What to Wear with Culottes?
Culottes have been a trend for a while now. You can wear them with a pair of flats, heels or boots. Culottes are flattering, versatile, and easy to wear. They look great with a blouse, sweater or even a t-shirt.
You can wear them at the office and for casual outings as well. The best part about culottes is that you can wear them in different ways. There are many ways to style them up and create new looks for yourself.
Culottes are a popular trend amongst women all over the world. From teenagers and students to busy business professionals, everyone seems to be wearing them! They make a great addition to your wardrobe and go a long way in creating a stylish look.
Culottes can be worn in many different ways, depending on your body shape, height, and personal style.
In this blog post, we will tell you how to style your culottes. We’ll also tell you what tops and accessories to wear with culottes, jackets that go with culottes, outfits to wear with white culottes, and much more!
"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
What Tops Can You Wear with Culottes?
You can wear almost any type of top with culottes. The trick is to pick one that will complement the rest of the outfit and not overpower it.
Tops like t-shirts, blouses, tank tops, and button-downs look great with culottes. Avoid forced matching between the two – it doesn’t work! The key is to pick tops that are similar in color or tone but don’t match perfectly. For instance, you could wear a white shirt with white culottes or black culottes with a black shirt.
The type of top you choose will depend on the occasion. For example, if you are going out for an evening affair, you can wear a long-sleeved blouse or turtleneck sweater with your culottes. If you are going to work or have an informal get-together at school or work, then wear a plain tank top with your culottes. You can also go for a shirt with a collar and buttons to dress up your look and make it suitable for more formal occasions.
If you want to make the most out of your culottes, don’t just stop at tops. Add some accessories such as jewelry and shoes to complete your look and make it more interesting.
Blouses are the most common top that women wear with culottes. You can wear them tucked in or untucked depending on your preference. Blouses can be short or long-sleeved depending on your comfort needs. If you’re going for comfort, try wearing a short-sleeved shirt along with your culottes. If you want to look more formal, opt for a long-sleeved blouse along with your skirt or pant. You can also wear a vest over top of your blouse if you’re looking for added warmth during colder seasons.
There’s no limit to how many different blouses you can pair with your culottes. Whether it’s an oversized blouse, button-down blouse, striped blouse, or chiffon blouse there are plenty of options out there to choose from!
Tops with sleeves
In terms of shape, tops with sleeves are the most versatile in terms of style and fit. They can be worn with both short-waisted culottes and long-waisted culottes. Shirts that have been made as separates – such as a kimono shirt – can also be worn with both types of culottes. As for the length, the hem of the sleeves should ideally end at the widest point of your hips or just above it.
Tops without sleeves
These tops can be worn with both short- and long-waisted culottes, but they work best with short-waisted culottes because when you wear them over long-waisted culottes, they tend to make them look shorter than they actually are (unless you have very short legs). When wearing tops without sleeves over short-waisted culottes, ensure that the hem falls at least two inches above your knees. If you have long legs and would like to show them off, try wearing these tops with jeans or trousers that are longer than your culottes.
Culottes and vests go hand in hand. Vests are ideal if you want to add a splash of color or pattern to your outfit. Throw on an all-black outfit with a bright red vest and you’ll look like you stepped straight off the runway. Vests also work well with other pieces of clothing like cardigans, blazers, and jackets. Keep the vest simple because it will be the center of attention in any outfit.
Clothing accents such as belts, jewelry, and scarves can also turn a regular top into something more exciting and fashionable. For example, try belting a loose-fitting top around your waist to create flared trousers or dressy trousers. A scarf over your shoulders is also an excellent idea.
What Jackets To Wear with Culottes?
When it comes to what jackets to wear with culottes, there are so many options! You can choose from a variety of different blazers and outerwear pieces to create a stylish look for any occasion. A sporty bomber jacket or a metallic blazer with gold buttons would look especially chic with your culotte skirt.
The most flattering and stylish way to wear culottes is with a longer jacket that accentuates the shape of your legs. Here are some examples:
- Draped cardigan with culottes – The drapey design on this cardigan is a great match for the casual style of culottes. The length of this cardigan is also ideal, as it should be long enough to cover your bottom.
- Casual longline blazer – One of the key details you want to look out for is the length of the sleeves because they are too short or too long will make you look unbalanced. Culottes with a longline blazer look trendy and chic and depending on how you wear it, you can dress it up or down.
