Did You Know Zero Gravity Chairs Can Improve Your Health?
When we think of zero gravity chairs, we typically imagine recliners that allow us to relax and catch a few winks. However, this particular type of chair offers plenty of other benefits as well…
It is not just about relaxation but also about improving your health in many ways such as reducing stress and blood pressure.
Did you know?
Relaxing in a zero gravity chair can reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes, and other conditions caused by poor blood circulation, and help you work better. It can also relieve tiredness caused by long periods of sitting.
And that is fantastic news for larger people and even more exciting is the fact that you can find some very highly rated options to accommodate your large frame.
I have listed the top 8 options below with zero gravity recliners ranging from 500 lb weight capacity to 350 lbs.
There is also a lot of great options in the 300 lb range that I haven’t listed here because we can get big, wide, heavy-duty options with higher weight capacity and excellent to amazing ratings.
In a hurry?
|500 lb||I have listed two 500 lb options below but by far the best oversized zero gravity chair is the Coastrail Outdoor Oversized Zero Gravity Chair Padded XXL with plenty of heavy people putting this top-rated zero gravity chair to the test with fabulous results.|
|350 lb||This weight range really produced some incredible chairs with four different brands producing zero gravity chairs with AMAZING ratings and they all would be a great buy however the one that has the highest ratings with a huge 84% of reviewers ging it 5 out of 5 stars is the PORTAL Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair|
500 Lbs Weight Limit – Coastrail Oversized Zero Gravity Chair
The Coastrail oversized zero gravity chair is a great summertime accessory to have for any outdoor family gathering or just hanging out on your patio and in fact, many owners of this chair love to use it indoors as well.
With a padded frame, it is soft and sturdy enough to support up to 500lbs. With this excellent weight limit, the Coastrail is the best oversized zero gravity chair for heavy people. The anti-gravity feature makes it easy to lay back and relax while still having full support, and the durable 600D polyester fabric and powder-coated steel tube frame are rust-resistant.
This lounger is lined with full-length thick bungee cords to provide extra support and comfort. It has an excellent 73% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from Coastrail reviews:
I am 320 lbs. (Not bragging) and I have room on the sides. This is hard to find. Some chairs claim to be XXL but then the seat is barely over 20 inches. This chair is very sturdy but light weight enough to carry under one arm.
- This is an XXL chair. BIG. The padding is good. If you are 200 lbs or over you want this chair. I’m 225lbs 5ft 11. Very very comfortable.
- It actually stays where you put it even without the locks engaged, the balance is wonderful and it reclines WAY back.
- I’m 6’3 and 350 lbs and there’s still room!
- This is a really heavy-duty and incredibly comfortable outdoor lounging chair that is built to last and built for relaxation!
- Very satisfied with this chair, big enough not to worry about fat people.
- I am 200 lbs man, no problem for me. Very comfortable, it is not heavy.
- Fully extended you just about lay flat for that nappy.
- This chair is awesome. I’m 5’10 tall and weigh 240lbs. this chair holds me easily. I can lay completely back.
- I like that it’s extra big in terms of width and the armrests are fantastic.
- There is room on the side of me and I have big hips. Best lounge chair I ever bought.
It Is Really Extra Extra Large And Has A Very Impressive Weight Capacity Of 500 Lb.
Coastal’s oversized zero gravity chair is the quintessential porch and beach chair. This comfortable oversized deck lounger with wide padded arms and footrest makes an ideal destination for relaxation all summer long!
It also makes a great place to watch the game, read a book or just enjoy some time with friends while away at your cabin. This heavy-duty zero gravity chair can be used on both damp and dry surfaces, so feel free to lounge all over the property in comfort.
The Coastal Oversized Zero Gravity Chair you are looking for is the perfect place to sit back and relax on those hot summer days whether you are at the beach or your favorite fishing hole…
- The chair is much wider than I expected, also wider than all the ones I have owned. This is a big bonus to large size person like my father who comes over and enjoys sitting on it.
- Comfortable, even for the really big boys!
- I was skeptical at first, but it seems to hold my 6’4, 400lbs frame just fine. It’s pretty comfortable for stretching out on the patio and enjoying the weather.
- This chair is everything the description says it is; sturdy and perfect for the Big Guys!
- I am 6 ‘ 3” thus not a small man and this chair holds my weight with no fear of tipping over or breaking down.
- The chair holds my solid 375lb frame with ease. If I could’ve branded this chair it would have been a perfect BIG BUBBA ZERO GRAVITY CHAIR!
