The pit barrel cooker takes the guesswork out of cooking the most tender, juicy, flavorful, delicious meat and is so versatile even your veggies will taste better…
Complete beginners are cooking amazing tasting food with this thing!
What Is A Pit Barrel Cooker?
The Pit Barrel Cooker is a uniquely American invention that combines the smoke with low and slow cooking of a smoker or pit with the convenience of a grill, all in a compact, easy-to-use cooker.
Pit Barrel Cookers are containers that you fill with burning logs and seal to cook your food. The pit barrel cooker has a lot of advantages over other ways of cooking meat.
Is The Pit Barrel Cooker A Smoker?
The Pit Barrel Cooker is a cooker that can be used as both a smoker and a grill. The main advantage is the several hours of smoke that the food gets. This smokey flavor is one of the main things that people love about barbecue and other grilled foods.
The Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker takes all the guesswork out of barbecue, roasting, and smoking meats by using indirect heat and a great source of smoke. Its simple design makes it one of the easiest to use smokers on the market today.
Low and slow is still the name of the game, but because the barrel doesn’t require a lot of attention, it is much easier to use than a traditional smoker.
How Does The Pit Barrel Cooker Rate?
From the Pit Barrel website, there have been 1190 reviews and a mind-boggling 1150 of them have rated this product 5 out of 5-stars.
If that wasn’t impressive enough 100% of respondents said they would recommend the Pit Barrel to a friend…
The Pit Barrel Cooker Is So Easy To Use
The Pit Barrel Cooker is so easy to use, you will be able to set up and start cooking a meal in no time!
This outdoor cooker is so great because you can cook all kinds of meat and even make desserts on it. The cooker uses charcoal and not propane so you don’t have to worry about refilling the tank.
The revolutionary Pit Barrel Cooker will change the way you think about cooking outdoors all year long. It’s so easy to use, it’s perfect for new or seasoned pitmasters. And it works great for social gatherings, backyard barbecues, tailgating, camping, and more!
It is the easiest way to meal prep and grill! It’s the perfect way to smoke ribs, chicken, pork, vegetables, and seafood all at once.
Here Is What Reviewers Said About This Pit Barrel Cooker:
This product is AWESOME. I have used every kind of cooker you can imagine: gas, electric, charcoal, vertical, horizontal you name it. This is the most consistent and easy to manage cooker there is.
- I am addicted…never has smoking been so easy.
- If you’re ready for an easy-to-use, hands-off smoker that produces mind-blowing results order this thing right now. You won’t be disappointed.
- Easy to use and makes excellent BBQ. I’ve made several great briskets, ribs, and chickens. Idiot proof instructions on the Pit Barrel website.
- This PBC is an amazing device and the purchase of it resulted in me selling my Weber Smokey Mountain, as the PBC is SO easy, and SO much easier to clean.
- Can it be that easy & if so, can the results be any good? With the Pit Barrel, it’s yes and yes.
- If you’re looking for a good, easy way to put out good meat this is a fantastic way to go.
- The Pit Barrel Cooker is awesome. Now it’s easy to make GREAT BBQ at home even if you don’t know how to grill.
- The kids say anything that I cook in the Pit Barrel is great… chicken, burgers, pulled pork, brisket, chuck roast, wings, etc.
- Outstanding. Who knew BBQ and Smoking could be this easy and fun?
- This is the smoker for you; no matter your skill level or experience.
The Pit Barrel Takes The Guesswork Out Of Everything
You want a great barbecue. But you don’t want to go back outside four times to check the meat temp, start a charcoal fire, spritz smoke on your food, and watch live coals die. Luckily, the Pit Barrel was invented.
When you buy a Pit Barrel Cooker, the first thing you’ll notice is that it’s unlike any other smoker you’ve ever owned.
While other smokers require you to use your best guesswork to adjust your cooking times, the Pit Barrel Cooker makes it easy by eliminating all guesswork and taking the hard work out of barbecue!
The clever design makes it a cinch to prepare food with high heat and smoke on demand.
It’s super simple. Fill the basket with coals, place basket in PBC, dribble some lighter fluid on the top layer, drop a match in, wait 15 min, hang your meat, close the lid, go watch a movie, or fish, or whatever for the recommended cook time. Pull your meat out and enjoy. It truly is set it and forget it.
