What Is The Orvis Brand Known For?
The Orvis Company is an American-based company that manufactures and sells clothing, reels, rods, and other fishing tackle.
Founded in 1856 by Charles F. Orvis as an outfitter for fly-fishing and hunting expeditions based in Manchester, Vermont, it became the leading American business dedicated to those outdoor sports.
Orvis is a good brand since they offer excellent products and service. Orvis is a complete outdoor company that offers everything from clothing to fly fishing gear to camping equipment.
For more than 150 years, Orvis has been synonymous with innovative fly-fishing equipment, proven by the many patents it holds on its products.
The Orvis Company has been shaping and changing the way fly-fishing equipment is sold. Along with their patented angling products they also offer an array of clothing for men and women, books, artful gifts, and home accessories.
Let’s look at some of the best-rated Orvis products and see what customers think about this brand and its products…
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Fly Rod Outfits
The following Orvis product has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Meet the Orvis Encounter 5-weight fly rod. This 9′ 5-weight delivers extraordinary performance for small to medium-sized trout, panfish, and bass. Featuring a fast action, premium cork handle and custom-made uplock design, Encounter is a perfect choice for angling aficionados everywhere.
You’re a serious angler. Fishing for more than sport, you need gear that helps you be successful and meets the demands of your schedule: all-day float trips, marathon stream sessions, quick-turnaround spring creeks, or windy-day lakes. And you want it to last for decades of hard use. You need an Orvis Encounter 5-weight fly rod outfit.
The Orvis Encounter 5-weight fly rod is a perfect choice for the angler who wants to have fun with a lightweight, high-performance rod…
- Designed to provide first-time fly fishermen with the right tools at an affordable price, the Encounter 5-weight fly rod and reel feature Orvis’ Compact Performance taper, which delivers subtle presentations even in the wind.
- The 9-foot length is a good fit for anglers who are just getting into casting and provides plenty of leverage to land fish over multiple pounds.
- The Encounter 5-Weight fly rod is a great new addition to the well-known Encounter series.
- This rod is softer than ever, with smooth action perfect for anglers looking to add a favorite all-around 5-weight to their collection.
- The outstanding craftsmanship and value on this rod will have you coming back for more!
- These rods are built on fast-action tapered blanks, with sturdy aluminum-oxide stripper guides and tip top at the reel seat.
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Wading Jackets
Orvis designed the Orvis Men’s PRO Wading Jacket to be as ready for a day on the water as you are. Constructed of durable, breathable fabric that sheds water and thrills in light rain, the Orvis PRO provides all-out weather protection and outstanding performance for spring and fall angling.
Plus, it’s got cool features like mesh-lined underarm vents for added breathability when you need it most.
The Orvis Men’s PRO Wading Jacket lets you focus on the fish rather than your clothes. Built for the serious wader, it has a rugged ripstop fabric and a water-tight YKK zipper with Isopthalic coating. The hood adjusts to fit a helmet or can be rolled away when you don’t need extra protection. Three large pockets hold everything from nippers to flies, while the longer back helps keep your shirt tucked in.
It also has a combination of breathable mesh panels, located in key areas, that allow air to flow and transfer moisture out of the jacket. Fleece-lined handwarmer pockets provide extra warmth for your hands while fishing.
Protection from the elements is an important part of fishing, but safety is even more so. This jacket meets both goals…
- If you’re headed for the water this fall or winter, try on the Orvis Men’s PRO Wading Jacket.
- It features our best performance fabrics and construction details to help you get out on the water and up close to fish in comfort and style.
- The jacket is designed with a natural rise so it won’t ride up when you stand.
- Versatile and comfortable, the Orvis Men’s PRO Wading Jacket is an excellent choice for cold water fly fishing, with a quilted lining and high collar to keep you warm.
- The upper-body coverage provides extra warmth without the bulkiness of waterproof jackets, and 8 pockets provide optimal storage for your gear.
- Whether you’re on your way to a tournament or just looking to beat the chill on your next fishing trip, there’s no better jacket than the Orvis Men’s PRO Wading Jacket.
- The Orvis Pro Wading Jacket is a must-have for serious anglers.
- Designed for the ultimate performance in an ultralight breathable and fully waterproof rain jacket for fishing in spring, summer, or fall conditions.