- Crop top blazer – A crop top blazer looks good with short skirts, shorts, and culottes as it gives a more boyish charm to your outfit. This outfit is perfect for a night out on the town or an interview. Its feminine touch makes it appropriate for an office setting if paired with proper accessories like wedges and a clutch bag.
Trench coats and leather jackets are not often considered to be a good match for culottes, though they can be when worn in moderation. A trench coat is a classic look that is perfect for cold weather, but it can be overwhelming if paired with culottes.
The length of the trench makes it appear as if you’re wearing a skirt, which can make you appear frumpy or awkward. Instead, choose to wear a blazer or pea coat over your outfit. Leather jackets are great in colder weather and can look very cool on top of culottes. The modern take on this look is to pair your leather jacket with an eccentric sweater underneath.
What to Wear with White Culottes?
Well, lots of things! Culottes are breezy, fashionable and so comfortable. Culottes come in a variety of fabrics and styles, including denim and leather, so you can be as casual or as dressy as you like.
- Tops – White culottes go with just about any type of top. Try a loose-fitting shirt with a wide neckline, such as a t-shirt or tank top. A slightly more dressy look is a button-down shirt tucked into the waistband of your culottes. And don’t forget to check out our “What to Wear with White Shorts” guide for more ideas!
- Bottoms – In addition to wearing your culottes with tops, you can also wear them with bottoms like skirts and shorts. It’s extremely easy to layer skirts or shorts over culottes if you want to add an extra layer of warmth or coverage.
- Footwear – You can wear white culottes with just about any type of shoe. Sandals or short boots work well for spring and summer weather.
White culottes look great on anyone who is petite as well as taller women who want to elongate their overall appearance. Wear solid-colored culottes for the office or opt for patterned pants if you’re planning on wearing them out for a casual evening.
What Do You Wear with Black Culottes?
Created for women on the go, the Black Culottes are the perfect pants for day to night. Pair them with a blazer and heels in the office, then throw on a T-shirt and sneakers to hit happy hour.
Here are a few ideas for styling black culottes:
- Accessorize! Black culottes have a little bit more room than other types of pants, so you can comfortably fit in all sorts of accessories. If you’re going to be in an area where it’s cold, throw on your favorite pair of tights and boots to complete your outfit. If it’s warm out, try some cute open-toed shoes or sandals.
- Mix it up! Black culottes look great with just about any color top; they match particularly well with blues, pinks, and whites. Try mixing up your tops too; try wearing a casual T-shirt or tank top with jeans one day and switch it up with a cute blouse or dress the next day. Mixing patterns is also a great way to spice up your outfits; try pairing black culottes with leopard print shoes or socks for example.
- Match your culottes to your shoes! Your shoes are the finishing touch on your outfit, so make sure that they match your culottes.
What Do You Wear with Culottes in the Winter?
Culottes are easily worn with your favorite tops and shoes, but what do you wear with culottes in the winter?
It’s getting colder outside and culottes are a perfect transition piece. You can layer them up with tights or some leggings underneath and add a pair of boots or booties.
The easiest way to pull off wearing a pair of culottes in the winter is to wear them with socks and booties! The warmth of the socks will keep your feet warm and you will be able to wear your favorite pair of boots as long as they aren’t too heavy.
One of the best parts about wearing culottes in the winter is that you can layer them over your leggings or tights and still look stylish. But there’s a lot more to wearing culottes in the winter than just throwing on a pair of tights underneath.
- Wear them with tights or leggings or boots. Culottes are a great alternative to pants when you don’t want to wear jeans. Typically, they have a wider leg opening, which makes them easier to pair with tights or leggings. However, wearing boots over the top is also an option and will make your legs look longer than they really are.
- Wear a long coat over the top to cover your bum if your culottes are shorter than you are comfortable with showing off. You may need a belt to keep from having the coat ride up too much at the front and even boots would look fine over the top of culottes with a longer coat.
- Wear them with wedge boots for more height and warmth for your feet. This look is perfect for winter parties because you’ll be covered up from head to toe and look fabulous at the same time.
- Tops with collars are always going to be your best bet when it comes to layering with these pants. A sweater with a collar will add some visual interest, while also giving you some extra warmth. Wear it all the way up or fold down the collar for two different looks.
