Blue chinos are a great color for casual outfits, but they can also be worn in more formal outfits… A typical look would be with a white button-down shirt, brown dress shoes, and a matching belt… Accessories such as a watch or cufflinks would also add to the look.
If you’re going to wear your blue chinos in more formal outfits, you should generally stick to colors that complement the color of your pants.
For example, if you’re wearing dark blue pants, then you could go with an oxford shirt that has lighter colors such as white or light blue…
This will make the outfit look more put-together instead of just wearing a t-shirt or polo shirt with it… You could also go for colors like red or orange if you’re feeling bold.
One thing to keep in mind when wearing blue chinos is the color of your shoes… If you want to stick with something more conservative, then black shoes would be appropriate for this outfit.
However, if you want to add some more color, then you can choose brown shoes instead… Blue chinos are super versatile and easy to style… They go great with almost any blazer and shoes you want to wear.
So let’s look a little bit closer at what you can wear with your blue chinos…
Can You Wear Blue Shirt with Blue Chinos?
Blue is a great color, but wearing it all the time can get boring… It is also one of the trickier colors to wear in your wardrobe.
Having a blue shirt with blue chinos is not such a big deal, but if you are planning to wear two items that are both blue, then you should be careful to avoid looking like a cop or an airline pilot.
The trick to wearing a blue shirt with blue chinos is to make sure that the shades complement each other… Pick out outfits that have similar shades of blue – not too light and not too dark… Also, remember to match the fit of your pants with the fit of the shirt.
Choose a lighter shade of blue for a shirt and a darker shade for your chino pants; this will give you a smart and dashing look or the other way around.
For such combinations, it’s best to wear solid colors for both your shirt and pants…. Stripes look nice but don’t really work well because they draw attention to themselves rather than complement one another.
What Shoes to Wear with Blue Chinos
Blue chinos can be paired with a variety of shoe styles, including loafers, sneakers, and oxfords. Here are a few ideas for shoes to wear with blue chinos:
Loafers: Loafers are a classic choice for chinos. Try pairing blue chinos with brown or black loafers for a polished, preppy look.
Sneakers: Sneakers are a great casual option for chinos. Try pairing blue chinos with white sneakers for a clean, sporty look, or with colored sneakers for a more playful vibe.
Oxfords: Oxfords are a more formal shoe option that can be dressed up or down. Pair blue chinos with brown or black oxfords for a dressed-up look, or with colored oxfords for a more casual, trendy outfit.
Overall, the best shoe choice for blue chinos will depend on the occasion and the desired level of formality. Experiment with different shoe styles to find the look that works best for you.
Do Black Shoes Go with Blue Chinos?
Black shoes look good with blue chinos and can make your outfit pop because of their contrast to the color of your pants.
Do black shoes go with blue? Not necessarily… It depends on the shade of blue and the shape of the shoe… A dark navy blue is almost black, so it’s okay to wear black shoes… A light sky-blue, however, might look odd with black shoes.
The reason for this rule is that black shoes are more formal than brown ones, and they need to be worn in an appropriate color…. Navy blue is a very formal color, so it goes well with black shoes… Sky blue is not as formal, so you need to stick with brown shoes.
What Shoes Go with Light Blue Chinos?
Brown leather shoes look classy and stylish… They match well with light blue chinos and will make you look more stylish and elegant.
Black leather shoes are perhaps the best choice when it comes to navy blue chinos as they will not only match but also complement each other’s colors very well.
There was a day, not too long ago, when chinos were considered strictly casual attire… They would be paired with a polo shirt and sneakers or loafers, often in an office setting…
Nowadays — chinos are increasingly viewed as a viable alternative to dress slacks… In fact, there is so much versatility that chinos have become a well-loved closet essential for many men.
While navy blue men’s chinos have always been popular with fashion-conscious men, they have seen an increase in demand lately… When it comes to styling these versatile pants, there are several options available to help you get the look you want without overdoing it.
The first thing you need to do when styling navy blue pants is finding out if your chinos are tapered or straight-cut.
- If your pants are tapered at the knees then you will want a pair of shoes that compliment the fit of the pants; such as dress shoes or boots with a medium-width toe box.
- If your pants are straight cut then any shoe will work; from casual sneakers and flip flops to strappy sandals or boat shoes for summertime outings.
- To style a pair of chinos for a summer evening out, try pairing them with a light gray shirt and a navy blue blazer… The combination gives you the casual look of chinos but adds an air of formality and sophistication.
- To give a pair of chinos a rugged look, wear them with a jacket that has been worn well… For fall, try pairing them with a bomber jacket… A pair of brown leather lace-up boots also gives it a more dressed-up look.
- Tie your chinos into place with a belt and wear a patterned shirt with some light layers underneath… If you are looking for something more casual, then go for the denim jacket and sneakers.
What Top Goes with Blue Chinos?
You can wear any top that comes in blue color like dark-blue polo T-shirts, light-blue shirts, or even button-down shirts… All of them will go well with navy blue chinos… So, you are sure to find something that suits you from your wardrobe already.
Consider Your Shirt Color
As for colors of tops, white and cream colors suit best for the spring-summer season whereas dark blue or black tops match better options for fall-winter.
Light pastel blue chinos are a great choice because they’re versatile enough to work with most colors… If you want something more daring, though, you can go with colors like dark navy and royal blue as well… Where your shirt falls on the color spectrum will affect what other pieces you choose for your outfit.
Blue isn’t likely to clash with any color except red and yellow-orange is an acceptable substitute if red isn’t your thing… If you don’t want the appearance of clashing colors, stick with lighter neutrals like white or gray when choosing an article of clothing like a shirt or undershirt.
In summary, Blue chinos have become an extremely popular casual look for men…. They are versatile and can be worn with a dress shirt and tie or a t-shirt and sneakers… The key is finding the right color blue for your skin tone, and the right cut for your body type.
- Tall, slender men can wear almost any style of blue chinos… If you’re tall and slim, make sure to get tailored pants that don’t fit too tightly around your legs to avoid looking like you’re wearing bicycle shorts… Darker blues are more flattering on taller men because they help to make your legs seem longer… Slimmer cuts will give you a sleeker, more streamlined appearance.
- Rounder-faced men will do best in brighter-colored blue chinos… Light blues are great for green-eyed guys because they bring out the color of their eyes… Dark blues will make round faces appear even rounder… Guys with bigger tummies should opt for flat-front pants because they hide tummy bulges better than pleats… Flat-front pants also help to elongate your legs and create a more streamlined look that is perfect for pear-shaped men.
Color blocking can be a great way to create contrast between your upper body and lower body… Wear light-colored shirts with darker-colored chinos and vice versa.