Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
What Is The Outdoor Research Brand Known For?
Outdoor Research has been around for over thirty years and has been producing innovative, top-of-the-line outdoor clothing. Everything from its base layers to its mid-layers is sure to keep you comfortable and warm whether you’re rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, or even just hiking.
Though the brand started out in Seattle as part of a basement operation, Outdoor Research has grown to have offices in all different areas of the world. As one of the premier brands on the market today, it’s no surprise that Outdoor Research gear is both dependable and high quality.
Everything from clothing to hiking and climbing equipment is made with superior quality and technical innovation in mind. Always striving to produce the best value out there, they deliver a wide range of products that will suit anyone’s needs from backpackers to skiers.
Let’s look at some of the best-rated Outdoor Research products and see what customers think about this brand and its products…
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Men’s Jackets
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Often people are interested in buying the latest outdoor gear. Some are looking to get the latest in top-of-the-line equipment, and others are looking to find something that will last a long time and be able to withstand the elements that are featured in the outdoor world.
One of the best sellers in the outdoor gear industry is the Transcendent Sweater. With the ability to handle the most extreme weather conditions this sweater will give you the warmth you need to keep you warm while you are outside.
In the winter, a good layer is essential for a good day out in the cold. But, when you need to wear more than just a warm sweater, you’ll need a good jacket, and that’s when a good layer and a good jacket start to blur together. The Transcendent sweater from Outdoor Research is a lightweight jacket that layers well as a standalone piece. But, since it’s made with Merino wool and can be worn as a mid-layer, it’s also comfortable enough to use as a standalone jacket.
This is a great choice for anyone looking for a product that is going to give them the best bang for their buck…
- Its Polartec Power Stretch fabric and a fully articulated fit keep your body free from restriction while allowing the freedom to layer on additional insulation underneath when extra warmth is demanded.
- The Outdoor Research Transcendent Sweater is a highly versatile pullover that layers and looks great in town or on the trail.
- Wool/nylon blend fabric has an ultra-soft feel and just the right amount of stretch to it so it moves with you instead of against you as you hike, climb, or scramble.
- Fit, function, and fashion combine in the Transcendent Sweater from Outdoor Research.
- With a soft hand, breathable merino wool blend is accented by a subtle texture and two-tone design for extra style points.
- A classic high collar adds warmth around your neck before you add on layers. The slim fit focuses on comfort without sacrificing mobility.
- The Men’s Transcendent Sweater is a luxuriously soft and breathable blend of merino wool with a hint of nylon for support.
- Its four-season versatility makes it a year-round favorite, ideal for layering over your favorite singlet when hiking or backpacking or under a shell on chilly ski days.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Men’s Shirts
The following Outdoor Research product has a good 65% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Every once in a while, Outdoor Research trades up from a specific style only to bring something new to the table and offer it in a new way.
They’ve done this with a few of their latest shirts, including a men’s version of their popular Wayward Sentinel shirt. That one has a similar design, with the notable exception of the fabric.
Outdoor Research Men’s Wayward Sentinel L/S Shirt is our go-to gear for high mountain peak bagging and trekking or ice climbing. The Sentinel Long-Sleeve shirt has a roomy fit, stretch fabric that improves mobility, and vents and pockets that help regulate temperature.
With a water-resistant, lightweight construction and UPF 30 rating, this Outdoor Research Wayward Sentinel L/S Shirt is among the best long sleeve shirts you’ll find for hiking. Mesh panels keep you cool and the stretchy stuffable pocket on the sleeve provides a convenient spot to stash a GPS or phone…
- Lightweight for layering yet tough enough for hard work, the Wayward Sentinel L/S Shirt from Outdoor Research is designed to move with you whether backpacking or working in the garden.
- Made of durable, breathable, and quick-drying fabric with a DWR for added moisture protection.
- The Wayward Sentinel L/S Shirt from Outdoor Research is the shirt you need to add comfort and versatility to any outdoor activity in whatever climate you happen to be traveling.
