Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
What Is The Ordinary Brand Known For?
If you’re looking for an inexpensive, premium quality skincare brand then this is the brand for you. It’s a line of products that are specifically made for sensitive skin so the risk of having an allergic reaction due to sensitive skin or any other reason is nonexistent.
The focus of this skincare brand is on formulating products that deliver clinical formulations at the absolute lowest price for the consumer.
The Ordinary is an international skincare brand that’s focused on the most effective technologies available. They use minimal ingredients at maximum efficiencies. The range features low-key packaging, and an ethics promise where they don’t test on animals, 100% natural actives, and no chemical screens are performed.
No matter how great a product is, the price always plays a big part in whether you buy it or not. The Ordinary creates high potency formulas for an honest price.
10 Reasons Why The Ordinary Is A Good Brand
The Ordinary is a skincare brand that focuses on providing quality products at affordable prices. In an industry that thrives from keeping customers in the dark about how their products are made and how their ingredients are sourced, The Ordinary decides to take a new approach to its business and be fully transparent on what goes into its products.
Here are some great things about this brand…
- Price – The Ordinary offers products that are super affordable compared to other skincare brands that offer similar ingredients and benefits for your skin.
- Ingredients – All of their products contain high-quality ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, retinol, etc., which are proven to be effective at improving your skin’s overall health and appearance over time if they’re used consistently (and used properly).
- Simple Packaging – The packaging is simple so it doesn’t distract from what really matters: helping people achieve beautiful skin through effective skincare products that don’t break the bank!
- No Yucky Stuff – Its products contain no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, animal oils, benzalkonium chloride, coal tar dyes, formaldehyde, mercury, oxybenzone.
- Easy To Follow Instructions – Its website provides clear instructions on how to use its products and what to avoid combining them with.
- Something for Everyone – The company offers a wide range of skincare products suitable for most skin types and concerns.
- Innovative – It releases new products regularly so you can try the latest skincare innovations without having to pay high prices.
- Sustainable – They are a sustainable brand, that is transparent with their customers about ingredient sourcing and manufacturing processes
- Easy to Find in Stores near You – The Ordinary’s products are sold at Ulta Beauty and Sephora stores across the United States as well as online through Amazon or its own website!
- Cruelty-Free Products – These are vegan and cruelty-free! It is certified by PETA as a cruelty-free brand and has been given the Leaping Bunny seal of approval.
Does The Ordinary Peeling Solution Work?
The Ordinary Peeling Solution is a very popular product that has over 17,995 with an excellent 75% of those consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars. Below we see how customers are excited about how well it works…
What Is The Ordinary Peeling Solution?
The Ordinary Peeling Solution is a high concentration, 30% glycolic acid facial peel that resurfaces and refines pores, improves visible dullness, supports natural cell turnover, and boosts radiance.
What is AHA?
Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or AHA, is a naturally occurring chemical compound that is widely used in the beauty industry. Derived from various fruits and milk, AHA can be applied to the skin to smooth away wrinkles and existing blemishes, as well as minimize the appearance of future sun damage or breakouts.
This next-generation AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) treatment dramatically exfoliates the skin’s outermost layers, unclogging pores and revealing glowing skin.
Example of comments from The Ordinary:
I can’t recommend this product enough! Everyone’s skin is different of course, but I have generally very sensitive skin and this stuff worked wonders for me!
- This has been the only product that I’ve used that worked to lighten hyperpigmentation scars along my jawline and chin area.
- The peel has worked wonderfully in exfoliating the most superficial layers of my skin to show my smooth, glowing complexion underneath.
- I’ve tried everything. Vitamin C. Turmeric. Retinol. And nothing has worked better than this.
- This stuff is amazing! I love how you can feel it working. I have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin after using it for a few weeks.
- I have some old acne scarring from high school and this has been the only thing that will work for my skin!
- Honestly, this rules. I have tried some $$$$ peels and this works better than any of them…AND for a fraction of the price.
