"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
Discover why Coleman is the best heavy-duty cooler for the money. It is very tough, has great capacity, outperforms other coolers, keeps ice, drinks, and food cold for days at a time, is ideal for camping, parties, picnics, and BBQs. With the Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler, ice can last up to 4 days, making these coolers indispensable for camping, tailgating, or any other outdoor event.
The Coleman cooler also has an in-built bottle opener, a drain plug so you don’t have to tip the cooler up to drain the water (and have all the contents go everywhere), is the best beer cooler, has a latch on the lid to stop spillages and critters from getting your supplies!
Constructed of rugged polyethylene and steel with ribbed walls for added durability, this durable cooler has a 54-quart capacity and up to two drain holes to accommodate cans of your favorite drinks or mason jars filled with water.
This steel-belted cooler has a flip-up handle and extra-wide, nonmarking wheels for easy transport, providing superior mobility that makes it ideal for entertaining in the backyard.
Below we will look at why customers believe the Coleman Cooler is the best cooler you can buy and then look at 10 reasons why the Coleman is the best heavy-duty cooler for your money…
The Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler is designed for picnics, tailgating, fishing, and camping. This big cooler can hold up to 120 cans. It features steel-belted construction that keeps ice twice as long as average coolers. The lid is hinged for easier access to your food and drinks and includes a drain for easy emptying of melted water.
It’s the biggest and best-selling cooler of all time and for good reason. Coleman’s Big Cooler will keep your drinks and food cold for up to four days. The large 54-quart capacity holds ice longer than any of our competitors, and the leakproof seals keep your food from getting soggy.
The Big Cooler is also lighter than most other models out there, making it easier to transport in and out of the car…
Coleman Cooler | Steel-Belted Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 4 Days | 54-Quart Cooler for Camping, BBQs, Tailgating & Outdoor Activities
Here Is WhatconsumersHad To Say About The Coleman 54-Quart Cooler for Camping…
Dollar For Dollar… Pound For Pound… One Of The Best Camping Products On The Market!
Wonderful product, Coleman really has the market cornered with their line of coolers. This is hands down the vest value for the money, the plastic ones are nearly as much, not nearly as rugged, or attractive, or insulated.
- Best cooler ever made, I can remember having the green Coleman cooler growing up as a kid and it seemed like the cooler was with the family for a long time!
- This is probably the best cooler I have ever owned. We had borrowed one from a friend and were so impressed we decided to buy one for ourselves.
- The best cooler for the money.
- We’ve owned lots of coolers in our lifetime being an avid camper but this one by far is the best cooler we have ever had.
- This classic Coleman cooler is the best cooler ever. I recently took it on a road trip vacation, and this bad boy held almost all of its ice for over 7 days. Unreal!!
- Hands down this is the best cooler I have ever owned.
- The best cooler made. I have every brand there is and I prefer this one over them all.
- It’s been nice for the 3-day trips, holds ice, and looks good. This cooler is best for car camping.
- This is by far the best cooler on the market. It costs more, but you can’t do any better.
- Coleman is the best brand cooler ever made!
- It is the best steel-belted cooler on the market and my husband was VERY pleasantly surprised.
This Cooler Has Outlived And Outperformed A Dozen Or So Other Coolers!
The Coleman 54-quart steel-belted cooler has more than earned its reputation as a rugged, dependable cooler for keeping food and drinks cool at picnics, tailgating, camping, and other outdoor activities. The coldest place in a typical refrigerator is the door, but this Coleman cooler will maintain its temperature for up to four days without electricity or ice.
Coleman’s Steel Belted Cooler is BACK! This never-ending party classic is here to help you keep the good times rolling. And with its classic design and style, it will surely be a hit at all of your gatherings. What makes Coleman Steel Belted cooler unique is how well it is made and how long it lasts. It has outperformed other brands’ coolers, even when those other brands cost more.
