What Is The Ridgid Brand Known For?
The RIDGID brand’s rich history in the tool industry has been built upon a unique philosophy – the ability to get there first with the right tool that saves the Tradesman time and money. RIDGID tools are the most widely used brand of plumbing and electrical tools in North America.
RIDGID is built on the trust of a 100-year history. A track record that can’t be matched by “discounters” or “copycats.”
Ridgid is a great brand! They originally manufactured plumbing, electrical and automotive tools, but went on to expand to include other tools including hand tools and power tools. RIDGID offers the best in power tools, and their top quality construction make them a favorite for homeowners and professional contractors alike.
Not only do these power tools help the homeowner complete home projects faster and easier, but they are built to last a lifetime. It is a well-known brand you can trust that will not break on you.
Ridgid tools are built with patented technologies that deliver superior performance, timely job completion, long-lasting durability and are a brand built on the trust of the trades.
With products from job site grinders, hammer drills, reciprocating saws, and more, Ridgid can power through your toughest projects.
Let’s take a look at some of the top Ridgid products and see why they are so good…
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Power Tool Combo Kits
The following Ridgid product has an AMAZING 80% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5…
The Ridgid Cordless Combo Kit combines the most essential tools to complete even the toughest jobs, making it an ideal tool kit for any professional trade or construction site.
The RIDGID TOOL COMPANY 18V Drill/Driver Combo Kit (5 Piece) delivers professional power to your home and hobby projects. This 5-piece set comes with a Hammer Drill/Driver; Impact Driver; 1/2 in. Drill/Driver; Sawzall Reciprocating Saw; Flash Light, and features an ergonomic design for comfort as well as intuitive controls for easy operation.
The kit is ideal for a range of projects like building decks, fences, cabinets, and furniture, allowing for versatile use in the workshop or at home…
Some products claim to be the best at what they do. The R9652 18V Tool Combo Kit (5 Piece) is exactly that and so much more. Whether you need to drive screws into wood or decking, remove bolts from a fan blade, or slice through plastic or metal pipes, this skill saw will outperform and outlast any other product in its class. No other tool set comes close to providing the features and functionality of the R9652 18V Tool Combo Kit (5 Piece).
- The R9652 has everything you need to tackle a variety of jobs around the home or on the job site.
- This toolset comes with an 18V 5 Tool Combo Kit. Its high-impact housing provides extra durability when out and about or handling tough jobs.
- You can easily track your runtime, charge time, and so much more using the indicator light system.
- The convenient soft-grip handle allows for comfort during long-time use jobs.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Cordless Drills & Impact Drivers
The following Ridgid product has an AMAZING 82% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5…
RIDGID’s R9000 is a versatile, cordless tool system that uses lithium-ion technology. This gives you twice the torque of standard 18-volt Ni-Cad batteries, lets you run longer for the same battery charge and additional runtime when in variable speed mode. This power-tool combo kit is perfect for any major home project or renovations.
RIDGID R9000 12V Lithium-Ion 2 Tool Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Kit combines two highly productive tools capable of delivering professional results up to 550/1,900 RPM into one lightweight, yet powerful package. The 2 tool kit has a 1/2 in. auto-lock quick connect chuck for easy bit changes and has a battery fuel gauge to show you when it’s time to charge.
With two LED lights, onboard memory, and a keyless chuck with an impact energy of 1.3 J per hammer blow, this kit will let you tackle any job around your home, garage, or shop…
There’s no job too big or small for the RIDGID R9000 12V Lithium-Ion 2 Tool Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Kit. This complete kit includes all the tools you need, and all the power you crave, to tackle a variety of projects around your home or on the job site.
- Ideal for working with wood, metal, and plastic, this kit comes with two 12V lithium-ion batteries – one each for the drill/driver and impact driver – so there’s no waiting around to get back to work when one battery runs out.
- Both tools are engineered with built-in LED lights, designed to make working in tight spaces easier than ever before.