- Blazers are another great option, especially if you’re going for a more professional look. This can dress up your outfit if you’re wearing jeans and sneakers with your culottes for an errand run but doesn’t feel out of place at the office either. The same goes for vests, which can add a bit more shape to your look without feeling heavy.
- For something more casual, try layering over a light-colored tank top or t-shirt. This makes it easy to strip off an extra layer when you get too hot, but still gives you the option of wearing something a little dressier if needed.
- Hats and scarves are great accessories for pairing with your culottes in winter as well.
What to Wear with Leather Culottes?
You may be wondering what separates leather culottes from pants. Well, they are two garments that are very similar in their shape and design. The main difference between them is that pants have a continuous waistband while culottes do not. This makes culottes more comfortable as you won’t feel a seam rubbing against your hips all day long.
There are also different cuts available, so it’s important to take note of your body type before you decide on one style over another. For example, if you have curvy hips or thighs, you will want to get the higher waisted cut in order to keep your figure looking sleek and slim.
Leather culottes are the perfect fall transition piece. Pair them with a basic tee and sneakers for an easy, comfy casual look. Or dress them up with heels, a blazer, and a button-down shirt for a night out on the town.
Tops and Shoes
If you’re wearing leather pants as an outfit to wear out or to work, you’ll want to keep the top and shoes simple. A basic v-neck tee will work great with these, paired with sneakers or flats.
For a night on the town or dinner out, consider wearing your leather culottes with a blazer, heels, and a button-down shirt. Make sure the top is fitted and in good shape so that it doesn’t ruin your line when wearing the culottes. If you’d prefer to stay away from heels, try wearing these pants with ballet flats instead.
A leather jacket is a perfect addition to these pants! Add one on top of any outfit for an even edgier look. Leather jackets are also a good addition if you’re going to be outside for most of the day in cooler weather, as they’ll help keep you warm as well as protect your clothes from rain or snow.
What to Wear with Denim Culottes?
There are quite a few different ways to wear denim culottes. Whether you’re trying to balance the casualness of denim with more formal pieces or you’re looking for a way to make your culottes more age-appropriate, consider the look you want to achieve as well as the individual items that make up your outfit before getting dressed.
- A key part of wearing culottes is making sure that the bottoms don’t overwhelm the tops. Denim is typically an informal fabric, but the specific cut of culottes can make it seem much more formal than other kinds of denim pants.
- If you’re just wearing a top and culottes you may want to consider wearing a pair of sandals or flats so that your outfit doesn’t look overly casual.
- On the other hand, if you’re pairing your culottes with a long top such as a button-down shirt or sweater, then it’s appropriate to wear boots with your outfit. Just be aware that boots can sometimes add an older feel to an outfit so if you want something younger, try some lighter flat shoes instead.
Pair your denim culottes with any of these options below:
- A lightweight long sleeve shirt tucked into your culottes and a pair of ballet flats will complete your look.
- Wear your denim culottes with a delicate tee and pair them with wedge sandals or ballet flats.
- Wear your denim culottes with your favorite cardigan over them and dress it down with sneakers or flat sandals.
What to Wear with Culottes Plus Size?
Culottes are a terrific choice for plus-size women, as they look good, feel good, and are very flattering. You can wear them to work with a blouse and a blazer, or you can dress them up or down with a casual top, sweater or shirt. Culottes come in many different fabrics, colors, and styles so that you can find the ones that will work best for you.
You can mix and match whatever you like with your plus-size culottes, but the easiest way to make them look dressy is with a top. A button-down shirt, a blouse, and a sweater are all great options.
When wearing a blouse or button-down shirt, choose one that is solid colored and has long sleeves. This will help elongate your legs while still making sure that your arms are covered. It’s important to avoid shirts with large patterns as this will only draw attention to your midsection and make it look bigger than it really is.
Once you have picked out the perfect top for a day of shopping or a night out on the town, you can then pick out which shoes will go best with your outfit.
For casual days or going to the store, try some flats. If you want something dressier or even more casual try some sandals or wedges instead. If you want something really dressy try some heels such as pumps or even stilettos!
How Do You Style Culottes Curvy?
Culottes are a fun, flirty wardrobe staple for curvy women. The boxy shape and swingy leg opening can add volume to your lower half, creating curves where you may not have thought you had any. Culottes look amazing on every body type, but especially curvaceous figures who tend to be shorter in stature.
