It sounds wonderful to be able to sit around a fire without constantly being chased by smoke but do smokeless fire pits really work?
Smokeless fire pits indeed do work in all regards including being smokeless or almost smokeless, provide excellent warmth, heat, and ambiance without the mess or smell of a normal fire pit.
Of course, not all smokeless fire pits are created equal. So… just to give you an indication of how well smokeless fire pits work I have listed some of the best-selling ones below and zeroed in on what customers had to say about the question… Do smokeless fire pits work?
You will see that there is no doubt in the minds of those who own a smokeless fire pit that they indeed do work and work very well…
Smokeless Wood Fire Pit – Solo Stove Smokeless Bonfire
I have listed this example first because the Bonfire smokeless fire pit is very unique as it can burn real wood whereas most other smokeless fire pits operate on gas or propane. So this is the best smokeless fire pit that actually burns real wood.
The smokeless BonFire is the largest of the Solo Stove series of indoor and outdoor fire pits. The burn chamber is nearly double the size of the original Solo Stove, and it’s still lightweight and made from ultra-durable stainless steel.
The design makes the Solo Stove whisper quiet and virtually smokeless. The ground-breaking design creates an airtight seal that allows you to throw just about any dry combustible into the firebox and light it on fire…
Features include powerful heat output, rugged, compact design, ultra-deep fire bowl for larger fires, wind-resistant, smokeless, easy to use with any wood source.
The trade-off is there is a little bit of smoke when you first light it but you will never have to worry about smoke chasing anyone around the fire once it is going and as you will read people who own it definitely say it works very well…
Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit – Large 19.5 Inch Stainless Steel Outdoor Smokeless Firepit | Portable Backyard Natural Wood Burning Firebowl | No Gas or Propane Required
Think you’ve seen it all when it comes to a smokeless wood fire pit—and then you see the Solo Stove Smokeless Bonfire. Its patented cone design allows the wood to burn completely—producing a unique, dynamic fire display and exceptional warmth.
The wood burned in your Bonfire produces creosote-free flames that easily pass through the intake tube to maximize heat efficiency.
Ideal for use as an outdoor fireplace or campfire, it’s designed for up to 10 people to gather around its warm, 360° convection.
According To Reviewers…
What you get is a hot virtually smokeless campfire. The first time we used it was on a cold (45°) night with high winds. Prefect scenario for smoke. Little if any smoke and after about 4 hours of burning wood, we didn’t smell like the fire pit. Burnt down to total ash and clean up was a breeze!
- An actual smokeless wood fire pit that works! When they say smokeless they really mean it. My family and I have been enjoying it like crazy here in the Pacific Northwest.
- Hotness without smoke! I’ve been building fire for 50 years in all sorts of contraptions. THIS IS THE BEST FIRE MACHINE I’VE EVER USED!
- The self-containing smoke design is the best! It helps keep the smell from your clothes.
- It does smoke a little when you first start it, but when it gets up to operating temperature there is no smoke. If you have a yard, and wood to burn BUY THIS NOW!
- As so many others have pointed out, there is virtually no smoke with this device and we haven’t had any issues with someone sitting around the fire getting smoked out.
- Easy to light, the wood burns clean with no smoke, and it’s a breeze to clean up after the fire.
- I had read how it worked, but I was skeptical — well it worked. The fire burns incredibly hot and there is almost zero smoke. The fire burns incredibly hot and there is almost zero smoke. My guests were joking with me when I lit the thing, by the end of the night they were all asking where I bought it!
- I’m very happy I purchased the Solo Stove Bonfire. It’s perfect if you want a quick, beautiful fire without all the fuss and smoke.
- Another great feature is the fact that there is little ash left once burned down and the pit burns without smoke until the end. There is no smoking even at the end of the burn.
- The reduction in smoke (if you build the fire properly) is dramatic and it transforms a fire pit into a truly pleasurable experience as opposed to an eye-watering annoyance.
