As an obese man, I have tried and worn out numerous shoes over my time, and usually because I go for the cheaper options that are not really suited for someone of my generous weight capacity…
If you are a fat or heavy guy when buying shoes there are two major considerations you need to look for… You need footwear that has a nice thick cushioning effect when you walk and shoes that are wider to accommodate your obese feet.
Yes… I said obese feet!
I remember years back talking to a friend about shoes. I can’t believe how once I was a size 10, but now I am a size 13.
He just leaned over towards me and quietly said, “You know as you have put on a lot of weight over the years that your feet are getting bigger too, don’t you?“
Oh dear, what a revelation… Talk about not being the sharpest tool in the shed! I couldn’t believe my naivety… Oh well, I know now that as your belly grows, so do your feet.
Let’s look at some of the best shoes for fat people…
Fat Sneakers: Walking Shoes For Overweight Men
The following product has an excellent 74% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Skechers men’s Vigor 2.0 Trait Memory Foam sneaker is specifically designed to help you achieve your goals for good health with its shock-absorbing responsive ride, multi-directional flex control, and great stability.
A memory foam insole cradles the foot with every step… The contoured heel provides all-day comfort.
Let’s see what heavy people had to say about this shoe…
Skechers Sport Men’s Vigor 2.0 Trait Memory Foam Sneaker
Great fit and comfortable…. Surprised I enjoy these shoes so much…. I definitely appreciated the wide width too, given how difficult it is for me to find shoes that fit my fat feet.
- I’m obese and these are the best shoes that I have ever owned!
- Fat-footed guy, with too many years in hockey skates…. These shoes are awesome.
- What every fat man needs is on his feet eight hours a day.
- They are extremely comfortable and I have a wide 3E foot.
- The wide width is perfect for my foot.
- I keep coming back to these shoes…. The heel stays put, and the toe box is wide enough for me.
- This was my first pair of wide-fit shoes and I feel like I’ve been missing out my whole life.
- If you have problem feet like me (wide, sensitive to tightness, prone to need extra support and flexibility) these will be a great find.
- I was very pleased that they fit my wide feet comfortably without any squeezing or tightness and the memory foam – despite some other complaints – seems to really make these an extra comfortable shoe.
- “Oh, wow!”… The extra-wide size was a plus for me too.
Fat Flip Flops: Sandals For Overweight Men
The following product has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Get the Adidas Alphabounce Slide shoe and let the style do the talking…. These stylish, everyday sandals feature a slip-on design for easy on/off functionality.
The lightweight, one-piece mesh upper provides premium breathability and comfort while the adjustable webbing strap offers a secure, custom fit.
The molded EVA footbed, combined with the soft textile lining, adds extra cushioning while an abrasion-resistant rubber outsole provides traction and durability…. These men’s sandals are an ideal partner for your casual or active lifestyle and can withstand all that you throw at them.
Let’s see what overweight people had to say about this slide…
adidas Men’s Alphabounce Slide
I use these for around the house to keep my feet from getting sore…. Being overweight, I’ve done some damage to the tendons in my feet and the pain flares up if I spend a lot of time barefoot…. I have 2 pair of these, one for around the house and one for going outdoors…. Love them and haven’t had any complaints yet.
- Firm and cushioned…. Very comfortable…. I have purchased 6 others and none of them compare to these, especially if you are overweight.
- These have been fantastic…. Lots of cushion and a wide base for my wide feet…. The sole looks like a basketball shoe’s sole.
- The outer sole is big and wide enough to feel like that of a sneaker, and the super bouncy inner sole keeps your feet feeling pampered all day.
- I recommend these for people with wide feet…. They are very cushiony and comfortable.
- These are especially nice if you have a wide foot.
- I personally have wide feet so finding a good sandals is hard but these slides can accommodate my feet.
- My son loves this shoe! He has a very wide foot, so he has to have a slide that is adjustable, yet supportive…. He is very happy with this one!
- I have wide feet and this fits great and is comfortable.
- These slides are the best pair I’ve ever owned…. I have flat and wide feet…. The extra cushion supports my arch very comfortably.
- I have foot issues plus a wide foot…. These are god sent feel great on my feet.
Fat Loafers: Comfortable For Overweight Men
The following product has an excellent 79% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Expected Gomel Slip-On Loafer is ideal for those in need of extra cushioning and a smooth ride…. Slip-on construction and an elasticized goring system make the shoe effortless to wear…. A soft textile lining offers a premium feel, as well as odor resistance and easy wipe-clean capabilities.
Let’s see what fat guys had to say about this loafer…
Skechers Men’s Expected Gomel Slip-On Loafer
So my brother is a big guy…. He is extremely heavy, and has a hard time finding shoes wide enough for his feet…. Well, these shoes have the comfort he needs when walking…. He would only wear shoes when he left the house…. NOW, he wears shoes IN THE HOUSE! And these are the shoes he loves to wear!
- My fat feet hurt…. These are the most comfortable shoes I’ve had since my hip surgery 5 months ago.
- If you’re overweight and need a shoe with a comfortable impact, then this is the perfect shoe.
- Love love love…. I’m very overweight…. Shoes, well, they….hurt…. these? Awesome…. They’re light and comfortable…. Breathable.
- The relaxed fit works well for me because I have wide feet (usually E or EE) and these shows are perfect.
- I would highly recommend these shoes to anybody…. It’s also nice that they come in wide sizes.
- I have wide feet and was looking for a shoe that was visually appealing, comfortable, AND came in my size…. Luckily, I ran across this shoe and it’s been great wearing them for everyday use.