- In addition to being durable, it’s an excellent insulator: it will keep you warmer than traditional neoprene waders because of its thickness and compress
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Wading Boots
The following Orvis product has an AMAZING 86% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Orvis Ultralight Wading Boot provides the perfect blend of functionality and lightweight design to complete the fishing trip. It is constructed from a proprietary blended material that provides exceptional comfort and protection throughout the day.
The Orvis Ultralight Wading Boot is an all-weather, all-season walking boot that’s made to fit comfortably for a long day’s march through the woods. The boot features a waterproof suede outer, an elasticated calf-reinforced lining, and a cushioned insole that’s made up of a blend of air, foam, and air-permeable comfort that’s designed to reduce foot fatigue.
Armed with the right gear, you can walk without notice and fish without stress even in places where the water is thick with fish. That’s what Orvis had in mind when we started work on their new Ultralight Wading Boot…
- The lightweight wading boot features supple water-repellent leather and a super stable platform for standing on slippery, rocky, or uneven stream bottoms.
- Part of Orvis’s legendary line of “waterfowling shoes,” the Ultralight is ideal for smaller species like crappies, bass, trout, and panfish and can be used around the farm and garden as well.
- The ultralight Orvis Wading Boot is preferred by many who wade rivers and streams every year.
- The boot uses Ortholite insoles to absorb moisture, keeping your feet comfortable all day long.
- The PVC sole keeps you from puncturing the bottom of boots yet operates silently so those fish will not hear you coming.
- Our ultralight wading boot is a full-fledged wader in miniature, scaled down to the size of most hiking boots.
- Like a good pair of waders, our boot keeps your feet comfortable and dry, even in fast water, while allowing for easy movement.
- The fish don’t know what’s coming, but you do—a great day on the water.
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Waders
The following Orvis product has an AMAZING 83% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Men and the gear they use can be a little intimidating to newbies, but you don’t need to feel that way. If you’re looking for a fishing vest that’s ultralight, warm, and versatile, you’ve found it. They can adapt to suit either casual fishermen who need to take the car to the water or serious fishermen who expect to spend all day in the field.
The Orvis Men’s Ultralight Convertible wader is the only wader you’ll need for your warm-water fishing. Convertible side zippers make it easy to slip on and off over boots, and the 4-way stretch material moves with you on every cast and retrieve.
Adjustable straps and a snap button fly closure allow you to customize the fit, and a waterproof/breathable mesh back offers breathability, warmth, and comfort…
- The Orvis Ultralight Convertible Wader is a streamlined, lightweight wading shoe designed for anglers who want the ultimate in comfort and mobility on and off the water.
- The upper material is breathable mesh with Ortholite footbeds that reduce odor and increase shock resistance.
- Quick-change zippers allow you to easily convert these waders to fashion shoes.
- Convertible wader pants are extremely light and wearable all day in almost any weather.
- Hand-warmer pockets, an external fly patch pocket with its own waterproof bag, hand-warmer cord at the waist—these simple details will be a revelation when you need to layer for warmth or strip down if the heat truly turns up.
- With a secret to warmth and ultralight durability, you’ll be hard-pressed to find better waders than the Orvis Ultralight Convertible.
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Sling Packs
The following Orvis product has an AMAZING 80% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Fly fishing is an expensive hobby, and there is nothing more frustrating than having to send your favorite rod back to the store when you get home. The Orvis Sling Pack is designed specifically to make packing and unpacking your fly fishing gear a little easier.
Our Orvis Sling Pack is a convenient and comfortable way to carry all the things you need on a hike. Textile-lined pockets protect your sunglasses, keys, wallet and more from scratches. A key clip inside the front pocket holds your car keys while you’re on the go, and an inner zipper pocket deters pickpockets while in crowds. Our Sling Pack has both a drawstring top closure and a convenient magnetic top flap closure. Adjustable shoulder straps also make it great for biking.
It is an excellent pack to carry all your essentials. It has a large main compartment, a convenient side pocket, a front zippered pocket, one inner pocket…
- The outside of the bag has two front pockets great for small items and the inside contains one large main compartment as well as an outside zippered pocket for sunglasses and keys.