This tough cooler has a patented lid seal for superior leak resistance and its double-layer base is super sturdy. This heavy-duty cooler features a braided handle, rust-resistant hinges, lid support, and feet that ensure stability, even when it’s full of ice and beverage cans…
Coleman Cooler er Comments:
Trust me, folks, I’ve beaten this thing up to heck and back on my camp trips and it has performed admirably. It can take a hit and keep on going.
- This cooler outperformed 4 other brands on a 5-day camping trip in hot weather!
- Love the vintage look & love its performance!
- Timeless classic that performs great and is built to last.
- We go on short and sometimes extended camping trips. Last year this cooler consistently outperformed our other plastic cooler.
- Just a great cooler, solid buy, I love its looks and it performs!
- Amazing durability, solid looks, and good performance.
- The quality and performance of this cooler was EXACTLY as I hope for
- And its performance was beyond our expectations!
- I have had the identical cooler in the stainless finish for 17 years and it is still performing as new.
It Definitely Keeps Food And Ice Cold Considerably Longer Than Any Other Cooler I Have Ever Used!
The Coleman Steel Belted Cooler is more than just a cooler. It’s a hardworking, utilitarian workhorse that keeps food and ice cold for days. Featuring rugged steel ribs and an injected-molded exterior, the Coleman Steel Belted Cooler is virtually indestructible.
This 54-quart Cooler keeps ice for up to 4 days without the need to add more (though you can if you want). The extra-thick insulation and double-wide body allow more space for food, drinks, and ice, while the trademarked Steel-Belted Cooler design makes it easy to transport. You can even strap it to a boat or cooler seat with the handy tie-down loops. The leak-proof drain tap makes it easy to empty out excess water.
The Coleman 54-quart rolling cooler is built for the outdoors. When you’re chilling drinks or keeping food cold, this cooler is tough enough to maintain ice-cold temperatures for up to 4 days…
Coleman Cooler er Comments:
This cooler spent 5300 miles strapped to the front of my pop up campers storage tray. Exposed to the southwests 100 plus degree days. It was 114 degrees in Zion that year. This cooler kept ice better exposed to the elements than coolers I had inside my van during the trip. I left Yellowstone and didn’t add ice untill camping in Zion. Two days of traveling.
- Two packs of block ice lasted for 7 days until it was completely gone. Drained the cooler once per day. A mix of being in the car and outside in temps from 50-70. Fantastic cooler.
- We put a SINGLE bag of ice and some cooling blocks in this beast for a 4-day camping adventure and it still had ice in it at the end!!
- Took this camping with temps in the upper 90s and “feels like” temps in the 100s and it held ice for several days!
- We left it outside for 4 days and used it, opening and closing the entire time. It still had ice and was still cold.
- I started the weekend camping trip on Friday morning getting home Monday morning and the cooler is still almost half full of ice. That’s incredible.
- It kept our ice from melting for almost three days in 100+ degree heat during a recent trip – that was impressive.
- The first time camping with it, it held ice for around three days, with being opened about 20+ times a day.
- Held ice for nearly 2 days at a time while strapped to a trailer exposed to the sun and heat on a cross-country summer trip.
- After 4 days the original ice I put in it was still there when I came home. Yes, a lot of it was melted, but a lot of ice still remained, and all the rest of my food and drinks were still cold.
- I bought this and took it camping over a five-day weekend in Florida, in July. It still had plenty of ice left in it when I got home!
- Was not disappointed…… filled with 5 ice packs, food, and cube ice …… 48 hours later the food was colder than when I first put it in and 75% of the ice was still frozen.
Great For Camping, Picnics, Or Events!
The Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler is a dependable and eco-friendly cooler for family outings, tailgating, camping, or just extra food storage at home. The 3.1-gallon leakproof channel barrel allows you to fill it with ice and keep it cold for up to 4 days. Its high-performance insulation helps maximize the life of ice and prevents ice from becoming too diluted.
With a 54-quart size that holds up to 120 cans, this portable cooler is perfect for family camping trips, parties, tailgating, and other outdoor activities. This rugged, see-through cooler is perfect for weekend trips, camping, road trips, BBQs, or tailgating. It’s even great for storing drinks in an office fridge. Pack all the essentials you need to enjoy yourself and relax with your friends or family!