- My husband has a wide foot so he was thrilled these easily affordable slip ones were available.
- My dad has Diabetes and needs wide shoes…. These are perfect.
- I am using these shoes for work and the standing desk, I have big wide feet and am comfy to stand in.
- I wear wide-size shoes, this shoe is very comfortable to wear and to walk in, and the size is correct they fit perfectly.
Fat Dress Shoes: Comfortable For Overweight Men
The following Powerbass product has an excellent 79% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
These Dockers Men’s Trustee Oxford Dress Shoes feature leather uppers with an abrasion-resistant coating that feels supple in your hand while looking polished and professional on your feet.
The shoes also feature a padded collar and tongue, cushioned footbed for all-day comfort, and slip-on design, and are built to weather the demands of your busy day.
Designed to make a statement while being exceptionally comfortable for your feet…. It feels good to look good.
Let’s see what larger men had to say about this loafer…
Dockers Men’s Trustee Leather Oxford Dress Shoe
I wear these shoes everyday as a teacher…. I love my work boots for the weekend, but these are tough enough to get me through the week…. I do a lot of moving around and standing in front of the class, but feet fatigue doesn’t seem to bother me…. I am a bit overweight, so they get some abuse.
- My husband has broad feet and these casual dockers are just right for him! And they are stylish…he can dress them up with a suit and casually with jeans!
- It’s hard to find a great versatile work shoe for him in wide width – and these fit the bill!
- Fits perfectly…. The wide width makes the shoe very comfortable for those with wide feet, especially when wearing it all day long.
- Having wide feet, it can be a struggle to find decent shoes at reasonable costs…. So my needs were: a nice Oxford-style shoe to match my business casual attire, all-day comfort for long distances, and wide width.
- I bought them in wide width and they fit exactly as I would expect.
Shoes for fat men differ from regular shoes in a few key ways… First, they are designed to provide extra support and cushioning for larger feet…
Shoes for fat men typically have wider midsoles, deeper toe boxes, and higher insteps to accommodate the extra weight and size of the foot…
Additionally, shoes for fat men often feature reinforced toe boxes and technology such as extra cushioning in the heel and arch areas to provide extra support and comfort.
The best shoes for fat men depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of activity they plan to do, the size and shape of their feet, and the amount of support they need…
For example, if a man is looking for shoes to wear while running, then a pair of running shoes with extra cushioning for shock absorption and arch support would be a good choice.
There are a variety of different types of shoes for fat men, and the best type of shoe for any individual will depend on their specific needs and preferences…
For everyday wear, fat men should look for shoes that provide plenty of support and cushioning… Athletic shoes such as running shoes, cross trainers, and walking shoes for walkers are all good options for everyday wear.
The most popular shoes for fat men depend on the individual’s style preferences, as well as their lifestyle and budget… Generally speaking, shoes with a wide toe box, such as those with a rounded or square toe, are the best choice for fat men.
This is because they provide more room for the toes and can help to reduce any discomfort caused by tight-fitting shoes… In terms of style, there are a variety of options available for fat men.
Some good options for shoes for fat guys standing all day include sneakers with a sturdy, supportive sole and ample cushioning, as well as clogs or mules with a wide, stable base and a padded footbed.
If you are a larger individual who is required to stand for long periods of time, it is important to wear shoes that provide proper support and cushioning to reduce the strain on your feet and lower body.
Here are a few factors to consider when looking for the best shoes for fat guys standing all day:
Arch support: Proper arch support is essential to help distribute your weight evenly across your feet and prevent strain on your heels and toes. Look for shoes with a contoured footbed or insole that provides good arch support.
Cushioning: Shoes with ample cushioning in the sole can help absorb shock and reduce fatigue on your feet and legs. Memory foam or gel inserts are good options to consider.
Fit: Make sure that the shoes you choose fit properly and have enough room in the toe box to allow your toes to move freely. Shoes that are too tight or too loose can cause discomfort and foot pain
Breathability: Look for shoes made of breathable materials to help keep your feet cool and dry, which can reduce the risk of blisters and other foot irritation.
Durability: If you are standing for long periods of time, it is important to invest in shoes that are built to last and can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
Summary of Facts
- Shoes for fat men are designed to provide extra support and cushioning to accommodate larger feet.
- Shoes for fat men are typically wider and deeper than regular-sized shoes, allowing for more room in the toe box.
- Many brands offer a good selection of shoes in a variety of sizes and widths to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Shoes for fat men are often made with extra cushioning and arch support to help reduce foot pain.
- Shoes for fat men are available in a variety of styles, including sneakers, sandals, boots, and dress shoes.
- Shoes for fat men are typically made with durable materials such as leather and synthetic materials to ensure long-lasting wear.
- Shoes for fat men are often designed with extra-wide soles to provide better stability and balance.
- Shoes for fat men are often equipped with extra-deep treads to provide better traction.
In summary, fat people, like everyone else, need good shoes that can be worn on a variety of terrain.
Most fat people need large shoes with wide-toe boxes…. Buy at least one full-size larger than your usual size…. Avoid any sharp-edged shoes or boots which cut the top of the foot.
When buying online, be aware that sizes may be different according to different makers and models…. Sometimes it is best to try them on in a local store to examine the features of the shoes.
You may also be interested in… Is Skechers A Good Brand? (Comfortable Shoes For Everyone) and Fat Guy Beach Chairs: Huge 1000 lbs Capacity For Heavy People