There are so many things you need to know about the Stanley tool brand in spite of being a well-established company. The objective of this article is to help you know more about this brand and why it is very popular…
If you are looking for reliable hand tools, Stanley is the best thing to consider. Stanley is a division of Stanley Black & Decker, following the merger of Black & Decker and The Stanley Works in March 2010.
In the year 1843, The Stanley Works was developed by Frederick Trent Stanley, originally a door and bolt hardware manufacturing company situated in New Britain, Connecticut.
In the year 1857, Henry Stanley started the Stanley Rule and Level Company in New Britain, Connecticut. This company, combined with the separate but related Stanley Works, discovered by Henry Stanley, Frederic Trent Stanley, cousin and continued operating as its hand tools division in March 1920.
In the year 1937 Stanley obtained the British J. A Chapmen company, a manufacturer of carpentry tools as well as other items such as bayonets during WW II. This is a British company formerly situated in Sheffield from Norman Neil. The company has assisted Stanley to go into the British market.
Below I have provided some examples of some of the most popular Stanley tools with a focus on customer comments about how they feel about the product and if they consider the company to be a reliable and trustworthy brand…
Are Stanley Sockets Any Good?
The Stanley sockets are very popular and their socket sets get great reviews and high customer ratings. Many have made a point of saying you can spend more money on a different brand but you still won’t get better quality than these sockets…
Example of comments from Stanley socket set reviews:
I have raced Car, Motorcycles, Trucks since I have been 13 and I have owned just about every name brand tool one could own and the Stanley will hold up to the best of them all and come with a Life Time Warranty, what more could one ask for? The main reason I bought this set was to keep in my Truck for emergencies in case they are need and second reason is I like buying from Amazon because they have class and that makes a great transaction.
- This was an excellent purchase and the tools are very well made and I would state that Stanley’s tools are underrated the quality is excellent.
- These are very good quality tools. I’ve used quite a few different name brands over the years and Stanley tools have become my favorite.
- I would say these are just as good of quality as any of the name brands with a cheaper price tag and without sacrificing the quality of the product.
- This is IMO the best set of ratchets and sockets on the market.
- You can pay more for other brands, but you won’t get a better set than this one. It contains both metric and SAE sockets.
- I chose this one because bike repairs need a wide range of metric sockets and because I trust the brand.
- This doesn’t disappoint, it has every socket I could really conjure up a need for and comes in a sturdy carrying case.
Are Stanley Air Compressors Any Good?
The Stanley portable power station is very popular and an excellent product. I thas plenty of power to jump-start any car and the air compressor can pump your car, truck, lawn mower tires, basketballs, etc. It won’t do the same job and have the same speed as a dedicated air compressor however it a great combo to have and has bailed plenty of people out of emergency situations with their vehicles…
STANLEY J5C09 JUMPiT Portable Power Station Jump Starter: 1000 Peak/500 Instant Amps, 120 PSI Air Compressor, USB Port, Battery Clamps
Example of comments from Stanley socket set reviews:
I’ve had one of these for 2 years now and this thing has been a life saver for me. I’m a do it yourselfers and can fix anything and I’m telling you this is a great little machine. I’ve use it on my truck and car, riding mower and a 32 horse tractor. Pumped up many tires. It’s like having a spare battery and an air compressor at your finger tips at all times, only easier to use.
- The pool floats took about 15 minutes each and I inflated 4, so I know the compressor will run for at least an hour and leave enough battery capacity to start a car.
- I’ve used the air compressor multiple times and while it’s not as fast as a dedicated air compressor likely would be, it’s very portable and a wonderful addition to have anyway.
- The air compressor is REALLY, REALLY good to have around.
- I wouldn’t be without my Stanley Jump Starter. I had a really weird problem with the electrical system in my car and had to use Stanley every time I needed to start my Expedition
- The air compressor was great. Without it, I would have gotten stuck in snowy/sleeting night for a couple of hours trying to change tires.
- Plenty of power to jump-start any car, as long as a low battery is an issue, and it will inflate a low or totally flat car or pickup tire.
Are Stanley Flasks Any Good?
The Stanley flasks receive massively high ratings and are a much-appreciated item for work, hiking, the beach, camping, etc. And if you are looking for a great gift idea this is it…
Stanley Stainless Steel Shot Glass and Flast Gift Set. Outdoor Adventure Pack with 4 metal shot glasses, 8oz whiskey flask, and travel carry case
Example of comments from Stanley flask reviews:
Good amount of liquids can be filled in the flask and used it right away and loved it as friends were impressed with the shot glasses it came with.
- Bought as a gift to fill a cooler with camping gear. Was a huge hit and survived a week-long trip with 20-something-year-olds in the woods
- Great for tequila shots at the beach.
- Like this so much and not for cocktails but for my sugar and creamer every day at work.
- Great idea for a hike and some extra enjoyment when you reach the top.
- Got this for my boyfriend and he geeked out over it, it’s good quality and a great gift idea.
Are Stanley Hand Planes Good?
Stanley hand planes are of good quality as you would expect from this brand. They have a number of different hand planes to select from including the following example…
Example of comments from Stanley hand plane reviews:
Great little tool. This is my first time using hand-tools instead of a router. It worked great for my application (chamfering some edges) without the mess of a handheld router. It came sharp right out of the box and after reading the instructions, I was able to set it up and start working with it. I’m definitely buying more hand planes thanks to this little guy.
