The Ninja Foodi is one of the most remarkable appliances available today. It can pressure cook, air fry, crisp, slow cook, bake, roast, steam, and so much more.
But can it cook food from frozen?
Oh wow… Can it ever! Not only can you cook frozen food with the Ninja Foodi it cooks it fast and to perfection.
The Ninja Foodi is a countertop appliance that lets you cook delicious frozen foods in minutes, without the hassle of the microwave. It’s large enough to prepare a family meal but small enough to store under your counter.
The drip cup catches drips and makes cleanup easier. And it’s simple to use – just push a button and you’re on your way to delicious, healthy meals.
So… Pop in your favorite frozen food. Select the cook option and time required – the Ninja Foodi does the rest.
The thing that impresses me the most is how customers rave about how amazing the Ninja Foodi is at cooking frozen food. let’s see what they have to say (and they had plenty to say)…
Can You Cook Frozen Food In Ninja Foodi?
I love that if I had forgotten to take meat out to thaw, it doesn’t matter because I can throw it in frozen.
- Air fryers have become my microwave replacement… anything sold frozen and mostly pre-cooked (egg rolls, pizza rolls, chicken strips, etc.) comes out crisp and wonderful in the convection style cooking of the air fryer.
- It’s a really good way to roast/fry meats it’s a really great way to cook various frozen foods… It’s honestly probably my favorite purchase I made this entire year.
- I can just take something (even completely frozen items) and toss it right in (no thawing needed) and have it cooked in no time.
- From Frozen to done in minutes.
- In the short time that I had my Foodi I made so many meals. It’s also great for heating up frozen appetizers.
- You can get so many ideas for recipes online and it cooks frozen food great.
- As an air fryer of frozen foods (fries, nuggets, spring rolls) it’s amazing.
- Easy to use and clean, cooks fresh and frozen foods to perfection.
- It works well for frozen food that normally requires an hour of cooking time, we can be eating in a quarter of that time.
- I use it to steam frozen dim sum or other frozen foods.
Frozen to the table in record time for almost everything. Roasts (pork & beef), chicken (bone in breasts) & whole are ready in the time it used to take to thaw in the microwave.
- This machine takes frozen food and makes great meals. You have every option on one machine.
- I love being able to cook wonderful meals right from the frozen state. Everything comes out so delicious.
- Makes cooking frozen foods fast and easy if I have forgotten to thaw something out ahead of time. Love my Foodi.
- Forgetting to thaw out meat for dinner is no longer an excuse for not cooking from scratch.
- I can cook quickly even from frozen. It had helped me save money cooking at home with great results. Food tastes good.
- It’s so amazing!! Dinner is done in about 20 minutes- even from frozen.
- From frozen to finish cooking in a fraction of the normal time!
- The pressure cooker is great if you are running out of time… just put frozen food in and then you the air crisp.
- I love being able to cook from frozen to fresh in minutes and taste amazing.
- Love how easy it is to use! Love how you can cook from frozen in minutes.
Put in frozen food items, check out the small book for time to cook, push a couple of buttons then wait. When done, air fry if you want it crispy or not and you’re done.
- I like how you can cook frozen things and then crisp them with the air fry function.
- You can make fresh stuff or you can make frozen stuff, it does it all. Everything comes out so crisp and light.
- Any frozen foods you might normally fry (wings, mozzarella sticks, corn nuggets, fried okra) are amazing in this thing.
- The first thing I made in here was some bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers my mom made that I had frozen. Cooked perfectly in 12 minutes from frozen.
- Steamed frozen Chinese dumplings for 10 min. Perfect!
- Pressure cooking can save you a ton of time by cooking frozen foods right from the freezer.
- I make frozen tater tots, onion rings, chicken nuggets. These came out crisp and perfect.
- No heating up the entire house preheating the oven to cook frozen food!
- Game changer for frozen foods.
Can You Cook Frozen Chicken In Ninja Foodi?
I don’t have to thaw out something or plan anything ahead of time, since I can throw frozen chicken in it and have dinner ready in an hour.
- Pressure cooks a frozen 4lb chicken in 35 minutes.
- I made Amazing Chicken drum sticks from frozen (big meaty ones I had in food saver bags) 15 minutes pressure cooker 15 minutes on roast setting in the crisper basket with sweet baby rays on them. Crispy on the outside and juicy not dried out on the inside!
- Made chicken hot wings from frozen came out awesome!
- It has taken a bag of frozen chicken wings from frozen to crispy on my plate deliciousness in around 20min.
- My food comes out AMAZING.. I’ve cooked chicken wings from FROZEN!!
- I have put FROZEN chicken in this thing threw some seasoning in the pot turned it in for 7 minutes and it was fully COOKED.
- I have used the foodie twice now in the last three nights to cook frozen food. Chicken on the first try and pork on the second one.
- I just made six chicken drumsticks from frozen to air crisp. The process was very easy.
- I’ve cooked (from frozen) chicken wings and thighs. They are juicy and enjoyable to eat.