- You need to temp your meats, obviously, but it’s as close to set it and forget it as outdoor cooking gets.
- It’s just so simple to use and forgiving. The temperature “management” is effortless. It’s as close to set it and forget as you can get.
- I have never seen another charcoal-fueled product that can do this – period. It literally is a ‘set it and forget it’ device.
- It’s like the infomercial… “set it and forget it”.
- I just put it in there, put a remote thermometer in the right place in the meat, and forget about it until the temp alarm goes off.
- This is the only charcoal cooker/smoker where it truly is a set it and forget it, like an electric.
- I used it today for the first time and I was blown away at how easy it was to use. Set the fire, put the meat on, and forget it. The meat was so juicy and tender.
- This cooker lives up to the hype. I couldn’t be more pleased with the performance and ease of use. Truly “set and forget” with no fussing about temperature.
- Buy this NOW if you are looking for a ‘set it and forget it’ smoker. Plenty of room inside, great flexible design and if you follow the direction on their website for what you are smoking, it’s near idiot-proof.
What Can You Cook On A Pit Barrel Cooker?
You can cook anything that you would cook in an oven. You can put on ribs, brisket, fish, whole lambs, turkeys, potatoes, and breads. People have cooked cornbread, cookies, bacon cheeseburgers, and peach pie.
No one should limit themselves to only putting meat on their Pit Barrel Cooker. As long as it fits in the cooker it will cook just as well.
Pit Barrel Cookers are perfect for slow smoking, grilling, and roasting. They have had customers who have cooked over 100 different recipes on their Pit Barrel Cooker and below you will see some of these in actions…
Cook The Most Tender And Juicy Brisket
Once upon a time, cooking the perfect brisket was a matter of luck; the temperature was hard to control, the timing was difficult to determine, and a lot of people ended up with tough, dry, or flavorless meat.
Today, a brisket is much easier to prepare because the Pit Barrel helps you control the temperature to ensure you can cook the most tender and juicy brisket you’ve ever tasted.
FANTASTIC…AWESOME…GLORIOUS…PHENOMENAL…..these are the exact words used to describe the brisket that I smoked for the superbowl meal in the pitt barrel cooker that I just got, uttered by my 13 and 15 year old grandkids.
- It also cooks so evenly that it speeds up the process. I did a 15lb brisket (pre-trimmed weight) in 4.5 hours, and it was AMAZING!
- This thing is a rib and brisket-making machine. If you know how to light a grill you can smoke meat like a champ with a PBC.
- The brisket was a huge full-packer brisket from Costco and was somehow done in about 4 hours… it was tender and juicy.
- My pit barrel cooker is the smartest buy I’ve made in a long time. I smoked a 16-pound brisket in nine and a half hours, and it was unbelievably flavorful, ridiculously tender, and juicy beyond belief.
- A 16-pound brisket only took 4 hours and had the perfect smoky flavor using the Kingsford traditional charcoal they recommend.
- Smoked a flat brisket- followed the video, in 5 hours had a perfectly smoked, very tender brisket!! Totally amazed!! Love it!!
- Amazing. Do yourself a favor and buy this if you even remotely like to BBQ and or smoke food. Brisket is amazing!
- Brisket? OMG – my extremely picky stepdad said it was the best brisket he’s ever had.
- This cooker made brisket a painless cook with even better results.
- This is BY FAR the most amazing grill I’ve ever eaten off of. Don’t even get me started on the brisket. Literally to die for!!
The Results Were Fantastic! Chicken Was Moist, Slightly Smoky, And Delicious!
Yes, you can cook chicken on the Pit Barrel Cooker, a one-of-a-kind, direct heat, slow-smoking barbecue. It will take between 1 and 2 hours to cook the meat depending upon the size of the chicken.
Nobody likes to cook chicken. It’s bland and dry, and it never tastes as good as it should. And even if you make a sauce or stuff it with herbs or whatever, it never really tastes that great.
Plus, it’s so thin that you can’t really cook it on a grill unless you use a special rack, which isn’t a big deal but it’s just one more thing to clean.