- I got this because my family is basically cold-blooded so they need a warm fire but don’t like smelling like smoke. This pit puts off a ton of heat and is virtually smokeless!
- A bit of smoke initially while it caught fully but after that, NOTHING… This thing throws awesome heat and burns nice and clean.
- The other best thing is that after about 5 minutes the smoke rises straight up for the rest of the night. It’s so pleasant to sit around an outdoor smokeless fire for an hour or five and you just get warmth and crackles, no smoke billowing over you.
- Once the stove comes up to temperature there is almost NO smoke. If you’re on the fence about getting this smokeless wood fire pit, just get it. It really works.
- This thing really works. Smoke goes straight up no matter the wind. Burns down to virtually nothing.
- Best Smokeless Fire Pit. This works wonderful – always a problem when friends are over and everyone is moving around and bothered by the smoke. Does not happen anymore.
- I can’t even believe how well this thing works. Everybody that camps with us are amazed by this fire pit. If you’ve camped, you know how annoying trying to avoid the campfire smoke can be. Problem solved!
- Works beautifully, we enjoy it on our patio every season. Great design and portability. Everybody asks why no smoke…great for patio party’s and anyone very sensitive to smoke. Beautiful flame no smoke.
- Once lit, this is as they advertise, virtually smokeless. I used a few self-lighting charcoal briquettes (4) to get things started and then it just works so well. No smoke after the updraft starts and that only takes a few minutes, then just a warm fire and no smoke.
- Really works. Enjoy the fire without the smoke. Can use with real wood or synthetic logs.
- It is so much better than my old fire pit. It works as advertised and is very cozy. My wife doesn’t complain about smoke anymore.
- The low smoke fire pit is amazing. It gives off such good heat, low to no smoke as they say, and is mesmerizing to watch.
- Just as they say it would it. Smoke-free once the fire is going. Super warm for cool summer nights and SoCal winters. S’mores turned out great.
- Anyone who has owned a firepit or has had a bonfire in their backyard knows that smoke can be really annoying and can ruin a great experience. I’ve never seen a fire burn this clean with little to no smoke as with this Solo Stove.
- I purchased this for my husband’s birthday. It works great and is the perfect size for our small condo patio.
- The Bonfire works better than I could have ever imagined. The wood burns efficiently and the warmth it provides is better than any cheaply made fire pit.
- Works really well, the wood catches amazingly fast, just a bit of paper and dry logs, nor kindling. The wood also burs completely and the fire gets very very hot.
- Works well and smoke-free as advertised. The secondary burning mechanism is neat to watch and seems to nearly eliminate smoke; with the side benefit that it burns quite hot.
Smokeless Campfire – Outland Firebowl Fire Pit
I have already written about how good this smoke-free fire pit is and it is the best smokeless fire pit if you are happy using propane fuel. You can read more about it here… Best Portable Propane Fire Pit (Warm Camp Fire Without The Smoke) and as you can gather from the subject line one of the best things about this fire pit is the fact it is smokeless…
Lightweight and portable, this outdoor smokless fire pit is perfect for backyards, campgrounds, or anywhere you want to gather with family and friends.
This portable fire pit makes it easy to enjoy an evening with friends–right outside your door! It’s the perfect fit for any patio or deck and comes packed with necessary accessories.
The rugged, eye-pleasing Firebowl 870 Outdoor Fire Pit will enhance any backyard or campsite. It features a premium 304 stainless steel burner that is designed for years of worry-free backyard enjoyment.
A layer of powder-coated paint protects the cast iron cooking grate and ceramics from rust while extending the life of the unit – from season to season.
The Outland Firebowl 870 Outdoor Smoke Free Fire Pit comes with a heavy-duty carry cover so you can transport it, and enjoy a fire anywhere you choose!
According To Reviewers…
We are long time devotees of the “campfire” experience, and I was honestly a little sceptical of a gas fire, but I have to admit that the convenience alone was huge. It was also very nice to get up on a chilly morning and with a twist of the knob have a nice little smokeless fire with the morning coffee. Works just as well for those impromptu evenings on the patio.