Whether you’re loading up the cooler for a weekend camping trip or just heading out to a local creek to fish, this bigger, sturdier steel-belted cooler will prepare you for whatever happens…
Coleman Cooler er Comments:
These days, we’re mostly car camping to get our toddler acclimated to the outdoor and sleeping in a tent. And this is a perfect car camping cooler. It holds what we need and keeps everything cool – while also doubling as a nice prep area for mealtime.
- We still use the 1st one but it’s on my husband’s work truck and this one we got for camping and nice events.
- It will keep ice in its original form for days if you don’t bother it. When camping we keep it in the shade under the camper awning and it will keep our drinks cold for days.
- We just took it camping for 4 days and never had to replenish ice, even though we were in about 95-105 degree heat, with VERY little shade. We were camping with about 15 other people and everyone else kept having to run back into town in order to keep their food cold!
- A retro-style cooler that’s great for camping.
- We use it for camping trips. It’s been great, hold the items cold and ice does not melt for a long time.
- Bought this for Jeep camping and for the price, there is nothing more durable and capable on the market.
- Like all other Coleman products I use regularly, this one meets all expectations for camping and fishing. The ice lasts for days.
- This cooler is best for car camping.
- Super cool cooler. I get compliments on it every time I camp. And can hold ice decent.
- I just got back from a week-long camping trip. Used this cooler for meat, worked great. Froze a milk jug of water after seven days in cooler it was still partially frozen.
- Invest in quality & you will be rewarded with ice-cold drinks/food! Bought this to store food in for camping.
- Opened it at least a dozen times in 12 hours & the next morning meats were still frozen & ice intact, hardly melted.
Fabulously Retro Cooler And Yet, Amazingly Tough!
This supremely roomy 54-Quart / 1.6 Gallon Cooler is BIG enough for family gatherings and large groups. Outside features a retro design on the “Belly,” as well as molded tray handles. Two generous side pockets hold your things while you’re out and about having fun. A stainless steel hinge pin ensures longevity and easy opening, no matter how much ice or water you happen to have in there with your stuff!
The Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler with Removable Liner is the ultimate cooler for today’s active lifestyle. Ridiculously retro good looks combined with an insulating layer of air keeps ice up to 4 days in 90 degree temperatures. This sturdy, leak-proof cooler has a steel-reinforced bottom for durability and is designed to last.
The Coleman 54-quart cooler has a steel-belted body — the kind you’ll remember from the 1950s, but with a new streamlined look that fits in anywhere…
Coleman Cooler er Comments:
If you want a sturdy cooler built with premium components that keeps your food and drink cold for more than a couple of days, this vintage-styled Coleman is worth checking out.
- This is one tough cooler. I can sit on it without the fear of the lid bending.
- However, it is built like a tank with tough metal components and a hard shell, and it does keep things iced for at least 3 days (dependent on usage).
- It is tough enough to handle use and abuse during road trips and is a welcome addition to my hurricane season preparedness equipment.
- These Coleman coolers are tough and last. Keeps my camping food colder longer and I like the nostalgic look of them.
- The Coleman steel cooler is an excellent choice if you want a tough reliable cooler.
- It’s is lightweight, durable, and very roomy. Such a great purchase.
- Very durable. Took it on a backcountry road trip over tough terrain.
- Amazing durability, solid looks, and good performance.
- Everything about this cooler is quality. Old school and functional! Durable for the outdoorsman!
- This particular cooler is in the Coleman durable tradition.
- Takes a beating and is built to last, seems just as solid as my dad’s old one from the 1970’s that he still uses today.
- I would definitely recommend this to you if you want a cooler that can take a bit of a beating, not like one of those plastic or Styrofoam-type coolers that you’ll just have to replace eventually anyway.
The Coleman Is A Great Beer Cooler!
Whether you’re heading to a party, a tailgate, or just an afternoon at the beach, this steel-belted cooler holds up to 54 cans and keeps ice for up to four days. With handles that shift so they’re right for left- or right-handers, and a leak-resistant drain on the wide mouth, it’s easy to use.