However, thanks to the Pit Barrel cooker, you can now cook chicken easily and make it taste much better. All you have to do is season the meat, stick it in the barrel, and let the cooker do the work for you.
I honestly don’t believe I could buy food this good at ANY restaurant at any price. Juice just flows out of a chicken.
- I’ve Never Had Chicken Breast As Moist And Tender As What Came Out Of The PBC
- If you’re thinking about getting one just do it. I’ve used it countless times on ribs, chicken, burgers, brisket. ribs come out amazing. The chicken is spectacular. Like, best chicken I’ve ever had.
- Simply an amazing device. I have other smokers and this one is my go-to smoker for Chicken or whenever we tailgate.
- The chicken came out incredible and the ribs were just absolutely perfect!
- Best tri-tip and chicken I have ever done!! When my wife talks about if frequently, I know it is good.
- I have really had great success with hanging ribs and briskets and using the grate to smoke up a couple dozen whole chicken wings at a time.
- Ribs and chicken are unbelievably good and so simple.
- We cooked ribs multiple times and I’ve cooked chickens. Probably the most delicious tender chicken I’ve ever tasted.
- I have cooked whole chickens, chicken wings, baby back ribs, and a prime rib on this thing and everything turned out wonderful.
- The chickens took about 90 minutes (160-165F) and were so tender and juicy… even the white meat, and I’m not a big white meat fan. It was like butter, but not overdone and mushy.
Imagine Turning Out 8 Slabs Of Competition-Grade Ribs Anytime You Want!
Pit Barrel Cooker was designed to cook several whole slabs of beef ribs at once. YES! The versatility of the Pit Barrel lets you cook multiple types of meat without changing setups or using different temperature zones.
My first cook was three racks of ribs. Let me tell you. Amazing! Chock full of deep, smoky flavor and juice sometimes spurting out as I took a bite. 5 hours later I could still taste the smoky goodness in my mouth.
- I made awesome ribs right out the gate, the first time. Better than I had ever accomplished with the WSM after three years.
- The ribs were practically falling off the bone.
- I took slab number 2 to work the next day. My co-workers told me those were some of the best ribs they have ever had in their lives. We’re Texans and we love our BBQ.
- I recommend to you, what I started on this grill with, RIBS! You will LOVE THEM.
- The absolute best ribs that you have ever cooked!
- Speaking of ribs… the PBC is a rib cooking machine!
- I used my PBC for the first time yesterday. I made three racks of ribs. They were the best I ever had!! This is a game-changer.
- This thing is best at making ribs and does them better than anything else out there for under a thousand dollars.
- Truly the best bang for the buck. Best ribs, I have ever barbecued.
- The Pit Barrel Cooker is Amazing!!!!!! Best Ribs I’ve ever eaten… And I cooked them myself in the Pit Barrel.
Pork Loin Absolutely Delicious With A Beautiful Smoke Ring!
You can cook a pork loin on the Pit Barrel with great results. The Pit Barrel Cooker is designed for off the grill slow cooking but is also very efficient using charcoal briquets. You can control the temperature and set it to cook at 250° or lower.
I smoked a 8.5 pound pork butt for my first attempt. No fuss, no hassle. Everybody that had some said, “I have never had anything better in a restaurant.” It had a deep smokey flavor without adding any wood chips.
- I cooked an 8 lbs pork butt in the PBC and let it cook for 9 hours — the result was absolutely amazing.
- The pulled pork had so much smokey charcoal flavor combined with globs of juicy savory fat, dark flavorful bark, and succulent pork. IT pulled apart easily and without effort using some Bear Claws.
- The pulled pork was restaurant quality and needed no sauce whatsoever; the pork itself had all the flavor in the world. I was incredibly impressed with the result.
- It was just an absolute treat to eat the pork. I let several people including the electric BBQ crew sample the pulled pork and the empty cutting board and compliments spoke for themselves.
- I have since then smoked chicken quarters and pork butt and both were a hit with my dinner guests.
- A coworker of mine had purchased one of these smokers a few months back and had been bringing his meats to work for us to try. I was very skeptical at first until he brought a pork loin that was the moistest and tender pork I’ve ever had. So I bought one.
- Recently, he smoked a 7-pound pork loin roast to absolute perfection. Served 15 people, and got rave reviews.
