Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
What Is Vivobarefoot Brand Known For?
Vivobarefoot, inspired by nature, is an athleisure brand that trades traditional materials and construction techniques for the very best in breathability and comfort.
Built to perform from sunup through sundown, Vivobarefoot offers you shoes and sandals for everywhere.
Vivobarefoot is the world’s first truly barefoot running shoe brand, they take running back to the basics – protecting feet from harsh terrain while encouraging a natural posture for improved balance and flexibility.
Vivobarefoot has been at the forefront of the barefoot movement since the founding of the company in 2012 when brothers Asher and Galahad Clark set out to create a company where their products were designed to allow you to have fun and connect with the ground.
With an innovative style, minimalist design, and strong ethical focus, Vivobarefoot is a brand that’s producing radically new concepts in footwear. Vivobarefoot shoes have achieved a cult-like following among runners.
Vivobarefoot shoes and boots are designed with an innate barefoot structure, using traditional shoemaking techniques and premium natural leathers. This creates a shoe that lets the foot do what it was made to do – interact with the environment.
What Are Barefoot Shoes?
Barefoot shoes offer many of the same health benefits as going bare feet itself, free from artificial support, stabilizing straps, and synthetic materials.
Instead, minimalist shoes employ flexible soles that allow your foot to function and adapt naturally, offering a much lighter and healthier alternative to standard running shoes.
Barefoot shoes, also known as minimalist shoes, are constructed to replicate the sensation of going barefoot on an outdoor adventure. These shoes act like a second skin for the foot. There is very little separation between you and the surface you’re walking on.
They’re designed to be lightweight and flexible, with a zero-to-low drop (the difference between heel height and toe height) to take pressure off your joints while maximizing oxygen flow.
The foot is designed to grip the ground as you run, not float above it. Barefoot shoes are an emerging trend among both athletes and fitness fans.
With less potential for physical injury than your average running shoe, these minimalist footwear pieces can help you reach your maximum potential while keeping you comfortable along the way.
Below I have listed some of Vivobarefoot’s most popular products so you can see how good this brand is…
Vivobarefoot Primus Lite
The following Women’s Vivobarefoot Primus Lite 3 shoe has an excellent 75% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars. The men’s version has even higher ratings with an AMAZING 84% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
The Primus Lite III is a refreshing minimalist running shoe, specifically designed for medium to long distance running. The BFREE midsoles have been developed to be the lightest and most responsive ever, giving you a feeling of total freedom with every stride.
The new Vivobarefoot Primus Lite III is not only a stylish design – but it also performs. This lightweight shoe combined with the patented ‘Barefoot Sole’ offers the ultimate in comfort and speed on a bike commute or running to catch the next bus. It is a great alternative to wearing heavy boots or traditional shoes…
The Vivobarefoot Primus Lite III is designed for athletes who want a shoe that can feel the ground, but still provide medical benefits for supporting the foot, ankle, and musculoskeletal system. A breathable mesh lining, air mesh heel cup and non-marking rubber outsole make this an ideal choice for the eco-conscious runner.
- With the overall look and feel, this is a perfect companion for any athlete.
- It is machine washable.
- It has a breathable mesh upper with a rubber sole that is light and flexible.
- The Primus Lite III is one of the best women’s running shoes available, ideal for a variety of personal training and cross-training activities.
- The barefoot design with a dual-density midsole offers the ultimate flexibility, lightness, and comfort.
- Handcrafted with recycled mesh, a comfortable, airy upper features no animal products and allows cool air to circulate around your feet.
- The Primus Lite III includes an innovative design that delivers a barefoot experience with natural movement for people like you who want that ultra-light feel.
- It is the most comfortable, lightweight, vegan women’s barefoot shoe on the planet.
- Ultra-breathable, it lets your foot air out for a healthy stride that promotes a stronger and more resilient foot.
- The super-lightweight upper provides an adaptive fit with maximum comfort.
- This women’s barefoot shoe is ideal for fast runs in hot climates, hot yoga, and lightweight hikes and treks.
The following Vivobarefoot has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
The VIVOBAREFOOT Tracker II FG is an updated version of the best-selling Tracker boot with new features such as a waterproof membrane for those rainy days.
