Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
What Is The Yamaha Brand Known For?
The emergence of Yamaha as a global brand is largely due to the development of quality musical instruments. Therefore, it is not surprising that Yamaha-made musical instruments have been very popular all over the world for quite some time now.
Music has always been an expressive art form, allowing people to communicate their feelings and speak from the soul. The making of music requires no words and is a liberating experience for all.
For those who play musical instruments, playing also serves as a way for them to express themselves whether alone or with others.
Yamaha keyboards are music instruments that are considered high end in terms of build, quality and sound. The Yamaha company has a long history with musical instruments that is an excellent demonstration of the quality of instruments they produce.
While the brand is known for being a top manufacturer of keyboards and musical instruments, there’s a lot more to the brand than that. For example, many Yamaha instruments are designed to be portable, meaning they can be taken from place to place, wherever the artist may need to play.
And many Yamaha instruments are designed to be easy to use, which is helpful for beginner musicians who are just learning to play.
Let’s look at 11 of their best-selling Yamaha products and see what customers think about the brand and its products…
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Portable Keyboards
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 84% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Yamaha PSRE373 61-key portable keyboard is a touch-sensitive instrument that delivers an unheard-of level of realism–along with the warmth, depth, and expressiveness, only Yamaha synthetic ivory keytops can provide.
The built-in speaker system features large 15cm cone woofers that handle deep bass frequencies and smaller 4.5cm cone woofers for crisp highs–for the realistic sound, you’ll want to hear again and again.
The Yamaha PSRE373 is not only portable, it can also be equipped with an optional stand to convert into a compact and convenient piano keyboard for use on stage or in the classroom. The 61-key touch-sensitive keyboard features Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action for a more authentic piano feel. The large bright LCD display allows you to control both the sound and effects with ease. And the One Touch Preset function makes it as easy as possible to store your favorite tones and settings.
Create an unforgettable experience with the PSR-E573 Portable Keyboard from Yamaha. Boasting 61 touch-sensitive keys that feature Graded Soft Touch action, a responsive AC power adapter, beautiful styling, and a top-of-the-line sound, this keyboard is a must-have for ambitious students and seasoned pros.
The stylish design and dust cover make this digital piano a modern addition to any studio or classroom environment…
- The PSRE373 is a 61-key portable keyboard with a sophisticated sound engine that reproduces orchestral instrument tones and powerful drum patterns.
- New Mode buttons provide quick access to selections from melody, bass, drums, and more for an even wider spectrum of musical styles.
- The streamlined PC Music Library Manager software application puts thousands of preset songs and standardized lessons within easy reach across the PSRE373, Yamaha’s S90ES/S80ES Series, and Casio’s CTK Series keyboards.
- Yamaha Education Suite II allows you to master specific musical techniques or genre styles with a one-touch setting.
- The PSR-E363 is Yamaha’s complete digital portable keyboard solution for beginners and enthusiasts.
- It features 61 touch-sensitive keys that are ultra-responsive for an authentic piano playing feel, plus the same sound creation technologies as the flagship keyboards in the Yamaha family.
- The MP3 input lets you play along with your favorite songs, and you can adjust both the Voice and Style settings to create your own unique sound.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Digital Pianos
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 80% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
The Yamaha YDP144 is a great digital piano for people who want to take their piano playing to the next level, but not do it on a budget. Now if you’ve never played the piano before, you will probably want to start with a cheaper one with fewer features.
However, if you’ve already got some experience with a piano and you know that you want to continue learning, the YDP144 will be a great investment.
The YDP144 is the first Arius model Yamaha has created that uses their new Advanced Wave Memory Stereo Sampling. This allows you to playback your favorite songs with the sound they were intended to have.
The Yamaha Arius YDP-144 delivers the best value in its class with performance and quality that match more expensive pianos. The sophisticated design features an elegant high-gloss Dark Rosewood finish on select rosewood veneers and a black satin finished back and sides. Its compact yet full-size movement offers a delicate touch, making the YDP-144 ideal for a wide range of music styles.
From the first time you play, you’ll appreciate the warmth and beauty of the Yamaha YDP-144 Arius piano. The compact design fits well in smaller spaces, yet has a full 4-inch deep soundboard for booming bass tones and crisp highs.
Whether you’re a beginner or advanced player, Yamaha’s YDP Series pianos offer outstanding quality and value. Enjoy the artistry of this amazing instrument today…
- The Yamaha Arius line is a perfect choice for the discerning student, and for those just getting started.