- This “cooker” just made the best pork shoulder I have ever had/eaten.
- The first cook had family over for dinner…and it simply delivered the best-pulled pork (no sauce, don’t play that game) I have ever eaten. It’s all gone, 7 lbs…poof!
- I live in Central Texas where BBQ is king and this little unit can put out some of the best pork ribs, brisket, smoked turkey, smoked chicken, etc that has ever graced your taste buds.
You Can Grill With This Too!
The Pit Barrel cooker is a great grill to use in your outdoor kitchen or patio. It can also be used for smoking, curing meat, and using wood chips. In addition to all of this, it was built to be an excellent charcoal grill.
The PBC can be used for grilling or slow cooking; the included grill grate is solid and sits deep enough in the barrel to protect it from flare-ups caused by wind.
- I ordered one to put in my own backyard and dismantled my smoker, turning it into a large grill for burgers and brats. This thing ticks all the right boxes for me. It’s easy to operate, fuel-efficient, and puts out great food.
- He has used the cooker for smoking whole chickens and BBQ, has grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on it, and even grilled fresh corn on it.
- I finally used it as a grill for salmon, burgers, and pork chops. Everyone raved about them, even though I made them the same way I always do (just on a gas grill normally)
- Gave this to my older son. He has become quite good at using it for grilling and smoking.
- Ribs on Saturday and Salmon on Sunday. Hung the ribs and planked the salmon on the grill grate Sunday. Both came out perfect and everyone raved about how good everything was.
- I am not a good griller. I burned or undercooked everything on my old grill. This thing is amazing. Brats… Perfect with a very unique and great flavor.
- This could easily be the only grill/smoker you’d ever need.
- I’ve even used the remaining coals after cooking two whole chickens to grill sirloin steaks! The Pit Barrel Cooker is superbly versatile!!
- Yeah definitely worth the money. An amateur cooker can look like the best grill master.
- I grilled asparagus and red onion on the grill grate, and it does a great job. And it’s high enough off the coals that you will never have to worry about a flare-up burning your food if you grill something fatty like chicken.
Pit Barrel Cooker For Boston Butt!
The Pit Barrel Cooker revolutionizes traditional barbecue, making it easier than ever to cook the most tender and juicy, fall-off-the-bone barbecue.
This is a particularly good way to cook Boston butt. This is because Boston butt is a cut of pork shoulder that is used in a lot of different types of food, including pulled pork, pork barbecue, and several other dishes.
The metal barrel shape provides superior heat conductivity compared to other smokers, making every bite more flavorful and evenly cooked…
I cannot say enough good things about the Pit Barrel smoker. So far I’ve smoked chicken, pork ribs, whole turkey, Boston butt, and bluefish, and all have turned out delicious.
- That said, several hours in advance, hung a 4.5 lb. Boston Butt, or shoulder, and it was amazing.
- Since receiving the PBC, I’ve cooked several chickens, a full Boston butt (for pulled pork sandwiches), and salmon. Everything has turned out perfectly.
- We did a Boston butt in it the first day I got it and hamburgers and hot dogs the next. It really does give you a great flavor.
- Smoked a Boston butt then grilled wings. I’m very happy with my pit barrel.
- I’ve been making the best meat of my life on this thing! Flank steak, tri-tip, pork ribs, Boston butt, even smoked veggies.
- My first Boston butt was one of the best I’ve ever had. The PBC will make you look like a pro.
- I took it camping after owning it for 2 days and made (2) 8 lb Boston butts in about 7 hours.
Pit Barrel Cooker For Pizza!
The Pit Barrel Cooker is a revolutionary charcoal-fired outdoor cooker, designed to cook pizza and other foods at incredibly high temperatures while retaining the delicious smoke flavor normally lost in traditional outdoor cooking…
Not only will you want to cook game meat on the Pit Barrel, but you’ll love anything you cook on the PBC. I’ve done pizza, cookies, brownies, peach cobbler just to name a few. I’ve never a bad meal come off of my Pit Barrel.
- I have cooked ribs, brisket, pork butts, pork loins, chicken, burgers, brats, hot links, steaks of all kinds (NY, Ribeye, Skirt, Flank, Tri-Tip, Hanger, etc), turkey, duck, venison, bison, pizza, and I have even made flatbreads and pita’s on it.
