If you want the best portable grill that folds down so compact it is super easy to travel with and yet still has a very impressive cooking surface area then you will love the Coleman Portable Stand-Up Roadtrip Grill…
The Coleman Roadtrip Grill has a water tray for collecting grease that makes clean up easier and even helps with the moisture of your food, it has very convenient pull-out side trays for easy food prep, 3 burners for faster and more even heat, and it has wheels.
Here Is What Reviewers Had To Say About The Coleman Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill…
Introducing A Portable Grill That Has Plenty Of Cooking Surface Area!
Every time I take it camping someone in the camp/campground has to stop and check it out and are always amazed by the size of the cooking area. Plus it folds up very compact.
- The large grilling area allowed me to cook for 7 hungry people all at once: burgers, chicken breasts, sausages, and hot dogs all at the same time.
- I have used it for all kinds of cooking and all I can say is it is amazing.
- We had six people to cook for and there was plenty of grilling space for all the burgers. The option for all of the heating was fabulous. Burgers were cooked to perfection.
- This is one heck of a nice grill! I’ve used it several times and it cooks better than my larger one.
- If you’re looking for a small barbeque (small isn’t easy to find) that cooks like a large one, this is it.
- Grilled steaks twice, cheeseburgers once, and mahi-mahi twice. Each time, an amazing grill taste came through. The cheeseburgers were the best I’ve ever tasted.
- The Grill area should be enough for two racks of ribs. I love this little thing.
- While “portable”, the Coleman RoadTrip 285 is larger than a typical portable camp stove with 285 sq. inches of cooking area.
- The surface area is big enough to grill/ barbecue about 2 lbs of Chicken.
- The grill cooks everything pretty evenly and the larger surface area means I can cook more food at the same time so no one ever has an empty place.
Portable Grill With Cast Iron Grates!
This one also has cast iron grill grates, which I think will work better than the thinner bars on the old grill I had.
- The cast-iron grates are of good quality, the large drip tray below is removable and looks easy to clean.
- Great little grill for a camper. I take the cast iron grate out when moving.
- The grates are cast iron and heat up quickly.
- Excellent product. Love the cast iron grates.
- The oval-shaped 285 has 2 horseshoe type cast iron grates, the grates are perfectly designed to have an enclosed center with spaced openings around the edges.
The Coleman RoadTrip Stand-Up Grill Is The Best Portable Grill… EVER!
Portability — Easy to assemble and move around. You can move your kitchen and cooking area as far away as you want (keeping animal attracting odors away from your sleeping area).
- Perfect for tailgating and camping, or as an additional grill at a large party.
- It’s very portable, cooks like a wonder, is easy to store and, thanks to Coleman quality, is REALLY built to last.
- The design is excellent, and it folds for rolling and storage easily. Kudos to the designer!
- The grill is big for traveling on vacation.
- But great for weekend camping but excellent for tailgating.
- I BBQ a lot of food every year (winter included) I was looking for something easier to take to campgrounds or while at the river jet skiing.
- And you can take it on a road trip.
- I pack it right into my car and cook on the road when my wife and I travel.
- It is a convenient grill that does a good job grilling and easy to open up and close down and travel with.
- The same portability frees up your table (or truck bumper) for serving beverages and food.
- This is much better than a tabletop grill because you can set it up anywhere.
- We used it for a week recently when visiting and were able to see its flexibility. We took it on a picnic to a local park near them and it handled steak and hamburgers flawlessly.
- Great item especially for tailgating, camping, etc.
- It’s easy to collapse for transporting but still sturdy and well built.
- It’s a nice grill for camping or for going out to a picnic site.
- We purchased this grill for cookouts with our son’s baseball team. It was great.
- I will use it for camping and it a good size to use on my boat.
- We bought this grill for our RV! It fits great in the storage compartment and cooks all the food evenly!
The Water Tray Collects Grease And Makes Grilled Meat Super Moist!
The water tray is a great thing to catch fatty run-off and MAY actually provide some moisture for the grilling process
- Additionally, there is a new insert at the bottom that can be filled with water.
- This prevents a lot of grease from sticking to the bottom of the grill and can be removed for ease of cleaning. I LOVE this new addition!
- The water pan inside captured all the grease easily and makes perfect sense for the design.
- I love the fact that whatever your cooking doesn’t have the ability to drip grease on the burners and cause flare-ups. That has always been my problem in the past using cheap tailgating/camping grills.
- The water tray does a great job of collecting the grease and makes cleaning simple.
- I love the water pan for the drippings. It makes cleaning up very easy. Everything is perfect!!
- It works great. Heats up quickly. I like the tray you put water in under the grates to collect all the mess. It makes it easy to clean up.
- Love the grill. Actually like the cleaning of the bottom pan as you now put water in it and it just cleans right up.
- Great buy, my husband loves it! The best feature is the water hold tray, which makes the meats grilled super moist! Great grill.
It Has 3 Burners – Cooks Faster With Even-Heat!
The three burners make all the difference in the world. I am finally able to sear a steak with perfection.
- It has three burners so the things that you are grilling do cook unevenly.
- This grill is very sturdy, 3 burners cook great, easy set-up and use.
- The third burner adds plenty of additional heat when needed.
- We especially like this model as it has three burners.
- Three different heating zones, which can be adjusted independently, including two burners and a straight across the heating element.