- Strong chair for a BIG man.
- If you’re a bigger person (I’m 6′ 310 pounds) this thing is awesome.
- Best big size chair ever. Comfy!
- It’s pleasantly large enough for big guys! I’m 6’ 300lbs and it’s super comfortable
This Chair Is Sturdy And Large And Could Not Be Any Easier To Use In The Laying Down Position Or Sitting Up.
This heavy-duty zero gravity chair is designed wider than average. The unique wide seat of this chair is 32.75″ wide, an inch wider than most recliners, which means more relaxing space. It’s more comfortable to sit in it for watching TV or reading a book for a long time.
Give yourself the luxury and comfort you deserve, this chair will help you relax and take it easy unlike any other beach recliner chair on the market today!
It is suitable for those of you who want to stay in your outdoor chair for a long time because it can provide you with a more relaxing space. Its comfortable seat and backrest let you feel relaxed in summer.
Even if you are a big and tall person that wants to enjoy the day outside, this chair is your best choice. It is oversized and has a 33″ width. This super large outdoor recliner will add more seating room to your yard and patio.
Oversized with a wide and spacious design, this zero gravity chair is perfect for comfort. This oversized outdoor recliner makes you feel like you’re floating on air! Whether you enjoy relaxing in the sunshine or watching your favorite show, you’ll be able to sit back and enjoy the extra space…
- I’m a big guy 285lbs I love how sturdy the chairs are. Well built and surprisingly comfortable. My wife is a little woman and she loved them as well, she can curl up or stretch out.
- The extra width and size make a BIG difference! The CoastRail offers big man comfort.
- It has wider armrests which give me a large space to sit.
- Our new favorite chair! Love the roominess for my large tush.
- I reclined on our back porch and was asleep in minutes given how comfortable the chair was.
- There is a lot of room in this chair. It is definitely made to accommodate large people and offers ample room for comfort and is built to last.
- It’s pleasantly large enough for big guys! I’m 6’ 300lbs and it’s super comfortable
- Just what I was looking for is a chair that has a large capacity which I need.
- I’m an ample-sized individual and I often feel furniture will NOT support my bulk but this chair is VERY weight friendly I’m 6’2 350lbs.
- Definitely can support the weight limit. I love how roomy and wide it is.
500 Lbs Weight Limit – Goplus Zero Gravity Recliner Chair
This zero gravity lounge chair is oversized and makes you feel as if you are floating in the air. This recliner chair is ideal for reading, playing games, watching TV, or even just relaxing.
This chair is also strong enough to support up to 500 pounds, making it perfect for any sized adult, and is a great recliner for both indoor and outdoor use.
This heavy-duty zero gravity chair is the ultimate way to decompress after a long day, featuring an oversized build with a thick padded seat and back area for maximum comfort and support. It has an excellent 71% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from Goplus reviews:
I bought this for my husband who is 6’4”. He is on his feet all day so when he’s on break and lunch he sits back and gets his feet up. He absolutely loves this chair. He is the envy of his shop. Other guys have asked him about it and where he got it.
- Great Big Mans Chair!
- This chair is a very nice and sturdy chair, it can stand the weight of a larger person.
- Big man comfort.
- This is a solid chair. It has been used daily by a guy who is near 300lbs. and he states it’s comfortable to use.
- It’s sturdy. I’m 6’1″ and 220 pounds. The chair is roomy and supportive.
- I bought this for my husband and he really likes the comfort and sturdiness, he’s a beefy guy.
- This chair is sturdy, roomy & comfortable!
- Worth every penny!
- I tried it and love it! It’s very comfortable and easy to fall asleep in.
350 Lbs Weight Limit – PORTAL Zero Gravity Lounge Chair
This oversized zero gravity chair is the perfect piece for anyone looking for added comfort and style while sitting. The heavy-duty zero gravity chair features a steel frame and can support 350lbs, making it ideal for lounging and watching TV, reading, or napping.
The padded seat and backrest are built for comfort, and the reclining back allows you to choose the position that is most comfortable for you. The seat is equipped with a pillow top cover for added comfort.
Forget about the after-work stress and sit back in the PORTAL’s plush zero gravity lounger with adjustable headrest. This is the best oversized lounge chair that can easily accommodate lanky 6 footers, while the free-standing design lets you position it however you’d like.