- Toasted marshmallows and made s’mores, and enjoyed a nice firelight without the smoke.
- Love that my wife can sit with me by the fire and not have her hair smell like smoke (big Plus).
- No more wood, paper, kindling, SMOKE, and mess. A great product is well worth the money.
- I just about did a somersault when I discovered propane campfires – all the warmth & ambiance, none of the smoke or filth.
- Love this fire pit! No wood! No smoke! No sparks! No embers! No coals! No worry! Seriously, just buy it!
- No wood, no smoke, just convenient and fun.
- The automatic starter and adjustable flame work flawlessly & the unit puts out a pleasant amount of heat.
- I can not tell you enough how very much I love this fire pit. The self-starter works great, it put out a lot of heat, easy on how much propane it uses.
- Works like a charm! We bring this on the Rv with us with a spare propane tank. It’s awesome, especially if you’re traveling from state to state where you aren’t supposed to transfer firewood over the state lines.
- Great ambiance when you don’t want to have a bonfire and the work that goes with it. Puts out nice heat also.
- This worked like a CHAMP! This thing puts out some serious heat when cranked up to max.
- Works great, turn the switch and it starts right up. Can use the porch more when it is a little too cold to sit out.
- Took it on vacation. It was so nice to have on the beach and it worked very well with no problems.
- Very nicely built, high quality works great. Perfect for a quick, smoke-free, no-hassle woodless fire.
- Fantastic Fire Bowl! Well made and works very well. Provides surprisingly good heat without the campfire smell permeating your clothing.
- Excellent product. It really works great. Heats up the area nice, Extremely easy to use. The lid and carrying handle are very handy. It is not just for campers. It works in our gazebo on the back deck. If you want some smokeless campfire, relaxation and want it quick and easy – this is the product to buy!
Does The Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Wood Pellet Fire Pit Work?
The Flame Genie is a portable smoke-free wood pellet fire pit that creates a warm, ambient glow inside your home or on your deck. The exterior is made from weather-resistant polycarbonate, and the interior burner is sculpted out of stainless steel.
Enjoy introducing your friends and family to the distinct pleasure of a traditional open flame without the smoke and mess of a firepit, fireplace, or woodstove.
No fire pit is as portable or quite as easy to operate as the HY-C FG-16 Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Wood Pellet Fire Pit…
According To Reviewers…
The best fire pit out there! This eliminated so many hassles. No more smoke, sparks, mess or hassle from heavy firewood. No more propane refills or hoses leading to gas fire pit. The flame with this fire pit is high and looks great and it creates a lot of heat.
- You don’t have to worry about burning pieces flying out of the fire – it is very well behaved. And there’s no smoke so you don’t end up smelling like a campfire.
- It also does not have smoke like real wood. Definitely my go-to fire pit.
- This is a pretty great little fire pit for a small yard. It’s small and it puts out a lot of heat. As advertised, no smoke or odor when it’s working right.
- Our friends and family enjoyed it while there was no smoke!
- It worked great, maintaining a pretty consistent fire level with almost no smoke.
Does The BREEO Double Flame Smokeless Fire Pit Work?
The BREEO Double Flame Smokeless Outdoor Fire Pit is a new, simple and creative way to enjoy a fire without smoke and smog.
Keep the party going with the BREEO Double Flame Smokeless Outdoor Fire Pit. Use this fire pit to eat, socialize, and relax with family and friends around the warmth of a crackling outdoor fire.
The BREEO Double Flame Smokeless Outdoor Fire Pit is built with a no-light igniter that allows you to achieve the perfect flame (and eliminate any smoke) every time…
BREEO Double flame smokeless outdoor fire pit down to the smoothest surface because of its high-temperature resistant locking system, this fire pit is a perfect fit for any outdoor space, whether your backyard or a campsite.
It produces enough heat to warm up your whole party. This fire pit can be used as a smokeless campfire, grilling accessory, etc.