- Designed with double fabric construction with an inner layer of soft, wicking synthetic, this long sleeve shirt gives you maximum performance for your time outdoors.
- The raglan sleeves allow for an increased range of motion while the built-in sun protection on the underarms prevents harmful sun rays from interfering with your outdoor experience.
- Whether it’s a day hike or a backpacking trip through the wilderness, you will feel comfortable and protected no matter how far you travel.
- Whether you’re heading to the backcountry or just spending a day in the woods, this shirt is crafted to outlast the elements.
- The lightweight nylon ripstop fabric is treated with a DWR finish to withstand rain and is breathable enough for warmer weather.
- The relaxed fit will keep you comfortable on any trail, and built-in UPF 40 helps keep you covered from the sun without feeling weighed down.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Men’s Pants
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 74% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The men’s Cirque Pant is a lightweight and breathable convertible pant that features a four-way stretch material that won’t ride up when you move.
These essential lightweight travel pants from Outdoor Research are as functional as they are comfortable. The Cirque Pant is a midweight, water-resistant nylon and cotton blend that features a nylon-fleece lined waistband and gusseted crotch for enhanced mobility. Zippered hand pockets allow you to keep your wallet and other valuables secure, and stretch mesh-lined thigh vents feature built in mesh booties to keep your feet warm.
Made of quick-drying nylon with an elastic drawcord at the ankles, the Cirque Pants will keep you dry and comfortable as you travel far and wide…
- Stay cool on hot, summer days with the Cirque Pant from Outdoor Research.
- This high-performance technical pant is lightweight and quick-drying for full comfort in any weather, with a durable Drypoint fabric for ultimate durability and a two-way zip that allows easy access to your pack.
- When summer camping or backpacking, it’s always good to be prepared.
- The Cirque pant uses seam-taped waterproof fabric and an array of features to keep the elements out and the essentials in place while you’re enjoying a long day on the trail.
- The Cirque offers built-in functionality and weather-ready construction.
- A trim, athletic fit with articulated patterning is accented by a tumpline that allows you to wear the drawcord around your waist or on your forehead as you ascend.
- The Cirque features a front zippered pocket for essential gear, two welt hand pockets, and two rear patch pockets with zips for additional storage.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Men’s Shorts
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 71% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
If you’re looking for a great pair of shorts for your next outdoor excursion, you really should check out these Outdoor Research Men’s Equinox Shorts. They are extremely durable and have a lot of pockets, so you’ll never lose your keys or phone in the woods.
The Men’s Equinox Shorts are built for both climbing and hiking, and feature a comfortable, adaptable fit that doesn’t ride up when you’re scrambling up mountains or boulders. Their durable nylon shell, quick-drying mesh lining, and abrasion-resistant webbing keep you comfortable while you’re exploring.
These waterproof, stretch fabric cargo shorts provide activity-specific comfort and feature design details such as two side pockets with water-resistant zippers…
- Designed to be a versatile warm-weather short, our Equinox shorts don’t just look good… they also perform.
- Breathable and quick-drying super usable 9.5-oz stretch fabric keeps you cool and quiet in the high country and dries quickly if you wander off the beaten path.
- The closed pocket contains a 0.7 oz Backcountry fob, which allows you to clip the shorts to your belt loop so you don’t lose your keys after a big day on the trail or in the hills.
- Equinox Shorts offer a tough balance of durability and comfort for everything from easy trail hikes to camp-bounding in the backcountry.
- Made with burly, lightweight fabrics that are durable, abrasion-resistant, and water-resistant.
- Made from quick-drying, brushed polyester microfiber with a UPF rating of 50+, the Equinox Shorts help regulate your body temperature in warm weather.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Women’s Jackets
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Outdoor Research Women’s Aria Hoody marries function with style. This women’s fleece from Outdoor Research offers functional features that will keep you warm, dry, and happy while adventuring in the outdoors.