- I’m not interested in chicken if I can’t crisp it up after pressure cooking it from frozen in mere minutes. Amazing!!!
- We love the ease of the Ninja being able to go from frozen to air fryer in minutes. makes the best hot wings I have ever had!!!
- Started with totally frozen wings and it only took 30 mins from start to finish.
- My ten-year-old makes his own frozen nuggets in it almost every day all by himself.
- I finally got to see it in action tonight and watched frozen wings to perfectly juicy and crispy without the grease under 25min.
- My family was in shock when I started with frozen chicken and 30 minutes later had an amazing dinner.
- So far I’ve fixed frozen wings, pot roast, hotdogs, and frozen Texas toast. Everything turned out great and the Foodi was easy to use.
- You can start with frozen chicken and have the best chicken and noodles I’ve ever had in an hour.
- I threw FROZEN chicken breasts in it and put the pressure cooker on high for 20 minutes then took the pressure cooker lid off and put some BBQ sauce on the chicken and dropped it down the air crisper lid. Delicious!
- Even a frozen roast – in less than 2 hours it was falling apart, juicy, delicious!
- Makes frozen wings perfectly after one flip.
- The pressure cooker works well even for frozen roast, oxtail, and chicken w/rice dishes.
- I use it for everything from cooking rice, frozen chicken in 15 mins, make movie theater-like popcorn in 6 mins with just a teaspoon of oil.
- My favorite thing is probably going from a frozen chicken breast to dinner in about 15 minutes.
- Frozen to cooked in 30 min. Crispy chicken.
- We are eating wings weekly. Frozen to crispy in about 25 minutes!
I can cook a completely frozen chicken… freezer to table in 70/75 minutes.
- Frozen wings in the pot, pressure cooked, then switched to air fry. Super easy.
- I started out with simple things, like frozen nuggets and tater tots, and it blew me away how much better they taste was in the air fryer compared to heating via a conventional oven.
- What totally blew my mind is taking a frozen chicken out of the freezer, putting it in the pressure cooker, and having it fully cooked in about 20 minutes!!
- Put about 3 pounds of frozen chicken pieces in along with the recipe ingredients. Pressure cooked and crisped the chicken. 35 minutes later it was on our plates.
- The pressure cooker feature is great chicken goes from frozen to falling apart in 14 minutes.
- Here’s a super quick idea: Rice, water, frozen chicken, mushroom soup, spices, and BOOM dinner.
- I’ve made buffalo wings from frozen – turned out crispy and delicious.
- My favorite thing to do is pressure cook a frozen, herbed chicken breast (straight from the freezer) over some kind of stuffed pumpkin/squash for 9-10 minutes, do a quick pressure release, then air fry for another 10-15 minutes.
- Make a whole chicken dinner in 30 minutes. Frozen chicken? no problem. 40 minutes. no microwave or thawing needed.
- Makes greatly frozen to fried wings, French fries, crab cakes, poppers, etc.
- I put frozen chicken wings in mine and it pressure cooked them in just 5 minutes.
Can You Cook Frozen Chips In Ninja Foodi?
I decided to try something simple- frozen sweet potato fries. When I got them done, I was shocked. I have used a LOT of air fryers now and this was the best result I have gotten in any of them. There was a perfect balance of moisture and crispy when following instructions.
- I also got some frozen trader joe’s fries. While I’m not a big frozen food person, I wanted to see what the outcome was with this. Tossed a couple in, put it on 360 for 12 minutes. BAM! delicious fries.
- I’ve also made frozen french fries, frozen shrimp, hash brown patties, and following the easy directions, all were done quickly and deliciously
- The air crisper for frozen french fries did a great job.
- I’ve air-fried TGI Fridays frozen potato skins, I even rescued soggy onion rings.
- Makes the best and easiest frozen French fries, chicken nuggets, etc.
- Air crisper/fryer does indeed crisp frozen food like fries and chicken nuggets fast and efficiently.
- Makes frozen food like waffle fries taste great.
- I love using the air fryer for frozen foods, it even makes frozen french fries taste perfectly crispy with a tiny bit of oil at 400 for 12 minutes.
Best frozen fries I’ve ever had without frying involved.
- I also tried out the air fryer on some frozen fries and they came out better than the oven.
- The meat comes out juicily and very well done. Frozen Fries are golden brown and crispy.
- Super easy to toss in frozen French fries, tater tots, mozzarella sticks, or any other frozen food that would typically be deep-fried.
- We also air-fried some fish and some frozen french fries, and they also turned out perfectly.
- Frozen French fries? They’re a dream. 12 min on air fryer setting, 400 degrees. Perfect. This item has changed the way we cook.
- This thing is amazing. I bought it thinking that we’d make a bunch of frozen fries/wings/tater tots for quick meals.
- It can steam veggies, air fry crisp frozen bags of prepared food like chicken nuggets/wings is small, portable, and replaces the oven.
- It makes mashed potatoes in a snap, air fries frozen french fries for a quick treat, dehydrates perfectly, steams veggies, and cooks a roast from freezer to table in about two hours.