- This low angle block plane is fantastic. I’ve used it for all sorts of projects, even the ones I didn’t plan on using in the first place.
- Doors were not shutting and I wanted a quick way to cut off 1/16-1/4″ where they were hitting the jam. Problem solved without removing doors.
- This little guy is an excellent value. It was smaller than I expected but gets the job done.
- The casting is in good shape too, with smooth edges, etc.
- The low angle is great for going in any direction, and it’s easy to control.
- Fits in the palm of my hand.
- Easy depth of cut adjustment.
Are Stanley Pressure Washers Good?
When it comes to pressure washers you will be hard-pressed to find one as powerful as this one for its size. It is lightweight, is highly rated by customers, and is the ideal pressure washer for anything you want to do around the home including washing your vehicles…
Example of comments from Stanley pressure washer reviews:
Easy to set up, easy to move around. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Easy to put away. Easy to put the soap dispenser on and off also. Worked very well cleaning our patio concrete which had never been powerwashed in the 21 years we lived at the house. It looks great!
- It has great flexibility with four different quick-connect nozzles that fit in a convenient holder on top of the spray gun and a foam cannon that stores on the back of the unit.
- The foam cannon is great for vehicles. I wash my truck and challenger with the chemical guys foaming citrus wash and it sprays incredibly foamy, to say the least with this setup.
- It is SMALL and LIGHT and POWERFUL. Amazing!
- GREAT power washer for anything you need to do around the house, don’t hesitate to buy this one.
- Most powerful electric PW out there.
- Other than having the highest max/ pressure rating than any other unit, what I really like about this one is the slim footprint, it’s like wheeling around a small carry-on.
- Much easier to maneuver than other models.
- I’ve used other pressure washers in the past and this was by far the best and easiest to use.
Are Stanley Thermos Good?
One of the highest rating products on Amazon is the Stanley thermos and it even comes with a lifetime warranty. This thermos is known for being tough and it actually works extremely well at keeping your coffee hot or your cold drinks cold…
Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Bottle – BPA-Free 18/8 Stainless Steel Thermos for Cold and Hot Beverages – Keeps Liquid Hot or Cold for Up to 24 Hours
Example of comments from Stanley thermos reviews:
This thing is built like a rock, without being crazy heavy. Yes, I know, built in China…does it matter? I don’t think so, quality is a choice by the company, not the country. If a company cares, they can make a good product anywhere. I think this could easily outlive me.
- Seriously, NOTHING beats Stanley bottles.
- You just can’t go wrong when you purchase a Stanley vacuum bottle.
- He told me it was the best thermos he had ever used.
- He said he had purchased every kind on the market and this was the only one that kept his coffee hot.
- This man stated he would never use any other brand but Stanley in the future.
- It fits perfectly under the seat of their snowmobile.
- My coffee stays hot all day long – even down to the last dregs at the bottom.
What Makes Stanley a Good Brand?
There is no doubt that Stanley is a very popular brand not only in Europe but all over the world as well. In fact, every carpenter and woodworker knows this company. Here are some of the best reasons why Stanley is a remarkable brand…
Wide Range of Products
What makes this company sets apart from the rest is the wide array of products they offer to cater to the needs of everyone.
The company is a renowned brand of tools such as saws, hand planes, try squares, rulers, screwdriver sets, chisels, and a lot of other kinds of hand tools and power tools for the consumer as well as for the industrial application.
Their innovations take account of the Surform shaper, Bailey plane, PowerLock tape measure, utility knife as well as unusual multitool called the Stanley #1 Odd Jobs.
With a wide range of products to choose from, you are certain to get and find anything you want for your daily needs and activities from this remarkable brand.
The Stanley tools have been in the hands of expert contractors as well as accomplished homeowners. The products they offer are high quality, reliable, and available for a reasonable price.
These products are trusted all over the world for dependability and accuracy.
The company is proud of its reputation for excellence as well as dedicated to continually testing, making, designing, and improving its products to make sure maximum function and quality.
Maintaining its standing as one of the best tool brands in the world at what they do is essential to them and what customers expect from a name.
Years of Existence
The company has been in business for many years now. They would not have lasted this long if they were not supported by consumers.
For over 175 years, Stanley’s innovative products have assisted repair, build, and protect the world. The legacy keeps on today.
Stanley has good control over the supply chain of their high-quality products. This is due to the company’s large scale purchase bases. This allows them to attain preferable prices.
What is more, they also offer huge discounts from time to time, which enable customers to buy the product for a very reasonable price. They are one of the few tool brands that also offer discounts to bulk buyers. They want to help retailers to become successful in their ventures as well.
Fast, Reliable Shipping
Stanley offers fast and reliable delivery, and that is guaranteed. They also offer free delivery to customers located in their region. They ship within 24 hours.
Excellent Customer Service
Another remarkable thing about Stanley is the superb customer service. The customer service hotline number is always open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and the staff is always ready to answer your calls.
If you have questions about the products, delivery or any matter, just call the company, and for sure it will be fixed immediately. They are also very decent with regards to returns and refunds.
Stanley offers a warranty on the products they offer. All you need to do is to call the customer service center about this matter, and it will be handled right away.
Where To Buy Stanley Tools?
You can see all of the Stanley tools currently available and purchase them online from Amazon
Alternatively, you can find a retailer near you by entering your zip code on this page… Find a Stanley retailer.
Stanley is at the top of the list when it comes to tool brands. They are a reputed company with decades of experience. The quality of the products is unmatched and committed to providing the best service and products you deserve.