The merino wool blend has nylon panels on the chest and back that are more durable to wear, while still maintaining the lightweight feel and warmth of merino wool.
Breath toasty, even when it’s not, with our women’s Aria Hoody. The warmest hoody ever built by OR, this full-zip parka keeps you cozy in icy temps with a 900 fill down insulation. And when the mercury rises, pivot ventilation makes sure you’re not overcompensating in overheating mode. Plus a DWR finish makes sweaty hiking and mountaineering a breeze.
There is a strongly tapered hem in the back for extra protection from cold, and the two hand pockets give you a place to put your hands for warmth…
- The lightest weight, highest performing puffy in our women’s line, the Aria Hoody delivers warmth, weatherproofing, and high-loft softness for beginning and seasoned adventurers alike.
- Down blend insulation is washed to remove any residual irritants that might affect sensitive skin.
- Removable sleeves increase versatility from a layering piece for backpacking into a standalone sweater on the way home.
- A continuous mesh lining provides breathability and keeps cold air from creeping up your back.
- Updated features include a stowable hood with a brim-hugging cinch cord so you can secure yourself from stormy weather.
- Protect yourself from the elements with the crisp comfort of this women’s hoody.
- This improved version of our best-selling Aria Hoody boasts impressive new features like a water-repellent front zip and brushed metallic zippers.
- A softshell hoody for cold-weather running and hiking is a terrific multi-sport piece.
- Packed with features, the Aria Hoody delivers warmth, wind protection, and comfort over long distances.
- Featuring a slim, feminine fit that layers well under shells for added warmth on cool spring or autumn days.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Women’s Shirts
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 72% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Outdoor Research Women’s Echo Short Sleeve Tee is a lightweight, summer top to take on all your adventures. Made from Omni-Wick moisture-wicking fabric that moves perspiration away from your skin to keep you cool and dry.
They’ve used a 4-way stretch fabric for the body and Tencel lyocell for the yoke for increased comfort, while flatlock seams reduce chafing during intense activities. The UPF 30 rated fabric protects you from the sun’s damaging rays.
The Echo is simple, stylish and lightweight. It’s a great piece of outerwear for any woman who is looking for a high performance outdoor piece of clothing that is both stylish and lightweight. The Echo was designed as a collaboration between a bunch of the best outdoorsmen around and has a style and performance that is unmatched by any other piece of outdoor apparel.
Women’s Echo ¾-Sleeve Shirt from Outdoor Research. The country’s most advanced tee shirt offers a silky, lightweight feel and UPF 40 sun protection in a classic silhouette with minimal seams. This versatile singlet is equally as comfortable at camp as it is wandering the city streets…
- Designed to be lightweight and breathable, the Echo S/S Tee is perfect for hiking, backpacking, or everyday use.
- This Women’s Echo Short-Sleeve Tee is made with moisture-wicking fabric for added comfort and performance in warm, dry conditions.
- A self-fabric collar flatters the neckline.
- Protect your skin from harmful UV rays with the Women’s Echo.
- This shirt is ideal for a day on the water, a hike in the mountains, or a bike ride in the country.
- Made with UPF 50, it provides excellent sun protection while allowing air to flow and keeping you cool.
- The Echo S/S Tee uses the highest level of moisture-wicking technology to keep you cool, dry, and comfortable on your next outdoor adventure.
- The Herringbone texture reflects radiant heat away from the skin and the slim fit look allows for layering without bulk.
- For year-round comfort on the trail or at the beach, this tee is a perfect choice for any warm-weather activities.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Women’s Pants
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 71% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Outdoor Research Women’s Ferrosi Pants are un-insulated softshell pants that are perfect for hiking, backpacking, trekking and will serve you well in extreme conditions.
Made of 100% nylon NanoSphere fabric that always trickles moisture away from your skin to keep you dry and comfortable. The lightweight breathability of the fabric means you will stay comfortable even when things heat up out on the trail.