- This family of pianos offers outstanding value with their traditional design, expressive tone, and durability.
- The YDP144 features a solid spruce soundboard for a rich tone and a two-piece rosewood veneer cabinet for improved resonance.
- The Yamaha Arius Series YDP-143 and YDP-144 pianos provide traditional flair and modern performance in a compact package.
- Whether your goal is to learn how to play or you are already a seasoned performer, the Arius Series has been designed with the serious musician in mind.
- Yamaha Arius Series pianos are designed for the aspiring musician or hobbyist who wants to experience a level of sound quality, beauty and craftsmanship found in higher-priced models.
- Each instrument was created through Yamaha’s uncompromising commitment to producing the finest musical instruments in the world: touch, tone, and action provide extraordinary levels of expression, while cosmetic features such as rosewood casing, hammer shaping, and soundboard inlays create remarkable visual appeal.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Arranger Workstations
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 82% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Workstations are a type of digital piano that is designed to be used as an all-in-one solution, giving you the feel and sound of a piano with the convenience of a digital instrument. With a workstation, you get a piano, a synthesizer, a MIDI sequencer and arranger, and a mixer all in one instrument, which means you can create music in a variety of ways.
The Yamaha PSRSX900 is a great example of a workstation, offering plenty of features without being overly complex, and it fills a nice niche between the PSRSX7 and the top-of-the-line PSR-S950.
The Yamaha PSRSX900 Arranger Workstation keyboard is an arranger keyboard with superior sounds, effects, and controls, and it’s a terrific choice for those who want to lay down professional-sounding tracks. This is a keyboard that’s built to handle a lot of performance, and it can be used in a wide range of settings, from the stage to the studio to the home.
The Yamaha PSRSX900 is a keyboard workstation that features an Arranger Workstation format. In addition, it has many of the sophisticated features that Yamaha has included in their flagship keyboards for years…
- In addition to the great variety of organ, piano, harpsichord, synth, and other standard sounds it provides, it also supplies some rarely heard effects such as the gamelan or the sound of a Russian balalaika orchestra.
- With a sleek, player-friendly workstation design, the PSR-SX900 offers a dramatic new look and feel.
- The slim body and lightweight are ideal for musicians with a love for the stage, but also make it well-suited for use in the home.
- A damper pedal is also included for more realistic piano sounds.
- Enjoy the luxurious action of a Yamaha keyboard.
- The PSRSX900 features a weight-controllable, graded hammer action ( Graded Soft, Graded Medium, and Graded Hard) with a touch and velocity-sensitive design to give you lighter playing for shorter phrases and heavier playing for longer intervals.
- The PSRS990 is a keyboard workstation that combines high-end musical performance with versatile features that make it easy to create professional sounds and arrangements in any style.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Synthesizer Workstations
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 81% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Anyone who’s after a big sound in a compact body will want to check out the Yamaha Montage8. It has 88 weighted-action keys, so you can really dig into your music — plus large valves that run over 18 volts of power.
If you’re a solo performer and you travel with your keyboard, you’ll appreciate the Soft Handle feature, which effectively cuts the weight in half. And if you’re more of a hands-on learner, there are dozens of ready-to-play Vocal and Piano Style lessons built right into the Montage8.
The Montage8 88-key Synthesizer Workstation features a SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine that lets you express just how good (or bad) you are – with a keyboard that has a realistic wood surface and hammer action. It comes with a set of built-in sounds that include drum, bass, synth, and lead sounds, as well as an 800-voice polyphony piano. Add in the instrument expansion boards, and you can add as many as 8 additional sounds to the Montage8.
Unlike many other workstations and keyboards, the Montage8 has been designed to emulate the action of a real piano as closely as possible, as well as the familiar layout of a traditional piano. This makes it a fantastic choice for piano players looking to expand their pedalboards…
- An advanced sound and editing features make the Yamaha Montage8 a powerful addition to any studio, while its enhanced graphic interface is simple enough for an inexperienced musician to use.
- Montage8 delivers the ultimate in expressive, versatile sound. Its 88-key weighted piano-style keyboard is perfect for expressive playing and recording of instruments like piano, strings, and electric piano.
- The Montage8 gives you access to an infinite palette of sounds offering 8 independent voices per patch, a high-resolution 5.7-inch full-color touch display with on-screen parameter control, plus powerful DAW integration.
- A newly formulated slim keyboard with a hammer-action keybed, The Montage8 delivers a responsive feel and natural weight that makes it perfect for performing live or recording.
