Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
What Is The Takamine Brand Known For?
Takamine is a guitar company with a long history of making great instruments. Takamine guitars are all acoustic, meaning that they have a sound hole for tone and allow you to hear the sound produced through the instrument.
Even though they are all acoustic guitars, people that play them will tell you that they are not the same. They each have their own unique sound, making one model better than another.
A Takamine guitar offers all the tonal complexity and playability needed to compliment a player’s style. With comfortable action, precision tuning and the critical sonic characteristics that set Takamine apart from the rest, these guitars offer a great choice for beginning to advanced players.
The most respected acoustic guitars in the world. Takamine guitars feature a combination of quality materials and intricate workmanship, which makes them widely known for playing exquisitely and for lasting a lifetime.
Takamine has earned respect as a top name in acoustic guitars and is universally recognized as a musician’s best friend.
Let’s look at some of the best-rated Takamine products and see what customers think about this brand and its products…
Takamine G Series GD30CE-12 Dreadnought 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The following Takamine product has an AMAZING 81% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
The Takamine GD30CE-12 acoustic/electric guitar has a spruce top and mahogany back and sides, with a warm, balanced tone that fills the room. This dreadnought 12-string is perfect for strumming, picking, and fingerpicking.
The Takamine G Series GD30CE-12 Dreadnought 12 String Acoustic-Electric Guitar is a powerful performer with a great combination of sound, playability and beauty. Its traditional dreadnought design features an all spruce top and rosewood back and sides.
The ultimate in quality and beauty, Takamine G Series guitars are among the finest instruments ever crafted. Hollowed from solid tonewoods, each 12-string guitar is handcrafted, piece by piece, and bound by Takamine’s unique FIVE BONE FINISH for the integrity you can hear, see and feel…
- Takamine’s G Series GD30CE-12 Dreadnought 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar has a low-profile shape that makes it an easy fit in smaller hands, but its sound is anything but small.
- The Grand Concert dimensions with long scale length deliver full, rich tone and optimum projection.
- The G Series’ natural gloss finish is complimented by black binding on the body and fretboard, while chrome die-cast tuners offer durability and precise tuning.
- Takamine guitars have earned a worldwide reputation for quality craftsmanship.
- The Takamine G Series GD30CE-12 dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar is equipped with all the essentials that a guitarist needs to take on the road.
- Built with the student player in mind, this guitar is perfect for the beginner or intermediate player looking to take their music to the next level.
- This 12 string guitar is also equipped with Takamine’s proprietary Saddle-Lock bridge, which not only provides superior transfer of string vibration to the body but allows for full intonation adjustment, producing a custom sound for every player.
- If you’re passionate about playing the acoustic guitar, this is your gateway to a lifetime of enjoyment.
Takamine GD11MCE-NS Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The following Takamine product has an AMAZING 86% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Takamine GD11MCE-NS is a dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar with a solid spruce top, bone bridge, and mahogany back and sides. The body is finished in a natural sapwood color, with the top and back of the neck finished in a high-gloss polyester.
Whether you are a seasoned pro or novice beginner, the GD11MCE-NS is an unparalleled value. You’ll appreciate its outstanding playability and classic beauty. When it comes to price and performance, this Takamine dreadnought guitar delivers the goods.
The neck of the GD11MCE-NS is made of mahogany, with a rosewood fingerboard and a moderately wide nut. The neck is also equipped with a bone saddle, which provides excellent sustain and vibrant tone. The Premium Grade A maple neck is quite similar to the high-end Korina models, and the guitar has a rather warm tone…
- The GD11MCE-NS is a dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar.
- It features a solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides for excellent projection.
- The rosewood bridge and fretboard offer great sustain.
- Comes equipped with an Under Saddle pickup system that offers flexible sound control, as well as an onboard chromatic tuner for convenient tuning.
- This beautiful instrument features all-solid tonewoods and Takamine electronics with three-band EQ, gain, and notch filters.
