What Is The Epiphone Brand Known For?
Epiphone has been one of the most respected electric guitar brands in the world since 1873 and is now part of the Gibson family. Known for iconic instruments like the Les Paul and SG, Epiphone also makes quality acoustic guitars for both beginners and pros.
Epiphone has been serving their clients for over 147 years and counting, and they are among the oldest and most revered instrument makers of history in which they make instruments in any style of popular music.
One common instrument that people play, along with drums, bass, and other instruments that we usually see in a band is the guitar. Learning guitar is pretty fun and easy, not until you start mastering it…
But have you ever wondered how to pick the best guitar that could fit your taste and style?
If search online, there are a lot of popular brands that you can see, like Gibson, Yamaha, Seagull, etc. but choosing the best one is hard. And speaking of the best brand for guitars, Epiphone is one of those.
Below I have provided some examples of some of the most popular Epiphone guitars with a focus on customer comments about how they feel about the product and if they consider the company to be a reliable and trustworthy brand…
Are Epiphone Electric Guitars Good?
All of the Epiphone electric guitars are highly regarded as demonstrated by the following Les Paul electric guitar with over 81% of the reviewers giving this guitar positive reviewers and for the price you will be hard-pressed finding anything better than the Epiphone Les Paul…
As for tone, have no fear. The Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar has the awesome sound that made the Les Paul legendary. Proprietary humbuckers deliver everything from warm jazz to blistering blues to crunchy rock. The tone control also features a push/pull coil-splitting function that allows you to go from humbucker to single-coil sounds with just the flick of a switch.
The other cool thing about the Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar is how easy it is to play. Slim taper neck profile feels great for rhythm playing or blazing leads.
Example of comments from Epiphone Guitar reviews:
WOW! This one was 200 bucks, and I was expecting the usual cheapo guitar problems, like cheese-grater frets and being in need of a decent setup. Instead, I unboxed a guitar that had been set up beautifully!
- For the money, you can’t go wrong. This is my second electric guitar, the first one being a Fender Stratocaster. And I find myself playing my Epiphone more often.
- I’ve played many electrics and I love the feel, look, and sound of this guitar.
- It’s a Les Paul copy from Epiphone. Les Paul means cool sound and looks, and Epiphone means good quality, so you get both in this guitar.
- Personally, I think it sounds as good as the original, and may actually be of equal quality, if not better.
- I really enjoy my Epiphone II… This guitar plays great, very easy to maneuver.
- The mahogany neck is a new experience for me and I’m loving the sound.
- This Gibson Epiphone has an accurate toner and vibrant pick-ups. All in all, this was a great purchase and a great musical investment.
- It plays amazingly and feels great in my hands.
- Smooth frets, no buzzing, straight and true neck, every fret was smooth, no obvious defects in body or finish, and when I played it, I couldn’t believe how it felt!
- Beginner guitar my azz! This plays feels, and sounds like a pro guitar, and for the price, that is absolutely astounding!
- The sound is the quality you would expect from an Epiphone.
- And it has that classic Les Paul sound.
- Good luck finding a beginner guitar this amazing for anywhere near this price.
- For the price, you really can’t get much better than Epiphone Les Paul.
- The Epiphone LP Special is a fine addition to my man cave.
- On certain songs, it produces marvelous tones that I’ve never heard before, and it plays great as both a practice and performance guitar. A great buy!
- If you are looking for a well-made Guitar without breaking the bank, this is the one for you.
- Epiphone has a long-standing reputation for building wonderful instruments, and this Les Paul is no exception.
- The quality of the components would typically be included on a far more expensive model, so it’s a real treat to find on an Epiphone at this price point.
Are Epiphone Acoustic Guitars Good?
The Epiphone Acoustic guitars are also very highly regarded as illustrated by the following guitar that has a very impressive 74% of customers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
It is a very good start for those looking to get into the dreadnought-style acoustic guitar. It features a solid top, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, and comes in a variety of finishes. The body is compact and comfortable to play with, and the neck is smooth.
The DR-100 also features die-cast tuners which provide stability when you’re tuning it up, resulting in a better tone overall when you actually start playing it. The die-cast tuners will keep the guitar in tune longer than traditional open-back tuners that can go out of tune quickly if they’re not well maintained or if they’re exposed to extreme changes in climate or humidity.
Example of comments from Epiphone Guitar reviews:
Overall, this is a fantastic inexpensive guitar, and it is perfect to learn on because of its low action that makes fretting easier.
- I brought the guitar to a couple of friends who play professionally, for their assessment and they all agreed – a very nice guitar for an excellent price.
- Love, Love this guitar! Sounds wonderful!
- It’s so nice looking that it’s staying in my living room for now. You won’t be disappointed!
- I don’t even know where to begin!!!! This is my third guitar and I must say it is much easier to play than my Ibanez and my Mitchell! It has a beautiful sound!!!
- Such a beautiful guitar! Feels great and plays great, amazing for the price!!
- I love my guitar! I’m a beginner and I’m teaching myself how to play.
- This guitar fits great in my hands and the strings aren’t too hard to hold down so not too much stress on my fingertips.
- If you’re looking for a beginner’s practice guitar I would suggest this guitar. The price isn’t going to break the bank and it has a good sound to it.
Epiphone Guitar Packs Are Very Good
The Epiphone Acoustic guitars are also very highly regarded as illustrated by the following guitar that has a very impressive 73% of customers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Epiphone Les Paul Player Pack is a great introduction to the legendary Les Paul electric guitar, which for over 60 years has been one of the most sought-after guitars in the world.