The chair also folds for easy storage and transport. It has an AMAZING 84% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from PORTAL reviews:
I am 5’7 and weigh 307 lbs… This chair is everything I ever needed for it to be. When I sat down there was no worry whatsoever – immediately it felt sturdy and secure. It leans back without issue too. This is a chair that was made for larger, heavier bodies in mind and it shows.
- This is the most comfortable portable chair I have EVER sat in and has impressed everyone else who’s sat in it.
- If you’re around my weight (307 lbs) and looking for a chair you won’t ever need to worry about breaking, this is it!
- I am 6’2“ 210 lb and have more than enough room on this chair. It’s sturdy and I don’t worry about tipping.
- The material is a good thickness and very firm, and my 200+ lb frame felt very secure relaxing in it.
- He’s a big guy and loves the fit and stability vs your typical chair from a large shop.
- Wow, what a great chair. Big, sturdy, and super comfortable. Exceeded my expectations! And the pullout table with a cup holder is awesome.
- Great deal and love the oversized fit for a big man!
- I’m a big guy it’s a great chair very solid and very comfortable.
- This is such a comfortable chair. It is springy and easily supports weight.
- This is the best zero gravity chair I have ever owned, it’s wide and sturdy and lays back to the most comfortable position possible.
- It’s great to catch a good sleep in the yard after a day worth of yard work.
- My partner and I both fall asleep easily in it, and our friend recently used it as a guest bed when visiting. All three of us are over 220 pounds.
- If you’re a short fat person, this is what you’re looking for.
- Feels Very sturdy and holds my fat butt pretty good.
- This chair is super comfortable, extra wide, has a padded seat.
- Being a 370lb guy at 6’2″ finding a sturdy enough chair has been challenging. The search stops here. This is wide enough to be comfy.
350 Lbs Weight Limit – Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Oversized Recliner
Taking a seat in this timber ridge zero gravity chair, you’ll understand why it’s a must-have for any outdoor enthusiast. The heavy-duty aluminum frame is rust-resistant and powder coated for durability and features a padded headrest, adjustable footrest, and a padded high-density sling seat.
It also features a locking mechanism that keeps the chair in a locked upright position, so you’ll avoid having to reposition the chair every time you get up. The zero-gravity recline allows you to sit back and take it easy and can fold up for easy storage.
The Timber Ridge oversized folding chair is ideal for outdoor recreation, camping, dorm rooms, patio, and garden applications. The chair also folds for easy storage and transport. It has an AMAZING 80% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from Timber Ridge reviews:
I am 325 lbs and feel completely safe reclining in this as its frame is sturdy with no wobbling. The seat is wide enough that the arms do not dig in at the hips or upper thighs.
- Well made, comfortable, and oversized. Supports 350 lbs.
- LOVE the comfort of this heavy-duty zero gravity chair (about 6′, 225 lbs). It is extremely sturdy, not like the old-fashioned web lawn chairs.
- My father-in-law is 6’6″ and the chair fits him well even though his feet hang off about 2 inches. He’s already fallen asleep in the chair and really enjoys it.
- This was a great Father’s Day gift!
- I absolutely love this chair. I’m a bigger person (5’8” and 280 lbs) and this chair is super comfortable and sturdy.
- The reclining mechanism works very well. I am almost 230 lbs and the chair is super roomy and sturdy.
- I’m 6’2 250 lbs and it works great.
- A gift for my son who is 6’5″ 250 lbs. so the larger chair was a must, he and his friends tried it out and they love the comfort.
- I am 6′ 5″ and 250 lbs this is a sturdy comfortable chair, great support.
- These chairs are great for camping to lay back and watch the stars or take a short nap.
- I’m 275 lbs and the chair was solid and recline very sturdy.
- Bought this for my husband, and he loves it. He’s 6’3″, 260+ lbs, and the chair is comfortable, sturdy, and big enough for him.
- I’m 5’10” and 240 lbs and this chair has room to spare. Everyone who sits in it winds up falling asleep.
- It’s a chair designed for bigger people so it needs to be built to withstand some weight.
- I’m 280 lbs and the chair holds up well under me. It’s really comfortable too.
- I loaned it to my 280 lb. brother-law, as he was having back trouble. He said it really took the pressure off of his spine.
- My husband love’s this chair. It is so comfortable and it holds his weight and size. 300 lbs, 6’8″. He can also take it with him when visiting others.
- I’m a pretty big guy (6’3″ 330 lbs.) and I was very comfortable sitting and reclining in it.