- Put the food on (any meat, vegetables, pizza, even cookies!) and the results are literally fantastic every time.
- We’ve even been making some dang tasty pizza in the thing.
- I’ve done, Jalapeño poppers, stuffed mushrooms, steaks, roasts, chops, pork shoulder, ribs, chicken, and even pizza on this thing and have yet to have a bad meal or smoking experience.
- It’s incredibly versatile, easy to use, and fun to cook on. I’ve even made pizza on it!
- Smoked meats, fish, pizzas, wings this thing does it all.
Smoked A 13lbs Turkey On Thanksgiving Day With Little Effort
For a whole smoked turkey on Thanksgiving day, set up the pit barrel right before dinner. Then let the smoke go to work while you enjoy wine with your guests and relax before serving the most memorable bird you’ve ever eaten.
Here is how it works. You rub the bird with butter, add stuffing, put it in the barrel, light a fire in it, and walk away! In 4 hours you come back and you have the most tender juicy bird that tastes like it has been roasted for days…
We even cooked our turkey in it this year for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. Tons of flavor in the food, and it’s delicious every time.
- I got it in time for Thanksgiving and my turkey came out awesome.
- Dry-brined, mesquite-smoked turkey (18 lb, done twice) — outstanding.
- Love this cooker! My toy! Set it and forget it. Had it for a year now. Looking forward to doing the Thanksgiving turkey again.
- I have never smoked anything before. Everyone raved about the smoked turkey breast and there were no leftovers.
- Awesome little cooker. Have done everything from brisket to a whole Turkey on here and everything has turned out perfect and juicier than they ever did on my old offset smoker.
You Can Throw It In The Back Of Your Truck And Easily Take It Camping
The Original Pit Barrel Cooker is a great cooker for outdoor entertaining and it’s absolutely perfect for camping!
This cooker is designed to cook low ‘n’ slow, right at the campground.
You control the heat with just a few small adjustments for anything from juicy pork to tender vegetables.
The BBQ Barrel is perfect for all your outdoor needs. Whether you’re grilling at the beach, tailgating, or camping out in the back country, the Pit Barrel gives you a place to throw on charcoal, and a heated pit to put your food when it’s ready.
When you’re done, simply empty coals into the ash drawer and the barrel collapses so there’s next to nothing to clean up. Enjoy your time with friends and family…
Folks who camp a lot will tell you that the food is the best part of a camping trip. Barrel cooking is one of the easiest ways to cook while camping since you use charcoal and the food is fully contained in a barrel.
Barrel cooking is also a great way to save money on food since you can cook for an entire family in a way that is economical.
The PBC is the only way to go. Plus it is very portable, like if you wanted to go camping and have true BBQ!
- Small and light enough that you can take in the backseat to camping trips or when visiting family.
- Portable enough to take to the beach next summer.
- I wanted something more portable and to produce great flavor without “cheating” on an electric or gas grill. The Pit Barrel is fantastic and very easy to use.
- It is essentially a portable grill as well.
- I’m excited about the portability of this as we can easily load it in the trailer for a perfect camping/hunting solution!
- Easy, affordable, consistent, portable… I could go on… You’ll have your friends asking you to cook at their parties.
- We are a big camping family and can’t wait to have the PBC be a part of those memories too. Thank you for creating such an easy-to-use yet amazing cooker that will get tons of use in our house.
- It can handle a lot of food at once and is not too large to transport so you can cook while camping. You can’t go wrong with the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- I have had mine for over 2 years and take it to a lot of BBQs and camping.
- I’ve now had six friends who have seen mine in action and have ordered their own. Nothing easier than a PBC!
This Smoker Uses Is Natural Juices To Create The Smoke, No Need For Wood Chips Or Water Pans
All my friends that have smokers talk about watching the temperature, making adjustments to keep the temp, adding fuel, what wood to use etc.etc. Forget all that. It is as simple as put in the charcoal, light it, add meat, remove when done. Follow the Pit Barrel instructions and it is perfect.
- This does not even need wood (although you can add some for flavor) and the smoke just keeps rolling (from the fat hitting the charcoal).