The Les Paul Special-II LTD features a mahogany body for plenty of depth in tone, while its set mahogany neck gives you great playability. The guitar itself feels comfortable right out of the box, allowing you to start playing straight away.
Example of comments from Epiphone Guitar reviews:
Holding this Epiphone Les Paul Special II was like holding a much more expensive instrument. Even the included strings had a decent sound. This player pack came with the guitar, a mini amp, a case, strap, tuner, some picks, a cable and more. Again, a great value for what you get. This is a great starter kit for the beginner who wants to learn.
- If you’ve ever wanted to play….the Epiphone Les Paul Special II is a fine honest instrument.
- Don’t cheap out with your first guitar, buy a quality brand, I have nothing but positive to say about the Epiphone for a starter, and am sure you will be happy with it.
- This is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Great quality and it has a lot for the money.
- The Epiphone Les Paul Special II player pack is a great deal for anyone wanting to play the electric guitar.
- I love the color of the guitar itself, the shipping was fast, and the sound is fantastic.
- This guitar pack meets and exceeds expectations. With no prior knowledge of how to play, I have been able to pick up on about 5 main riffs in a week. I would recommend this guitar pack for beginners over any other.
Is Epiphone a Good Brand?
Epiphone made their way to the top because of their “flat-top” model reason why Gibson bought Epiphone to merge their products and use the same materials and designs, but it was not a bad idea because…
Epiphone became one of the largest shares of the guitar market which made them famous along with the best guitar products that they sell.
Various musicians such as Les Paul and Hank Garland used Epiphone for years, and they can approve that Epiphone is the best brand to choose because it has:
- the best quality
- cheap; and
- unique features and colors that may consider your taste
Throughout the years, Epiphone also made their new technological breakthroughs that could be added to their new products and make your guitar better by using it.
They added pickups, parallel switching pickup systems, etc. One of the examples of that is the ProBucker pickup by Epiphone, and it is one of the industry’s popular pickups. ProBuckers has features that include:
- Nickel Silver unit bases and covers that are the same as Gibson
- Bobbins specifications and dimensions that have a great impact on tonal responses
- Elektrisola magnet wire that is a high quality manufactured for NEMA
- Pole screws and slugs like Gibson specifications, made from metal alloys
With these features, ProBucker became one of Epiphone’s sellers because it improves the quality of the tone and emulates rich and subtle tones, and lastly, it is reliable that you will love the way they sound.
Epiphone also had this Ceramic Plus humbuckers that have almost the same features as the ProBuckers, but instead, it has 8 Ceramic magnets, and it was designed to prove a tight low-end response with a smooth mid-range and a slightly more pronounced on the top end, perfect for metal and hard-driving rock.
And with this also, gives guitars tremendous power and subtlety. What Epiphone is prouder of is its cheap yet high-quality guitar products that are perfect for a beginner. These are the best guitars that Epiphone produced:
Les Paul SL Starter Pack
This kit is best for beginners who wanted to kick things right off the bat with a good quality model on which they can rely. This kit comes with everything you will need for a starter like a bag, picks, a battery-operated mini amp, and even an EON Mobile App for your online classes.
With its solid alder body, hard maple neck, and P-100 pickup, this guitar is an excellent way to get started on guitar. It’s easy to play, lightweight, and has the same classic looks as the Les Paul Standard.
The guitar features an adjustable bridge that allows you to set the action to your preference. Its gold hardware, including the die-cast tune-o-Matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece, give it a classic look that will stand the test of time.
The guitar also comes with two open-coil humbuckers which have strong output and are very responsive to picking attacks. This makes them perfect for any style of music from jazz to rock. Its body is shaped in a way that will make it comfortable for most people to play whether sitting or standing.
The guitar is very affordable for anyone who wants to get started playing guitar without spending too much money on their first instrument. And with the bundle, you receive an amplifier, gig bag, strap, picks, and other accessories all at once saving you some money as well as giving you everything you need right out of the box!
PPEG-EDEXAWCH1-15 Electric Guitar
The same as the first one, this is also a pack that comes with a MityPRO mini amp powered by a 9V battery and ultra-light string and an exclusive Shadow E-tuner on the bridge.
This guitar is also perfect for beginners, or if you wanted to switch to a bit more stylish than the classic one, the pack from Epiphone is the best for you.
The SG Junior is a short-scale version of the rock classic with a solid alder body and a hard maple neck with a smooth torrefied composite fretboard. This bass has a traditional design, complete with a mahogany center block, dual humbuckers, and vintage-style controls.
The humbucker-sized P-100 single-coil in the neck position makes it easy to hit those high notes while the P-90 single-coil pickup in the bridge position dishes out that vintage tone that’s great for chunky rhythm or soaring solos. This affordable guitar has all the right stuff. You’ll be proud to own an Epiphone SG Junior!
Where To Buy Epiphone Guitars?
You can see all of the Epiphone guitars currently available and purchase them online from their Amazon Store.
Alternatively, you can find a store near you from the Epiphone Store Locator page.
If you are a beginner in guitar and you wanted to pick the best one, but you are on a budget, Epiphone is the best for you.
Since it will last for years with proper maintenance and care, and it will give you perfect and good tones that you will surely love in just a price range that you can get.
You will not regret purchasing an Epiphone product, whether it is a guitar or for its tone. Epiphone is a compatible product for you.
You may also be interested in… Is Mendini A Good Brand? (Affordable For Beginner Musicians), Is Pyle A Good Brand? and Are Acoustic Audio Speakers Any Good?