I deemed the 54 quart to be of substantial size based on the “85 can capacity” that is listed in the description. I love that Coleman knows their customers and knows we will want to know how many beer…I mean soda cans, that the cooler can fit.
- Great! Fits a lot of food/beer (think +48pack beer + a full compliment of hotdogs for 12 people and condiments) + ice
- It got the job done, and my beer also stayed ice-cold until the 4th day.
- Room to spare after storing food and beer needs for a family of four for three days. Everything was still really cold at the end.
- A little piece of nostalgia sitting on my front porch, a la Walt Kowalski. Holds plenty of beer, keeps it cold using one half-block of ice which lasts 4 days in the Oregon high desert this time of year.
- Did a good job of keeping 1 1/2 cases of bottled beer cold during Labor Day weekend.
- This here keeps my silver bullets cold as the Rockys for days on end. An outdoor beer enthusiast’s best friend.
- It fits nicely in the back of my Ford Escape and has more than enough storage space for meats, cheese, bread, yogurt, fruit, beer, and ice. I can stock it with enough food for a 3-5 day trip easily.
- We used it as our beer cooler and it did great. Kept everything very cold, there was always lots of ice in it every time we checked it, and it fits a ton of beer.
It Keeps All Of Your Food Cold For Days!
Keeps all of your food colds for days The Coleman 54-quart steel-belted cooler keeps ice up to 4 days or all your food and drinks chilled for a weekend away. You won’t need to drain the water out with the molded plug and pour spout, so you can quickly add more ice once you’re on the go. Keep your food and drinks cool for days on those extra-long camping trips or when you’re away from home.
Sturdy enough keep in the middle of the van for extra shelf or sitting space while eating and big enough to hold multiple days worth of food for the family trip.
- I am confident even until the 5th day, there would have been enough ice to keep food fresh and cold (especially as the food stash dwindles down over the days).
- Kept the food really cold on my 8 days of camping.
- I’m a full-time Vanning traveling the western US and keeping my food cold for a few days is totally necessary.
- It stood up to my son jumping on it, kept the food cold just as long, great product!
- I would highly recommend this cooler to anyone looking for something that will actually keep their food and drinks cold for days.
- Deep enough if you are like me to put containers that hold fresh foods without contaminating with melting water.
- This cooler with ice added every other day kept food really cold on a 6-day drive. Really well insulated and solid.
- We love this cooler. Ice stays frozen longer and food stays cooler longer. We take it on long trips. You can put so much into it.
- After borrowing one of these last summers for a camping trip, we were astonished at how many days it kept our food chilled compared to our regular cooler.
- Space inside easily holds wine and soda bottles and many layers of Tupperware. All food remained at a great temperature.
A Cooler With A Latch To Secure The Lid!
The unique lid design features a latch to secure the top! If you like to take things with you from the house when you go camping, don’t worry about those pesky animals tipping your esky over and getting at your food. This cooler has features that will ensure that your picnic doesn’t get ruined by fluffy friends.
This Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler keeps ice for days, so you can pack more inside it. The durable steel exterior won’t dent, crack, or rust. A handy latch to secure the lid makes sure everything stays put and also gives you an extra seat when you need one.
It has secure latches that will keep everything inside safe from animals and accidental openings. This is a great cooler for camping and any other outdoor activities, as well as for everyday use in the garage or patio…
I like the way the lid latches, it holds firmly and I do not worry about it spilling open in a car, or having small critters get into it at night while camping.
- Hinges are metal and it has a latch installed on the lid to assure it closes well and not comes open while in the back of a truck or a boat.
- Bonus point for the locking latch. You’ll appreciate that when you drop the cooler and it rolls off the trail and down the hill but all of your chow stays locked inside.
- The metal latch is a major plus, as this cooler will do most of its duty for me riding in the back of a side-by-side.
- Love that there is a lock/latch on it. Keeps animals out while camping.
- First-rate construction, a latch that actually secures the lid and it really keeps things cold!