According To Breeo Fire Pit Reviews…
Really does work! I was a little nervous plunking down this kind of money for a fire pit, but it really does what it is designed to do – burn clean and keep the smoke away. No fire is 100% smoke free, but smoke is significantly minimized. It also creates a really cool looking fire that is all “flame” – it almost looks like a propane or gas fire. Friends were really amazed at how awesome this pit is.
- Family and friends like it and marvel at the heat and low smoke quality.
- Yes, there is some smoke initially however, again, superior to anything else I have ever experienced.
- What I like the most is how efficiently the fire burns and leaves little or no unburned wood.
- Yes… It does smokeless. I bought this fire pit for the low smoke claims, which are well substantiated by purchasers. is it smoke-free? No, but burning wood smokes. There is a noticeable difference in how much less smokey my clothes are after sitting by the pit for a few hours.
- Works way better than you think. Wasn’t sure what to expect from a smokeless fire pit, but it delivers exactly that, a smokeless fire.
Does The INNO STAGE Smokeless Fire Bowl Pit Work?
The INNO STAGE Replica Smokeless Fire Bowl pits are the newest innovation in outdoor entertainment. The INNO STAGE Smokeless Fire Bowl produces large amounts of heat in a small, compact space.
A True smokeless wood-burning fire bowl for your patio, deck, or backyard that will change the way you enjoy a night around the fire! The INNO STAGE delivers a whisper-quiet, smoke-free, and chemical-free wood-burning experience while adding the perfect ambiance and romance to your backyard, deck, or patio.
The Fire Bowl is an elegant addition to any patio or deck, and also makes a great addition to indoor areas, providing ambiance, heat, and smokeless performance…
The INNO STAGE Smokeless Fire Pit is a combustion management tool designed for high efficiency. Able to run at any temperature from 300°F to 750°F, it burns less than 1/5 of the wood used in an open fire.
This is achieved by creating an updraft for maximum burn temperature and minimizing hot spots and smoke production.
The advanced design allows you to stay a safe distance away as you sit back and enjoy the view of glowing embers flickering in front of your eyes.
With the INNO STAGE feature, you can now enjoy an easier and cleaner fire with no smoky clothes or holes in your fabrics. It ensures an increased burn rate, producing less smoke and more flame, while at the same time allowing the air to flow through evenly without any turbulence–making for a milder, but still powerful fire.
How does this smokeless fire pit work?
Kindling your fire is made easier with the patented two-part Inno stage. It maximizes the airflow and burning process, producing less smoke and more flame.
Without mesh construction or complicated tooling, the Inno stage takes kindling to the next level. Bottom vent holes allow oxygen while the double walls warm it.
According To Reviewers…
This thing is perfect for roasting marshmallows with kids. No smoke, no sparks, no surface damage below.
- Puts out a lot of heat and has a nice vertical flame and zero smoke.
- The perfect city backyard fire pit.
- A great little firepit. I needed it for the beach where open fires are not allowed. It does well.
- This is perfect for camping. We do not like the smoke from a campfire. This produces minimal smoke. Also, creates enough heat.
- Double walls warm the oxygen in the bottom layer which mixes with the friction produced by the top layer to create a flame that lasts, while vent holes allow oxygen to enter from below
In summary, as you can see from just a small sample of comments made by reviewers the overwhelming response is that smokeless fire pits do work.
Depending on what smokeless fire pit you purchase they will either completely operate with no smoke or cut it down to virtually no smoke.
The fire pits that use wood will have some smoke when you first light them, and then it is basically smoke-free once they are going.
Some of the pellet fire pits will smoke badly if you put on the wrong amount of pellets.
So with all of those things in mind, the first two fire pits on our list above are clearly the best options and it is just a matter of you prefer real wood as opposed to propane.
The smokeless fire pits also work well in all other areas as well such as throwing out good heat and providing a wonderful ambiance.
You may also be interested in… Best Fire Pit For Cooking