The women’s Ferrosi Pants are made of nylon with a water resistant coating plus reinforcements for abrasion resistance to increase durability. They deliver warmth and comfort on the trail, in town, or on the rock.
With classic styling, a lightweight, water-resistant fabric, and a fit that looks great on women of any shape, Outdoor Research’s women’s Ferrosi pants are the perfect choice for a day of adventure…
- At home on trail or paddling along a shoreline, the Women’s Ferrosi Pants give you the backcountry warmth you need with the quick-drying comfort of lightweight nylon.
- These women’s hiking pants are part of the award-winning and versatile Ferrosi collection from Outdoor Research.
- Their adjustable length-gaiters, zip vents, and articulated knees make them comfortable on any hike.
- Plus, they’re thoughtfully designed with lightweight stretch fabrics, built-in belt loops for a cargo pocket attachment, and an internal security pocket.
- The Ferrosi Pants are made for multi-day, rugged expeditions on rough terrain.
- From high peaks to alpine lakes, the Ferrosi is built with an earth tone color scheme that blends into the backcountry and has a water-resistant ripstop shell.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Skirts
The following Outdoor Research product has an excellent 77% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
When the weather turns crisp, you don’t want to spend your time worrying about sweating or chafing from your clothing. To keep the chill out of your bones and warm you up at the same time, Outdoor Research’s new women’s Ferrosi Skort is the perfect solution.
Based on the company’s bestselling Torrid, the Ferrosi Skort is made of soft, micro-mesh nylon with a 3-season fabric that’s breathable and water-resistant.
The Patagonia Women’s Ferrosi Skort is a wide leg short that offers versatility, durability, and style. The women’s medium weight quick drying nylon gives the Ferrosi Skort excellent weather protection and packs down to a compact size. The Ferrosi Skort is versatile enough to be worn as a hiking short, cycling short, or as a running short. Its high waist and wide leg cut allow for freedom of movement.
The Ferrosi Skort features an easy-care, quick-dry fabric that dries quickly when wet and will not absorb water. The stitch-down construction will ensure the Ferrosi Skort lasts through multiple seasons…
- The skort is trim enough to wear under your shorts but still provides enough coverage to stay out of the way when you’re hiking.
- From weathered volcanic peaks to craggy sea stacks, the Ferrosi Skort will take you in a stylish, functional direction.
- Its versatile design coordinates well with an OR baselayer or long sleeve, plus it’s ready to take on a full day of climbing, hiking, or exploring.
- The Ferrosi Skort is the perfect fusion of functional and fashionable.
- The SolarShield fabric combines cutting-edge technology with a flattering fit, while the skort allows for ultimate freedom of movement in all activities.
- Whether you’re hiking, running, or just lounging about, this Ferrosi Skort is ready to take on the challenge.
- The Ferrosi Skort makes it possible to swap out your shorts for skirts when the weather warms up.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Sun Hats
The following Outdoor Research product has a MIND-BOGGLING 90% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Outdoor Research Kid’s Rambler Sombrero Hat is perfect for protecting your child’s eyes from the sun and will have them looking stylish too. There are drawstrings at the chin and back to ensure a snug fit, and the generous brim provides extra coverage around the face. The UPF 50+ protection means that they’re out in the sun without risking their health.
The Kids’ Rambler Sombrero Hat is a classic hat offering a 100% wool felt construction, with a cotton lining for comfort in both warm and cool weather. The slouchy shape provides a comfortable fit for year-round use, whether out with the family or in the backcountry. Available in a wide range of fun colors, this hat will be a hit with even the most fashion-conscious child.
Like the adult Rambler, the Kids version has an amazing, spongy, and breathable spider foam back pad that completely covers the neck. The brim is wide to keep you shaded, and its quick-drying polyester is as durable as it is comfy…
- This kid-friendly version of Outdoor Research’s Rambler Sombrero Hat is designed for young adventurers.
