Makita is one of the oldest Japanese companies in the power-tool manufacturing industry…
Established in 1915, Makita has become a market leader thanks to its commitment to quality, excellent customer service, and innovative offerings. The brand is primarily known for its power tools and has production facilities all around the world.
Makita was founded in 1915. At that time, the brand’s establishment was basically a repair shop for electric equipment and tools in Nagoya, Japan, situated midway between Osaka and Tokyo.
Makita was incorporated as Makita Electric Works, Ltd. in 1938. Near the end of WWII in 1945, the company relocated its headquarter to Sumiyoshi-Cho in Anjo City in order to avoid damage from the air raids. It has been situated in Anjo ever since.
Makita shifted its efforts to manufacturing electric power tools in 1958. At the beginning of that year, the brand started selling portable electric planers, the first product of its kind in Japan.
By 1969, the company had become one of the top Japanese brands in the power tool market. Makita credited its success in the local power tool market to a unique system of direct distribution, pioneering research and development, and high-quality construction.
In 1970, Makita expanded its reach to the United States and continued to grow. Within the next four years, the brand had operations in Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and France.
In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the brand created subsidiaries in Singapore, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, and Germany. Today, Makita has a global presence in the power tools industry.
Where To Buy Makita Tools?
You can see all of the Makita tools currently available and purchase them online at their Amazon Store.
Alternatively, you can find a store near you from Makita’s store locator page.
Below I have provided some examples of some of the most popular Makita tools with a focus on customer comments about how they feel about the product and if they consider the company to be a reliable and trustworthy brand…
Are Makita Drills Good?
Makita is a great brand for drills and like all good power tool companies has a number of options and combos to choose from such as the following cordless drill kit that rates exceptionally high with a massive 87% of customers giving it a full 5 -stars…
Example of comments from Makita Drill reviews:
Makita as always makes an excellent product. The battery life is outstanding – recharging is very quick and the product quality is what you would expect with Makita. This will be one of those items that last many years to come.
- Great drill, small, light but very powerful, has a light, the battery’s interchangeable with my other Makita products.
- I’ve been building sheds and roofs from scratch. This is the only drill that has stood up to the pace so far.
- I love this drill. I have recently finished building a 12×16 ft. deck and used this as a screwdriver (1000 plus screws) for the entire project.
- It has a lot of settings for drilling and using as a screwdriver and allows a wide range of torque options.
- Best drill I’ve ever owned by far. I use it almost every day for garage and house tasks.
- Works great. Love Makita products I have some 25 years old and still working great.
- Makita rarely disappoints with great power and great longevity.
- One of the best drills ever. This is one of the best things I have purchased on Amazon. Best brand for electric tools.
- Makita has to be one of the best electric motor manufacturers in the world. You’ll never be disappointed with their quality or performance
- I love this cordless drill, I’ve always been a Makita fan and owned lots of their power tools! I’ve always been impressed with the performance of everything I’ve bought from them!!
- The best battery life of any I have ever owned! Hands down best!
Are Makita Chain Saws Good?
Makita chain saws are very highly regarded so much so that the following chainsaw kit has 83% of customers rating it 5 out of 5-stars…
Example of comments from Makita Chain Saw reviews:
This chainsaw is awesome. Instant torque, and cuts logs, beams, etc… with ease. Have tried other brands from customers, but fell in love with this one.
- Better than I hoped, and I had high expectations based on my other Makita tools.
- This brand is the one you want. Push the power button on and cut.
- Another professional-grade tool from Makita.
- So much easier to grab the Makita, pop in 2 18V LXT batteries, and away I go! And man does this Makita XCU03 cut wood. Wow.
- Makita just has that premium build quality and strong materials tend to be heavy. So far I’m very impressed and look forward to years of service out of this little work-horse.
- It is well made like all Makita stuff, with good weight balance, making it easy to control. In fact, it feels and works just like a small gas chainsaw.