- New sound engines with numerous high-quality tones and voices.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Stage Synthesizers
The following Yamaha product has a good 68% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Yamaha YC61 is a 61-key keyboard that is meant to serve as a low-cost MIDI controller for those looking to give their midi-capable software a boost. The YC61 is a smaller keyboard, one that is meant to be easy for the average musician to pick up and start playing.
It has no screen or display, so it does not offer the budding composer many options for making music. However, it does give access to a range of organ-centric samples and presets that make it a great choice for a beginner keyboardist.
Yamaha’s portable YC61 organ is a great choice if you are looking for a compact stage keyboard with a classic organ sound. The compact 61-key instrument is powered by two built-in speakers so you can always play and practice. With its sleek design and distinctive appearance, the Yamaha YC61 61-key stage organ is a great choice if you want the sound of a classic organ without taking up too much space.
The Yamaha YC61 is the perfect stage keyboard for bands or keyboardists that need to control an external sound module. With 61 velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keys, you have access to all of the ins and outs needed in today’s music world…
- The Yamaha YC61 is a powerful stage performance keyboard designed for playing organ hits.
- This 61-key, piano-style keyboard features an Enhanced 3D sound engine for extra realism and a brighter sound.
- The Natural Wood Key Touch feature creates the feeling of using real weighted wooden keys when playing along with your favorite songs.
- Its Portable Grand feature simulates the sound of a real baby grand, while its Intelligent Acoustic Control function adjusts to your playing style.
- This stage keyboard features 61 touch-sensitive keys that produce warm, realistic tones and textures, and are ideal for piano, organ, or other keyboard sounds.
- The YC61 offers a full range of expressive tools, including a comfortable, rounded key bed for natural playability, an easy-to-use arranger section for playing chords and creating original patterns, and built-in speakers.
- The YC61 is an addition to the Yamaha YPT line of keyboards.
- It has 61 keys, and 6 different voices built-in.
- This keyboard also features a new type of key known as the TruTouch keys which are designed so that pianists can play the piano with the same precision as that of a grand piano.
- In addition, the product package will include two-foot pedals, so that the pianist can have more control over their playing when connected with the keyboard.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Digital Saxophones
The following Yamaha product has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Yamaha Digital Saxophone (YDS-150) is a digital saxophone that allows you to play music just like a regular saxophone, but with a faster learning curve and a lower price tag. With the YDS-150, you can play music with a saxophone’s tone, dynamics, and expression, just by blowing into the mouthpiece. The reed is made of synthetic material with a thin layer of gold to help with its response.
The Yamaha YDS-150 in Silver and Black is a low cost Digital Saxophone. It has been designed to provide the experience and fun of playing a sax to those that might not otherwise get the opportunity to play an instrument.
Designed to help saxophonists of all levels develop technique and expand their musical horizons—and featuring many more features at a price way below other instruments with comparable options—the YDS-150 is yours for the taking…
- The Yamaha portable digital saxophone is perfect for every student or beginner.
- A sleek compact design and easy-to-use buttons make this a great choice.
- As opposed to a traditional saxophone, this model is easier to move around as it is approximately 20% lighter than many other brands.
- The YDS-150 is a new digital saxophone designed for the modern musician.
- It features a versatile USB interface that allows you to connect directly to your computer and record into a DAW, so you can easily produce your own songs or download new sounds from the free included software.
- And with the built-in speaker system, you can now play anywhere without having to connect external speakers.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Transacoustic Guitars
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 82% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
When Yamaha first introduced the FG-TA in 1977, it was hailed as a breakthrough for acoustic guitars. This unique guitar was the first to feature a built-in pickup so you could plug in and play, and the addition of Yamaha’s unique chorus and reverb effects let you get a fuller, more “electric” sound.
With its cool vintage look and great sound, the FG-TA is an excellent choice for both guitarists seeking a travel-friendly instrument and players searching for a unique sonic flavor.
This Yamaha FG-TA Transacoustic Guitar delivers a rich, traditional tone with solid bass tones and natural sound projection, thanks to its solid spruce top. Traditional non-cutaway dreadnought guitar design is ideal for beginning or more experienced players. Digital controls allow for real-time effects such as chorus and reverb.
If you can’t afford everybody playing through a full band sound system, and you can’t lug a bigger amp around, Yamaha has the solution. The Transacoustic features the FG-TA body and is based on the FG acoustic guitar, but in this case, it is acoustic/electric. It has a built-in amplifier that will make you’re gigging much easier…
- The FG-TA is a great beginner’s acoustic guitar with the features to please intermediate players as well.
