"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
What Is The Schrade Brand Known For?
Every so often, a company comes along that makes solid knives that stand the test of time. Schrade has been one of those companies for decades, with a variety of knives and tools for a wider range of outdoor pursuits than almost any other maker.
The company has been around since 1892 and makes everything from knives, axes, machetes and more. Schrade has also been a solid manufacturer for the American military over the years, making knives for both the regular military as well as the special forces.
Schrade is a brand name that stands for quality and precision. Founded in the early 20th century, this American company has been known for outstanding tactical knives, folding knives, and other useful hand tools.
Many of the best knives they create are made from stainless steel or titanium for extra strength and durability. Schrade is one of the most trusted brands in the knife industry so you know you’re getting a high-quality product every time.
Let’s look at some of the best-rated Schrade products and see what customers think about this brand and its products…
Schrade Fix Blade Knives – 10.4 Inches
The following Schrade product has an excellent 76% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The SCHF36 Frontier Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife by Schrade is just the tool you want at your side no matter what situation you find yourself in.
This rugged survival knife features a 10.4in stainless steel full-tang blade with a 5in drop point. Its black TPE handle is contoured to fit comfortably in your hand and provide extra grip so you won’t slip while chopping or cutting.
The SCHF36 Frontier 10.4in blade is 5in when the drop point is measured from the heart of the blade, where it meets the handle. The 5in drop point profile has a steeper angle than the 7in spear point. This drastically improves stabbing ability while also enhancing slicing power that can cut through thick wood and other tough surfaces.
You’ll like the attention to detail, such as the laser-etched eagle on the blade and its thumb-stud opener. That means this custom knife will stand out among the others. It comes with a tan leather sheath…
Schrade SCHF36 Frontier 10.4in Stainless Steel Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with 5in Drop Point and TPE Handle
- The SCHF36 Frontier Schrade is a must-have for any survival enthusiast, and sports an impressing 10.4″ length of full-tang, fixed blade steel.
- This piece of equipment features a black, texturized rubber handle that is ergonomically shaped to provide a comfortable grip and will not slip in wet or humid conditions.
- The reinforced nylon sheath provides a safe place to store your knife when not in use.
- The 5in blade is great for skinning and dressing game and has a clear Teflon coating to protect the blade against corrosion and damage.
- The TPE handle has a finger guard and provides a secure grip in various conditions or weather.
- Comes complete with a nylon MOLLE compatible sheath.
Schrade Fix Blade Knives – 13 Inches
The following Schrade product has an excellent 77% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Schrade SCHF52 Frontier 13in High Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife with 7in Drop Point Blade and TPE Handle is everything that you would expect from a rugged hunting knife. The SCHF52’s drop point blade has a sleek, fast cutting profile, while the TPE handle holds up to hard use.
The SCHF52 Frontier 13″ High Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife is great for the outdoor enthusiast, whether you are hunting, skinning an animal or cutting through a thick log. You’ll also find it handy when it comes to splitting logs and other tasks requiring a sharp blade. The TPE handle feels great in your hand and is easy to grip even under wet conditions. Made in the USA with full tang construction, this piece of gear will stand up to your use.
The triple-riveted sheath of this hunting knife also keeps the blade secure while in use, without interfering with your ability to draw the knife out of the sheath. This military issue survival tool from Schrade is perfect for camping trips or any other adventure…
Schrade SCHF52 Frontier 13in High Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife with 7in Drop Point Blade and TPE Handle
- Schrade SCHF52 Frontier Fixed blade boasts a 13-inch high carbon steel blade and a 7-inch drop point.
- This heavy-duty knife is perfect for camping, fishing, or hunting.
- Designed with a soft-grip handle, the Schrade SCHF52 Frontier features a tip guard for safety and includes a TPE sheath for safe carry.
- The high-quality design of the Schrade SCHF52 Frontier ensures years of trustworthy working use, making it a great addition to your first aid kit or survival gear.
- Keep your knife sharpened longer and easier by switching between the two 5 CRV steel blades.
- The Frontier line is a classic Western design, featuring a single high carbon steel fixed blade knife that features a drop point blade and TPE handle.
- The Frontier is made in the Philippines using the highest quality materials, including stain-resistant Micarta handle scales.
- The Frontier includes a leather sheath that securely attaches to your belt or backpack strap.
Schrade Is A Good Brand For Folding Knives
The following Schrade product has an excellent 78% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Schrade SCHA3BS 7.3in High Carbon S.S. Assisted Opening Folding Knife is a perfect small knife to have with you because it is lightweight and has a very sharp, sturdy blade that would last for a long time. This is an ideal camping knife because of its strength and portability.
Schrade SCHA3BS 7.3in High Carbon S.S. Assisted Opening Folding Knife – When you’re looking for a tough knife, there are a lot of choices out there. When you’re looking for an affordable knife, well… fewer choices are available. But when you require a knife that won’t break the bank, yet is as tough as nails, the Schrade SCHA3BS High Carbon folding knives might be just what you need.
The blade measures 3.1in and has a stainless steel material that will not rust easily even if used in wet or humid places…
- This 7.3″ S.S. Assisted Open knife is the knife you need when looking for a spring-assisted knife with a blade that will last.