- If you want to add wood chunks for more smoke, you don’t need more than a couple because of how efficient the PBC is. If you don’t have chunks, you will still love the results from the smoke generated from the drippings.
- It gives your meats a great flavor even without wood and it really does have the juices vaporized when cooking.
- Foolproof and so easy to use. If you like adjusting vents, adding charcoal or wood, fiddling with a smoker – do not buy this.
- If however, you are tired of micromanaging a smoker and still want to make your own brisket, ribs, chicken, etc – then this is a sure thing.
- It is truly set and forget! No adjusting the vents all the time. No need to constantly be restocking wood or charcoal.
- THE MOST FANTASTIC SMOKER OUT THERE!! You don’t have to fiddle with it, you don’t have to add charcoal or wood, nothing it is AWESOME!!!
High Capacity… 8 Racks Of Ribs Or 4 Chickens, Or 2 Turkeys At A Time
Buy it. It’s cheaper than most of the other smokers and the cooking capacity is tremendous, never mind how small the footprint is.
- The PBC can hold up to 8 racks of ribs at a time thanks to its hanging method – with the same footprint as a 22inch Weber. That is nuts!
- I really like the capacity as well, 8 racks of ribs is a winner for bigger parties.
- If you are an amateur smoker like me or a pro that wants a higher capacity or easier to use smoker, go for this.
- The capacity is impressive, too. You could easily fit two 12-pound briskets in here at the same time.
- High capacity for a unit this size (30-gallon barrel).
- In one session, it can hang (the meat hangs from hooks) either eight racks of ribs, four whole chickens (chickens get split in half), two to three large pork shoulders, or beef roasts or a whole turkey or other large bird.
- Cheap, affordable, durable, and absolutely awesome! I have used it for large parties and holidays and have received so much praise for my cooking.
- It has the ability to cook a large amount of meat. Love it!
The Pit Barrel Cooker Is The Perfect Gift… Multi-Functional
Amazing! Fiance loved his Father’s Day gift! He has already done 10 racks of ribs, an onion, a whole pineapple and about 15 chickens on this thing and he raves about it all the time! I’m very pleased with my purchase!
- Love my smoker, very nice to be able to set it up and leave it be, I liked mine so much have given it as a gift to others.
- My husband loves this…says it’s the best Christmas gift ever.
- I purchased a PBC (my fourth) at the request of my daughter as she wanted one as her wedding gift.
- Amazing! My Fiance loved his Father’s Day gift!
- Got this for a friend as a wedding gift and he loves it!
- I bought this smoker for my husband as a gift. My husband has smoked chickens, tri-tip, ribs, etc. Everything always tastes amazing. We’re both huge fans of the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- Love it. I have one and gave one as a Birthday gift to a fellow BBQ’R.
- My husband loves this! It was a gift and he couldn’t have been more pleased. A lot of meat fits inside and it doesn’t take nearly the time as other smokers.
- AWESOME PURCHASE!!! A gift to my husband, he absolutely loved it, the first time he cooked on it the meat turned out perfect!
- My hubby is enjoying his Valentine’s gift!
- The PBC was a gift and my children say it is the gift that keeps on giving.
- DUDE!!! So freaking amazing. I received the PBC as a Father’s Day gift this year and was so excited about it I couldn’t contain myself.
Definitely Worth The Money… An Amateur Cooker Can Look Like The Best Grill Master
If you’re on the fence about whether or not it’s worth the money, I can assure you from the dinner table, that it is very much worth the investment and you won’t be disappointed!
- This was so worth the money. You can use it as a smoker and grill. I heard about it from a co-worker that raved about he smokes all kinds of meat on it and then will take the lid off and grill for his wife.
- Best smoker for the money.
- For the money and to get into the game with great BBQ you can not go wrong.
- This is the best outdoor cooker for the money. Pretty much everything I have cooked on the PBC has come out excellent!
- Great product, husband is obsessed with this thing – had a year and a half now! He now videos and posts on Facebook, turkeys, chicken, fish, and his latest lamb shank – the best money I’ve spent on him in 23 years!
- Amazing!!! By far the best cooker you can get for the money, meat comes out perfect every time.
- Best smoker for the money. So simple and cooks way faster than your standard smoker. Also, the guy did all the trial runs so you don’t have to. Get this smoker now you will not regret it.
