What Pants To Wear With Jean Jacket?
If you want to look good, you will have to know how to wear pants with a jean jacket. There are some rules to follow when you want to wear a denim jacket with pants. The jean jacket is not meant for just any type of pants. You need to choose the right pair of pants that will make the best outfit.
Best Pants to Wear with Jean Jacket
When you want to match a jean jacket with your pants, you can use the different colors and styles of jackets and pants. You can get the classic or fitted jeans jackets or even the bomber type if you want something more fashionable.
- But if you want something comfortable, then go for the classic ones. For a more edgy look, rock your jean jacket over your leather pants.
- If you want something trendy, then choose from various types of colors that are available in this season. This is one way how you can mix up your fashion style and make it unique and cool at the same time.
- If it is not winter season yet but yet you still want to wear your jean jacket, then try wearing it over your printed t-shirt dress or any other nice basic dress that will look good in any season.
Here are my top 6 pant choices for wearing with a denim jacket…
"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
1. Skinny Jeans
Skinny jeans are the ultimate staple to have in your closet because they’re both slimming and comfortable. They work perfectly with a jean jacket because they skim over the body and create a nice silhouette that complements the jacket’s relaxed vibe. Pair them with a fitted tee or any loose-fitting garment underneath.
- True Skinny Jeans – These are your best bet if you want to show off your legs. Skinny jeans by themselves can look pretty cool and stylish, but pair them with a jean jacket and they’ll look amazing. Skinny jeans go especially well with slim-fitting shirts without patterns on them (like turtlenecks, polo shirts, etc.).
- Skinny Stretch Jeans – These are basically the same thing as skinny jeans, except they have some stretch to them. That makes them more comfortable than regular skinny jeans while still giving you that slim fit that looks so good with a jean jacket. Skinny stretch jeans will work well with just about any type of shirt or jacket.
- Stretchy Pants – Now we’re getting into loose-fitting territory here. If you want something a bit more relaxed than skinny jeans but still don’t want to wear baggy pants, you may want to consider a pair of stretchy pants. They are slightly less formal than skinny jeans and tend to be just as comfortable.
2. Boot Cut Jeans
Boot cut jeans are an alternative to skinny jeans that look great with a jean jacket instead. They give off a laid-back vibe and can be paired with just about any top. The best part about bootcut jeans is that they are slightly looser than true skinny jeans, so there’s less chance of showing off too much skin and looking inappropriate or even frumpy.
Bootcut jeans are a great alternative to skinny jeans as they offer more ease and casualness without sacrificing style. All you need is the right top to go under your jean jacket!
- Choose boot-cut jeans that are a shade darker than your jean jacket. They should match the color of your jacket’s buttons.
- Wear with a simple white button-down shirt tucked in and dress shoes. The shirt should be long enough to reach your pants pockets, but you can also show off a little bit of your hip by leaving it untucked.
- Spice things up with accessories like bracelets or necklaces and brighten up the look with a simple pair of earrings.
- Finish off the look with a chic scarf around your neck or a hat that matches your jean jacket. Avoid wearing jewelry around the neck or anything else that could clash with either your shirt or scarf.
3. Cuffed Jeans
Cuffed jeans are another interesting way to wear your jean jacket without going overboard on femininity or edginess. Cuffed jeans strike the perfect balance between looking stylish and being practical. They can be dressed up with boots and a nice top, or down with sneakers and a simple sweater.
- Wear a pair of jeans that fits well at the waist, but are a little loose or oversized at the bottom.
- Pull the jeans up until they’re right at your natural waist.
- Fold up the bottom inch or two of the pant legs.
- Use a safety pin to pin the cuff in place if you want it to keep its shape.
A word of caution: Cuffed jeans can make your legs appear shorter, so choose them with care and always wear boots with them.
4. Straight-Legged Jeans
Straight-legged jeans work great with a jean jacket because they evoke the same vibe as a denim work shirt. These days, however, men’s fashion is blurring the lines between masculine and feminine styles. Straight-legged jeans also help to keep your look from being too dressy or quirky.
Straight-legged jeans are the most common type of pants worn by men. They’re worn by both young and older men. Straight-legged jeans are also easy to match because they’re not fancy or trendy. They just look like regular pants that fit well.
One of the most common mistakes guys make when wearing a jean jacket with jeans is pairing it with relaxed-fit jeans. Relaxed-fit jeans are the baggy pants that you see so many men wearing these days.
The problem is that relaxed-fit jeans have a looser, more casual cut than straight-legged jeans, hence the name. They make it look like you’re trying to be too trendy or too flashy, and just come across as looking silly.
When wearing a jean jacket with jeans, you want to stick with straight-legged jeans for the same reason you want to stick with a work shirt: they’re much more characteristic of the style that your jean jacket is based on.
5. Tight Leggings
Tight leggings are one of the most flattering pants for any woman to wear, but they work especially well when worn with a jean jacket. The fitted nature of the pants, along with the form-fitting jean jacket, highlights your curves and gives you a very feminine silhouette.
When wearing jean jackets, it is important to remember to wear matching pants. If you have the option of wearing tight or loose leggings, it’s better to wear tighter leggings.
A tight pair of leggings will make your legs look longer and leaner in contrast with the bulky nature of the jean jacket. It’s also more flattering than loose-fitting pants because they show off your figure more.
If you want to wear this combination, choose a pair of dark-wash tight leggings, which are the best color to pair with a brown or black jean jacket. To add another layer of style to your ensemble, wear a fitted top that just barely covers your rear end.
This will provide extra coverage while also giving you an opportunity to show off your midriff. You should also choose a pair of tall boots that are made from leather to complement your outfit; however, if you want to wear them in warmer weather, select a pair that’s made from animal print or suede instead.
Chinos are an easy answer to what pants to wear with a jean jacket. They’re versatile, but not too casual, and they’ll work at work or after hours. If you’re going casual, wear them with a dark denim jacket and a dress shirt (a button-up will do nicely) for an outfit that’s smart enough for a business meeting but laid back enough for happy hour.
If you’re going for a more casual look, try chinos with a dark denim jacket. Dress it up with a dress shirt and a pair of loafers, or keep it low-key with sneakers.
If you’re on the fence about how dressy your outfit should be, remember that dark denim is the most casual option. Choose light washes and medium-blue denim for more dressed-up looks. A dark wash jean jacket paired with lighter pants will make your outfit feel more put together even if it’s otherwise laid back in nature.
You can wear chinos with a jean jacket at work or after hours, but keep the rest of your outfit relatively simple to avoid looking overdressed. If you have an important business meeting or date night planned, try tucking in your shirt and wearing a pair of leather shoes for a look that is dressy enough for the office but still casual enough for happy hour or drinks after work.
In summary, So, what pants to wear with a jean jacket? Well, that depends on you. If you’re not in the mood to pair your denim with a chino or khaki trouser, then don’t do it. You can wear jeans with a jean jacket and look great. However, if you don’t want to be confined to just one style of pants, there are plenty of other options.
Cargo Pants. A pair of cargo pants is a good choice when you’re looking for something casual but still want something that looks good enough for work or socializing afterward.
Cargo pants are essentially jeans that have pockets sewn onto the thighs to give you more places to store your stuff. They’ve become very popular over the last few years and come in a variety of styles and colors.
Some have buttons or zippers at the ankle (cuffs) so you can roll them up and show off your shoes, while others have an elastic band at the ankles so they stay down around your ankles like normal pants. If you wear cargo pants, skip the shoes with laces and go with something slip-on like sneakers or loafers.
You may also be interested in… 8 Events You Should Never Wear Jeans Too: Or Can You? and What Pants to Wear in Winter?