- I can’t totally explain it, you just have to experience it for yourself. It just works wonders!
- This product works great on my son’s acne.
- I’ve had pretty bad acne for decades, unfortunately. This peel is one of the few things that work for me and I have included it in my daily regimen.
- Nice and effective peeling solution. The AHAs and BHAs work great on the skin.
Does The Ordinary Niacinamide Work?
The Ordinary Niacinamide is also a very popular product that has over 16,069 with an excellent 77% of those consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars. That alone shows that it works however we will see below what customers have to say…
What Is The Ordinary Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a water-soluble form of vitamin B3 that is also known as nicotinamide and nicotinic acid amide. It is an active compound that is considered by many to be a good way to promote clear, healthy skin.
It also has been shown to have some ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and it may help to improve the appearance of skin that is prone to acne and/or skin damage from overexposure to UV light, such as from sun exposure.
Is The Ordinary Niacinamide A Serum?
It sure is with customers using phrases such as… “Miracle Serum”, “This is the best serum ever”, “This is a great serum”, and so on…
Example of comments from The Ordinary:
The Ordinary Niacinamide is a wonderful product for skin. I have sensitive skin and it works great. It has improved my skin tone. Love it!
- I am amazed, I didn’t expect it to work this well. This is the real deal.
- This is my first ordinary product. I am blown away about how good it worked for the first two weeks!
- I would recommend The Ordinary to everyone. Their whole line works beautifully!
- This stuff works great for sweaty areas! Cleared my skin.
- I’ve used tons of products advertised as supposed to help me with those things and nothing has worked like this.
- Working great on my skin, and helps with my bumps on my face. It also smooths my skin.
- I finally found one that actually works this stuff is amazing I hope you guys never stop selling it.
- Works absolutely amazing my skin has never stayed this clear.
- I can’t believe I have never heard of this product before? It really works like a miracle.
- I love this stuff. It works better than anything else I’ve tried and has been most consistent.
Is The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Good?
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid is another big seller from this brand and has over 12,012 with an excellent 78% of those consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
What Is The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a type of substance naturally produced in the body. It is responsible for keeping skin hydrated and youthful-looking.
Though it is known by many names, hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that is actually quite simple. Hyaluronic acid, or HA, is a polysaccharide that is made of a repeating chain of molecules that is found naturally in the skin.
HA’s main job is to bind water, which helps it to fill up space between the cells and create a smooth, plump appearance. Many anti-aging routines include HA, which is touted as a way to plump up the skin and help it to look younger.
Unfortunately, with age, hyaluronic acid levels in the body reduce significantly, making your skin look tired and aged. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid contains a 2% pure grade of hyaluronic acid, which has to be used topically on the skin in order to be effective.
Example of comments from The Ordinary:
This is the best version of Hyaluronic Acid serum you will find on here. Most products on here only have 1% Hyaluronic Acid, and this one has 2%. You can feel the difference in thickness when you put it on.
- This is the best anti-aging line I have found. Great results, very reasonably priced!
- BEST stuff for acne-prone skin.
- This is amazing. Great quality and purity, I apply every day, after 40 seconds or so I apply a moisturizer over it. Best hyaluronic acid.
- Best facial product there is!!
- This stuff literally transformed my skin.
- For the price, this is the best HA serum I’ve ever used.
- When it comes to the best bang for your buck it’s the brand to go to.
- I’ve bought quite a very Hyaluronic acid serums and this one is by far the best! Love it.
- This stuff has changed my skin for the best.
- Best product ever!!! Just love it and the price is affordable.
Does The Ordinary Caffeine Solution Work?
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution has over 4,744 with a good 68% of those consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution is a customer favorite that works wonders for inflammation, puffy eyes, fine lines, and dark circles…
What Is The Ordinary Caffeine Solution?
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution can reduce the signs of fatigue and help provide a boost of energy when you need it most.
This solution works with your body to increase levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which powers every cell in your body, resulting in increased natural energy.