- It also comes equipped with an onboard chromatic tuner, truss rod adjustment wheel, rosewood bridge, and mahogany neck for a great sound.
- Uniquely designed to exhibit a timeless blend of traditional vintage and contemporary style, the Takamine GD11MCE is as comfortable bringing you blues riffs as it is playing folk melodies.
- A solid spruce top paired with mahogany back and sides create a balanced tone with warm lows, pronounced mids, and crisp highs.
Takamine GJ72CE-12 G Series Jumbo Cutaway 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The following Takamine product has an excellent 78% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Takamine GJ72 is a compact 12-string, willow top acoustic-electric guitar with a beautiful look and a huge sound. This model is based on the iconic G series and features a solid mahogany neck that is capped with an abalone rosette, a solid rosewood fingerboard, and a 12-inch body with a gorgeous gloss sunburst finish and matching gloss veneers.
A legendary choice for jumbo fans, Takamine’s GJ72CE-12 grand concert acoustic jumbo is a modern classic with a big voice. Crafted from high-quality tonewoods, it features a big 12-string body with a slender cutaway and Takamine’s A-style floating pickup. The solid spruce top provides superior tone and sustain, while rosewood back and sides give you that unforgettable jumbo acoustic experience.
The GJ72CE-12’s tone is big, clear, and bright, and the guitar’s mahogany body is deeply resonant, with a very tight bass and clear highs…
- Featuring a cutaway body style, the Takamine GJ72CE jumbo acoustic guitar is ready for anything. The high-quality spruce top and mahogany back & sides give the 12-string a traditional jumbo-sized sound.
- Paired with an easy-to-play neck and fingerboard, this guitar has everything you need for a year after year of playing enjoyment. The onboard TP4T preamp allows you to plug in and play with ease.
- The Takamine GJ72CE-12 Acoustic-Electric Cutaway Guitar offers a high-quality guitar for beginners and hobbyists at a great price.
- Crafted with quality tonewoods, this dreadnought cutaway features a spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and rosewood fretboard.
Takamine 6 String Acoustic Guitar, Right Handed
The following Takamine product has a MIND-BOGGLING 90% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Pick up a Takamine Guitars acoustic guitar, and take your music to the next level. Takamine’s unique high-performance woods, detailed craftsmanship, and award-winning quality make this guitar ideal for beginner through advanced players.
The Takamine EG450SC is an acoustic guitar that boasts an exceptionally lively tonewood combination, a beautiful high gloss finish, and Takamine’s superb electronics. As with all of our guitars, it features a comfortable neck shape; the perfect width for maximum playability.
Easy to play, easy on the eyes, Takamine guitars deliver quality and sound no matter what your level of expertise. Inspired by traditional craftsmanship, Takamine guitars are truly a player’s guitar…
- The Takamine TG-6S Acoustic Guitar is a wonderful choice for the beginning player or anyone who wants a great guitar that will provide decades of rich musical enjoyment.
- The fact is: this guitar has been crafted to ensure outstanding levels of playability and tone, which means your unplugged moments can sound as sweet as those played through an amplifier.
- The combination of spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and rosewood fingerboard, bridge & headstock overlay yields a well-balanced sound with excellent projection, that invites you to play any style of music and truly belies this guitar’s affordable price.
- Built on a traditional foundation with detailed finishing touches, this is an acoustic that always delivers the full Takamine experience.
Takamine GD20 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
The following Takamine product has an excellent 79% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Takamine GD20 acoustic guitar is one of the most popular acoustic guitar models ever crafted by Takamine. The body of the guitar, which is made of mahogany, has a medium wide-taper. The top of the guitar is made of Sitka spruce, which has an attractive wood grain pattern.
Love at first strum. The GD20’s dreadnought body, along with the spruce top, will provide you with a well-balanced tone that lasts for years. The comforting wide neck and high-gloss back and sides make this guitar easy to play, while the onboard Takamine preamp gives you a little extra something special when it comes time to crank it up. If you want a beautiful acoustic guitar that sounds great but won’t blow your budget, look no further than the Takamine GD20.