350 Lbs Weight Limit – EVER ADVANCED XL Zero Gravity Recliner
This patio chair will keep you comfortable for hours, featuring a plush oversize seat and a large pillow for neck, head support adjustable to your comfort level. It has a steel frame with a powder-coated finish for durability and rust resistance. You can fold it flat for storage or transport.
This innovative oversized recliner is constructed to provide the utmost comfort with the highest quality materials. It also has an AMAZING 80% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from EVER ADVANCED reviews:
I am a large man, 290 lbs, and this is by far the best camp chair I have ever owned. It provides full back, head, and leg support and reclines quite comfortably.
- Would recommend this heavy-duty zero gravity chair for a big man (I’m 6’4″ 305lbs.) It is very sturdy.
- The size is good. I’m 6 foot and 230 lbs. It’s just right for me.
- I am 230 lbs chair that is very comfortable and strong. You can easily fall asleep in it. Reclines very far back.
- These chairs are awesome. I’m a big girl (250lbs) and these chairs have plenty of room.
- I am 6’4 235 lbs of a sexy dad bod. This chair is great, it’s sturdy and cozy.
- This is a great recliner. I am a big guy and it is hard for me to find a zero gravity chair that I can comfortably sit in. This one fits the bill. It is wide and long and very comfortable.
- I was surprised how big the chair was, with so much room and very comfy.
- These chairs are very wide which is another plus. Everybody compliments me on them and asks where they can buy them.
- Perfect for larger people wide and sturdy.
- It is wide, tough, supportive, easy to get out of, easy to operate, and with some added cushions, exceedingly comfy.
350 Lbs Weight Limit – GOLDSUN Zero Gravity Lounge Chair
This Oversize XL Zero Gravity Chair has a capacity of 350lbs; it will fully recline and will give you ample back support. Recline it all the way back and place your feet up on the footrest for that ultimate comfort experience.
Enjoy a nice cold beverage in the integrated cup holder, or set your drink on the side table. The top-quality polyester fabric is durable enough to give you years of luxurious enjoyment, and it is water-resistant; so feel free to use this comfortable recliner chair outside.
The Zero Gravity position ensures that your body will be properly aligned and comfortable. No longer do you have to sacrifice comfort for style. It is also one of the best zero gravity lounge chairs you can buy with an AMAZING 80% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from GOLDSUN reviews:
We purchased 4 of these chairs to put on our deck at the beach. Very comfortable yet easy to fold up and bring in during storms. They have been very sturdy and even the plus size people that have used them told us how comfortable they are.
- These heavy-duty zero gravity chairs will accommodate very large people with comfort.
- It is big, wide, and comfortable, I’m a guy 5”7’ and 270 lbs for me it’s perfect.
- If you are a big guy or a big girl this is the chair to buy.
- So comfortable plenty wide enough for my more to love body.
- These chairs are comfortable and sturdy, It’s very extra wide and easy to recline.
350 Lbs Weight Limit – LUCKYBERRY XL Zero Gravity Chair
LuckyBerries brings you the most comfortable and popular oversized zero gravity chair at an unbeatable price. The LuckyBerry Deluxe Oversized Padded Zero Gravity Chair is big, extra comfy, and extra supportive. It truly is the ultimate comfort and relaxation for any outdoor enthusiast.
This is the ultimate chair for outdoor viewing at a sporting event, or watching the sun go down with a refreshing drink. It also has an excellent 78% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from LUCKYBERRY reviews:
My dad loves this heavy-duty zero gravity chair and he’s a big guy. 6’2 probably 340. My brother also tried it out. And he is 6’4 about 320. They both fit comfortably.
- I have a big-size brother weighing 300 lbs. so I bought this chair for him when I come to my home to play 2k. He said the chair is excellent, leg support is good.
- These are well-built heavy-duty comfortable chairs.
- 6’3″ tall, Big Boy, and this chair is the deluxe model that has Soooo MUCH room.
- I am an adult male, 220 lbs (sigh…) and this thing are so comfortable that I managed to fall asleep in it several times.
- It is comfortable sitting in it and when tilted, it is almost a flatbed.
- I’m a big guy (300+), and this chair is big and comfortable and very sturdy. The pillow adjusts nicely under my head.
- Nice for the extra-large person in your life.
- This was wide enough and perfect for my Neurospa to put on the chair and relax.
- Built for a large person. Feels sturdy and well made.