- The Makita hasn’t let me down yet and it’s much nicer when I have to put down the chainsaw to reposition work without having an idling gas chainsaw sitting and moving around.
Are Makita Air Compressors Good?
Makita air compressors rate just as highly as all of their other products with a variety of options to choose from including the following impressive air compressor…
Example of comments from Makita Air Compressor reviews:
In my boat building business, I have thoroughly pooped out four compressors with bigger capacity, and bigger claims than this little compressor. It has a smaller tank than the others, and its worked hard for the past six months. It’s flat out better than any of the previous bigger compressors. And it is portable.
- I’ve used several compact compressors and this one is the best.
- The Makita 5200 is one badass compressor that can keep up with any demand.
- It’s heavy as hell but on wheels.
- This compressor is awesome, things just aren’t made this well very often anymore and my expectations were exceeded which rarely happens.
- It is the quietest nongas operated compressor I’ve ever seen.
- This thing is a monster. It will run 3 roofing guns with no problems at all….. and 4 in a pinch……Best plugin compressor out there.
- It can handle the most demanding of loads with ease.
- Works very well. Makita is a trustworthy brand.
Are Makita Batteries Good?
Makita batteries are so impressive with amazing reviewer ratings and the following 5.0Ah battery has just taken everything to another level. This battery has a whopping 91% of customers rating it 5 out of 5-stars. You can’t get any more impressive than that…
Example of comments from Makita Battery reviews:
Myself, my adult kids, and a number of employees use Makita battery tools. I have a number of the 3ah batteries that have lasted for many years. The newer 5ah batteries are more powerful. I have a blower that runs faster on the 5ah batteries.
- These 5AH batteries are the best choice for my battery-operated Makita tools.
- They put out a good level of current with minimal fading, recharge quickly, and with the additional circuitry in these newer batteries, they seem to last much longer; I haven’t lost a battery to the past “bad battery” failure to charge situation in a very long time.
- Even when they aren’t used for a while, I haven’t noticed any excessive self-discharge or battery life reductions.
- More power now with these 5.0amh than tools ever had when new.
- Saws work better & longer than ever before.
- I use these batteries in a brushless saw and drill. They go and go and go. Incidentally, they weigh exactly the same amount as a 3 amp-hour battery.
Are Makita Impact Wrenches Any Good?
Oh my goodness Makita has another product with over 90% of customers rating it 5 out of 5-stars and that’s the following impact wrench kit. In fact, all of their impact wrench offers are very highly rated…
Makita XWT08T 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless High Torque 1/2″ Sq. Drive Impact Wrench Kit w/ Friction Ring Anvil (5.0Ah)
Example of comments from Makita Impact Wrench reviews:
This powerful piece of equipment is crazy. I went looking in my garage for anything with a nut and bolt to see if this tool could be hindered. It can’t so far. I’ve removed rusted nuts off of brake calipers, old machinery, fence posts, and a bunch of other random things I could find. All of this was down at the lowest setting.
- This tool is a game-changer. Tons of grunt without dragging a cord or hose everywhere.
- Amazing torque. Don’t know how I did farm tractor maintenance without it.
- This is one hell of an impact wrench. I bought it because of the high torque and this has not failed me once yet.
- The other day I had to replace some motor mounts and this removed the bolts easily.
- Would highly recommend this for heavy-duty use.
- This tool alone probably saved us at least 2 hours of labor changing out struts front, shocks rear, wheel bearings, cv axles, stability bar, brakes, and rims.
- I am completely amazed at the power of this. I would have never imagined a cordless could have this much power. I can’t imagine encountering a lug-nut that I can’t break loose with this.
Are Makita Miter Saws Good?
Makita miter saws also have a great reputation with a number of options to choose from including the following popular compound miter saw…
Example of comments from Makita Miter Saw reviews:
The sliding action is great! I had to make a bunch of cuts on 2×10’s and this thing is so smooth. The Makita will make all the beleved cuts you want and it is pretty easy to adjust.
