What Is The Makita Brand Known For?
Makita is one of the oldest Japanese companies in the power-tool industry as well as providing top-class lawn and garden tools for home users and professionals. Established in 1915, Makita has become a market leader thanks to its commitment to quality, excellent customer service, and innovative offerings.
The Makita brand name is famous and their power tools are built to last, and are affordable for the everyday homeowner. Because of their popularity and proven track record for making quality tools this company has production facilities all around the world.
Makita is a world-leading manufacturer of power tools, the company produces cordless and corded power tools, rotary and demolition hammers, saws, grinders, concrete drills, and other construction machinery. With more than 100 years of engineering excellence, Makita has developed some of the world’s most advanced cordless and corded power tools.
Below I have provided some examples of some of the most popular Makita tools with a focus on customer comments about how they feel about the product and if they consider the company to be a reliable and trustworthy brand…
Makita Is A Good Brand For String Trimmers
The following Snapper product has an AMAZING 89% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The new LXT Lithium-Ion string trimmer delivers revolutionary performance and runtime to power through your toughest outdoor jobs. With its 36V high-capacity battery system, the XRU15PT1 works longer than 18V Ni-Cd & NiMH batteries, and still out-performs gas string trimmers.
Makita’s 18V X2 LXT cordless string trimmer offers the ultimate in power and speed. It’s built with a brushless motor, two BL1840 5.0 Ah batteries, and an efficient high-output down-draft dual impeller air flow system. The XRU1830T1 includes a string trimmer attachment made for edging and trimming along sidewalks or driveways.
This state-of-the-art lithium battery delivers power on demand. With a Brushless Motor, this unit runs cooler and doesn’t require an air filter…
Makita XRU15PT1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless (5.0Ah) 18V X2 (36V) LXT String Trimmer Kit with 4 Batteries
- The XRU15PT1 is a versatile trimmer designed to perform with power and durability.
- Its large gearbox allows it to handle a variety of jobs by giving you the freedom to choose from 3 different speeds and the power to cut 2-3 times longer per charge than other brands.
- Also included, 4 batteries for a longer run time.
- Designed for the professional landscaper, this 5-amp, 2-speed cordless string trimmer delivers more torque and runtime than most gas models.
- Features include a 15-inch cutting path, electric start for easy starting in all conditions, metal gear case for long tool life, 2-step variable speed trigger, adjustable multi-position handle, and heavy-duty 4 positions pivoting head.
- Replacing a gas motor with a powerful brushless electric motor, the Makita XRU18 LXT comes with a Rapid Optimum Charger.
- This innovative and revolutionary tool uses a high-velocity fan cooling system, ICE technology, and balanced design for enhanced control and a smooth, consistent cut every time.
Makita Is A Good Brand For Leaf Blowers
The following Snapper product has an AMAZING 88% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Makita, one of the leading brands in outdoor power tools, has announced the new Makita 18v x2 blower kit. The 18V X2 Blower is equipped with a 10-amp motor and 2.0Ah battery, which provide great power for more efficient operation.
The 18V X2 (36V) Blower kit includes a powerful 2-speed, 1800 watt blower that is engineered for removing large amounts of leaves and other fall debris from your hard or soft outdoor surfaces, as well as snow from sidewalks, decks and steps. The compact, lightweight design and adjustable shoulder strap make this blower easy to carry and use. Its vacuum-like propulsion provides powerful airflow, so unlike other leaf blowers there’s no waste of energy by blowing air more than what’s necessary.
The dual-action trigger allows the user to select between blowing mode or vacuum mode and allows for variable speed control. The system allows the user to avoid overheating by selecting the desired speed…
- This blower with the power to get any job done right is part of Makita’s expanding line-up of Lithium-Ion tools.
- Blowing leaves, grass clippings, or dropping dandelions is simple with its variable speed dial and convenient cord lock feature.
- Comfortable to carry and easy to handle, this blower recharges quickly and has a built-in LED for eye protection.
- It has a soft start function for smooth startup and a lock-on button so you don’t have the hassle of continuously holding the button down while getting the job done.