- The Schrade SCHA3BS7.3in High Carbon S.S. Assisted Opening Folding Knife has a 3 5/8in Black finish partially serrated blade.
- It features a locking liner, textured front handle, open back, and an ambidextrous thumb stud and safety lock to accommodate your everyday carry needs!
- The Schrade SCHA3BS is a locking folding knife perfect for any camping enthusiast.
- This sleek, easy-to-handle, and stylish knife have a 3.5″ high carbon stainless steel blade that is great for everyday use.
- With added features such as a black rubberized handle and nickel silver bolsters, you can be sure this handy knife will perform well when you need it most.
- The bird’s eye Paracord handle ensures a comfortable, custom fit, even with wet or sweaty hands.
- Comes equipped with an integrated safety lock and a lanyard hole that offers extra versatility for even more applications.
- The SCHA3B7S can be opened quickly by pressing the button located on the side of the handle, or you can use the flipper lever if you prefer a manual opening mechanism.
- This folding knife includes a clip that slots into your pocket or belt to keep it secure.
- Handy and easy to carry, it will make a handy addition to your collection of everyday carry items.
Schrade Is A Good Brand For Survival Axes
The following Schrade product has an excellent 70% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
This is the Schrade SCAXE2L 15.7in Survival Axe with 4.2in Stainless Steel Blade and Glass Fiber PA and TPR Rubber Handle. This ax was designed for hard lives, and the Schrade SCAXE2L promises not only an impenetrable, non-porous blade but a tough and durable handle as well.
The Schrade SCAXE2L 15.7in Large Survival Axe with 4.2in Stainless Steel Blade and Glass Fiber PA and TPR Rubber Handle is the ultimate camping axe for confronting the backcountry wilderness.
The glass fiber plus TPR rubber handle won’t crack in extreme temperatures, and the stainless steel blade is said to be well suited for wood chopping, meat processing, and other heavy-duty tasks…
Schrade SCAXE2L 15.7in Large Survival Axe with 4.2in Stainless Steel Blade and Glass Fiber PA and TPR Rubber Handle
- Schrade SCAXE2L 15.7inch Large Survival Axe with 4.2inch Stainless Steel Blade and Glass Fiber PA and TPR Rubber Handle is ideal for outdoor activities such as hunting, hiking, fishing, and camping.
- This ax is made of high-quality stainless steel.
- When disaster strikes, Schrade SCAXE2L Large Survival Axe has your back with a 15.7″ glass fiber PA and TPR rubber handle and 4.2″ stainless steel blade for hacking, slicing, digging, prying, and pounding in multiple positions.
- The rubberized contoured glass-filled nylon handle provides better traction while the blade base end is designed to pound or utilize as a stake in an emergency.
- It should be noted that this ax has a longer than usual handle which may require additional room in your kit when stowed.
- The Schrade SCAXE2L 15.7in Large Survival Axe is an essential tool in any camping, hiking, or backpacking trip.
- The stylish glass fiber handle provides a strong and secure grip for rigors such as chopping branches and brush while the black TPR rubber cushion helps prevent slippage during use.
- Steelhead features a double-headed design for added power when chopping wood into smaller pieces.
- A reinforced stacked leather handle that will not slip if your hands are wet is ergonomically designed to be comfortable for prolonged use even in the most extreme conditions.
- If you are looking for an easy-to-carry ax that has a bit extra length for more versatility, look no further than this heavy-duty survival ax!
Schrade Is A Good Brand For Hatchets
The following Schrade product has an excellent 77% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Schrade SCAXE10 hatchet is the right tool to have to help you reap what you sow. Crafted from a single piece of steel with an ergonomic and incredibly comfortable TPR handle this hatchet will make quick work of splitting wood, preparing lumber, or limbing logs.
Made in the USA and based on an old French design, the SCAXE10 is a forest hatchet that can fell small-to-medium sized trees as well as being useful for chopping firewood, splitting kindling and even game processing.
The Schrade SCAXE10 Hatchet is the perfect tool to carry in your pack traveling the great outdoors or a walk through the forest…
- Simple, elegant, and ready for any cutting job. The SCAXE10 hatchet is the ideal tool for camping, hiking, self-defense, survival or just surviving a long winter.
- The lightweight matte black handle is treated with a rubberized polymer complex to enhance grip and prevent slipping even when wet.
- And just in case you need more reasons to bring it along, the blade is designed to double as a pry bar.
- The ax head is coated with black oxide and a baked-on Teflon coating, which protects the blade from rust and corrosion when exposed to moisture.
- The Outdoor Hatchet by Schrade is an all-purpose hatchet that you can carry around easily thanks to the included nylon sheath.
- It measures 11.1-inches long, so it’s highly portable.
- It sports a 3.6-inch stainless steel blade that can be safely stored in its handle when not in use.
- This fully functional hatchet is also equipped with a rubber grip to give you a secure handgrip when using it.
- Sometimes all you need in life is a really good hatchet, one that does the job of chopping with efficiency and ease.
- As is true with most tools, you have to pay a little more for quality, but this Schrade Full Tang Hatchet is priced at a fair price and will make an excellent addition to your campsite or home toolbox.
