There’s nothing like homemade ice cream — it’ll make you cry tears of joy! But you know what will also make you cry tears of (maybe happiness) joy even more? Homemade ice cream that’s ready in minutes, rather than hours…
That’s where Hamilton Beach’s automatic ice cream maker comes into the picture. This is not your grandma’s hand-crank machine, either. The 68330N makes ice cream, frozen yogurt, custard, sorbet, gelato, and sherbet all in one 4-quart capacity machine.
It is very easy to use and it even shuts off automatically when the ice cream is done taking all of the guesswork out of making ice cream – it couldn’t be easier!
The Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker comes with 20 recipes so you can start making delicious ice cream almost as soon as it arrives…
7 Reasons Why Customers Prefer The Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker!
Here Is What Reviewers Had To Say About The Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker…
I Bought This Product Because Of The Price And The Size… It’s The Biggest One For The Money And Hamilton Beach Is A Trusted Brand!
The Hamilton Beach is just the right size, is simple to use and makes great ice cream! My kids and husband love it, too!
- Glad it’s the 4-quart size! Stores well in the freezer.
- Works better than those stupid things you put in the freezer. Also makes a good size batch.
- Great size, makes a lot of ice cream.
- The machine itself works GREAT! It is a 4 qt size, and I believe most recipes are for smaller size machines, but it doesn’t matter.
- It still makes more than enough ice cream for a family or even a decent-sized party, needing only ice, salt, and electricity.
- Our batch made enough ice cream for four people plus two medium-sized bowls of leftover ice cream to put in the freezer for another night.
- I like making my own ice cream and the size is enough for me and my family.
- This unit has a larger capacity than the more expensive models and for me that’s great.
- I can make large or small batches just fine.
- It has a gallon capacity so unlike most of the machines, you can have friends over and still have plenty to go around.
- I love the size capacity since we often bring ice cream to potlucks and picnics. And honestly, if you’re going to go to the trouble, why not make a big batch?
- Double the capacity of most other ice cream makers that don’t require ice and salt.
- I like the large capacity so that I can add a lot of good chunky stuff (heath bars, Oreos, almonds, etc.)
We Love That You Can Plug It In And Just Let It Go As It Will Turn Off Automatically When It Is Done!
This ice cream maker is great! Works just as described, and stops automatically when ice cream is ready. I tend to make smaller batches, and it only takes between 30-40 minutes before it’s ready. Great if you’re looking for a quick fix!
- The motor is powerful enough to freeze the ice cream to a firm soft-serve consistency and stops automatically when it reaches that point… a couple of hours in the freezer to finish. I doubt that the very expensive ones could do any better.
- It stops automatically and produces exactly what I want.
- Turns off automatically when about soft-serve consistency and can make enough to serve a large family.
- It churned automatically for about 45 minutes and shut down just like it is supposed to when it was ready. There is no guessing. Clean-up was quick and easy.
- This ice cream freezer performed extremely well and the “automatic” shutoff when the content was frozen is a great feature.
- The Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Automatic Ice-Cream Maker allows you to create that same wonderful, really creamy ice-cream of long ago!
- Works great. I love the automatic shut-off when the ice-cream is ready. You don’t have to stop and check the ice-cream and restart if not finished.
- Made ice cream with my granddaughters and they were thrilled. We did strawberry and the ice cream maker did a great job. Turned off automatically when the ice cream was done.
- It has an automatic shut off so if you want rock hard ice cream you will need to put in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- But with this automatic ice cream maker, you will just segregate the ingredients, put some water, turn on the device, and watch as you make ice cream in front of you.
This Is Awesome! You’ll Wonder How You Ate That Scrappy Commercial Ice Cream All These Years!
I should mention we eat ketogenic (no sugar or grains) and made some excellent sugar free low carb ice cream that tastes better than even the sugary chemical filled junk from the store. Even better, none of our guests had a clue that they were eating healthy ice cream.
- You can obviously buy more expensive ice cream makers, but for those of us who do have budgets, this one fits the bill nicely, and the ice cream tastes just as good!
- I am amazed at how good this simple recipe tasted and how easy it was to use this ice cream maker
- My kids love helping make ice cream and it tastes great.
- I have only played with a couple of vanilla recipes, but with vanilla ice cream that tastes so great by itself, I’ve found no real reason to add any other flavorings… HA!
- We decided to give this one a shot. It works very well, making some good tasting ice cream.
- You will be amazed at the taste of homemade ice cream compared to what you can get in the store.
- The ice cream was thick but not hard like you had just taken store-bought out of the freezer. It tasted great and I ate a large bowl full.
- My husband has been making ice-cream for years in this machine, and it is appreciated by all who taste his ice cream.
- Followed the included directions and made a batch of vanilla ice cream. The best I’ve ever tasted. And I’ve tasted a lot… I’m a 62-year-old guy.
- The ice cream tastes great, my wife and daughters love it.