- It has variable speed control, allowing the user to adjust the speed for maximum results.
- Ideal for rapid drying or blowing off snow, it delivers outstanding air volume and power to the job site.
- The brushless DC motor delivers up to 2,200 CFM force for forest clearing, moving wet leaves and ground debris with ease and versatility.
Makita Is A Good Brand For Leaf Blowers
The following Snapper product has an excellent 77% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Cut your grass fast with a powerful 36V (18V X2) LXT two-wheeled mower from Makita. This rechargeable, cordless mower makes yard work easier and faster, freeing up more time for you to enjoy your outdoor space.
Makita’s 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 18″ Lawn Mower Kit with 4 batteries is a complete solution for you to tackle your lawn and get it looking its best. It’s powered by a Brushless Motor that runs up to 25% more efficiently than brushed motors while providing you more power. The radio frequency (RF) safety system prevents radio interference, so the batteries can communicate with the charger and with other compatible batteries. This mower allows you to extend your workday, without worrying about running low on charge.
The convenient two-wheel design allows for quick turns and better maneuverability. Choose from three cutting height positions that can be adjusted easily while you’re working by toggling the single lever height adjuster located at the base of the handle…
- The Makita 36V Brushless 18″ Lawn Mower Kit has all the features of a gas mower, but with the fuel efficiency and power of an electric.
- This powerful lawnmower has a composite deck that’s durable and lightweight, plus a 2-speed self-propelled rear-wheel drive system that offers a smooth ride.
- The 36V motor cuts through the thickest grass, offering a clean-cut even on hillsides up to 45°!
- Features 3/4″ fixed front and rear wheels for easy maneuvering over uneven terrain.
- The 36V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Mower kit is like having two lawnmowers in one.
- Easily switch between push and rear bagging with the flip of a lever.
- Makita’s 36V LXT cordless electric lawn mower packs a lot of power into a lightweight design so you can get the yard work done quickly.
- This mower makes it easier to get the grass cut just right.
- It weighs under 45 lbs., and the removable battery tray gives you plenty of room to maneuver around obstacles.
Makita Is A Good Brand For Couple Shaft Power Heads
The following Snapper product has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Cut through the toughest lawns with ease using the Makita XUX01ZM5 String Trimmer. It’s equipped with a brushless motor that provides high torque and efficient operation at any speed, helping you complete your trimming tasks in no time at all. With its 3-speed control, you can adjust the unit to match your yard’s layout.
The XUX01ZM5 is powered by two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries, which deliver up to twice the runtime as standard 18V LXT 1.3Ah models. Makita’s exclusive battery protection circuit prevents damage to the battery by monitoring temperature, voltage and current. The battery discharge level gauge helps ensure that power tool batteries are not discharged below a safe level.
With its straight shaft for precise and effortless edging along sidewalks, driveways, and tight corners, the Makita XUX01ZM5 is a breeze to use. Remember: Makita charges batteries faster and keeps running longer than any other brand…
Makita XUX01ZM5 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head with String Trimmer Attachment
- It cut with outstanding power and endurance through thicker materials with no bogging down.
- The XUZ01ZM5 uses high-energy 4.0Ah batteries for less downtime and long running time.
- The individual battery channels provide maximum power to each driven wheel for greater performance and handling.
- This strong, compact, and lightweight, 5.5-amp cordless couple shaft powerhead delivers efficient cutting performance up to 6300 rpm giving the best in class cutting speed on siding with an optimized blade geometry.
- The 3D brushless motor and 2-speed control deliver up to 40% more run time compared with conventional drive motors while increasing power.
Makita Is A Good Brand For Couple Shaft Power Heads
The following Snapper product has an AMAZING 83% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
The Makita 22″ Hedge Trimmer boasts the On-Tool High Capacity Battery Charger, which increases work time and tool run-time by up to 25%. This battery charger delivers a massive 4.0 amp hour for more runtime and minimizes downtime when switching between tools.
Compared to gasoline hedge trimmers, the Makita XHU02M1 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer is quieter and delivers more power and longer runtime. This two-speed hedge trimmer features a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, faster cutting speed and no expensive fuel. Its XR cut blade design provides fast cuts with less vibration.
The Makita XHU02M1 cordless 22″ hedge trimmer is durable and lightweight, weighing only 8.4 lbs for extended use without arm fatigue. A maintenance-free, low vibration gear case and shaft deliver smooth operation…
- The cordless Makita 18V LXT hedge trimmer delivers professional performance – with less weight and less noise.
- The Makita XHU02M1 is impact-absorbing, low vibration, quiet and lightweight, and runs on one fully-charged 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery for extended use.
- The Makita cordless hedge trimmer is a cordless alternative to the power of gas for dependable and clean cuts.
- Has a 90 degree adjustable head for reaching over obstacles and trimming along walls.
- Ultra-quiet and vibration-free, it is engineered to reduce operator fatigue from long jobs.
- The ergonomic design allows the weight to be balanced and provides greater control for ease of handling.
- A nice feature is a removable guard, so you can see how many lines you have left on the spool at any time.
Are Makita Drills Good?
Makita Drills are considered to be one of the best 18V Cordless Drills on the market. They offer an excellent drilling performance, great rotation speed, smooth trigger action, good battery life, and great value for money. The drills have been built with a variety of features that make them suitable for domestic and commercial use.
Makita drills are good because of the innovative features that enable users to get more done in less time. They have ergonomic improvements as well as a wider range of variable speeds for greater versatility. Their brushless motors are powerful, clean and run longer between charges.
Makita drills provide users with power, durability, and sleek design. They come in a range of sizes and voltages, including cordless drills and 18v drills. Makita offers many features that would be found on more expensive brands.
Like all good power tool companiesMakita has a number of options and combos to choose from such as the following cordless drill kit that rates exceptionally high with a massive 87% of customers giving it a full 5 out of 5-stars…
Example of comments from Makita Drill:
Makita as always makes an excellent product. The battery life is outstanding – recharging is very quick and the product quality is what you would expect with Makita. This will be one of those items that last many years to come.
- Great drill, small, light but very powerful, has a light, the battery’s interchangeable with my other Makita products.
- I’ve been building sheds and roofs from scratch. This is the only drill that has stood up to the pace so far.
- I love this drill. I have recently finished building a 12×16 ft. deck and used this as a screwdriver (1000 plus screws) for the entire project.
- It has a lot of settings for drilling and using as a screwdriver and allows a wide range of torque options.
- Best drill I’ve ever owned by far. I use it almost every day for garage and house tasks.
- Works great. Love Makita products I have some 25 years old and still working great.
- Makita rarely disappoints with great power and great longevity.
- One of the best drills ever. This is one of the best things I have purchased on Amazon. Best brand for electric tools.
- Makita has to be one of the best electric motor manufacturers in the world. You’ll never be disappointed with their quality or performance
- I love this cordless drill, I’ve always been a Makita fan and owned lots of their power tools! I’ve always been impressed with the performance of everything I’ve bought from them!!
- The best battery life of any I have ever owned! Hands down best!
Are Makita Chain Saws Good?
Though most chain saws are very similar, Makita managed to build an innovative one through a combination of good design and improving on features that already work. They do this by focusing on quality and producing heavy-duty chain saws that last.
Makita’s innovations have led to them becoming one of the most trusted and respected brands for chain saws and power tools. Makita chain saws are known for strength, durability, and powerful performance.
Makita chain saws are very highly regarded so much so that the following chainsaw kit has 83% of customers rating it 5 out of 5-stars…
Example of comments from Makita Chain Saw:
This chainsaw is awesome. Instant torque, and cuts logs, beams, etc… with ease. Have tried other brands from customers, but fell in love with this one.
- Better than I hoped, and I had high expectations based on my other Makita tools.
- This brand is the one you want. Push the power button on and cut.
- Another professional-grade tool from Makita.
- So much easier to grab the Makita, pop in 2 18V LXT batteries, and away I go! And man does this Makita XCU03 cut wood. Wow.
- Makita just has that premium build quality and strong materials tend to be heavy. So far I’m very impressed and look forward to years of service out of this little workhorse.