- It’s 11 Inches overall length with a 3.6-inch carbon steel blade and hard rubber handle.
- This folder features a drop point blade with a partially serrated edge that enables it to cut through tough vegetation and wood easily.
Schrade Is A Good Brand For Telescopic Shovels
The following Schrade product has an excellent 72% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
With durability and portability in mind, we designed the Schrade SCHSH1 16.6in Stainless Steel Telescoping Shovel with 7.4in Shovel Length and Polypropylene T-Handle to fit all of your outdoor needs. From backyards to rocky mountain trails, this shovel is ideal for digging, moving wood and debris, camping, and more.
The Schrade Telescoping Shovel is a large, 16.6 inch telescoping shovel with a 7.4 inch shovel length. The shovel is made out of stainless steel and has a rubberized handle grip for comfort. The blade of the shovel features an integrated prying and digging fork. The telescoping handle extends up to 32 inches with the help of a twist locking system and includes a tool free lock at each position for added safety.
It has a rust-resistant polypropylene handle to ensure a strong grip on the shovel and stability during use. The original and innovative design of the SCHSH1 makes it a great choice for any job you throw at it…
Schrade SCHSH1 16.6in Stainless Steel Telescoping Shovel with 7.4in Shovel Length and Polypropylene T-Handle
- The Schrade 16.6 Plastic Handle Telescoping Shovel is an ideal tool for digging and lifting material.
- This telescoping handle shovel has a steel construction with a powder coat finish and features stainless steel hardware and a polypropylene T-handle.
- You can extend the reach of the shovel with one pull to almost 9 ft., and then retract it back to its original size when not in use.
- This shovel easily fits into compact spaces when collapsed, so it’s great for camping or hunting trips.
- The SCHSH1 16.6in telescoping shovel is an easy-to-transport, lightweight shovel for various needs.
- The 7.4in length makes it great for digging holes or burying wires, and the durable polypropylene T-handle can hold up to rigorous use.
- Schrade double-rivets the tang and socket and laces the assembly with steel cables to add more strength.
- Schrade’s no-questions limited lifetime warranty promises that this shovel will last through any job or chore you can imagine.
Schrade Is A Good Brand For Multi-Tools
The following Schrade product has an excellent 71% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Schrade ST1N 7″ stainless steel multi-tool is a handy knife to have while camping, fishing, or doing everyday repair jobs around the house.
It comes equipped with the standard multi-tool features: wire cutters, pliers, flathead screwdriver, crosshead screwdriver, can opener, bottle opener/wire stripper/wire crimper, Phillips head screwdriver with small/medium/large slotted screwdriver.
The Schrade ST1N is a 21-piece multi-tool with a lot of features that will appeal to a wide variety of people who are looking to get the job done. It is designed for the guy who loves to be prepared no matter what the situation. The ST1N has a great selection of tools that will come in handy for all types of jobs.
In addition, it comes with a “scuff-resistant” nylon sheath, so you can keep it clean and safe. Best of all, this multi-tool will make a great gift for the handyman in your life…
Schrade ST1N 7in Stainless Steel 21 Piece Tough Multi-Tool with Can Opener, Pliers, Screwdrivers, and Sheath
- The Schrade Tough Multi-Tool is a 21 piece set with multiple functions.
- From the smallest screwdriver to the largest pliers, this multitool has it all.
- The space-age design will give it both the look and feel of an expensive set but at a low cost.
- Each tool locks into place for safety and easy storage.
- Keep the ST1N on hand for any quick job or emergency, from tightening screws to cutting thick rope.
- This stainless steel multi-tool boasts seven different functions, making it the most versatile tool in your toolbox.
- The multi-tools compact design fits easily into a pocket or purse and it comes with a protective sheath to safeguard the blade.
- This 21-piece full-size multi-tool features a heavy-duty drop point blade, pliers, mini-screwdriver with real screwdriver bits, wire cutters, can opener, and bottle opener all in one tool.
- The blade is made of 7Cr17MoV stainless steel that provides superior toughness and edge retention.
- The textured rubber handle provides a secure grip while various sized hex drives make the screwdriver bits easy to change out.
In summary, Schrade is a brand known for creating high-quality knives that are affordable. They have been making knives since 1892 and continue to stand by that reputation today.
Schrade’s current knife line includes both folding and fixed blade knives, among other items like sharpeners and axes. They also create military blades suitable for duty use as well as pocket knives.
Overall, when considering the value of the quality of Schrade’s products overall, it can be considered one of the best knife brands available.
They are being used by hunters, outdoor enthusiasts, soldiers, law enforcement officers, and everyday consumers. The concept behind Schrade is simple, to produce an ever-evolving series of products designed for simple human survival.
If you are looking for a pocket knife that is of the highest quality, look for a Schrade. The company is well known for making knives with excellent materials, and super sharp edges. When you purchase one of these knives, you can be sure that they will be with you for many years to come.
You may also be interested in… What To Put In A Tactical Backpack? (Essential Items To Pack) and Is Cold Steel A Good Brand? (Much More Than A Famous Knife Brand)