Why Tommy Hilfiger Is So Expensive?
Tommy Hilfiger is a brand that’s renowned for its relaxed, casual, American-chic vibe…. Catering to more budgets than many other brands, yet somehow still expensive, there are many reasons why Tommy Hilfiger is worth its price.
Tommy Hilfiger is so expensive because, compared to other mass-market brands, the quality of the brand’s clothing and accessories is excellent…. A world-renowned lifestyle brand that caters to both men and women, they’re popular among celebrities as well as the average population.
In the rest of this article, I’ll explore all the reasons why Tommy Hilfiger is so unique, what makes it such a high-end brand, and which celebrities have been known to don this brand at major international events.
What Is Special About Tommy Hilfiger?
Philanthropic ideals and fantastic quality at a reasonable price are what is special about Tommy Hilfiger. With longstanding relationships with various charities such as Save the Children and WWF, they certainly have a thing about giving back to the community.
- Branded by its trademark name, Fashion that Wastes Nothing and Welcomes All, the brand’s objective is to produce sustainable clothing that benefits everyone with climate change in mind.
- Tommy Hilfiger, the designer, went through a lot at the beginning of his career, including bankruptcy—so he vowed to show the next generation of designers the best ways to move forward…. In 1995, the Tommy Hilfiger Corporate Foundation was launched to enable the youth of America to thrive.
- Tommy Hilfiger is also known for the quality of its clothing…. The nature of the brand’s manufacturing process allows it to create high-value clothes and accessories that mass-market products don’t have.
- That means the hefty price tag on a Tommy Hilfiger jacket is undoubtedly worth it; made from sustainable fabrics and built to last a long time, paying a bit extra for the quality is certainly recommended.
- Lastly, the luxury brand is known for its classic American casual styles, showing that being American is sustainable and fashionable at the same time; even their brand colors of red, white, and blue are a declaration of cool, American fashion…. Of course, the price tag factors this in.
Is Tommy Hilfiger High-End?
Tommy Hilfiger is undoubtedly considered a high-end brand…. Still, unlike other high-end brands such as Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vuitton, Hilfiger is known as an affordable high-end brand.
Since you can buy Tommy Hilfiger’s clothes and accessories in most department stores in the United States, it may be considered a high street brand…. However, the price tag associated with the brand makes it more prestigious than mass-market clothing stores.
The brand reached peak fame in the 1990s, when blue jeans became all the rage, leading the youth of America in fashion-forward, casual, chic clothing which would last a long time.
Since the brand is renowned for working with several notable celebrities, this is another reason why Tommy Hilfiger is considered a high-end brand.
Is Tommy Hilfiger for the Rich?
Tommy Hilfiger isn’t just reserved for the rich since the prices of Tommy Hilfiger clothing resonate with a relatively middle-class budget in mind…. Most people could buy a piece of Tommy Hilfiger clothing every few months, depending on their budget.
While it may be more expensive than the average high street brand (such as H&M, which tends to be a lot cheaper), Tommy Hilfiger clothing is built to last and of excellent quality, and the price isn’t nearly as high as some brands.
For example, consider the price of the Tommy Hilfiger Women’s Jacket (available on Amazon.com); it’s made of good quality and sturdy materials and is simple enough to go with any outfit…. Considering how durable the jacket is, it’s a far cry from most high-class brands.
While the brand may be a little expensive for anyone on a very tight budget, a middle-class salary could afford these kinds of prices…. Although many celebrities have lauded the brand, average Joes can enjoy it, too.
Who Wears Tommy Hilfiger Clothes?
Zoey Deschanel, Rosario Dawson, Beyonce, and Olivia Palermo wear Tommy Hilfiger clothing…. Since it’s so popular with many celebrities, this is one of the reasons that Tommy Hilfiger is so expensive.
There are a plethora of instances where celebrities have graced the red carpet in Tommy Hilfiger’s attire…. Given that the American brand is sustainable, fashionable, and heralds the casual-cool look with chic implied in the name, it’s not surprising.
- Celebrities such as Zoey Deschanel have worn Tommy Hilfiger clothing and accessories many times at red carpet events, and she even has her own collection at the famous brand.
- Aptly named To Tommy From Zoey, the collection features simple, American-inspired clothing that’s easy to wear and chic to boot…. For daily wear, you certainly can’t get more comfortable than this.
- Other celebrities such as Rosario Dawson and Olivia Palermo have also been known to wear the brand, giving a nod to its sustainability and fashionable style…. Olivia Palermo has presented on her own website the sustainable, glittering, floor-length gown that “makes you feel like you can dance all night.”
- In addition, even Beyoncé had something to say about the famous designer and collaborated with the brand to create her own perfume, Tommy Hilfiger True Star (available on Amazon.com), which is reasonably priced…. It has received good reviews, too.
As you can see, many celebrities endorse Tommy Hilfiger, meaning it must be good…. Their endorsement has led the iconic designer to have a net worth of $450 million, which is certainly deserved.
Having an ample following of A-list celebrities is one of the reasons why Tommy Hilfiger can set such high prices for their clothing and accessories…. Backed by some of the most famous people globally, it makes sense that their price tags reflect this.
As you can see, there are many legitimate reasons why Tommy Hilfiger is so expensive…. While it may seem as though the brand is too expensive for what they’re offering, the prices are very reasonable considering how sustainable and earth-friendly their manufacturing process is.
- Elle: See Zoey Deschanel’s ‘Modical’ Collection for Tommy Hilfiger
- We Are Family Foundation: Tommy Hilfiger
- Olivia Palermo: OP on Her Stunning (and Sustainable) Dress for the Green Carpet Fashion Awards
- Fragrantica: True Star Tommy Hilfiger
- Celebrity Net Worth: Tommy Hilfiger Net Worth
- In Style: Celebrities Wearing Tommy Hilfiger
- Pop Inquirer: Tommy Hilfiger is Trending Because People Didn’t Know He’s a Real Person
- Business of Fashion: People: Tommy Hilfiger
- Zalora: 8 Fun Facts About Tommy Hilfiger
- The Men Hero: Why is Tommy Hilfiger so Expensive
- Gentleman in Brogues: Is Tommy Hilfiger Expensive
- Answers to All: is Tommy Hilfiger a Rich Brand
- Tommy Hilfiger Global: Biography
You may also be interested in… What Is Tommy Hilfiger Sizing Like?, Is Tommy Hilfiger A Good Brand? and Why Is Underwear So Expensive? (Is It Worth to Buy Expensive Underwear?)