350 Lbs Weight Limit – PHI VILLA XL Padded Zero Gravity Chair
Designed for LARGER framed adults, the PHI Villa Oversized XL Zero Gravity Recliner with Cup Holder is a must-have and one of the top zero gravity chairs for heavy people. This oversize chair has a padded head and armrests for extra comfort, a pop-out footrest, and a tilted backrest that makes it easy to lie down in (180-degree recline).
Don’t let its larger size fool you, not only is it designed for larger people but it’s also fully adjustable so you can be comfortable no matter how tall or short you are. It has an excellent 75% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Example of comments from PHI VILLA reviews:
This chair is sturdy, well made, good looking and nice and big!!! Easy to fold and pack in the vehicle too. Perfect for my husband and he’s a big guy!!!
- I am 6’5 and 300+ lbs. These chairs hold up very well. When I sit, the seat doesn’t give. They are very comfortable.
- Hubby’s a big guy. Yet he’s comfy in this and it’s sturdy for him. He’s 6’5 and around 300 lbs and he fits well in it.
- Really nice solid BIG chair. I am 300 lbs and am comfortable in this heavy-duty zero gravity chair. It’s solid and wide and looks nice too.
- Very comfortable. My husband is 350 lbs and it is very sturdy.
- It is wide enough for my hubby (a big fellow) to sit in while wearing his coat and pistol and not be cramped, like most other chairs.
- This chair is extremely comfortable. I’m a big girl and I have plenty of room and it feels solid & sturdy.
- Great chair for my big butt. Hard to find a chair that fits let alone is sturdy.
- I highly recommend this chair for the big and tall men.
What Is A Zero Gravity Lounge Chair?
Zero gravity lounge chairs are just that, chairs that allow you to recline and lie back, which helps you to feel weightless. It is perfect for anyone who has trouble sitting upright on traditional furniture when trying to relax.
So, what is a zero gravity lounge chair? Simply put, it is a reclining seat that allows you to lie down and completely relax as if you are actually floating in outer space (or maybe the weightlessness of an airplane).
The way regular lounge chairs work is the weight of the user is evenly distributed across the bottom and back to avoid tipping. A zero gravity lounge chair on the other hand operates differently. It has a flexible base that allows it to completely recline at any angle. No matter how much it tips, there’s always a point where it’s completely horizontal and maintains your body in an ergonomic position so you can sit, read or watch TV without having to hold yourself up at all.
Ever have a day when you just feel like doing nothing? That is exactly what the zero gravity lounger provides for you. This piece of furniture has been recommended by chiropractors as one of the best ways to relieve stress and muscular pain.
Zero Gravity Lounges are chairs that are the ultimate in relaxation.
What Are The Benefits Of Zero Gravity Chairs?
One of the biggest advantages that you don’t hear many people talking about is the fact that these chairs are portable.
As a big person, there is nothing more embarrassing than being invited to someone’s house and running the risk of damaging their chairs. Even knowing they might be thinking that is embarrassing.
Now you can just bring one of these chairs with you wherever you go – a fantastic solution!
The use of zero-gravity loungers has been linked to improved circulation, increased energy, increased productivity, relief from back and muscle pain, and the general feeling of well-being.
Zero gravity lounge chairs can be used while watching TV, reading, listening to music, and while at work. They can also be very useful in the workplace for people whose desk
The term “zero gravity chair” is a bit of a misnomer. These chairs do not actually create a zero-gravity experience; however, they do offer a reclining position that is similar to lying down in bed. Because of this position, they also offer a host of health benefits. These include:
– Improves circulation
– Opens up airways to assist breathing
– Relieves back pain
– Reduces stress on joints
– Reduces swelling
– Stimulates blood flow
– Relieves muscle tension
– Improves your mood
– Improves mental clarity
In summary, every zero gravity chair on the list above is excellent. Obviously, if you are very overweight the big 500 lb chair is the way to go.
If you need a chair for a heavy person then you won’t find a more comfortable chair than these excellent outdoor zero gravity chairs. In fact, I think you will find them so comfortable that you might even use them inside as well.
If you come in under 350 lbs then the choices are abundant with plenty of amazing options and you really just need to pick the one that you like the look of because you really can’t go wrong with any of them.
You may also be interested in… Best 500-lb. Capacity Heavy-Duty Portable Chair: Big Man Approved and Fat Guy Friendly Belts: Best Belts That Don’t Dig Into Your Belly