What to Wear with Bell Bottoms?
Wearing bell bottoms with a bright-colored shirt is one of the best choices that you can make. It is a great choice because it will make you look different from your peers. The color will be an eye-catcher and it will show people that you have a unique personality. You can wear any type of shirt with them, but the best are short sleeve shirts and T-shirts.
The thing about bell-bottoms is that they’re not just for going to the beach or hanging around with your friends anymore. They’ve made their way into sexy evening wear and office-appropriate ensembles. This means that you have to put more thought into what kind of shirt you want to wear with them.
- Some shirts, like button-up shirts or basic tees, look great with bell bottoms because they keep attention on your top half and make your legs really stand out when you walk.
- If you’re wearing your bell-bottoms with a top shorter than knee length, it’s okay to wear socks with them. If you’re going to be wearing them with a top-down to your knees or longer, you can leave your shoes off for comfort’s sake or substitute sandals or mules for shoes if you prefer.
- If you’re going for a more casual look then consider wearing sandals with your bell-bottoms. Sandals give off a carefree vibe that really complements bell bottoms.
- If you prefer an edgier look try wearing boots or high heels with your bell-bottoms. If you have long legs as I do then this is a great option because boots elongate the leg line and make your legs appear longer than they actually are!
What Shirt To Wear with Bell Bottoms?
You can wear any type of shirt with them; they are very versatile in this regard. However, if you want to stand out, choose a shirt that has a lot of colors in it or has a logo on it.
The reason why you should go for these types of shirts is that they are going to make your outfit different than everyone else’s. A plain colored or white shirt will not do anything for your look and it will blend in with all the other people who are wearing bell bottoms too.
Blues and browns are always safe outfit options. Beige, Khaki Bellbottoms, Navy, Red, and Pink can be worn with a variety of outfits as well. You can also wear solid colors such as black or white with bell bottoms.
Solid colors go well with bell-bottoms because they make your pants the focal point of the outfit. To add a pop of color to your outfit, try wearing a colorful blouse or a scarf that matches your pants.
What to Wear with Black Bell Bottoms?
We all love black bell-bottoms and we cannot deny that. Those dark, fashionably tight pants are a must-have in any man’s wardrobe. They are sexy, cool, casual, and fun. The best thing about them is that they will never go out of style!
And if you have a pair of black bell-bottoms you will be able to wear them for years! However, it’s not always easy to decide what top or shirt to wear with those pants so here is a great solution:
Wear a nice V-neck t-shirt or polo shirt in a color that matches the color of the belt in your black bell-bottoms. This will help you look more put together and chic without having to spend any time thinking about what accessories to wear or what shoes to match your outfit.
Another option is to wear a white or light-colored button-down shirt tucked into your black bell-bottoms but make sure that the shirt does not reach beyond the top of your pants. If it does then unbutton the last two buttons on your shirt in order to reveal your belt!
Why Are Sailors Pants Bell Bottoms?
There are two basic styles of bell bottoms. One is just a pair of straight-legged pants that have been hemmed so they stop above the ankles.
The second style is called sailor pants because sailors supposedly wore them for easy access to their seabags. This style has an elastic waistband and a drawstring. They can be worn with either a belt or a tie for cinching in the waist if you prefer a more tailored look.
Trousers were worn by seamen since ancient times and by about 1750, bell-bottomed trousers or wide trousers were a common sight on ships and boats. Sailors began adopting their own clothing styles and the bell-bottomed trousers became one of them.
Why Do Sailors Wear Bell Bottoms?
Sailor’s pants are bell-bottoms because they were designed to be loose-fitting. This was to make it easier for the sailor to climb the rigging and handle the ropes. The pants also had a wide enough cuff to cover the tops of the sailor’s boots as he stood in the boat.
This is important because it helped them move faster, and to avoid being tangled in the ropes of sails that were unfurled when a ship sailed at high winds.
Why Do Sailor Pants Have 13 Buttons?
The number of buttons was not arbitrary. In fact, it’s symbolic. Sailor pants were designed with 13 buttons because they represent the original 13 states that became part of the United States.
The U.S. flag has 13 stripes and 50 stars. It is a symbol of unity and strength for the country, but it was not always so. The first flag had only 13 stars and stripes because that is how many states were in the union when it was created.
In summary, what to Wear with Bell Bottoms: The 1969 film Easy Rider was the first iconic movie where the actors wore blue jeans and the audience immediately identified what they were wearing. The jeans were made by Lee and they were labeled as “Bell Bottoms”.
Since then, Bell bottoms have been a symbol of being part of the counterculture in America. In the 1970s, many people wore bell-bottoms to identify themselves as ‘hippies’. They also became a symbol of rebellion against the norms and values of society. Despite their reputation, bell bottoms are actually not bad to wear if you know how to pull them off.
Here are some tips for wearing them:
- Know Your Cut – The three main cuts for bell-bottoms include flared, boot-cut, and straight. A flared cut is when there is about an inch of fabric at the base of your leg. Boot-cut is when there are more like two inches of fabric at the bottom that flares out from your knee downwards. A straight cut is just a straight line from your waist down to your ankle.
- Know Your Length – The most common lengths for bell bottoms are 28 inches long or 38 inches long. This includes both men’s and women’s jeans.
You may also be interested in… Do Wide Leg Pants Make You Look Fatter and Shorter? and What Are Wedgie Jeans?