Trying to style them for an hourglass figure with a short torso can seem like an impossible task because of the way the wide leg opening spills over the hips and derriere. But there are several tricks of the trade to ensure they fall at just the right spot on your body and make you look chic and slim rather than frumpy or dumpy.
Wear a Culotte With A Sleek Top
Culottes look great with a variety of tops, but they truly shine when paired with a sleek, form-fitting silhouette. Cardigans are terrific options because they cover any lumps or bumps in the upper body while nipping in your waist to create an hourglass shape. Try them with cropped sweaters or blouses that fall just above or below your bust line.
The key is to keep the bottom half sleek and put any details on top where they can be seen.
How Do You Wear Petite Culottes?
So how do you wear petite culottes? The most important thing is to keep things balanced.
- Tops should be long enough that your midsection isn’t exposed. A top with a dropped shoulder or a slight cowl neck can help make the top appear longer than it actually is. Also, avoid short tops with leggings. It’s a look that might have worked in the ’80s but not today.
- If you choose a print on your top, choose something large and bold so that your bottom won’t overpower it. Just like with taller women, small prints are best for Petites since they tend to make you look bigger than you are. The same goes for patterns and geometric designs.
- Also, avoid tucking tops into your pants as this can emphasize the smallness of your waist and make your legs appear shorter at the same time. Instead, opt for tops that have great drapes or keep them oversize to camouflage any areas you’re uncomfortable with. A loose-fitting top will also help balance out the way your body appears below the waistline.
Are Culottes Formal?
Culottes are mostly for semi-formal occasions, so leave them at home if you’re attending a business meeting or a job interview. If the invitation is more casual, such as a picnic, wedding or garden party, they’ll be perfectly appropriate and will save you from having to decide whether to wear pants or a skirt.
Culottes are not formal pants. They are typically worn by women on semi-formal occasions.
Culottes are similar to a skirt, but the fit of the pants is snug and is more like wearing leggings or pants. Culottes can be paired with any type of blouse, shirt, sweater, or jacket. Culottes are a great alternative to wearing a dress, especially if you want to be comfortable during any outdoor event.
Can You Wear Culottes to a Wedding?
To answer the question of whether you should wear a culotte to a wedding, probably not. There are some exceptions like if the wedding is winter-themed or something along those lines. But for the most part, unless it says on the invitation that it’s okay to wear “summer formal,” then probably not. You don’t want to be rude by showing up in something that isn’t formal enough for the occasion.
Can I Wear Culottes for an Interview?
There is no definitive answer to this question because it ultimately depends on how you will be dressing for your interview.
If you show up wearing a suit and tie and carrying a briefcase, it would stand out if you were wearing culottes instead of trousers. In this case, it would probably be best to wear trousers to your interview. However, if you are dressing in a more casual style, then wearing culottes would not be considered inappropriate since they are so similar to pants in appearance.
Wearing culottes to an interview depends on your personal preference and what you deem as appropriate office attire. The type of job that you are interviewing for will also make a difference since some offices typically have set guidelines of what clothing is appropriate to wear
Can You Wear Culottes with Tights?
Culottes are a tricky piece to wear since most women are not used to wearing pants that fall above the ankle. If you want to wear culottes with tights, it is important that you pick opaque tights and a perfect-fitting pair of culottes. That way, your outfit will look sophisticated and stylish.
Tights come in different colors and styles including fishnets, cut-out tights, plain colored tights, patterned tights, and many more. Therefore, it is important to choose a pair of tights that go well with your culottes. You can also wear opaque leggings or long socks if you do not like wearing tights.
If you want the appearance of having longer legs, wearing culottes with tights will help achieve that. It helps create additional volume on your legs by extending them slightly longer than normal pants would.
In summary, Culottes come in a variety of fabrics including denim, polyester, wool, etc. As such the combinations can vary from casual to dressy. A sleek button-front blouse will pair nicely with culottes for a professional look whereas a relaxed knitted top with a scoop neckline will add an element of casualness.
The best way to figure out what skirts/culottes go well together is by experimenting with different patterns and textures.
Culottes can be worn as a casual piece but still have a certain elegance to them. This is why they are perfect for work or play. Culottes can also be easily dressed up with the addition of accessories such as jewelry, belts, scarves, and more.
When wearing culottes, keep your top half simple so you don’t take away from your bottom half. It is best to choose a top that does not have too many embellishments on it so it doesn’t compete with your culottes. To make your legs look longer, wear a pair of wedges or heels with your culottes.