- It comes equipped with everything new guitarists need, including built-in Yamaha electronics and tuner, a smooth bound neck and back for easy learning, and a spruce top for true acoustic sound.
- The built-in chorus, vintage tint neck finish, rosewood fingerboard, and bridge give it the vintage look that players are sure to love.
- The FG-TA is a lightweight acoustic guitar with a spruce top, mahogany back and sides, rosewood bridge and fretboard, die-cast tuners, and a high gloss vintage tint.
- Modern features such as built-in chorus, reverb, and an under-saddle pickup deliver the best of classic acoustic tone.
- This great-value acoustic guitar for beginners comes complete with everything you need to take your first steps in music – strap, picks, spare strings, and a gigbag.
- The FG-TA travels easily, plays well in a variety of musical situations, and is built like the pros’ guitars.
- The easy-playing rosewood fingerboard with unique black and white aging pattern provides excellent playability.
- Vintage-style design elements, including 3-mm Pearloid dot inlays and tortoise pickguard, give the guitar an attractive look.
- Special Yamaha construction concepts provide outstanding responsiveness, lively projection, and superb tonal balance.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Bass Guitars
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 80% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Yamaha BBP35 5-string bass is a hot new ax at Sweetwater. The BB Series offers a wide array of tone-shaping possibilities and features, including a solid mahogany body for smooth bottom end, two high-output ceramic humbucking pickups for rich sound, and more.
The Yamaha BBP35 BB-Series 5-String Bass Guitar, Midnight Blue is a solid-body bass guitar with a semi-hollow mahogany body. The solid spruce top, mahogany sides, and laminated mahogany/spruce arched back provide superior sound projection for this bass. The BB-B Series is the perfect bass for those who want a true vintage-style BB bass with a thinner body.
Designed for bassists who want to play on the extreme side of the musical spectrum, Yamaha’s original BB series rocks a one-and-a-half-octave, fully wide-ranging single-cutaway design with the traditional body style and quick, fast action.
The BBP35 packs a longer scale length, a vintage hardtail bridge, electronics optimized for aggressive bass playing, and 18dB of ultraclear Yamaha Active signal processing…
- Developed for the pro player, the BBP35 is crafted with quality components that make it a great fit for any style or genre.
- The solid, lightweight quilted maple body and matching headstock help create a high-end look and feel, while the center block design helps improve the overall sound and enhance resonance.
- The fast-playing neck was designed with a slim profile, smooth back, and satin finish, making playability easy and giving it an elegant appearance.
- The BBP35 also comes equipped with signature Yamaha electronics: a powerful custom 5-pole humbucking pickup with wide-range frequency response and active EQ.
- The BBP35 is constructed with wood and features a basswood body, rosewood fingerboard, and rosewood bridge.
- It also uses a Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 humbucking pickup.
- The Yamaha BB-Series, and this model, in particular, is aimed at those who are just starting out or are on a tight budget.
- While certainly not in the same class as the 3- and 5-piece folk basses made overseas, the quality shines through once plugged into an amp or P.A.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Desktop Amps
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 83% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Yamaha’s THR series of desktop amplifiers is best known for its clean, simple design that’s sure to match any decor. This year’s model, the THR10II WL, is no exception, with its glossy white finish and aluminum speaker grilles.
But Yamaha didn’t stop there: the company’s proprietary MusicCast technology gives you wireless access to your iTunes and Spotify playlists, with support for Airplay 2 and Google Chromecast built-in.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to appreciate a killer amp. In fact, the Yamaha THR10II gives you a lot of bang for your buck, with a compact design that can instantly inject life into your guitar’s sound. It has a 10″ custom-designed speaker that Yamaha claims is a lot more powerful than it looks, and its distortion effect can go from subtle to over-the-top with the touch of a button. Best of all, it’s wireless.
While you might not need the extra bells and whistles, you’re sure to appreciate the 10W stereo-speaker system, as well as the extra power on tap—the THR10II WL can crank out a whopping 100W…
- The THR 10 II WL is a wireless desktop amp featuring Yamaha’s latest audio technologies.
- Designed for small-scale practice, this amp has a slim tabletop design allowing it to be placed almost anywhere.
- It’s part of Yamaha’s award-winning THR series of amps, which make it easy to jam, record, and play with other musicians.
- The user interface is intuitively laid out with large controls for quick adjustments.
