished in closed-toe heels.
Additionally, if you plan on dancing or spending a lot of time on your feet, wedges or platform heels might be preferable to stilettos.
|Recommended reading: Skirts Like Brandy Melville (5 Skirts Similar To Brandy Melville)|
Plus Size Skorts: What to Wear with Them?
Skorts are a great option for plus-size women because they give you the best of both worlds…. You can wear them to the office or out with friends and family…. Plus, there is usually a bit more coverage over your thighs than a regular skirt, which can prevent thigh rubbing and chafing that could occur if you wear shorts underneath.
If you’re a plus-size woman, you know the struggle of finding clothes that fit…. Skorts are a great way to wear a skirt and shorts in one, but they can be tricky to pair with the right top…. The good news is that there are plenty of tops out there made specifically for skorts.
Turtlenecks – If you don’t want your stomach showing, turtlenecks are a great choice…. They look good with skorts because they’re long enough to cover your tummy and they don’t create a bulge at the bottom of the shirt like some other shirts do…. Turtlenecks work well with many different skirts, so you can have fun mixing up your options!
Shirts with interesting details – Shirts with interesting details like frills or sparkles will draw attention away from your stomach and onto other parts of your body…. These details can also make an otherwise normal shirt look more fashionable and trendy, which is always a plus!
Shirts that are tight – Wear shirts that are tight but not too tight…. You should also wear shirts that fit you well instead of baggy shirts, which don’t look good with skorts.
|Recommended reading: What is a Skater Skirt? (Do People Still Wear Skater Skirts?)|
Where to Wear Skorts & Not Look Dorky
Skorts are the most versatile form of clothing…. You can wear them on both formal and casual occasions…. They are more comfortable than other kinds of skirts and shorts…. If you have not yet tried a skort, then it is time for you to experience one.
Skorts are the perfect summer wardrobe item since they provide a touch of fashion with a hint of athletic inspiration…. Not only do skorts look great, but they are also very comfortable to wear.
- The best thing about these shorts is that they can be worn on almost any occasion…. You can wear them at work and when attending social gatherings.
- Those who are going on a date can pull off the skorts as an outfit option…. The best part about these is that they can make your legs look longer and slimmer…. This kind of outfit will give you an extra boost of confidence that you need when you are out on a date.
- Skorts can be worn on a casual occasion with your friends or family members…. You do not have to wear them only with sneakers or flats; you can match them with heels or wedges, too…. As long as the design fits well with your personality, then there is nothing wrong with it.
- If you want to make a statement or stand out from the crowd, then wearing skorts is the best decision that you can make for yourself…. It does not matter if it is for a party or just for running errands; this kind of outfit will always turn heads wherever you go.
- You can also wear them to work or when traveling if you want to look dressed up without having to deal with the hassle of wearing pants.
|Recommended reading: Shops Like Olive Lynn (8 Unique Alternatives You’ll Love)|
Is a Skort A Professional Looking Outfit?
Skorts are one of those garments that can go either way with regard to professionalism…. They essentially look like a long skirt, but they’re constructed with shorts-like material.
While there is no rule in place that prevents you from wearing them to work, it’s important that you make sure they fit your particular office environment before deciding to wear them.
Trying to figure out what is professional or not can be hard to do sometimes…. And there are times that women want to wear something that is fun and trendy, but still appropriate for work.
A skirt with shorts underneath might not be something you would normally wear to work, but it might be just fine if you are going on a casual Friday.
|Recommended reading: Is Beyond Yoga A Good Brand? (Leggings, Shorts, & Sports Bras)|
The Verdict On Skorts: Are They Better Than Skirts?
They are great because they make it easier for women to be active and do more things while feeling comfortable…. At the same time, they still cover up the legs enough where you aren’t showing too much skin.
Skirts and skorts serve two different purposes, which makes for fun summer dressing options…. Skirts have been around longer than skorts and therefore have more variety in design and style…. Skirts are typically longer than skorts, but not by much…. A typical skirt will be knee-length while a typical skort will stop right above your knees.
While you might choose either one first, you should really consider what type of event you will be attending when choosing your attire.
- For more formal events, choose a skirt since it’s less casual looking than a skort.
- For less formal events like outdoor picnics or pool parties, wear a skort since it is more relaxed looking than a skirt and provides enough coverage for the activities you’ll be doing such as swimming or sitting in the sun for long periods of time.
Some advantages of skorts:
- When you go out to the beach or enjoy being outside, you can wear a nice pair of sandals with your skort so you have more protection from the sun than just your legs.
- When going on hikes or exploring nature, I think skorts are also great because they give you more freedom of movement than shorts alone would.
- You can sit down without having to worry about your shorts riding up or showing too much of your legs while wearing a skirt.
|Recommended reading: Is Aeropostale A Good Brand? (Young Contemporary Fashion Brand)|
Do You Wear Underwear with Skorts?
The majority of people would wear underwear under skorts however just like shorts there are quite a few daring women who go commando.
You would have to make sure there are no obvious seams that will rub your private areas if you decide to go without panties…. If you are interested in wearing shorts without underwear why not try it out at home for a day and see how you go?
|Recommended reading: Is Izod A Good Brand? (10 Reasons Why Izod Is A Good Brand)|
In summary, true skorts are just like skirts — they cover your legs completely and have waistbands…. You can wear your hair up or down with these, as you would with any skirt.
However, they do have one style advantage: The shorts underneath provide a little extra coverage that can help prevent exposure of your lower back or rear end when you bend over.
You may also be interested in… What is a Skater Skirt? and What Are Jodhpurs Pants?