In the past, garbage disposals were designed to run for a set amount of time and then turn off. While this was convenient for the kitchen, it wasted a lot of water and energy.
Now, thanks to continuous feed garbage disposals, you can run your garbage disposal as long as you need to, while saving money and protecting the environment.
A continuous feed garbage disposal is a garbage disposal that grinds your wet food waste continuously with water to handle everyday use. Standard garbage disposals, also known as batch feed, operate in short spurts and uses excess water to make sure it runs smoothly.
With a continuous feed garbage disposal, the motor does not have to work as hard and can stay cool even after prolonged use. Traditional garbage disposals make flushing difficult and increase the chances of clogs. Continuous feed models allow for easier and more efficient trash disposal.
I always like reading what customers have to say about them and let them reveal what they can do, how good they are, and if they are worth it. So let’s look at the top-rated continuous garbage disposals and see what people fancied about them…
What Is The Best Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal?
When it comes to the best there are two brands that dominate and they are Waste King and InSinkErator. You really can’t go wrong with either brand however I’m going to give the best crown to InSinkErator because its garbage disposal products receive amazing ratings while Waste King gets excellent ratings…
The Badger Series offers a reliable and functional choice for homeowners who want functional, dependable garbage disposal without paying a premium price.
While its compact, space-saving design makes it easy to install in limited spaces, it still delivers the superior performance you expect from an InSinkErator disposer.
Its durable construction features galvanized steel construction with corrosion-resistant technology certified to meet NSF standards.
This thing is powerful. I will scrape everything possible into the sink and this machine chewed right through it.
- This is the best garbage disposal we ever had! It’s fast, quiet, and works GREAT!
- Absolutely love it. Looks good under the sink.
- Everything fit well and it’s powerful and quiet!!!
- This is a great garbage disposal. High value for the money.
- I was a little worried that 1/2 HP would not be enough power but this guy has had no probs chewing up everything but the metal spoons that slip into it.
- This one was recommended by my plumber I got it and he installed it.
- Powerful and affordable! Customer Service is great from the Manufacturer!
- This was my first time ever installing a garbage disposal and it was relatively easy.
- I like how quiet and powerful the garbage disposal is and how quickly it clears the drain when I’m doing the dishes.
With Waste King, you get a continuous feed garbage disposal system that is designed to grind anything and everything all of the time. A powerful motor delivers consistent grinding power to crush your kitchen waste and reduce it in size so it is easier to transport away from the home.
Simply put, this is truly the king of garbage disposals. The amount of power it has is ridiculous and it will tear through just about any food I’ve thrown at it.
- I have given it some things like apple cores though with absolutely no problem.
- The thing that absolutely astounds me about this unit though is how QUIET it is. It’s almost ridiculous.
- I especially love this because it does a great job of chopping up coarse vegetables.
- Chews through anything, as much as you can give it.
- Gobbles up everything…knives, forks, spoons…OK, just kidding. But it does eat everything we put down with its gigantic 1-HP motor.
- I really love this disposal. It cuts through everything we throw at it with ease. It’s also so quiet!.
- My wife juices a lot so all the extra veggies and hard ends get chopped up with ease.
- This disposal is a BEAST. I absolutely love it.
- My boys love chicken wings and the bones get ground right up with ease.
- After 5 years, this bad boy is like brand new. It doesn’t miss a beat. I love it.
- It’ll grind up anything and it’ll last.
Continuous Garbage Disposal Benefits:
- The main benefit of having a garbage disposal is that its continuous feed – you can put food waste in while you’re cooking and it will automatically be ground up while you’re washing up – saving you time and effort.
- A continuous feed garbage disposal is easy to install and use. It grinds up large amounts of food waste quickly and efficiently, giving you a clean and fresh sink while saving space.
- Continuous feed disposals are small enough to fit in a standard sink cabinet but offer the same performance as larger units.
- Continuous feed garbage disposals are like normal garbage disposals, except they don’t need to be reset for the next use. Instead, they operate continuously.
- As a result, they may be quieter and have a longer lifespan than other garbage disposals.
- A continuous feed garbage disposal system is a great piece of kitchen equipment to have on hand. It reduces labor, unlike batch feed systems, and can handle food particles of all shapes and sizes. After each use, the unit will automatically reset to a non-working state.
How Does A Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal Operate?
Continuous feed garbage disposals are perfect for apartments, homes, or locations where frequent use can put stress on the plumbing system. Built to tackle a wide range of food scraps and leftover scraps, the continuous feed garbage disposals are easy to use and made for everyday use.
A continuous feed garbage disposal operates in much the same way as standard garbage disposal. The only real difference between the two is that continuous feed disposal, as the name suggests, can be operated continuously, whereas standard garbage disposal must be switched on and off, with the on/off switch enabling the user to control exactly when the garbage disposal will run.
In summary, with the advantage and convenience of continuous garbage disposals, they are now the most popular option when shopping for garbage disposal for your home.
Garbage Disposals with Continuous-Feed are a modern appliance that can enhance your lifestyle and make household chores a whole lot easier. It can keep food scraps and other unwanted waste from making its way into landfills through a continuous flow of water at the bottom of your sink.
Although continuous feed disposals are smaller than their batch-feed counterparts, they handle regular household quantities of scraps with ease and the smaller size is an advantage when trying to fit garbage disposal under your sink.
It should be noted that the Waste King garbage disposal mentioned above is larger so if you go with that option make sure you have room for it.
Continuous feed garbage disposals can be easily installed by anyone. However, quite a few people still opt for professional installation from a plumber.
You may also be interested in… Is Ridgid A Good Brand? (Tough & Long-Lasting Plumbing Tools) or Best Garbage Disposal For The Money (Powerful & Quiet Disposal) – in this article Waste King actually came out on top when it came to customer opinions about value for money.