- The tools feature a patented technology that allows both to maintain peak power for the life of the battery.
- The RIDGID R9000 is the most compact in its class, packed with power and performance.
- The tools combine high-efficiency brushless motors for longer life and more power than competitors’ tools.
- Both tools feature a mechanical clutch for maximum control and reduced torque transfer to fasteners.
- The compact and lightweight design of both tools provides flexibility for getting into hard-to-reach areas.
- With RIDGID’s Brushless motor technology, extended run time is possible without extra weight.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Circular Saws
The following Ridgid product has a good 65% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5…
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned pro, the RIDGID 71687 614 Circular Saw, Dry Cut Saw is your go-to tool for intense cutting. With its 3150 RPM motor and powerful 14-inch blades, you’ll make cleaning cuts with ease. When you need to cut through steel, the RIDGID 71687 614 Circular Saw, Dry Cut Saw slices right through at the maximum recommended speed of 20 feet per minute. Its nickel-plated base provides durability and stability while helping to ensure accuracy when cutting.
The RIDGID 71687 614 Dry Cut Circular Saw has a powerful 7 Amp motor that delivers the power and speed to make this saw perfect for cutting metal, wood, plastic, and drywall. The 14-inch carbide-tipped blades are designed specifically for dry materials so you’ll get great rip cuts on steel, copper, aluminum, plastic, or wood.
This rugged workhorse features heavy-duty open frame construction for added durability and pneumatic tires for portability. The arbor lock with an anti-kickback lever keeps the blade secure during use…
RIDGID 71687 614 Circular Saw, Dry Cut Saw Features Large 14-inch Carbide-Tipped Blades for Cutting Steel, Copper, Aluminum, Plastic, or Wood
The RIDGID 71687 614 Circular Saw has a flat, dry cutting blade that delivers outstanding performance cutting through steel up to 1 inch thick. This 14-Inch Saw has a powerful 1/2-horsepower motor that makes it ideal for remodelers, lumber yards, and industrial users who cut multiple materials. The electronic brake makes stopping quick and easy after every cut.
- This is a contractor-grade corded saw that delivers the power you need in a reliable machine that’s ideal for both professional and DIY use.
- The RIDGID 71687 614 Dry Cut Circular Saw is a powerful, lightweight, and easy-to-use 14-inch saw that is ideal for demolition and remodeling jobs around the house.
- The precision-ground carbide-tipped blade cuts through steel, copper, aluminum, plastic, or wood.
- Cut it faster than you can say “RIDGID,” and makeup to 4,300 cuts on a single charge. The RIDGID 71687 614 Circular Saw delivers all the features you need to get through the toughest jobs.
- It has a dry cut feature to deliver a cleaner and faster cut on plastics, metals or wood, as well as a broken tooth extraction function that prevents damage to blades.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Grooving Machines
The following Ridgid product has an AMAZING 83% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5…
The RIDGID 25638 975 Combo Roll Groover is a heavy-duty tool that makes grooves in 3/8-, ½- and ¾-inch cement board joints and combines a portable duct-tape system with a staple-free groove maker.
Featuring a compact design and a lightweight yet durable aluminum construction, this machine operates like a tracker, with its blade and infeed roller performing a synchronized operation that reduces chatter and allows for an extremely smooth cut edge.
This unit has exceptional features including an auto coolant purge to keep it running when others are down as well as automated lubrication opportunities. And this unit’s advanced variable speed control will give you the ability to fine-tune this machine based off of the material you’re working with…
The 25638 975 Combo Roll Groover gives you a versatile tool that lets you create grooves, rim cuts and more all in one fell swoop. Whether you need to groove the edge of a cut-out piece for a heavy duty strap application or create an array of holes in sheet metal for simple grommets, this machine is built for the job.
- The Ridgid 975 Combo Roll Groover rolls across the groove in one direction and flips, eliminating hand walking.
- The smooth action draws the tool into the stone while maintaining full control with an outside handle grip.