Thanks to its encapsulation technology that protects the potency of the caffeine molecule, it penetrates deep within the skin. This means results can be seen in a much shorter amount of time than with traditional products like gels and creams.
Example of comments from The Ordinary:
It worked to reduce puffiness within 15 minutes, it didn’t sting, want sticky, had no fragrance and my makeup went on fine over it.
- This actually works really well! I used it all over my face (not just my eye area).
- I have really sensitive skin and it hasn’t irritated it at all but has made the texture really smooth and flawless!!
- This TRULY lightens your dark circles (Hallelujah my expensive search is over!) I wanted to literally shout when I noticed that it worked within 10min.
- It works! I don’t know how and I really don’t care, because it works.
- I love everything about this product. It works fast to reduce puffiness and eye contour creases.
- This serum works great. It helps get rid of dark circles and wrinkles.
- Works really well to reduce my under-eye puffiness. It doesn’t take much so should last a long time.
- This serum really depuffs my under-eye bags for about 12 hrs. It works better than anything I’ve ever tried.
- I have been battling under-eye puffiness for over 10 years. This is the first product that has really worked for me.
- Within a week my dark circles began to fade! And within 3 weeks my undereye bags receded! Really did not expect such great results!!
Is The Ordinary Retinol Good?
The Ordinary Caffeine Retinol has over 2,697 with an excellent 75% of those consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars. Ordinary Retinol is a retinol serum that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne while encouraging cell turnover…
What Is The Ordinary Retinol?
The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane is a water-free formulation of pure retinol that includes 1% pure Retinol, which is supported with a stable Cyclopentasiloxane base and is presented in an elegant serum.
Retinol is a skincare ingredient that has been a staple in dermatologists’ offices for decades. It has been prescribed to treat everything from acne to wrinkles.
Example of comments from The Ordinary:
My face looks better when I wake up. I’m glowing, my closed comedomes are smaller in size, I have no redness. Keep it in the fridge.
- I have seen a decrease in acne and I love it!
- Great buy better than the big brands.
- I really love this line of skincare products. It’s very affordable.
- Loved this product. It made my skin feel SO smooth after using it!
- Great results almost immediately. Retin A reduces wrinkles and just love it.
- I’ve been using it for just over a week now and my skin looks lovely and bright!
- Love this! Helped clear my scars away.
- I bought it to help with aging and I’m not disappointed!
- I’m loving The Ordinary products! This product leaves my skin so soft.
Does The Ordinary Hair Serum Work?
The Ordinary Hair Serum has over 1,073 with an excellent 70% of those consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars. The Ordinary Hair Serum is a lightweight, fast-absorbing formula that acts as an invisible solid shield, providing a physical barrier for your hair to protect against the elements…
What Is The Ordinary Hair Serum?
The Ordinary Hair Serum is a scalp treatment that’s designed to treat and prevent common hair issues such as dryness, thinning, breakage, and elasticity with its innovative Omega 3 & 6 Oils.
It also features the new Caffeine solution, which helps improve microcirculation in the scalp to get more oxygen to your hair follicles for superior volume from The Ordinary.
Example of comments from The Ordinary:
It worked way better and quicker than I expected. Within 2 months my hair made a drastic change.
- Works amazing- truly changed the density and quality of my hair magically.
- I will continue to use this product, with great ingredients, no side effects, great results.
- Completely cured my dandruff and my hair already feels and looks thicker and healthier after a week.
- I loved it. Baby hair starts to appear in 2 weeks. Hair fall has stopped completely…I wish I had discovered it before.
- Excellent product, alcohol-free which is rare these days, and feels good on the scalp.
Is The Ordinary Cruelty-Free?
The Ordinary is cruelty-free. They do not test any ingredients or products on animals and as their website states, they do not ask any third parties to test on their behalf, either.
Ever since establishing The Ordinary in 2016, the brand has not sold a single product in a country where it would be required by law to test on animals for regulatory purposes.