- We loved the taste of homemade ice cream. The recipe book is good for different delicious flavors.
- Works like a charm and has produced some of the best ice creams I’ve ever tasted!!!
I Can Control The Ingredients And Make Low Fat Ice Cream Or Frozen Yogurt… Delicious!
It’s been years since I made ice cream so I followed a recipe in the book that came with the machine for chocolate-mint frozen yogurt. OMG it is excellent! I could hardly believe the wonderful taste that brought back those sweet memories
- I’m addicted to making frozen yogurt now.
- We use it all year round for ice cream, frozen flavored ice, and frozen yogurt!
- I started out making the old fashioned vanilla ice cream recipe included. It was delicious! I have had great success with frozen yogurt and sherbet as well.
- It also makes excellent frozen yogurt. If you freeze soda with it, you get Slurpee/Slushy/Ice.
- If you freeze cake batter you get a very gourmet ice-cream that I do not approve of, but many people seem to think it is luxurious.
- I made tart frozen yogurt with just a tub of plain yogurt, lemon juice, stevia, and a little bit of sugar.
- Just made the frozen yogurt recipe that comes with the machine, it was a big hit with my family
- I love this machine. Ice cream is my favorite dessert and this makes the best ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt.
- I can make a full gallon of ice cream if I want, which is awesome for get-togethers, big family dinners, and significant others who love homemade sundaes or frozen yogurt after dinner every night.
I Made The Frozen Custard From The Booklet That Comes With It, And OH MY WORD!!! It Was AMAZING!
Why I never bought this years ago, I’ll never know. I’ve used it twice so far. Just had some coffee frozen custard and last weekend I made key lime sorbet. Both were to absolutely die for.
- I made the custard recipe that came with the unit… and we had out of this world, homemade frozen custard.
- We made raspberry frozen custard for our first batch in the ice cream maker.
- The custard was soft and creamy when done.
- I’ve made both vanilla recipes in the book and both were good with the custard-style being the best and of course, the most calories!
- It was better than the frozen custard I grew up with.
- I have made the old fashioned vanilla ice cream (from a custard) and it was so yummy!
- Champagne-Pomegranate Sorbet was YUMMMMM.
- Made an almond milk ice cream/sorbet with chocolate and hazelnut puree which was divine.
- We love to make fun flavors and more of all sherbets and sorbets out of natural fruit juices (Mango puree sorbet is delightful!). This is really a party favorite that can serve many for friends or family.
We Needed A Big Tub And This Is About The Biggest You Can Buy For The Money… It Makes Some Great Ice Cream!
It’s now late July and I’ve used this mixer one or two times a week since we bought it in March, which means we’ve done about 30 batches (lots of kids and friends and such). Still on the same 8 dollar bag of rock salt. Have made a dozen or so of the recipes that came with the book. Love it, recommend it even more than I did a few months ago.
- I never met a kid who didn’t go nuts over the chance to make ice-cream. It’s a good rainy-day activity.
- It is easy to use, my older kids enjoy making homemade ice cream with healthier ingredients!!!
- Passed both kid’s reviews and adults. Made great ice cream
- I am from a very rural area and making homemade ice cream was a fun family event. Now that I live in a more urban area and have kids of my own, I wanted to share that with them.
- Easy to use and fun for kids.
- I used it to make ice cream in my classroom on the last day of school. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish, the ice cream was great and the kids were impressed.
- We have gotten soo much use out of this! The kids love coming up with fun ice cream additions, and it’s super easy with this machine.
- My kids love making ice cream with it.
- A good machine arrived on time, my kids enjoyed making and eating the ice cream!
- My kids love being able to make their own ice cream. This ice cream maker is easy to use and comes with recipes for different kinds to make.
In summary, the Hamilton Beach Ice-45 Mix It In Soft Serve 1.5 Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream Maker is the perfect kitchen appliance for anyone who loves ice cream, frozen yogurt, or just enjoys eating desserts that are cold and creamy and come in every different flavor imaginable.
The Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker is an excellent ice cream maker, especially for the price. It is a big hit with kids and adults alike.
This machine makes it easy to enjoy creating your own at home by making everything so simple that all you have to do is add the ingredients.
I also recommend reading our article… Discover Why Hamilton Beach Is A Good Brand For Appliances
Here Is A Quick Recap Of The Benefits Customers Mentioned About The Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker!
- The Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker is big enough for your family, functions, and even for the neighborhood kids.
- It is very easy to use an ice cream maker and automatically shuts off when your ice cream is ready – no guesswork involved!
- Homemade ice cream tastes way better than store purchased ice cream.
- You are in full control of the ingredients, make your ice cream as healthy or as decadent as you want.
- More than an ice cream maker you can also make great tasting frozen yogurt.
- Custard, sorbets, and sherbets can also be made with the Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker.
- Kids love this ice cream maker and they have fun making their own.
You may also be interested in the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker