"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
|>>>> Save Money With TODAYS DEALS - See what discounts you can get today!|
You Can Put This Fire Pit On Grass
Discover the best portable fire pit for the backyard that doesn’t burn your grass. This popup fire pit is lightweight, never rusts, and has a heat shield that leaves no trace of a fire.
It looks fabulous in your backyard or on your patio and is the perfect portable fire pit to take on camping trips.
Fire pits are great sources of backyard fun. They mesmerize kids and grownups alike with their warmth, light, and crackling sounds. Fire pits also serve as the perfect places to cook hotdogs and marshmallows.
The Best Portable Fire Pit For Backyard That Doesn’t Burn Grass or Rust & Is Perfect For Camping
Pop-Up Fire Pit | Portable and Lightweight | Fullsize 24 Inch | Weight 8 lbs. | Never Rust Fire Pit | Included Heat Shield for Leave No Trace Fires
Watch the following video presentation by the creator of this product and you will see a full demonstration of how portable it is, how easy it is to set up, how to correctly set it up, and how quickly it is to set up, and some great tips as well…
A Portable Fire Pit That Doesn’t Burn Grass!
The Pop-Up Fire Pit is a portable fire pit that you can take and use anywhere. It includes a carrying case so you can easily transport it from place to place, and it’s foldable so you can move it around your backyard as needed. When you’re finished using the fire pit, simply pull on the attached handles, and it will neatly fold into a square shape. The carrying case makes it easy to store under your bed or in your closet.
Here Is What Consumers Said About This Portable Fire Pit For Backyard:
The pit is perfect for our occasional backyard fires! (My husband didn’t want to damage our grass or install a permanent pit, but I really wanted my kids to experience the fun of roasting hotdogs and smores occasionally–plus it’s a great way to clean up backyard tree debris and have fun at the same time!) This pit is the perfect middle ground for us, and everyone is happy…
- With the open screen design and heat shield, the fire is very easy to start and the heat shield helps protect the surface underneath the fire pit such as grass, patio, etc.
- The heat shield works 100%, just follow the instructions and you won’t have burned grass or a melted heat shield.
- Get the heat shield option, when you put your hand underneath it there is absolutely no radiant heat so it protects the grass or whatever surface you put it on.
- I had a Cub Scout Pack campout on a ballfield and couldn’t make a proper fire pit. This saved the grass and saved the day!
- Easy to set up and put away. My dry grass did not catch fire.
- The heat shield works…you can put your hand under the heat shield and you don’t feel the heat at all.
- I was skeptical about the heat shield, but after my friend stuck her hand under the pit and there was no heat, I went from yeah right to that’s awesome!
A Portable Fire Pit For The Backyard That Doesn’t Rust
We have a fairly small backyard, and I wanted to be able to have fires on nice evenings without having to deal with a cheap (and mostly immovable) fire pit. My previous pit stayed too hot to move after the fire, it scorched the grass and was flimsy and prone to rusting.
This pit solves all of those issues wonderfully. I can quickly build a fire, and just as quickly extinguish it and put the cooled-down pit away in the garage afterwards…
As well as being convenient, the lightweight design also makes it incredibly easy to move from place to place. The steel construction means that this fire pit will last for many years and will not rust making it long-lasting and durable.
I love the fact that it is mostly made out of aluminum so it won’t rust and also makes it lightweight. The most pleasant surprise was how quickly it cooled down after use.
- It was cool enough to touch and move around within 2-3 mins of dumping the burned wood.
- I purchased the popup pit for my backyard and to take tailgating and camping.
- It holds great fire to sit around at the campsite or backyard and makes clean up easier.
- I especially like the lightweight aluminum and stainless steel construction for use on the water (no rust).
- This works fantastic. Set it up in my backyard and it has proven durable and I have had really nice fires in it.
- I love how I can bring the firepit to state parks and have it in my backyard for making smores with family!
- Super fun! Great start if you are thinking of a backyard fire pit but not easy to make the commitment to construction. Easy up and down. Safe.
It’s A Very Good Portable Fire Pit For Camping
This item is extremely handy for camping, tailgating, fishing, hunting, or any outdoor activity where you need to get a fire going quickly.
I bought this because we were going camping where above-ground fires are mandatory. It assembled easily, packs up the same size as a camping chair, and sturdily held a roaring fire that was the envy of all of our camping neighbors…
The unique design allows it to be packed down to a fraction of its original size and stored away in the included carry bag, which makes it ideal for camping trips, outdoor concerts, and anywhere you want to enjoy a fire.
For car camping, at your home, a party in the park, or on a river canoe/raft trip this bad boy is amazing. We love camping & especially good campfire.
- Everyone we have shown it to says it a great idea. We’re very happy with this purchase. Camp on!
- I love this fire pit. I used it to cook my food while camping (my friend bought the grill and I bought the pit), it takes up minimal space and outperforms the non-portable fire pits.
- It cools down very quickly which is nice for having to pack up quickly.
- Very satisfied with this “fire pit!” Have a small camping trailer and was looking for the “perfect” fire pit. This is the one.
- Bought this and set it up for a 3-day camp. It worked amazingly and got many compliments.
- We got this for a last-minute fall camping trip and so glad we did. We can also utilize it in our backyard during the cold winter nights.
- This fire pit is definitely a must-have for camping. 2 thumbs up.
- Best fire pit I’ve ever used.
- We camped in the mountains in December and had lots of fires for extended periods of time.
- The mesh allowed air to flow through making the starting of the fire so easy.
- As the fire burned, the continual airflow made for fantastic campfires.
- This pop-up campfire pit exceeded expectations. It is the solution if you are looking for a portable campfire pit.