- It is well made like all Makita stuff, with a good weight balance, making it easy to control. In fact, it feels and works just like a small gas chainsaw.
- The Makita hasn’t let me down yet and it’s much nicer when I have to put down the chainsaw to reposition work without having an idling gas chainsaw sitting and moving around.
Are Makita Air Compressors Good?
Makita air compressors are known for having long-lasting power and durability with a variety of attachments. They may be more expensive than other brands, but they offer a number of standard features that others in the market do not.
When it comes to lightweight, powerful, and durable air compressors Makita Air Compressors are definitely one of the best. Makita air compressors are massively popular among contractors who rely on the power of their air tools.
Makita air compressors rate just as highly as all of their other products with a variety of options to choose from including the following impressive air compressor that has 78% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Example of comments from Makita Air Compressor:
In my boat building business, I have thoroughly pooped out four compressors with bigger capacity, and bigger claims than this little compressor. It has a smaller tank than the others, and its worked hard for the past six months. It’s flat out better than any of the previous bigger compressors. And it is portable.
- I’ve used several compact compressors and this one is the best.
- The Makita 5200 is one badass compressor that can keep up with any demand.
- It’s heavy as hell but on wheels.
- This compressor is awesome, things just aren’t made this well very often anymore and my expectations were exceeded which rarely happens.
- It is the quietest nongas operated compressor I’ve ever seen.
- This thing is a monster. It will run 3 roofing guns with no problems at all….. and 4 in a pinch……Best plugin compressor out there.
- It can handle the most demanding of loads with ease.
- Works very well. Makita is a trustworthy brand.
Are Makita Batteries Good?
Makita batteries are high quality and long-lasting, to enhance the performance of your cordless power tools. Makita batteries have been rigorously retested and proven to perform in real-world conditions, with an average impact resistance of 3x more than other leading brands. They also contain the industry’s best cell technology.
Makita batteries are great for all of your power tools. You may never need to replace the batteries for your Makita tools, as they hold their charge. When you buy one you can be assured that you are choosing a high quality battery that holds up and lasts.
Makita batteries operate reliably and hold a charge for a long time. These batteries are suited for all types of drills and work well for other applications. Makita battery chargers provide the fastest charging time and the longest life span of any available drill charger on the market today.
Makita batteries are so impressive with amazing er ratings and the following 5.0Ah battery has just taken everything to another level. This battery has a MIND-BOGGLING 91% of customers rating it 5 out of 5-stars. You can’t get any more impressive than that…
Example of comments from Makita Battery:
Myself, my adult kids, and a number of employees use Makita battery tools. I have a number of the 3ah batteries that have lasted for many years. The newer 5ah batteries are more powerful. I have a blower that runs faster on the 5ah batteries.
- These 5AH batteries are the best choice for my battery-operated Makita tools.
- They put out a good level of current with minimal fading, recharge quickly, and with the additional circuitry in these newer batteries, they seem to last much longer; I haven’t lost a battery to the past “bad battery” failure to charge situation in a very long time.
- Even when they aren’t used for a while, I haven’t noticed any excessive self-discharge or battery life reductions.
- More power now with these 5.0amh than tools ever had when new.
- Saws work better & longer than ever before.
- I use these batteries in a brushless saw and drill. They go and go and go. Incidentally, they weigh exactly the same amount as a 3 amp-hour battery.
Are Makita Impact Wrenches Any Good?
Makita impact wrenches and drivers are high-quality, dependable tools that have been engineered and built to last. These tools are designed and manufactured to deliver consistent performance when faced with even the toughest jobs.
Makita impact wrenches are indeed very good. They make a difficult job relatively easy. Makita impact wrenches are the most powerful and efficient way to a job done right. These tools are built with users in mind, as they are designed to be comfortable and easy to handle. They feature ergonomically designed rubber that absorbs shock and vibration for reduced operator fatigue, while the hand-hold grip is shaped to fit comfortably in your hands.
