What Is The Moog Brand Known For?
Moog Music is a manufacturer of synthesizers and the namesake of the Moog Music synthesizer. While they are now owned by a larger company, they are still a “big name” in the synthesizer industry.
They make a number of different synthesizers while staying true to the vintage models. While the music industry has changed a lot over the past few decades, synthesizers still play a key role in electronic music.
Moog Music is the premier producer of electronic musical instruments, tools and synthesizers. Founded more than fifty years ago by Dr. Robert Moog, Moog Music is the industry’s leader in designing innovative and imaginative products.
Moog is a pioneer in the synthesizer industry that helped shape the sound of music. Moog Music is also famous for producing theremins.
Their instruments and effects have been used by Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, U2, Stevie Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Depeche Mode, Keith Emerson, Tiesto, Nine Inch Nails, and many more.
Let’s take a look at 6 of the best-selling Moog products and see what customers think about the brand and its products…
What Is A Moog Theremini?
The following Moog product has an excellent 76% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Invented in the mid-20th century, the Theremin is one of the most unusual musical instruments ever created. It is played without being touched and produces its sound through the proximity of your hands to two antennas. When you move your hand closer to the antenna on the left, you are changing the pitch of the instrument. When you hold your hand near the antenna on the right, you are controlling the volume.
The Theremini is an update of the classic theremin concept, refined to be friendly and easy to use even for first time players.
The Moog Theremini Theremin is a modern take on the classic theremin. It is a bit more user-friendly and easier to play than its predecessor, but it has a great sound and looks wonderful.
Play it standing up, sitting down, or lying on your back – it’s designed for maximum playability. With both pitch-and-volume controls and a built-in speaker, this instrument can be played anywhere, at any time… a true revolution in music-making!
The Moog Theremini is a great instrument for musicians, as well as for kids who are interested in learning to play the theremin.
Example of comments from Moog:
This is a great introduction to the Theremin world, and has the digital connectivity that I haven’t even begun to tap into. Running this through further effects and delays makes it even more insane.
- Moog is always a great company, and this Theremin goes to prove it! Definitely worth the price.
- There is nothing quite like the sound of a Theremin – haunting with hesitant notes that glide together to create ethereal whistles.
- Creepy, joyful, downright jazzy sounds are all possible – within a week I was playing ‘The Entertainer’ rather more accurately than I expected.
- As a beginner to theremin, this was everything I was hoping for really.
- The digital features are epic. It’s a full-on Moog synth with analog grade variability.
- Etherwave Plus: Yep, it’s a pro-quality theremin, and it’s a Moog!
- The Moog Theremini is one of the most incredible instruments I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing.
- If you’re a musician searching for a new challenge, this is a must-have.
- It’s a Moog product so you’re getting a legit instrument with refined calibration.
- Moog products are always high quality and this is no exception.
Moog Is A Good Brand For Polyrhythmic Synthesizers?
The following Moog product has an AMAZING 88% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 and has earned Amazon Choice status…
The Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizer is a Moog musical instrument that is designed to create polyrhythmic music. It does this by allowing the user to create complex rhythms.
The user can also layer sounds to create a polyphony that is controlled by a 32-step sequencer.
The Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizer is a new musical instrument designed to achieve new levels of sound exploration.
Unlike a conventional synthesizer with fixed voices, sequential trigger pads, and membrane buttons, the Subharmonicon is semi-modular, allowing freeform interconnection of its many components.
Designed from the ground up by Moog, it is everything you need to allow your imagination to run wild. You are only limited by your imagination.
Example of comments from Moog:
This was my first Moog instrument and I have no words to express the JOY and SATISFACTION I’m getting every time I play it.
- This is the most fun I ever have with any synth! A whole universe of sounds endless possibilities!
- I have always been interested in Moog but never owned one. So, when I noticed the low cost of this model, I simply HAD to have it. What fun!
- This is fantastic for the price and you get all of the expected Moog quality.
- I have a few Synths from MOOG and NOTHING compares to them BEST IN THE INDUSTRY!!
- This thing sounds amazing, big fat warm bass tones, analog goodness. So much fun.
- My First Moog instrument and I just LOVE IT!!
- The Sub Phatty is simply the best synth you can buy at the $1000 and below price range.
- When I first touched the keys on the sub phatty, I immediately fell in love. Something about this synthesizer just sounds and feels “right”.
- The Moog Subharmonicon is a prestige bit of kit. And it sounds like a dream!
- This is probably the best-sounding synth in my collection. Who can resist that big, full Moog sound and that smooth, creamy Moog filter?
What About The Moog Theremin Bag?
The following Moog product has an AMAZING 80% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5…
The Etherwave Theremin is a popular instrument among electronic music performers and producers, but like any other electronic instrument, it requires extra care to protect it from scratches, bumps, and other accidents.
Fortunately, Moog offers a gig bag for the Etherwave Theremin.
This thick, padded bag is built to safely transport the Etherwave, and it has room for the instrument’s stand, too. If you’re looking for a way to protect your Etherwave from the rigors of touring, this is a great option.
The Moog Etherwave Theremin Gig Bag is built to keep your Etherwave Theremin safe while you travel.
It is designed for hundreds of hours of worry-free use with a padded interior. The Gig Bag offers protection in all the right places and features a large zippered opening, an internal pocket for accessories, a strap that attaches to the belt or shoulder, and many more features.
This bag has a stylish design and durable construction built to protect your instrument against impact, so you can be sure your Moog Etherwave Theremin is always safe and secure with the professional look you deserve…
Example of comments from Moog:
This is a great bag. bag. My Theremini fits great and the thick padding assures me that it will be safe. It is every bit the high quality I have come to expect form the Moog products.
- Moog bag fits both Etherwave AND Theremini.
- Holds the electric cord and the cable for the amp, in its outer pocket.
- Holds the two antennae in the inside pocket.
- It is well-padded, the instrument fits well, plenty of room for the antennas, the power source, cables, etc. Moog is the best!
- Exactly a perfect fit for my Moog theremin!! Very well made!
- Loads of padding sets my mind at ease when I transport and the quality is exactly what I’ve come to expect from a Moog product.
Moog Three Tier Rack Stand
The following Moog product has an excellent 77% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 and has reached Amazon Choice status…
For Moog fans, the most exciting thing about the Moog Mother-32 Analog Synthesizer is the way it sounds.
But for modular synth aficionados, perhaps the most exciting thing about the Mother-32 is that it is the first Moog analog synthesizer since the early 1970s that can be placed in a Eurorack system.
And if you want to find a way to show off this new Moog module, you may want to take a look at the DFAM Three-Tier Rack Stand.
A glide system allows the front panel of the Mother to be placed on display, while keeping its rear panel accessible. The rack stand includes multiple storage locations for the Moog Mother and Moog DFAM modules, power supply, cables and other synthesizers via optional Eurorack compatible multiples.
Solid, heavy metal construction with rubber feet to help keep it in place on all surfaces, including wood or carpeted floors.
It’s powerful, dynamic, and easy to use, whether you’re a seasoned pro or an adventurous beginner…
Example of comments from Moog:
Feels solid and does the job of aligning the Moog semi modular synth’s patch bays vertically so you have less of a jumble and mess of patch cords in the way of tweaking the knobs and throwing switches.
- This 3 tier Mother rack is amazing, giving you 3 VCOs, 3 LFOs, 3 VCAs, 3 VCFs, 3 sequencers, and on and on. Enjoy!
- Great rack. While the price for what it is maybe a little high, the build quality is excellent.
- Expensive I guess but it’s a rack and it racks with the best of them.
Moog Is A Good Brand For Analog Percussion Synthesizers
The following Moog product has an AMAZING 89% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5…
The Moog DFAM (Drummer from Another Mother) Semi-Modular Analog Percussion Synthesizer is the next addition to Moog’s wildly popular semi-modular synthesizer line.
It features both percussive synthesis as well as synthesis for standing waveforms. In addition to the features of the original DFAM, DFAM was designed to be a semi-modular system, updated to utilize the latest in DSP and Analog circuitry from Moog.
This allows extended sonic capabilities and provides much more flexibility in the creative use and programming of this powerful instrument.
This new addition to the Moog family allows you to explore the world of synthesis and create the beat of your dreams without the need to patch anything, and with a semi-modular sonic architecture, the sky is the limit!
Moog DFAM is like having a whole percussion section in the studio with a limitless amount of sounds, and now it’s in a single space rack-mountable synth…
- Say goodbye to unwieldy boxes on the floor, and hello to modular, windowless, and almost life-size sound.
- This module is less about traditional drums and more about finding inspiration from unlikely sources.
- From the baritone sax-like timbre of the Oscillator Bank to the watery textures of “upright” percussive sounds generated by FMing sine waves against themselves (try it!), to even an occasional resemblance.
- Additional features such as two analog triggers and an external audio input perfect for processing external sound sources through its Analog Circuit Behavior.
Moog Is A Good Brand For Analog Synthesizers & Step Sequencers
The following Moog product has a MIND-BOGGLING 100% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5…
The Moog Matriarch Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer and Step Sequencer is the next generation of analog synthesizers.
It features an array of legendary Moog modules, a semi-modular design for modifying the architecture and functionality of the system, and a 32-step sequencer that lets you create patterns that build over time.
The Moog Matriarch is a semi-modular analog synthesizer and step sequencer that has been hailed as one of the best ways to get your feet wet in the world of modular synthesizers.
The breakthrough design provided musicians of all levels with an easy to comprehend synthesis architecture that allowed them to quickly create a world of new sounds
- The Moog Matriarch Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer and Step Sequencer is an analog synth and sequencer designed specifically for live performance.
- It creates powerful, expressive, musical sounds never before possible in a stage or studio setting.
- At its core is the new semi-modular architecture that provides musicians with continuous access to all signal paths from input to output while enabling the freedom to reorder connections between core building blocks as desired.
- Multiplexed connections between circuit blocks allow simultaneous patching while maintaining unique functionality of each voice path at all times.
In summary, Moog products are well-known for their unique synthesizers and effects and have been used to create some of the most beloved music of all time.
Moog music products are rock-solid and reliable. This brand is the world leader in analog synthesizers.
They design and manufacture a wide range of hardware and software that will inspire musicians, composers, DJs, and anyone who creates music.
You may also be interested in… Is Mendini A Good Brand? (Affordable For Beginner Musicians) and Is Tama A Good Brand? (Top Drum Manufacturer – Drum Kits & More)