- Use the MIDI input and output functions to integrate the amp with your favorite music software or other gear.
- The Yamaha THR10II is a powerful, versatile amp that’s ideal for recording and performing.
- Because it can be used for recording directly to a computer via USB or to an iOS device with the free Yamaha THR Editor app, it’s also an outstanding way to practice any time, any place.
- This amazing little amp and recorder have a number of ultra-modern features that are sure to make recording even more fun than ever before.
- This ultra-portable and affordable Yamaha THR10II lets you get great guitar sounds everywhere!
- Its compact, low-noise design is perfect for practice or silent recording, and its 10W of power allows the amp to be heard but not overpower a band.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Acoustic Drum Sets
The following Yamaha product has an AMAZING 82% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
A drum kit is a must for any aspiring drummer, and the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch 3-Piece Bop Drum Shell Pack delivers. This drum set includes a 14″x5″ snare drum, 18″x22″ kick drum, and 7″x10″ tom.
It also features birch shells that produce a fuller, more resonant sound. With four lugs on the tom and three on the snare, you can get a wide range of articulation when playing. For extra comfort and durability, the inner bearing edges are rounded off.
The Yamaha Stage Custom Birch 3pc Bop Drum Shell Pack is the ideal drum set for beginner and intermediate players. The birch drum shells produce a warm, mellow tone with crisp, defined attack. Each drum also has double-braced legs for added support.
The Stage Custom Birch drum shell pack provides the basic essentials for a drummer getting started with a solo setup. The 18-inch kick drum is the main tone generator of the kit, and this kit includes that piece along with two matching 12-inch toms to help lay down some grooves…
- You will notice the fine details and craftsmanship in each piece including the chrome, triple-flanged lugs, and Yamaha’s 4-Tone lugs.
- All 3 drums are made with birch wood resulting in a crisp tone that can stand on its own or fill in nicely with other parts.
- With its true vintage sound that has attracted the pros, the Stage Custom Birch is the natural choice when you’re ready for a warm, full-bodied tone with the crisp attack.
- All Yamaha drums are made 100% in on location in our Hiroshima factory.
- We take pride in building our drums with a commitment to quality craftsmanship and performance.
- All three drums are constructed from birch and feature a natural wood finish for a warm sound.
Yamaha Is A Good Brand For Electric Drums
The following Yamaha product has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Designed for today’s most demanding applications, KP100 offers an 8″ dual-trigger zone pad with a wide dynamic range. The new RX-8 rack trigger module incorporates Yamaha’s legendary RX series sound engine and high-power amplifier in a trayless design.
This is the ultimate electronic drum kit that delivers power and velocity anywhere from jazz-lite to metal—and everything in between.
The Yamaha KP100 delivers professional performance in a compact footprint. In fact, you’d be hard- pressed to find a better value for your dollar, whether you’re shopping in the entry level — or stepping up to wireless capabilities.
The Yamaha KP100 Electronic Drum Coated Kick Tower allows you to enjoy everything about playing the drums in a compact and convenient way. When you are looking for something that is easy to set up and features top-notch components, the Yamaha KP100 is your best solution.
Along with the top-notch components, it comes with a USB port where you can plug in your iPad or other music devices and play along. Also included are amazing features like a drum key and 3 single-zone pads for fast action response and so much more!..
- The KP100 Kick Tower provides an excellent way to mount a bass drum or tom to your Yamaha KD or YPT-200 stands.
- Easy to install, and designed to work with several types of kick drum heads (Sox, Remo, Evans, Aquarian, and Yamaha) the KP100 will help you get set up and sounding great in no time!
- Yamaha is a brand known for its high-quality instruments.
- But, some of us might not know that Yamaha not only has a great line of acoustic pianos, guitars, brass instruments, and drums but also a great collection of electronic drums.
In summary, Yamaha is a brand that specializes in musical instruments. Yamaha is a Japanese corporation known mainly for its musical instruments, but it also produces commercial audio and home video equipment, motorcycles, and power products such as boats and snowmobiles.
Yamaha is a leading manufacturer of musical instruments and accessories and has a long and storied history—one that stretches back over a century, and through a number of mergers and acquisitions.
Today, they remain a giant in the business and are known for making high-quality acoustic, electric, and digital instruments.
You may also be interested in… Is Moog A Good Brand? (Theremins and Synthesizers For Musicians) and Is Fender A Good Brand? Acoustic & Electric Guitars (Amplifiers)