- The RIDGID 975 Roll Groover comes with a blade guide, depth gauge, handle, chip shield, and blade for accurate grooving every time.
- The 25638 975 Roll Groover is for grooving concrete or asphalt pavement for drainage and leveling, prior to overlaying, patching, or resurfacing.
- It cuts grooves up to 1/2″ deep with up to a 6″ groove width. The 25638 features a totally enclosed gear case, direct-drive gearbox, and hydraulic power unit for maximum durability.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Tubing Cutters
The following Ridgid product has an AMAZING 80% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Get the perfect cut every time with the Ridgid 32975 Model 103 Close Quarters Tubing Cutter! This compact tubing cutter can be used for either 1/8″ or 5/8″ tubing and features an adjustable anvil that allows for flush cuts.
It’s also spring-loaded to give you over 5 inches of travel for those hard-to-reach places.
This Ridgid Tubing Cutter is perfect for cutting copper, soft steel, and aluminum tubing. The style is designed for places that are hard to reach or put into specialty cutting locations.
Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, the RIDGID Model 103 tubing cutter provides the perfect solution for the job.
This compact cut-off tool is designed to make short work of close-quarters cuts—perfect for confined spaces and tight quarters.
With a lightweight design, comfort-grip handles, and an extra sharp, carbide-tipped blade, this tool features popular cutting power that’s destined to become your go-to tool on the job site…
Example of comments from Ridgid reviews:
Folks, they’re Ridgid! What else is there to really say? They’re the best brand on the market, the best quality on the market and they do the best job for the professional plumber like myself to the home owner that doesn’t mind spending a few dollars more to get a fine, well made tool that cuts instead of trying to thread a pipe like a cheapo brand.
- Rigid is well known for making quality plumbing tools and this delivers.
- It worked great. Rigid is a good brand. I own some other tools made by them and they are good too.
- Sometimes, the name brand is the ONLY true solution for a good product!
- Ridgid has made its name as the best manufacturer of plumbing tools on the market, and this cutter lives up to that name.
- It is extremely small and compact but packs the punch of a much larger cutter.
- This is the smallest tubing cutter I have ever used – which works great when working in a tight space.
- Cuts are as good as larger ones but take up less space in your toolbox, tote, or belt – leaving room for other tools.
- Is only the best and is perfect for anyone who does a lot of brake lines.
- It’s perfect for getting into tight areas and is still made in the good old USA! Can’t be beaten!
- Works great to cut pipe. Works best as a close-quarters cutter.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Toilet Augers
The following Ridgid product has an excellent 77% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5…
No one likes having a toilet clog on a Saturday afternoon. No one likes having a toilet clog at all. But, toilets get clogged, and sometimes there’s nothing you can do about it, right? WRONG!
This Ridgid toilet auger is a simple and quick fix for any clog! It comes with a 3-foot-long coiled steel auger and a wide-mouthed end that’s designed to grab onto clogs and pull them out of the drainage pipe.
The Ridgid 59787 K-3 toilet auger’s bulb head makes pulling out clogs easier, and the blue handle makes it easy to see where the tool is.
This Ridgid 59787 K-3 toilet auger is a handy tool to have around in case of emergencies. It’s compact enough that it’s easy to stash under your sink or in a closet—useful in case you need to clear a clogged toilet when you’re not at home.
This model’s 3-foot long tapered steel cable packs an extra punch when fighting your toughest battles.
There’s a heavy-duty wire mesh screen in the flange that provides added security as well as strength while the bulb head delivers extra power and better access to tight spots…
Example of comments from Ridgid reviews:
This auger snake might just be the best product I’ve ever bought! It certainly is very effective, yet quite easy to use.
- Best of all, this product is cheap and made in the USA.
- The quality of this brand is unrivaled and constructed very well, so the costlier price reflects this.
- This tool is so simple and easy to use, I would recommend it to family and friends.
- Best invention EVER!!
- If you have a toilet clogged, get this tool. It’s great for commercial or industrial use.