With a VIBRAM TRAILCLAW outsole and ergonomic footbed for toe protection, the Tracker II does all of the work for you so that you can focus on what’s important – enjoying your time in nature.
The Tracker is a lightweight hiker with soft, supple leather in a versatile and protective package. This boot is perfect for the urbanite that wants to commute in comfort, or the everyday adventurer who takes to the hills or canyons underfoot.
The VIVOBAREFOOT Tracker II offers comfortable support, durability, and protection all at an unbeatable price. The Tracker II is rooted in our Foot Shape Concept, which ensures that it will fit like a glove…
The Tracker II is Vivobarefoot’s most popular and versatile hiking boot. With breathable nubuck leather uppers, an AEGIS Microbe Shield to fight bacteria, and a Vibram MegaGrip sole, the Tracker II is ready for any adventure.
- This boot is built with waterproof canvas, innovative TPU material, and dual-density EVA for unparalleled comfort in a lightweight package.
- The lace-up construction makes this shoe easy to get on and off, while the low-rise silhouette is supportive and comfortable.
- A versatile shoe for mountain trails, this low-profile boot also features a VIBRAM outsole that delivers superior grip on varied terrain.
- The innovative DYNACOIL midsole reacts in tune with the movement of your feet, creating a custom feel as you walk.
- The Tracker’s thin layers of nubuck leather are stitched together and then sealed with a waterproof membrane to ensure your feet stay dry against the elements.
- The full-grain leather and nylon mesh upper combine to create a lightweight and breathable boot.
- The boot is anchored to its sole by a firm ground sole that features 3mm lugs the provide grip over trails, rocks, and rugged landscapes.
- They’re waterproof, lightweight with long-lasting durability, and are easy to clean.
- Lightweight, dry, and comfortable – the Tracker II from Vivobarefoot is built so you can explore comfortably and naturally.
- The hard-wearing, puncture-resistant sole provides excellent grip and protection and the 3mm lugs provide traction over a variety of surfaces.
Vivobarefoot Men’s Gobi II Walking Shoe
The following Vivobarefoot has an excellent 74% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
The Gobi II is created from naturally scarred, wild hide leather uppers. With interwoven nylon straps for strength and durability, the Gobi keeps things simple without compromising comfort.
The gobi is an evolution of the original barefoot desert boot. Lighter than its ancestors, its wild hyde leather will scar as you walk.
The Gobi II M is a great barefoot shoe for minimalist walkers looking to experience the comfort and freedom of a totally unstructured shoe. It’s naturally wrinkled, wild hyde leather upper is strong and resists water, and is made in small batches. This men’s shoe has an EVA footbed with deep flex grooves to hold your feet in place and ensure natural stability.
Removable insoles to keep your feet cool in warm weather and warm in cold weather. The original goes barefoot…
Desert boots are the ultimate wardrobe staple. They’re useful in all situations, from providing support for your feet when you’re walking around a new city, to doubling up as stylish footwear once you arrive at your destination. With Vivobarefoot’s lightest and strongest take on desert boots yet, gobi II will quickly become your everyday essential.
- This shoe is crafted from naturally scarred leather hand-selected for its rich color and texture.
- The leather used has been selected for its natural irregularities and scars enhancing the wear characteristics of this shoe.
- This ultra-lightweight shoe will protect your feet effortlessly as you tread through all life’s adventures.
- There’s no need to compromise on comfort – or features – for style with the gobi barefoot boots.
- The original, un-fussy desert boot.
- Its shape is inspired by the original desert boot but designed with a leather lining, lightweight construction, and removable thermal insoles for extra comfort.
- The cushioned footbed gives underfoot comfort, while its light construction allows flexibility in every step.
- From exploring the mountains to wandering the streets of a distant city, Gobi is a chic urban boot for the serious traveler.
- Its simple design makes it comfortable to wear and durable enough to handle any adventure.
- It’s easy to slip in and out of and features a timeless leather upper paired with our seamless integrated rubber platform sole for superb traction on any surface.
- The next time you hit the road, take gobi along.