- The lightweight, durable nylon ripstop will take abuse while the UPF 50+ provided by the wide brim offers UV protection.
- The elastic drawcord ensures a proper fit and the bill offers shade from the elements.
- Great for your kids when camping and hiking, the Kid’s Rambler Sombrero Hat is a lightweight hat, with durable fabric that makes it comfortable to wear, and a mesh crown to keep your child cool while the sun shines.
- Designed to be one size fits all, the hat can be adjusted to fit properly on younger children, while also being large enough to accommodate an adult head.
- The Kid’s Rambler Sombrero Hat is the perfect hat for little adventurers.
- Made from a durable and lightweight nylon rip-stop fabric, this hat is built to last.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Gloves
The following Outdoor Research product has a good 67% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Whether you’re scaling icy cliffs, skimming the rocks for trout, or pulling down massive pines you’ll be glad to have your hands in warm, dry PL400 Sensor Gloves.
The PL400 Sensor Gloves from Outdoor Research are ideal for serious cold weather activities. These gloves are made for the demanding outdoor environment and are designed with a high tech fabric that allows the user to sense the temperature of objects they are touching.
The PL400 gloves from Outdoor Research combine a windproof fleece shell with an integrated “Sensor” grid system, allowing for better use of your smartphone’s touchscreen…
- The Sensor Gloves by Outdoor Research were designed for the colder months with minimal bulk and responsive, wind-resistant fabric.
- The Sensor Gloves are ideal for those that work for their hands all day but still need to maintain a firm grip.
- Our Sensor Gloves keep your hands comfortable in a variety of conditions.
- A waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX insert combined with a Windstopper fleece lining keeps your hands warm and dry.
- A touch-screen compatible leather palm and silicone fingertips allow you to use touchscreen devices.
Outdoor Research Is A Good Brand For Gaiters
The following Outdoor Research product has an AMAZING 81% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
There are a lot of nice gaiters on the market today, but the Outdoor Research Crocodile Gaiters are just plain different. The Crocodile Gaiters have been designed to be both functional and fashionable.
The Crocodile Gaiters are made with waterproof materials and have removable liners for easy washing. The Crocodile Gaiters also feature an adjustable velcro strap.
Protect your ankles while hiking, snowshoeing, or paddling with the Men’s Crocodile Gaiter from Outdoor Research. These gaiters protect your instep against snow and trail debris, and are also waterproof to keep your lower legs dry in wet environments. An adjustable strap system ensures a customized fit for a secure hold and comfort on all of your adventures.
The leather palms are double layered for extra durability. The Crocodile Gaiters allow for maximum mobility and dexterity with great weather protection…
- Winter runs and hikes can get messy.
- Crocodile Gaiters will keep your feet dry, and they’re lightweight enough to stash inside your vest or running pack to use on summer trail runs.
- The tough, waterproof fabric is abrasion-resistant and covered in stretchy spandex that provides a secure fit.
- We added extra durability with double-layered leather reinforcements and included a stuff sack for easy packing and carrying.
- Protect your lower legs from thorns and briars or simply keep twigs and branches out of your shoes with the Crocodile gaiters.
- These waterproof gaiters are made of high-tenacity Cordura nylon and lined with Polartec fleece, so they’re warm enough for cold days and tough enough for showers.
- They feature a lace-up design that delivers a snug fit to keep debris at bay.
In summary, there are hundreds of outdoor clothing brands out there but only a few that will be around for decades. One of those is Outdoor Research, a brand that started in the late ’80s as an outfitter for climbers in Yosemite California.
Now, their main focus is on casual wear, with a line of gear for everything from sleeping under the stars to hiking to biking, and of course skiing. They are also the only clothing company we carry to make their own pants and shorts.
You may also be interested in… Is Gerry A Good Brand? (Very Popular Outdoor Apparel Brand) and Is Redcat A Good Brand? RC Racing Cars, Trucks Buggy’s, Crawlers