Oh my goodness Makita has another product with a MIND-BOGGLING 90% of customers rating it 5 out of 5-stars and that’s the following impact wrench kit. In fact, all of their impact wrench offers are very highly rated…
Makita XWT08T 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless High Torque 1/2″ Sq. Drive Impact Wrench Kit w/ Friction Ring Anvil (5.0Ah)
Example of comments from Makita Impact Wrench:
This powerful piece of equipment is crazy. I went looking in my garage for anything with a nut and bolt to see if this tool could be hindered. It can’t so far. I’ve removed rusted nuts off of brake calipers, old machinery, fence posts, and a bunch of other random things I could find. All of this was down at the lowest setting.
- This tool is a game-changer. Tons of grunt without dragging a cord or hose everywhere.
- Amazing torque. Don’t know how I did farm tractor maintenance without it.
- This is one hell of an impact wrench. I bought it because of the high torque and this has not failed me once yet.
- The other day I had to replace some motor mounts and this removed the bolts easily.
- Would highly recommend this for heavy-duty use.
- This tool alone probably saved us at least 2 hours of labor changing out struts front, shocks rear, wheel bearings, cv axles, stability bar, brakes, and rims.
- I am completely amazed at the power of this. I would have never imagined a cordless could have this much power. I can’t imagine encountering a lug-nut that I can’t break loose with this.
Are Makita Miter Saws Good?
Makita miter saws also have a great reputation with a number of options to choose from including the following popular compound miter saw…
The Makita Compound Miter Saw is a beautifully engineered tool that has been built to last. Derived from the company’s professional-grade line, it has accurate cutting and is equipped with many standard features that are often only found in very expensive models.
Ideal for cutting baseboards, crown molding, trim, or moldings on site..
Example of comments from Makita Miter Saw:
The sliding action is great! I had to make a bunch of cuts on 2×10’s and this thing is so smooth. The Makita will make all the beleved cuts you want and it is pretty easy to adjust.
- It is powerful yet manageable. 10″ is the sweet spot for residential renovation and installation work. The quality is very good, the price is reasonable.
- This tool made fast and accurate work of the framing and shelving.
- Love that I can cut larger pieces of wood, already looking forward to my next project!
- I like the accuracy and I use it for everything in carpentry.
- I’ve been using this mostly for furniture and planters. I used it for some deck work, and a bit of finish work as well, and it performed perfectly.
- Plenty of power. Very smooth slide.
Are Makita Nail Guns Good?
Choose Makita nail guns for professional performance and durability in your professional setting. These guns are ideal for projects around the house or jobs at the shop. Drive nails with ease with these reliable, power-efficient models.
Makita offers a number of cordless nail gun models that can make your next home project easier than ever. From tasks such as hanging doors to building decks, and crafting the floor of your dreams, the Makita cordless nailer can help you achieve results that look great and, at times, seem almost too good to be true.
Makita nail guns are very impressive as demonstrated by the following product that has an AMAZING 86% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Example of comments from Makita Nail Gun:
Makita has a winner here, it’s made of quality materials including an aluminum magazine (not plastic) which perhaps adds a little weight but these types of guns are fairly small anyway.
- Works great very pleased with its operation and does not punch the surface of the material hard and make deep punch marks while sinking brads my best brad nailer so far!
- Built a large shed with this gun, had no problems with it, very good labor-saving tool.
- Used this for mounting lots of trim work for windows and baseboards.
- Very pleased with the quality and function.
Are Makita Vacuums Good?
Makita vacuums are known for being high-powered, durable, and reliable. Makita vacuum cleaners offer many convenient features. You can adjust the attachments to the area where you need cleaning, and use them on stairs to clean above and below with just one machine.
With a locking mode, so you don’t lose expensive attachments, this vacuum cleaner offers powerful suction to clear dirt quickly. As you vacuum, the air filter removes particulates from the air instead of recirculating them back into your home.
Makita vacuum cleaners are designed to be lightweight, powerful, and easy to use. The powerful motor ensures that they are excellent at picking up dirt and pet hair off of all types of surfaces. They come with a variety of attachments for different surfaces and various cleaning tasks.