Vivobarefoot Men’s RA II Classic Oxford
The following Vivobarefoot has an excellent 76% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
The VIVOBAREFOOT RA II is a lifestyle shoe designed for men who want to experience the sensation of going barefoot but still feel secure wearing shoes.
Using a unique combination of rubber and leather, our designers have created a unique sole that offers you barefoot freedom, while still offering stability.
This award-winning design allows your feet to engage with the ground in a whole new way; allowing you to feel the subtle textures under your feet. The flexibility and durability of the uppers make this shoe equally at home strolling through the city or lazing on the beach.
Sensible. Stylish. A pleasure to wear. The RA II lace-up from Vivobarefoot is all these things and more…
A classic style with a modern twist, this men’s dress shoe is built on the same platform that has made these running and training shoes so popular. The upper is made from premium leather and holds everything together with an elastic gore system. The sole is natural rubber – grippy, shock absorbing and flexible to allow your feet to move naturally.
- The men’s RA II Classic oxford from Vivobarefoot can be worn with pride.
- It might not look like the most conventional footwear, but its classic simplicity is instantly recognizable.
- The leather upper ensures comfort and durability are not compromised while maintaining a minimalist look.
- A classic leather oxford shoe that combines style and comfort. Comfortable, stylish, with a barely-there feel.
- The RA II Classic Oxford is a smart lace-up with classic detailing and a timeless look.
- Featuring all of the natural foot movement of our Free-range, this stylish Oxford shoe is perfect for any business or social occasion.
- With the leather uppers taken from one hide, each shoe is an individual work of art.
- The supple yet strong upper and ultra-thin sole gives you total flexibility, whilst allowing your feet to engage with the ground; giving you barefoot freedom.
- A super-soft yet strong leather upper mated to an ultra-thin non-marking rubber sole lets your feet breathe and engage with the ground.
Vivobarefoot Primus Trail Fg Mens
The following Vivobarefoot has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Open your door to the world of barefoot running with Primus Trail Fg. This versatile off-road shoe is designed to let you get back to nature with grippy, low-profile lugs for maximum performance and movement.
The recycled breathable mesh upper offers a lightweight fit that will keep you cool on warm days, and the TPU toe cap protects against stones and other debris.
Designed to let you get back to nature with grip, arch support and minimal weight, the Primus Trail FG features breathable mesh for hot summer days, grippy traction over rocks, roots and mud, and a low-profile lugs for a natural stride.
The breathable textile upper won’t trap in sweat and supports your foot’s natural movement to keep you fresh all day long…
Vivobarefoot Primus Trail Fg Mens, Recycled Breathable Mesh Off-Road Shoe with Barefoot Firm Ground Sole
Moving gives you a great view of the world around you and the feeling of freedom that comes with stepping off the beaten track. With Primus Trail FG, enjoy extraordinary grip in a freeride shoe that’s built to be comfortable no matter where your adventure takes you.
- The Primus Trail FGs are ultra-mobile, barefoot shoes that offer unparalleled grip and off-road stability.
- The injection-molded Vibram sole unit features a grippy, low-profile forefoot for superb natural traction on uneven surfaces.
- The Primus Trail FG is perfect for off-road adventures, hiking, and sightseeing.
- Weighing in at 287 g, Vivobarefoot’s most lightweight barefoot shoe with a trail-running sole.
- This shoe allows you to experience the freedom of being barefoot while feeling protected with 6 mm lugs and double rock protection.
- The ideal shoe for your adventures whether forest, tundra, or cityscape.
- Designed for the well-equipped explorer, Primus Trail FG provides effective traction without sacrificing the barefoot feel that our customers know and love.
- The latest in the range, it’s packed with multiple waterproof innovations and technical details like SmartLacing for a perfect fit and flexible but tough recycled mesh upper.
In summary, Vivobarefoot shoes build on the natural characteristics of bare feet by integrating the freedom and protection of going bare with a range of innovative sole technologies.
By combining the biomechanical needs of running, walking, and standing with biomechanical science from the past 30 years, Vivobarefoot delivers a range for every activity and environment with flexibility, response, and durability.
You may also be interested in… Is Mountain Hardwear A Good Brand? (Durable Outdoor Apparel) and Is Quechua A Good Brand? (Outdoor Clothing & Camping Equipment)