- Just made frozen fries. Hot and crispy was not expecting them to be cooked so well, without using any oil.
Can You Cook A Frozen Steak (Beef) In A Ninja Foodi Grill?
Cooks frozen steaks to perfection when you do it right. Plus, you can cook your proteins over your veggies, effectively getting all that juicy goodness and consistency in flavors throughout the whole dish.
- The next thing we tried was a frozen pork steak. Perfect! Tender, moist, and with lots of flavors.
- Being able to pressure cook meat from frozen really saves the day when nothing is defrosted.
- We have cooked frozen cube steak, chicken, stew beef, etc, and comes out so tender.
- I still cannot believe that the meat is cooked while still frozen. No more waiting for the meat to thaw. This is so awesome.
- Love the feature of air crisping meat or fish from a frozen state to perfection.
- Pressure cooked frozen beef/tender-crisp setting is amazing and made whole chicken legs in 30 minutes those are the only 2 settings I’ve used so far.
- You can cook meats that are completely frozen rock solid! Food is so tender and juicy.
- We lead busy lives and to be able to throw a frozen roast and some root vegetables in after work or a whole chicken and have a mouth-watering meal in under an hour is simply amazing.
- Amazingly fast – succulent delicious beef stew meat from the frozen solid-state in 25 min.
- Absolutely love this. Tired after work. No worries. Frozen steak air cooked 35 minutes flip once.
Love putting frozen meat in the pressure cooker and it is done in an hour!
- I made a beef stew using frozen beef cubes (yes, they were a frozen block right from the freezer) and in 45 minutes, I had a great beef stew with carrots and potatoes and meat that was as tender as if I cooked it all day long.
- It makes beautiful juicy steaks from frozen. So easy to use, even easier to clean!
- I LOVE that you can put frozen meat in this and it defrosts/cooks at the same time.
- Have made frozen burger patties, frozen chicken breasts, frozen diced potatoes, white rice, and much more!
- You can cook a frozen steak to med-rare in about 20 minutes.
- I just fixed pepper steak in 25 minutes w frozen meat. It was better than what I usually fixed.
- Easy to use, we’ve cooked frozen sausages pressure cooked then browned, came out great!
- Making dinner is a breeze! Can even cook frozen meat in minutes and with great Flavor!
- Great for quickly cooking frozen meat.
- I love how fast it can cook 2 frozen steaks in 15 min.
Can You Cook A Frozen Fish In A Ninja Foodi Grill?
- It also cooks frozen fish perfectly in under 10 minutes, just put it in the inner basket with the liquid below.
- Frozen salmon, snapper and chicken pot pie, chicken wings, Brussels sprouts with bacon, turkey burgers, fries, and jerk pork tenderloin. What can it not cook in half or less than half the time?
- This cooker does a great job with quick, easy stuff like frozen shrimp or chicken fingers.
What About Frozen Pork?
- It roasted frozen pulled pork in a square shape – cooked and then browned.
- Moreover, I used frozen chicken and frozen pork and no defrosting was necessary!
- Pulled meats cook from frozen to perfect so quickly.
- I can put frozen chicken breast, brisket, Or pork loin in the Foodi and set for 15 to 20 minutes tops and have my meat be fall off the bone tender.
- I cooked a pork roast in 30 minutes from frozen.
And Frozen Vegetables?
- Roasted Brussels sprouts in tamari from frozen.
- So awesome, in fact, that I’ve lost weight from eating my veggies from frozen.
- Frozen Brussels sprouts instead of fresh broccoli. It didn’t matter – everything turned out great and the family wiped it out before I could even snap a photo.
- We put the recommended amount of water in with rice, frozen veggies, and frozen chicken breasts on top and let it pressure cook it to perfection.
- You can easily cook rice, stew, chili, hot dogs, chicken wings, frozen vegetables, etc.
- Capable of cooking practically everything from frozen foods to steaks and vegetables.
- Frozen onion rings were next, perfect.
In summary, Ninja innovates to give you a fast, easy and delicious way to prepare frozen meals! The Ninja Foodi System allows you to cook delicious food in minutes without the hassle of thawing.
The Ninja Foodi is not just another cooking device. In fact, it can be used to cook more than just frozen food – it’s capable of cooking just about anything that you throw in it.
So, you’re throwing a party and need a last-minute menu item for a hungry crowd? No problem! Frozen chicken tenders, those tiny and tasty bits of chicken breast meat, are the perfect solution.
All you need to do is follow our simple cooking instructions for the Ninja Foodi, which starts with opening the lid and pressing the “cook” button. After that, you can just sit back and let the Ninja Foodi do all the work for you.
And it is the same for cooking chips, shrimp, or any other frozen packet food. You can quickly whip up food for an unexpected or even an expected crowd.
And not only does the Ninja Foodi prepare food quickly and perfectly, but it also saves you time and money!
You may also be interested in… What Is The Top Rated All In One Air Fryer? (Ninja Can Do It All) and Is Bella A Good Brand? Very Affordable Appliances & Cookware Sets