- Hands down, it is the best smoker you can buy for the money. If you are looking for your first smoker, this is a great smoker that you can grow with. If you are tired of cooking with a smoker that is high maintenance, this is your best choice.
- I did a lot of research and for the money, there is no better smoker.
- Even if you were willing to blow a lot more money I’m not sure you would really get an improved end product.
And The Customer Service Is Already Becoming Legendary
The company’s owners also clearly care about their product, their customers, and their craft in general – lots of customer engagement and support.
- I have contacted the owner of the company twice and have heard back (by email) within the hour. You can also call as their cell number is on the side of the barrel.
- BEST FEATURE – a real English-speaking human being answers your calls and emails if you have any issues or questions, and they are actually able to help you – WOW!
- I think it’s literally the owner’s wife that answers. Seriously the customer service is a big deal that you will not get with Weber or other big-name competitors.
- The owner lists his cell phone number on the box so you can call him with questions or concerns.
- I had several conversations with the OWNERS of the company and they were great also.
- You can’t go wrong and if you have questions you can call the owner and he’s more than happy to help you.
I Called Noah The Owner And He Picked Up Right Away And Was Very Helpful… He Also Followed Up The Next Day To See How My Cook Went!
Outstanding customer service! Noah, the owner puts his cell phone # right on each unit and encourages folks call him if they have any questions. I had to use the number once and sure enough, he happily answered my questions. Very cool.
- I had a small issue that I emailed about on a Saturday night and one of the owners emailed back immediately and took care of the problem. The owners are real pros in my book.
- It’s a wonderful product the only error was in my own use… and it helped that the owner of the company called me personally and we had a great conversation and that is priceless!
- I called with a question about lighting the charcoal and the owner’s wife answered the phone and was very helpful and super nice. Made. In the USA.
- The factory people, including the company owners, are over the top with the support of this product.
- I have talked to the owners, Noah and Amber, a couple of times and they could not be more helpful.
- Early on I had a few questions regarding the temp. I called the company and the owner actually answered and assisted me.
- I called the number on the cooker, which turned out to be Noah the owners’ cell phone number, and left a voicemail at 6 pm on a Thursday, he called me back within half an hour and we sat and talked about various BBQ items for the next half an hour.
Can You Use Wood Chips In A Pit Barrel Cooker?
While wood chips are not necessary for cooking fabulous food with the Pit Barrel you most certainly can add them and many people do use wood chips to create different flavors.
For example, you can use fruit woods like apple, cherry, and peach for beef, pork, or poultry when smoking in a pit barrel cooker. These woods will naturally lend a light smoke flavor to your food without overpowering your other flavors.
Pecan is also an excellent choice and can be used in place of fruitwoods. If you’re looking for a bolder flavor then hickory or mesquite are good options to try.
Just use one type of wood at a time when cooking and remember to keep the lid on the cooker during the smoking process.
The Pit Barrel Cooker is designed to provide even heat and smoke cooking for a variety of foods.
The cooker uses a combination of hardwood lump charcoal, wood chunks, or wood pellets to slowly and evenly cook foods such as burgers, chicken, pork chops, seafood, and vegetables.
The BBQ Guru Pit Barrel Cooker is the ultimate tool for backyard cooks looking to produce an award-winning barbeque!
In summary, I can’t get over how amazing this product is. Everything about the Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package is first class.
The Pit Barrel Cooker is a smoker that sells itself as the best choice for smoking meat.
It’s a vertical, barrel-shaped smoker that utilizes all-natural lump charcoal and a patented firebox design that allows the cook to control the temperature without opening the lid.
Many Pit Barrel owners love their smokers because it’s easy to use.
This brand and product rates as number 1 here… Best Grill, Smokers & Griddle Brands: Excellent & Amazing Options
It is one of those products that is so versatile you will never regret owning it. Beautiful, delicious tasting food without the hassle.
Beginner friendly, and the owner has a ton of videos on his Youtube channel showing how to cook all sorts of things AND the owners are very friendly with hand on customer service that will blow your mind.
Is the pit barrel cooker a good product? Thousand times YES!
You may also be interested in… Best Portable Grill For Tailgating