- The best thing is the latch. The new coolers without a latch are so difficult to open. This is the perfect solution.
- Handles are very strong. I like the latch too just the ones we had on my family camping trips a long time ago!
- Brings back old memories, is good quality, has metal hinges and latch.
- Also, love the latching lid, makes it much easier to keep the ice from melting.
This Cooler Has A Drain At The Bottom – Empty Water Easily Without Tilting The Cooler!
The sturdy steel-belted body offers extra capacity, while an exclusive channel drain design makes it easy to drain ice and water without tilting the Cooler.
The Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler keeps ice up to 4 days longer than a standard cooler. Its unique innovated insulation in its walls, lid, and liner holds the cold in and the heat out. It features a dry storage compartment, a removable liner for easier cleaning, and has a front-mounted drain plug so you don’t have to tip the whole cooler when emptying water. The Steel-Belted Cooler has wheels making it easy to transport to your event or party!
The drain at the bottom allows you to empty water without tilting the cooler, helping maintain consistent temperatures…
The spout at the bottom is amazing for draining it. No need to tip it over to drain.
- This cooler also comes with a drain at the bottom, which is great when you want to empty out the water without having to tip over all the stuff you have inside.
- A channel inside that allows water to drain without tilting.
- Very easy clean-up, thanks to a drain on the bottom.
- There’s even a recessed channel in the bottom to allow the water to drain out without needing to tilt the cooler.
- Love the drain has a bit of a gully in the bottom of the cooler to help direct the water out.
- The container itself easily drains and wipes out.
- I like that you can drain the cooler without tilting one end.
- The handles and latch all seem very sturdy and it has a drain plug, which is nice.
- I love the steel on the outside, convenient drain plug, and matches all your Coleman things.
- Thick insulation and convenient plug for water to drain.
Great Gift Idea For Weddings, Christmas, Birthdays, Fathers Day, Housewarmings, Graduations, Or Any Outdoorsy Person!
This is the second cooler that I have given as a shower gift to new couples. The first one was given several years ago, and every time those two hold a party, I see this cooler put to good use. And it still looks brand new. The size is perfect. It holds so much stuff, and it looks attractive, no matter where you set it up.
- A gift to bring a smile to my wife. She keeps it in the back of her station wagon.
- I received this as a Father’s Day gift and couldn’t be happier!
- Bought a few as gifts. Great pricing
- A high school graduation gift for my son for his 5-day road trip up the California coast.
- I got this as a gift for my boyfriend before a backyard bbq party and loved it.
- Bought it for my husband got our tenth anniversary (tin gift).
- This was a gift for my hubby. I had to hide it for a month! It was SO hard but so worth it to see the SMILE on his face! He says he is gonna keep it till he dies!
- Oh my goodness this was a good gift, got lots of praise over this one!
- I ordered one as a wedding gift and one for me! It’s a throwback to the Coleman cooler my parents have had since the 1960s. They still use it!
- Got this as a gift for my sister and her husband.
- It was a gift for a newlywed outdoorsy couple. They loved it.
- My son LOVED his Birthday gift.
- I decided to buy it for my parents as a gift. It has lasted over 14 years and still works fantastic!
- Son-in-law loved it, was his Christmas gift.
- I wanted a gift that would last the lifetime of a marriage. It will be there for parties and campouts, always making memories of the years.
- We just gave it to a young couple for a wedding gift, I know they will enjoy using it also!
In summary, the Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler for Camping, BBQs, Tailgating & Outdoor Activities is built to last and you don’t have to handle it with kid gloves. It performs better than most other coolers in all areas such as keeping your food and drinks cold for long periods of time and has great capacity.
The latch on the lid is perfect for the traveler. No more worrying about spillages if it rolls over or if you drop it and because the lid locks no curious critters can break into it at night either. The Coleman cooler has a beautiful retro look and is the best heavy-duty cooler for the money!
You may also be interested in reading… Is Coleman A Good Brand? and Is Xtratuf A Good Brand? (Extra Tough Fishing Boots & Deck Shoes)