- It is powerful yet manageable. 10″ is the sweet spot for residential renovation and installation work. The quality is very good, the price is reasonable.
- This tool made fast and accurate work of the framing and shelving.
- Love that I can cut larger pieces of wood, already looking forward to my next project!
- I like the accuracy and I use it for everything in carpentry.
- I’ve been using this mostly for furniture and planters. I used it for some deck work, and a bit of finish work as well, and it performed perfectly.
- Plenty of power. Very smooth slide.
Are Makita Nail Guns Good?
Makita miter saws also have a great reputation with a number of options to choose from including the following popular compound miter saw…
Example of comments from Makita Nail Gun reviews:
Makita has a winner here, it’s made of quality materials including an aluminum magazine (not plastic) which perhaps adds a little weight but these types of guns are fairly small anyway.
- Works great very pleased with its operation and does not punch the surface of the material hard and make deep punch marks while sinking brads my best brad nailer so far!
- Built a large shed with this gun, had no problems with it, very good labor-saving tool.
- Used this for mounting lots of trim work for windows and baseboards.
- Very pleased with the quality and function.
Are Makita Vacuums Good?
While Makita is best known for its amazing tools it has equally as impressive vacuums as well including the following popular compact cordless vacuum kit…
Example of comments from Makita Vacuum reviews:
For me, this is an outstanding helpful tool that I am thankful for every day! I have wood floors in my house. I have pets. I have two dyson vacuums which I love. But this makes me dance a jig for a few reasons…it’s cordless, it’s lightweight, it’s small, and it is simple.
- If you are looking for a cordless vacuum that actually picks things up and the battery doesn’t die after 10 minutes, this is for you!
- I like the see-through canister and the slim battery pack makes it light and low profile. I think it’s a good deal as a package.
- Suction is fantastic! No kickback of granular things like cat litter AT ALL!
- Battery life is great! I charged it maybe 30 mins out of the box and it cleaned my entire kitchen, family room, and spots in the bedroom bathroom. Still, more charge left.
- Works great as a hand vac in the car and on the stairs! Does a better job than the carwash does at cleaning out salt and crumbs in the grooves on the seats!
- We have 2 long-haired dogs who shed almost all year long and they constantly track in leaves and dirt from outside. This Makita vacuum is perfect for quickly sucking up those daily messes.
- It’s light, powerful, and easy to empty.
What Makes Makita a Good Brand?
We have already seen what an amazing and powerful brand Makita is with a loyal fan base who swear by their products and will always look to this brand first when buying tools.
The following are some more key factors that make Makita a good brand:
Well-Recognized Power Tool Manufacturing Giant
Makita has earned a name as one of the biggest and most reliable power tool brands in the world. It is the result of the brand’s products offering unmatched durability and quality that is driven by its strong research and development capabilities.
As mentioned before, Makita has production and distribution plants all around the world, including countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, China, Canada, Brazil, and Japan. This means you can buy Makita products no matter where you are located.
Massive Product Line
Makita specializes in manufacturing power tools for a wide range of industries and niches. From portable general-purpose tools to woodworking tools, garden tools, consumer products, and everything in between, the Makita product line appeals to both professional and DIY markets.
Innovative, Best-in-Class Power Tools
Makita manufactures power tools that feature state-of-the-art technology and innovation. With over 100 years of experience in advanced motor design, the brand is capable of introducing the latest innovation and manufacturing the best-in-class tools in the world.
Makita power tools have less weight, more power, and they are more efficient and compact than any other.
The Bottom Line
All in all, Makita is a brand that does not need any introduction. It is a global leader when it comes to manufacturing power tools and advanced electric motors for a wide range of professional and DIY niches.
The brand aims to become the best supplier of power tools in the world, manufacturing products that make living much more enjoyable and comfortable.
You may also be interested in… Is Ryobi A Good Brand and Is Porter Cable A Good Brand For Air Compressors And Power Tools