The Takamine GD20 dreadnought acoustic guitar is one of the leading beginner instruments on the market, underpinning that success with the renowned performance and value for money of every Takamine acoustic…
- Dreadnought acoustics have a sound that is reminiscent of the golden age of country and finger-style guitar playing.
- Perfect for the weekend warrior with a classic, familiar sound that easily holds its own in any situation, the Takamine GD20 solid spruce Top Dreadnought acoustic guitar has a high-gloss natural finish with a back and sides of Sapele to accentuate the warm mahogany sound.
- The GD20 also features a custom rosette design, gold tuners, natural satin finish, and built-in Takamine electronics for quality amplified performance.
- The Takamine GD20 dreadnought acoustic guitar is a paragon of value, convenience, and quality.
- Its tight-toned mahogany body with natural finish adds rich depth to the extended low end, while the mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard offer an extra layer of versatility.
- It has great projection and is very well balanced from low to high. Beveled X-bracing promotes a larger soundboard surface area for more volume, as well as better bass response, so you get lively sound reproduction with a solid low end that is an integral part of any great acoustic guitar amp.
Takamine GJ72CE-12BSB Jumbo Cutaway 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The following Takamine product has an AMAZING 84% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
If you want a great-sounding guitar, you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on a Martin or Taylor or Gibson. The Takamine GJ72CE-12BSB Jumbo Cutaway 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar will provide you with everything from the tone of an acoustic guitar to the full-bodied attack of an electric–all in an instrument that will fit in the corner of a bedroom or living room.
Takamine GJ72CE-12BSB Jumbo 12-String Guitar encompasses the essence of Takamine acoustic guitars, providing a sweet, clear tone with great projection. It features plenty of warmth and volume from its solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides.
The Takamine GJ72CE-12BSB dreadnought guitar offers an exceptional level of craftsmanship and sound. With a solid Engelmann spruce top and a rosewood neck, accented with a rosewood fretboard and bridge, the GJ72CE-12BSB is well suited for all styles of music…
- The Takamine GJ72CE acoustic-electric 12-string guitar is cut from the finest materials and designed to the highest standards.
- With a solid spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, maple neck, and die-cast tuners for tuning accuracy, this guitar delivers a bold tone full of presence.
- The GJ Series represents Takamine’s commitment to perfection in the acoustic guitar.
- Combining traditional warm tones with stunning design, the GJ Series will provide you with the best playing experience possible.
- The GJ Series is built upon a combination of tradition and innovation, featuring both classic designs and new ideas.
- The series includes guitars for every style and taste, all put together to create a truly outstanding guitar collection.
In summary, the Takamine story began in earnest in 1962, when Sakashita Musical Instruments was established. Five years later the company took the mountain’s name and began to produce its first guitars.
Starting with solid-body electric models, Takamine has since expanded to include acoustic and acoustic-electric guitars of all shapes and sizes. Guitars designed for all playing styles, from gentle fingerpicking to heavy rock ‘n’ roll, have earned a reputation for the highest quality, dependability, and value among players everywhere.
The craftsmanship and artistry of Takamine Guitars have never been equaled. They’ve been making guitars for over fifty years with the utmost care in our own factory in Sakashita, Japan.
With the thin line between inspiration and innovation, Takamine guitars represent a true passion for taking their art to new heights. From their Acoustic Series to their Electric Solid Body series, every Takamine guitar is made with quality in mind and is ready to be experienced.
For a novice player or an expert musician looking to upgrade – Takamine offers a huge range of top-quality instruments.
You may also be interested in… Is Fender A Good Brand? Acoustic & Electric Guitars (Amplifiers) and Is Kmise A Good Ukulele Brand? (Banjo’s, Ukulele’s, Guitars)