What Pants To Wear With Your Shirts
There are many types of shirts, and just as many types of pants…. You know this…. You’ve shopped enough to know that…. And yet, what pants go with your favorite polo shirt? Or one of your flannels? Or even your Hawaiian shirt? It can be tough to pick the right pair.
Pants are an important part of our wardrobe and we need to choose them carefully depending upon the situation…. Here we will discuss how to choose proper pants for any kind of shirt that you wear…
What Pants To Wear With Polo Shirt?
If you wear polo shirts, then you know that they are available in a wide range of colors and styles…. There are also many different trousers that you can wear with a polo shirt.
You can wear all kinds of trousers with a polo shirt including chinos, denim jeans, khakis, corduroys, and even shorts….
Corduroys: Corduroys are similar to jeans in appearance, but they are much more comfortable to wear because they are softer and less likely to restrict your movements…. The material also has a little give, meaning it conforms to your body shape much better than jeans do…. Corduroys look casual and go well with T-shirts and polo shirts alike.
The key is to select the pair of trousers that will help you look your best.
For example, if you work in a conservative environment where dress codes are strictly enforced, then you should avoid wearing shorts or casual trousers…. On the other hand, if you work in a relaxed office environment where most people wear casual clothing, then there is no reason why you cannot wear shorts or chinos.
If you’re going out for a drink or two during the week, jeans and a polo shirt will be just fine…. However, if you’re heading out on a Friday night then you want to make sure that you’re looking particularly smart and polished.
This means pairing your jeans with black dress shoes, a belt, a tie, and a suit jacket…. If this is too much of an effort then opt for dark trousers instead of jeans – they’ll give off a similar casual chic vibe but not look as casual as jeans would.
This is particularly true if you’re heading out on a Friday or Saturday night where people are dressed up to go out clubbing or partying.
What Pants To Wear With Pink Shirt?
Black, charcoal, and navy blue pants are always a safe choice for business formal…. If you’re wearing a pink shirt (or pink accessories), these darker colors work best.
Color-wise, it’s generally recommended that you wear something lighter than the shirt color if it’s more vibrant than pastel…. So, while a dark gray shirt would be fine with gray or black pants, it would be better to wear light gray or another neutral color like khaki with a pink shirt.
If you’re wearing a pastel pink shirt, then anything goes — as long as you don’t go overboard with bright colors that might clash.
Here are some tips on what pants to wear with a pink shirt:
- Pink pants – Of course, this is an option if you want to wear some pink pants with your pink shirt…. There are lots of options out there for different shades of pink pants, and they’ll go quite nicely with your shirt.
- Blue jeans – A staple in most men’s wardrobes, these pants can be worn with just about any type of shirt and they’ll look good together while providing you with some versatility in terms of what you can wear them with in the future (other shirts, other pants).
- Black slacks – These types of slacks are also versatile enough that they’ll work for a variety of shirts and other bottoms without having to worry too much about clashing colors.
- Khakis – As long as these don’t match your shirt, you should be fine wearing khakis with your pink shirt, so long as you pair it with something else that doesn’t match your shirt to make sure you don’t look like you’re wearing pajamas.
What Pants To Wear With Black Shirt?
There are exceptions, but generally speaking, you can wear any pants with a black shirt…. I know that sounds crazy, but if you have the basic knowledge of how to mix color, then you can see why this statement is true.
- Black jeans always look great with a black shirt, as do some dark chinos, but not all of them…. If the pants are too light, they will take away from the shirt and draw too much attention to themselves…. Black jeans are dark enough to match your shirt and generally look good with a black belt.
- Black chinos are also a great choice when wearing a black shirt…. You just have to make sure that the shade of the pant is close to that of your shirt or darker…. If it’s too light in color then it will dominate and distract from your shirt.
You can wear any color of pants with a black shirt.
- Toning down the shirt’s brightness by wearing a muted color on top allows you to wear almost any shade of pants.
- You can also wear white or light beige pants with a black shirt along with a blazer…. This look is stylish and professional.
- You can also wear a black blazer along with dark brown or grey pants for an elegant, classy look.
- If you want to dress up but are not comfortable wearing black pants, go for navy blue trousers instead…. Tuck in your white or light blue shirt and add a pocket square for some flair.
- If you want to make the most of your fashion sense and still have the option of dressing up and down, opt for charcoal grey pants instead of black ones.
What Pants Go with Purple Shirt?
Purple shirts and navy jeans are a classic color combination that is sure to have you looking your best. A purple shirt paired with light grey dress pants will look great for business meetings or even a night out on the town.
White jeans will also go well with a purple shirt if you need something more casual for an evening out…. Just be sure to keep in mind the kind of shoes you will wear when deciding on the color of your pants.
If you want to play up the fun side of this combo, a dark purple shirt paired with black skinny jeans would be perfect for a night out on the town with friends.
If you’re trying to figure out what to wear with your purple shirt, we have some great suggestions for you:
- Dark purple shirt with navy pants
- Purple shirt with navy jeans
- Dark purple shirt with black pants
- Light purple shirt with grey pants
- Dark purple shirt with dark brown pants
- Purple shirt with black jeans
Purple Shirt and Blue Jeans: For the right guy, this can be a great outfit…. Those who wear their confidence well can pull off this outfit without looking like they’re trying too hard…. It also helps if you have an athletic build…. If you’re more of an average Joe, consider wearing this look only when going out with friends or when running errands around town.
Purple Shirt and Khakis: When we think of khakis, we think of the 1990s – but there’s nothing wrong with keeping up with tradition! Khakis were originally made for outdoor activities like camping and hiking, so it makes sense for them to go great with a rich purple shirt.