- The family and I love this fire pit! So easy to set up and break down, takes up less space than a camp chair.
- It is the best campfire pit in my experience. Needs very little wood. Easy start—no more smoke.
- This is one of the best investments for camping and family gatherings. So easy to assemble and the fire begins easily
A Portable Fire Pit For RV Owners And For The Beach
The Pop-Up Fire Pit is the first truly portable wood or charcoal-burning fire pit. It is made with aircraft-grade aluminum, stainless steel hardware, and powder coated finish that is stronger than any other portable fire pit for outdoor use.
We bought this for our RV and it’s perfect. Easy to pop up and down. Stores easily in carrying case. Easy to clean. Lightweight so it doesn’t add extra weight to our camper…
The design incorporates a patented safety feature that keeps it closed when not in use. When you are ready to enjoy your fire pit, simply lift the handle and the lid pops open.
The Pop-Up Fire Pit features four collapsible legs that fold down into two hard rubber feet that keep it secure on even the wettest grass or softest beach sand.
The Pop-Up Fire Pit is a great tool for camping, beach trips, bonfires at a friend’s house, or any other outdoor destination.
- This is awesome for RV owners. We use it often and we love it. Very easy to set up, and takedown.
- Excellent little pit for RVer’s and camping where you need to have a fire pit for a campfire. I used it to cook my food as well while camping.
- Very useful for RV travelers. So far satisfied with the performance.
- I purchased this because we frequently camp in RV parks where you can supply your own fire pit but I didn’t want something that would take up a lot of space in my storage compartments.
- We bought this for traveling in an RV, and I prefer using this to even firepits at the campground! It’s easy to set-up, and because it has airflow underneath it, it starts quickly and burns pretty much completely.
- Totally impressed! I can put the bag on the back of my Ebike to take to the beach. Easy setup.
- We used this to have a fire on the beach. It was so nice. Very impressed with this product.
Other Excellent Portable Fire Pits:
We have finished doing further research on this one and it is an amazing portable fire pit and you can read more about it here… Best Portable Propane Fire Pit (Warm Camp Fire Without The Smoke)
What To Put Under A Fire Pit On Grass?
You can place a fire pit directly on top of the grass. However, certain precautions are required to make sure that there is no damage to the grass.
Safety is, of course, the primary concern but you also want to prevent damage to the grass. Fortunately, there are several ways to not only protect the grass but also keep everyone safe.
There are a number of different things that you can use as a protector for grass and a stabilizer for your fire pit. The following are some recommendations…
Fire Pit Heat Shield
As the name suggests, a heat shield is a barrier that is specifically made to shield a surface from heat damage. It can be used on any type of flooring, e.g. wood, concrete, grass, etc.
Once you have put the heat shield under your fire pit, you won’t have to worry about it damaging your grass.
Heat shields are easily available on the market and most of them provide a barrier for up to 2,000 degrees. They are fairly cheap as well.
A great example of a fire pit heat shield is the following…
The fact that this fire pit heat shield is elevated from the ground is an added advantage to look for when buying a heat shield.
This particular fire pit heat shield not only can protect your grass it is excellent for patios, wood decks, and other areas you want to stop burning.
Fire-Resistant Mat For Fire Pit
Heat shields offer great protection but they are a little bulky. If you are looking for something easier to maneuver, then it is recommended that you consider a fire-resistant mat.
Fire-resistant mats are highly portable, making them a great product to put under a fire pit on the grass.
They are relatively larger though. In fact, some of them are larger than heat shields. So, keep your specific needs in mind when buying one.
Ember Mat | 67″ x 60″ | Fire Pit Mat | Grill Mat | Protect Your Deck, Patio, Lawn or Campsite from Popping Embers
What is especially good about this ember mat is how portable it is and how many different circumstances you can use it.
This fire pit mat will not only stop your grass from burning it can also be used on decks, patios, balconies, and is ideal for camping sites.
Brick Pavers or Patio Slabs
Using brick pavers or patio slabs is a simple and cost-effective solution. You can pick up a few at your local hardware store and put them under your fire pit.
After using the fire pit, don’t forget to move them off the grass so that there is no risk of grass damage.
While moving them is not really mandatory, it is a good practice because it minimizes the risk of compression or other undesired effects on the grass.
If you don’t want to buy anything extra to put under your fire pit, then you will be glad to know that there are other options available.
However, keep in mind that you risk damage to your grass by not putting anything under your fire pit.
Eventually, the excessive heat will lead to your grass turning an undesirable brown color.
Soak the Ground with Water
Soaking the ground with water is the easiest and the cheapest solution to preventing damage to the grass.
It is a viable solution because as the fire pit starts to heat up, the water evaporates before any damage can be done.
You will need to make sure that the grass is liberally soaked and not too much saturated that it becomes waterlogged.
Otherwise, it may not be able to provide a sound, solid place to put a fire pit.
Move the Fire Pit Around
If you put the fire pit in a single location, it will lead to compression, hence damaging your grass.
So, you should move it around the yard to avoid compression and make sure that it is in a safe location.
Further reading: Is Quechua A Good Brand? (Outdoor Clothing & Camping Equipment), Is Kobalt A Good Brand? (Reliable Tools For The DIYer & Tradies), and Is Alpine A Good Brand? (Very Good Speakers, Subwoofers, Radios)
In summary, you can make a case for just about any of the portable firepits mentioned above as they are all very good products.
However, we are sticking with the Portable and Lightweight Pop-Up Fire Pit as our best portable fire pit for backyards as it fits all of our requirements including the very important fact that it doesn’t burn your grass.