- This also comes with a bottle holder for traveling or everyday use.
- It collapses down to become lightweight, breathable, and compact.
- From the moment you pick it up, you’ll know the Orvis Sling Pack is different.
- It’s lightweight enough to sling over your shoulder and sturdy enough to take anywhere you want to go—and so it will.
- Like any good travel companion, the Sling Pack knows how to get out of the way when you don’t need it, and how to make staying organized and comfortable easy.
- The Orvis Sling Pack is the perfect complement to any day hike, especially in the spring and fall.
- It can easily hold gear for a full day of fishing or hunting.
- After you’ve had your fill of the outdoors, tuck this handy pack into your larger bag for extra storage space on the trail.
- The sling design makes it easy to keep both hands free while you are fishing, hiking, or otherwise outdoors enjoying nature.
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Work Shirts
The following Orvis product has an excellent 73% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Orvis Men’s Tech Chambray Short-Sleeved Work Shirt is fashioned with oversized buttons, a slightly curved placket and a spacious chest pocket, all in easy-wearing light chambray fabric.
Short-sleeved chambray work shirt is a heritage-inspired style from Orvis, an American designer and retailer of high-quality outdoor products. The button-down collar shirt has signature Orvis navy, red and yellow stripes on the yoke, ribbed cuffs and collar, two chest pockets with snap closures and one left-side pocket. Enjoy the outdoors in style when you wear this comfortable and durable shirt that rolls up for easy transport to camp or a hunting hide.
Crafted using durable double-ply cotton, this button-down Orvis work shirt doesn’t wrinkle and will keep you looking professional on the job…
- Work, play or just roam freely in our rugged, comfortable cotton chambray work shirt.
- Featuring a pearl-button closure and chest pocket, this button-down shirt is sure to be a favorite for travel and weekend adventures alike.
- This Orvis tech chambray short-sleeved work shirt features a classic and lightweight short-sleeved shirt with contrasting sewn-in tags, an Orvis logo above the left pocket, and Orvis’s iconic bird embroidery on the left pocket.
- Striking the perfect balance between form and function, the Orvis Men’s Tech Chambray Short-Sleeved Work Shirt is comfortable and stylish to wear while also being durable enough for everyday wear.
- The tough yet soft organic cotton chambray comes in a variety of great colors.
Orvis Is A Good Brand For Hats
The following Orvis product has a good 68% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
This season Orvis is introducing Walnut Creek, a new take on Panama. A refreshing departure from traditional Panamas, this Cothill straw has a watercolor-like quality to it with a natural hatband and a light hand feel. The crown isn’t packed too full, allowing it to fit into an overall modern aesthetic. This hat looks as good as it feels.
The Orvis Walnut Creek will be your favorite summer companion. This genuine Panama hat is gorgeously pure, with a great combination of formality and functionality. With a traditional design made from fine materials, this hat provides you with both comfort and style for any occasion.
A real hombre wherever you roam, this hat features a genuine Panama weave that lends rugged resistance to weathering and wrinkling…
- Life is too short to wear a hat that doesn’t feel good about you.
- You can enjoy the cool, breezy fun of this classic-looking Panama without the worries that have traditionally gone with it — hat hair; sun-blocking ability; sweat absorption — not to mention how it looks on every head it adorns.
- Walnut Creek is built for pure enjoyment and nothing else.
- A genuine Panama hat made from all-natural fibers is an investment piece you’ll be proud to wear.
- This rich hat adds a touch of panache to any casual outfit and provides superior sun protection.
In summary, founded by Charles F. Orvis in 1856, the company has evolved from a fly-tying and outfitting shop to a leading purveyor of high-quality clothing, footwear, accessories, cottage decor, and toys for the entire family.
Today, Orvis is one of America’s oldest brands, with a wide range of products including clothing, sporting goods, home furnishings, and more. Their fly fishing gear is still crafted in Vermont to the rigorous standards set by Charles F. Orvis over 150 years ago.
From pros to novices, they supply our customers with the best tools and the best service that makes fishing easy and fun.
You may also be interested in… Is Hisea A Good Brand? Waterproof Boots, Fishing & Hunting Waders and Can You Wash Orvis Waders? (Hand Washing or Machine Washing?)