- This thing took only 3 minutes to do the job. And the best thing was it didn’t leave any scratch on the porcelain.
- Best home maintenance item to have on hand.
- This unit is worth every penny.
- Oh my goodness! This is the best thing ever for clearing a clogged and frequently problematic toilet.
- As a plumber for over 45 yrs, I’ve always found Ridgid tools to be of good quality I’ve used Malco and several other brands of augers but these are the best!
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Hex Wrenches
The following Ridgid product has a MIND-BOGGLING 90% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Need a good set of long-handled wrenches? You could go with the Ridgid 31305 model E-110 hex wrench, which gets rave reviews from users who like the extra reach it provides.
The Ridgid E-110 model has a 9-1/2-inch offset head, which is good for getting to nuts and bolts that are hard to get at.
The RIDGID Model E-110 offset hex wrench delivers maximum comfort and leverage. With a chrome vanadium construction, it combines forged, heat-treated steel with a forged aluminium backing for strength and durability. Offset design provides clearance for fastener heads to increase productivity.
These hex wrenches feature lightweight heads and handle to allow for extended reach, whether you’re working in tight spaces or on ladders. Bits are made of durable high-carbon steel and chrome plated for exceptional strength and resistance to corrosion.
Example of comments from Ridgid reviews:
This is a quality tool. As a professional plumber I use this tool a lot to take apart Sloan toilets and urinals as the flat jaws won’t mar the finish, and it also works great when working on sink basket strainers to loosen and tighten the locking nut underneath.
- When it comes to plumbing wrenches my experience is you can’t go wrong with Ridgid, and this wrench is no exception.
- My dad got me into the Ridgid brand and has purchased the Ridgid version of things. A bit pricier but worth the investment.
- I wanted to confirm here that it is indeed made in the USA and has the beautiful fit and finish that one expects from USA-made Ridgid products.
- RIDGID is made to a higher standard than the others… It may be more expensive, but it is a better tool.
- If you want to solve your pipe problems just use Ridgid.
- RIDGID makes awesome hand tools.
- Another solid Ridgid tool that will last you a lifetime.
- Very high-quality construction that you would expect from Ridgid.
- It fits the plumbing application where it was needed. The good quality seems to be what can be expected from Ridgid.
- Unlike a regular pipe wrench. This tool is highly recommended. You know it’s a Ridgid, so it is high quality.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Pipe Wrenches
The following Ridgid product has a MIND-BOGGLING 94% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5…
The RIDGID 31100 Model 818 Aluminum Straight Pipe Wrench, 18-inch is a durable pipe wrench with a forged aluminum frame. The wrenches jaws are coated with titanium carbide and the handles are made of impact-resistant material for comfort and durability.
This tool is designed for professionals, and is an excellent addition to any tool collection. It is designed for those who need to work with large, heavy plumbing jobs, and is incredibly durable.
The Ridgid Model 818 is made from a combination of aluminum and steel and includes several features which really help to increase its usefulness, making it one of the best plumbing wrenches on the market…
Example of comments from Ridgid reviews:
You can’t beat Ridgid pipe wrenches. As a Steamfitter pipe wrenches are a daily part of my job. I have used plenty of other brands, but the Ridgids are still the best.
- You could get them cheaper in another brand, I get that but you’ll end up replacing them in Ridgid anyways. Buy quality tools once or you’ll regret it.
- For some tools, always buy the name brand… Ridgid is the number one pipe wrench!
- What can I say, they are a Ridgid brand and very good quality, never buy a cheap pipe wrench.
- My guy is a gas and oil technician and will no longer buy anything other than Ridgid pipe wrenches.
- They are just far superior to other brands.
- Aluminum Ridgid pipe wrenches are my favorite.
- I use them every day for work and wouldn’t use another brand.
- They grip great and hold up the best!
- Sturdy, well-balanced, and lightweight – nobody beats a RIDGID!