Purple Shirt and Khaki Pants: Khakis are the most classic choice for a purple shirt…. Khakis look good on everyone and can be paired with nearly any shirt or color…. You can always throw in a brown belt if you want to add some contrast.
Purple Shirt and Black Dress Pants: Black dress pants are a great choice for office attire or formal events…. In addition to looking professional, they also give off a sexy vibe because they don’t have any color when paired with the purple shirt.
Purple Shirt and Black Jeans: Black jeans are another great option for an office event or date night…. They’re more casual than black dress pants so make sure you tone down your accessories if you choose to wear black jeans with your purple shirt.
What are the best colors for a navy dress shirt? Navy blue is a great color for business casual and professional outfits…. It can be worn with black pants, grey pants, khakis, and even jeans…. The reason why the navy works so well is because of its versatility…. You can wear it for work or for play and still look put together.
So what are the best colors to wear with navy shirts? Black, grey, brown, camel, and blue jeans will all match nicely.
Here are some tips on how to pull off this look:
- Black Pants – Wearing black slacks with a navy dress shirt is an acceptable way of wearing navy in the workplace if you want to be more formal than wearing a pair of jeans…. Pair your slacks with a black belt and shoes to complete the look.
- Grey Pants – A nice option that doesn’t scream “I’m trying too hard” is grey slacks…. This works especially well if you’re going to be meeting clients in a business setting as it’s not too formal but not too informal either…. Grey slacks go great with a classic pair of black dress shoes or even brown shoes if you want to add some color to your outfit.
- Khakis – Khakis are good pairings for anything that has a hint of blue in it…. Khakis are great because they aren’t too flashy…. They’re different than most other colors but aren’t obnoxious or ugly.
What Pants To Wear With an Oversized Shirt?
The answer is pretty simple…. Wear pants that are slightly baggier than the shirt…. If you wear them the same size, there will be tension between the shirt and the pants…. The shirt will look like it’s fighting to get out of your pants, and vice versa.
Wear pants that are just a little bit bigger than your shirt, so they can do their job and create some subtle breaks in your outfit…. This way, everything flows easily together.
If you want to wear tighter jeans with your oversized shirt, make sure that you pair it with a blazer or sports coat that is just as relaxed in fit as your top is.
- Chinos: Chinos are great because they come in a variety of shades and styles…. Khaki or olive green chinos work really well with an oversized shirt since they’re both neutral colors that can easily be paired with many different shoes and accessories…. Plus, they’re casual enough that they can be worn while hanging out just as easily as wearing them out on a date.
- Jeans: What’s cool about jeans is that you can either go for a slimmer cut or for a more relaxed fit for your bottoms…. Wearing straight-leg jeans allows the pants to flow better over the top of your shoes…. A slim-fit pair will give you a more put-together look when paired with an oversized shirt and tie.
What Pants To Wear With Hawaiian Shirt?
Tropical prints have become very popular in the last few years, and if you are thinking of buying one, you should know that this item can be used in many different ways…. You can wear it on the beach, but you can also wear it with a nice pair of shoes or sneakers and some jeans or chinos.
Unlike other shirts, Hawaiian prints look great when they are combined with some nice pants…. Even if you never thought about wearing such a shirt with pants, you should know that it looks great!
Pants that match your Hawaiian shirt color stand out; therefore, it would be wise of you to choose pants in colors like white or black which easily goes with any Hawaiian shirt.
The only challenge that may come up is choosing the right length of slacks depending on the length of your Hawaiian shirt…. If your Hawaiian shirt is long enough to cover your upper and lower body then you can go for slacks that are about an inch shorter than your Hawaiian shirt.
You can wear Hawaiian shirts with jeans as well as khaki pants.
Hawaiian Shirt With Khaki Pants:
When you wear a Hawaiian shirt with khaki pants, then you should choose a shirt that is made from 100% cotton fabric…. This combination works best when the Hawaiian shirt is worn in the winter season…. The good thing about this combination is that it always makes you look formal and bold at the same time.
Hawaiian Shirt With Jeans:
You can pair up the Hawaiian shirt with jeans for casual outings and parties…. You can go for this combo if you want to achieve a look that is not too formal, but at the same time trendy and classy.
If you are wearing a Hawaiian shirt on jeans then make sure that the jeans are faded in color and they should be baggy in design so that they can fit in comfortably with the shirt…. If you do not want to wear a belt with your jeans then go for a loose-fitting Hawaiian shirt which will cover your waistline completely despite having no belt on it.
What Pants To Wear with Flannel?
There is no denying that the flannel shirt is back! It’s a classic look that looks great at work and out on the town…. Pair your favorite flannel shirt with your favorite pair of pants for a look that is guaranteed to turn heads.
- Chinos are a great option for fall…. Wear them with your favorite belt and boots for a stylish look…. These pants will be comfortable enough to wear around town or to work…. For a more casual look, wear them with tall boots and no belt.
- Khakis are also another option you can wear this fall season…. They are appropriate to wear to work as well as out on the town…. Wear them with your favorite pair of boots and a nice top to complete the look.
- Jeans are always an option and can be dressed up or down depending on how you style them…. Jeans are definitely one of my favorites when it comes to wearing flannel shirts this season!
In summary, this article has provided you with some ammunition for your next shopping trip…. If nothing else, you should have left here with a few fresh outfit ideas to try out.
As you go about putting together your clothing combinations, consider the colors and patterns that are being used in complementary ways; doing so will help ensure that you look your best…. In the end, the only thing standing between you and the outfit of your dreams is a little creativity.
You may also be interested in… Shirts Like Untuckit, Is Dockers A Good Brand? (Quality Men’s Shoes, Pants, & Shirts) and What Pants Are Business Casual?