While Makita is best known for its amazing tools it has equally as impressive vacuums as well including the following popular compact cordless vacuum kit that has an excellent 78% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and it has earned Amazon Choice status…
Example of comments from Makita Vacuum:
For me, this is an outstanding helpful tool that I am thankful for every day! I have wood floors in my house. I have pets. I have two dyson vacuums which I love. But this makes me dance a jig for a few reasons…it’s cordless, it’s lightweight, it’s small, and it is simple.
- If you are looking for a cordless vacuum that actually picks things up and the battery doesn’t die after 10 minutes, this is for you!
- I like the see-through canister and the slim battery pack makes it light and low profile. I think it’s a good deal as a package.
- The suction is fantastic! No kickback of granular things like cat litter AT ALL!
- Battery life is great! I charged it maybe 30 mins out of the box and it cleaned my entire kitchen, family room, and spots in the bedroom bathroom. Still, more charge left.
- Works great as a hand vac in the car and on the stairs! Does a better job than the carwash does at cleaning out salt and crumbs in the grooves on the seats!
- We have 2 long-haired dogs who shed almost all year long and they constantly track in leaves and dirt from outside. This Makita vacuum is perfect for quickly sucking up those daily messes.
- It’s light, powerful, and easy to empty.
Makita was founded in 1915. At that time, the brand’s establishment was basically a repair shop for electric equipment and tools in Nagoya, Japan, situated midway between Osaka and Tokyo.
Makita was incorporated as Makita Electric Works, Ltd. in 1938. Near the end of WWII in 1945, the company relocated its headquarter to Sumiyoshi-Cho in Anjo City in order to avoid damage from the air raids. It has been situated in Anjo ever since.
Makita shifted its efforts to manufacturing electric power tools in 1958. At the beginning of that year, the brand started selling portable electric planers, the first product of its kind in Japan.
By 1969, the company had become one of the top Japanese brands in the power tool market. Makita credited its success in the local power tool market to a unique system of direct distribution, pioneering research and development, and high-quality construction.
In 1970, Makita expanded its reach to the United States and continued to grow. Within the next four years, the brand had operations in Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and France.
In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the brand created subsidiaries in Singapore, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, and Germany. Today, Makita has a global presence in the power tools industry.
What Makes Makita a Good Brand?
We have already seen what an amazing and powerful brand Makita is with a loyal fan base who swear by their products and will always look to this brand first when buying tools.
The following are some more key factors that make Makita a good brand:
Well-Recognized Power Tool Manufacturing Giant
Makita has earned a name as one of the biggest and most reliable power tool brands in the world. It is the result of the brand’s products offering unmatched durability and quality that is driven by its strong research and development capabilities.
As mentioned before, Makita has production and distribution plants all around the world, including countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, China, Canada, Brazil, and Japan. This means you can buy Makita products no matter where you are located.
Massive Product Line
Makita specializes in manufacturing power tools for a wide range of industries and niches. From portable general-purpose tools to woodworking tools, garden tools, consumer products, and everything in between, the Makita product line appeals to both professional and DIY markets.
Innovative, Best-in-Class Power Tools
Makita manufactures power tools that feature state-of-the-art technology and innovation. With over 100 years of experience in advanced motor design, the brand is capable of introducing the latest innovation and manufacturing the best-in-class tools in the world.
Makita power tools have less weight, more power, and they are more efficient and compact than any other.
In summary, Makita is a reputable and well-known name in the power tool industry. Their products are known to be of high quality, economical, and backed with a great warranty and customer support.
Every Makita power tool is proof that being made for life doesn’t have to mean being expensive. Makita is one of the world’s most famous Power Tool brands, and for good reason. In fact, it’s estimated that more than half of Makita cordless drills in the USA are still in use after 10 years. That’s right, 10 years!
All in all, Makita is a brand that does not need any introduction. It is a global leader when it comes to manufacturing power tools and advanced electric motors for a wide range of professional and DIY niches.
The brand aims to become the best supplier of power tools in the world, manufacturing products that make living much more enjoyable and comfortable.
You may also be interested in… Is Ryobi A Good Brand and Is Porter Cable A Good Brand For Air Compressors And Power Tools