- The only brand-name pipe wrench worth my money.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Steel Pipe Reamers
The following Ridgid product has an AMAZING 85% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 and has earned Amazon Choice status…
The RIDGID Reamer is a sharp, stainless steel blade reamer designed to remove excess and rusted pipe produced from stripping or burring.
If you need to enlarge a threaded hole, the RIDGID 29983 223S stainless steel pipe reamer is the ideal tool for any job. It fits inside the pipe and removes inside and outside threads.
The reamer is designed with three flutes that help it cut through threads quickly. The tool has a hardened body, spiral point, interchangeable shank and spindle, knurled thread protector, and handle.
These reamers are designed to tackle any job without flinching. The reamers are just as tough as the company’s tools, and they have been rigorously tested to be the best in their class.
Whether you’re a contractor or a weekend warrior, the RIDGID Stainless Steel Pipe Reamer is just what you need for your plumbing projects…
Example of comments from Ridgid reviews:
Ridgid always makes amazing tools with great quality. This deburing tool has got to be one of the best. I have used the tip of pliers, worn bits etc. But this tool has made life better every time I’m working on plumbing or electrical for conduit burr.
- Really the BEST pipe deburring tool I have ever used! You just can’t go wrong!
- Like always Ridgid makes the finest tools there are.
- It’s a high-quality reamer, very comfortable to work with, has a nice feeling when you hold it in your hand, it’s ragged, and gives an accurate result
- The best pipe cleaner I have ever bought this thing works great on all kinds of copper.
- Best reamer made – bar none.
- If you are a DIYer and have a plumbing tool kit, this has to be in it.
- There are others out there but this one works the best I’ve tried different brands.
- This is the PERFECT deburring tool no matter what your field.
- Copper or plastic pipe, an electrical conduit of any class, even steel. This has no trouble cleaning the inner and outer edges and leaving them smooth and ready for use.
- It only takes a few seconds and the results are flawless.
Ridgid Is A Good Brand For Lithium-Ion Batteries
The following Ridgid product has an AMAZING 84% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 and has earned Amazon Choice status…
This rechargeable lithium-ion battery featuring a state-of-the-art charge indicator this battery is perfect for use in all of your Ridgid 18V Tools.
The AC840086 battery for the Ridgid 18V Genuine OEM range are designed with the leading, high quality cells. Reap the benefits of our superior quality and performance and gain extra convenience with a robust battery design.
The Hyper Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery delivers 84% more run time and works with all Ridgid 18-Volt tools. Li-Ion technology provides long life and maximum power while keeping the battery light and easier to hold, even in hard-to-reach places.
Example of comments from Ridgid reviews:
Genuine Ridgid batteries are the way to go. You get what you pay for. And paying for this one is the best.
- I’m sure glad all Ridgid 18 volt batteries interchange and charge on the same charger. That has kept my old hammer drill from becoming obsolete.
- Works great – lighter than the original Ridgid batteries I was using.
- Very glad these are being produced so I can continue to use that set of cordless tools.
- Great battery for an impact driver or light. I use my rigid tools heavily daily for my job.
- This battery has lasted a few months now no problem. For the cost, can’t go wrong.
- Finally, thinking of consumers by making a product that is backward compatible with older products.
- Awesome batteries. They last twice as long as the batteries that came with the drill/impact set.
In summary, Ridgid, best known for its next-generation, ergonomically designed, industrial-quality power tools, have a reputation for being a tough-as-nails brand.
Whether you are looking for a professional-grade tool to make jobs around your home and garage easier and faster, or simply need some extra equipment to get the job done, Ridgid is a brand well worth considering.
Ridgid is a brand that focuses on producing tools that are built to last. The tools that they produce can handle any job that you throw at them, and they are guaranteed to hold up well under any sort of conditions and to be easy to use.
Their tools are so easy to use that they even have a battery that can run a cordless tool for up to an hour!
You may also be interested in… Is WEN A Good Brand? (Affordable Quality Power Tools For DIYers) and Is INGCO A Good Brand? Affordable Tools – Professionals & DIYers