This brand says that this will remain true for all The Ordinary products indefinitely – and this applies globally across all regions of sale.
It should be noted that when they sell products to Mainland China they do so via using cross-border procedures that totally avoid any animal testing practices.
The Ordinary is also Leaping Bunny certified:
What is Leaping Bunny?
Leaping Bunny is the only international humane certification for beauty and cosmetics products. Leaping Bunny-certified companies do not test on animals, anywhere in the world, and guarantee consumer protection from animal testing.
The Leaping Bunny score measures the cruelty-free status of a company based on its policies, practices, and willingness to include independent animal welfare audits in its production.
The Leaping Bunny certification is a widely recognized standard for personal care and household products, and it requires all ingredients used by The Ordinary to be cruelty-free.
The company already stated that its products were cruelty-free, but the Leaping Bunny certification provides a third-party verification.
Is The Ordinary Vegan?
Yes. Every product within The Ordinary brand is certified vegan by PETA.
It should be noted that The Ordinary is a sister company to DECIEM. DECIEM was created in 2016 by Brandon Truaxe who wanted to create the most transparent and effectively run beauty company on the planet, driven by data-driven insights and a dedication to honesty and integrity.
I mention this because, at this stage, not all DECIEM products are vegan certified however once again when it comes to The Ordinary line of products everything is certified vegan-free.
Who is PETA?
PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and it is more than likely you have heard of them as they are very famous.
PETA is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with millions of members and supporters, with decades of history working to protect animals from cruelty.
They are uncompromising when it comes to cruelty—and we are willing to do whatever it takes to expose it. PETA investigates cases of abuse and neglect and provides veterinary medical care when needed.
So it is good to see that The Ordinary is certified vegan.
Is The Ordinary Good For Acne?
Yes, it is good for acne. In fact, all the products this brand supplies are 100% active concentrated products.
Meaning you get a lot of product compared to the price and there is a lot of comments made by customers who suffer from acne and acne scars stating how wonderfully The Ordinary products have helped.
Many people with acne have been intrigued by The Ordinary, the new skincare company that’s recently been making waves in the beauty industry.
The brand is known for offering high-quality products at affordable prices, which makes it an appealing option for people with acne.
Do The Ordinary Products Need To Be Refrigerated?
The majority of The Ordinary products do not need to be refrigerated. One exception that comes to mind is the Retinol product that does need refrigerating after you open it.
Any of the products that need to be refrigerated will clearly say so on the label.
However, just like with food, proper storage is key to maintaining the quality of beauty products. There are a few guidelines to follow when it comes to storing your products: keep them away from direct sunlight, keep them in a cool, dry place, and don’t leave them in your car.
Do The Ordinary Products Have An Expiry?
Yes, they do. There are 2 different types of expiry dates.
1: Shelf life of an unopened product.
2: Expiration after opening the product.
The vast majority of their products if left unopened have a 3-year shelf life. Once the product has been opened you need to take notice of the expiry date on the product.
All products have a PAO symbol that means… period after opening.
Can You Use The Ordinary Products When Pregnant or Nursing?
No!!! While the ingredients of each product are considered to be totally safe none of the products have been tested on those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
In my opinion, you look radiant when pregnant anyway. So why risk it?
Further reading: Is Original Penguin A Good Brand? (Highly-Regarded Men’s Apparel), What are Saucer Chairs? (Great Chairs For All Ages), and Is K Swiss A Good Brand? (Quality Athletic & Lifestyle Footwear)
How Do I Contact The Ordinary?
As a reputable company, they provide numerous easy ways to contact them.
Just go to this page… https://deciem.com/au/contact-us.html
There you will find all the information you need for Order Inquiries, Returns, Product How-To Guides, and at the bottom of the page Toll-Free phone numbers so you can contact them no matter where you are in the world.
You may also be interested in… Is Nature Made A Good Brand? (Discover How Their Vitamins Rate) and Is Elf A Good Brand?