- The three burners cook fast, even on low, so be ready to flip your burgers and turn your hot dogs quicker than normal.
- This thing rocks – gets up to 700 degrees, tons of power, 3 burners – can cook over indirect heat if desired.
- Didn’t appear I was using a portable gas grill… this thing heats up like a full-size one.
- Easy to assemble. The three burners help grill food evenly along the entire surface.
- Instead of two burners, there is one continuous burner in an oval shape that runs from one end to the other.
- You can still just ignite one or two burners if you’re just grilling a couple of items.
- But now, by turning on the third igniter, you’re able to use the entire grill surface to cook a lot more food when you have multiple people, or you want leftovers.
Also Ideal For Apartments, Townhouses, RVs, Patios, And Balconies!
The Coleman RoadTrip is a great portable grill for camping, tailgating, or maybe even apartment dwellers with an outside area that may not accommodate a larger gas grill.
- As we are much older now and only the two of us, we wanted something for cooking outside, but smaller. The Coleman 285 is it!
- I just moved to a townhome with a small patio.
- I purchased this grill for use on my deck and also to have the capability of taking out if needed.
- I have a small balcony and this is great for it.
- Cook on my deck all the time.
- I couldn’t be happier with this grill. We live in a small townhome and this is perfect for a family of 4.
- I would recommend to anyone looking to buy a grill either for a small apartment or small family or for camping. So happy with this purchase!
- We love this grill. We live in an apartment and do a lot of car camping – the grill is lovely, compact, easy to fold, and relatively easy to clean.
- My bf and I bought this for our apartment balcony and it works great.
- We live in a condo and this is perfect for our patio.
- Awesome little grill for a small patio.
Cleaning The Coleman Portable Grill Is So Easy!
Cleaning the grill is one of the easiest that I have ever done. It obviously has a huge advantage being a gas grill, but all the parts come out, including the interior catch tray. They are all coated so quickly cleaning them is not a concern.
- Cleaning up? Soooooooo easy, I actually took the grates into the house and hand washed them. The water tray? Easy to clean.
- It cooks great! And so easy to put away and clean. Wonderful for travel.
- This model much easier to clean than the previous one.
- Grates come off easily to wash. I can’t say enough good things about it.
- It gets super hot and it’s pretty easy to clean.
- Extra cooking area and drip pan make clean up easier great improvements.
- Clean up is a snap 10 minutes and my grill is sparkling clean and set up for my next usage. I love this grill.
- It’s very handy to go camping. Going to use this winter in the garage to grill and it’s real easy to clean.
- This is a great grill if you don’t want a big one sitting outside … still get lots of grill space and super easy to clean!
- Cleaning it was simple as was putting it away.
Capable Of Replacing Your Big Backyard Grill!
We purchased this grill to replace our full-size grill. We like the compact size and have not missed the larger grill at all.
- Right now I’m using it as my only backyard grill and it gets the job done.
- I got tired of spending hundreds of dollars on big grills that do not last long. I love this grill and I think it will outlast any of my big grills.
- We also figured that if we ever get a regular grill, we can keep this for when we go camping or tailgating.
- Easy and quick set up, easy to move around, and cooks burgers, steaks, and chicken as well as the larger grill we replaced with this.
- It’s perfect for the campground, beach party, or grilling in your own backyard. Hands-down, it’s the nicest grill we’ve ever owned.
- Overall, this is an amazing portable grill and awesome for the price. This could easily be used for a backyard at the home grill that can be then packed up when you want it on the go.
Portable Grill With Side Trays!
The sliding side trays give you plenty of room for food preparation and holding your utensils.
- There are convenient slide-out side areas large enough to stage food.
- The grill has two little tables that pull out on either side that make things easier on the cook.
- There are two handy side shelves that slide out from under the burners for placing condiments etc.
- The side tables push in underneath the grill so they don’t take up any extra space which is awesome.
- Amazing versatility for a portable grill. The side tables pull in and out which is awesome and provide plenty of space.
- Great cooking surface and 2 nice pull-out shelves.
- Functions just as well as my older grill but with much-needed shelves (they slide in/out as needed) and a super convenient stand.
Portable Grill With Wheels!
It locks closed and the wheels are strong and large enough to pull over rough terrain or through sand.
- I like the compact size, and the wheels the most.
- Once I got home I wheeled it to its designated spot in the garage and left it upright against the wall where it hardly takes any space.
- The stand works just like the old one did, easy to collapse and roll to another location, or just unhook and you can put the grill on a tabletop.
- I wheel it in and out of the garage for use.
- Love the wheels. There is a little assembly needed when it arrives.
- It has two wheels attached to a collapsible fold-up stand.
- You can maneuver it easily with the wheel by using the carrying handle at the opposite end when folded down.
- It folds down easily and turns into a cart so you can easily wheel your grill to your destination.
- The feature set on the Coleman Roadtrip, such as wheels and accessories, along with a lower price is what sold me.
In summary, the Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill is a very clever and effective portable grill.
The easy to pull stand-up functionality is perfect and even the slide outside trays add that extra touch of convenience.
This brand also features here…
It is so easy to travel with and is the ideal quick solution for last-minute BBQs and family picnics in the park while being a robust solution for longer camping trips and vacations.
You may also be interested in reading… Is Coleman A Good Brand? and Is Dyna Glo A Good Brand for Smokers, Grills, And Heaters