What Is The Gearwrench Brand Known For?
Whether you’re working on an engine, a bicycle, or a car, Gearwrench is a good brand because they focus on a single thing: how to make tools that work better.
GEARWRENCH products are designed for and by technicians, making them the best tools available for automotive, industrial, and small engine service work.
Gearwrench is a brand of tools manufactured by the Simonton Corp., based in Appleton, WI and is probably best thought of as a “value line” alternative to some of the more expensive brands available. That is not to say that Gearwrench tools are inferior however; for the most part they are solid products at good prices.
Gearwrench is made by the Apex Tool Group who has reinvented this premier hand tool brand into the most innovative design lineup in the hand tool industry. Apex is proud to offer GearWrench products.
Gearwrench is a brand of tools that you’ll definitely want to have in your toolbox. With a variety of products, ranging from auto repair hand tools to sockets and accessories, you’re sure to find what you need for any project.
Let’s look at some of the best-selling Gearwrench products and see what customers think about the brand and its products…
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Mechanic Sets
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 87% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
GearWrench’s newest mechanics tools—now together in their largest, most comprehensive storage box EVER. This 243-pc. set includes 60 different ratchets and extensions; 36, 12 point combination wrenches; 12-, 14-, and 15-mm sockets; and more in a convenient 3-drawer hard case.
Gathering the best of our unique tools, GEARWRENCH’s new Mechanics Tool Sets bring them together for the first time in convenient storage boxes. These strong steel tool sets are packed with high–quality features such as magnetic bit holders and large printed size markings on the ends of each tool.
This Master Mechanics Tool Set in a 3-drawer storage chest is the ultimate toolbox for your garage or workshop…
- The entire set includes multiple extensions, flex handles, combination wrenches, and ratchets making it the perfect choice for automotive technicians or anyone doing work around the house.
- It’s designed to last with a solid metal case, steel ball-bearing slides, and ergonomic handles.
- Drawers have customized arrange-anything layout.
- From boxed end wrenches and a screwdriver to ratchets, sockets, and specialty tools, this 243 piece mechanics toolset includes the most commonly needed tools for the job.
- The folding storage box makes it easy to take on the road and keep extra tools out of sight.
- The perfect toolset for frequent repairs on cars, trucks, boats, and SUVs.
- The set comes in a large 3 drawer storage box and is perfect for the mechanic in your life!
- The GEARWRENCH 243pc. 12pt. Mechanics Tool Set is designed with mechanics in mind, the pieces in this set are perfect for automotive work and detailing projects.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Ratcheting Wrenches
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
Gearwrench’s most popular ratcheting combination wrench set is now even better, with stronger, forged heads and a new cold-forged process that gives you up to 20% more strength than our previous material.
GearWrench 12 Point 9416 Ratcheting Combination Wrench Set is designed for standard nut sizes. This GearWrench wrench set features comfortable, ergonomic polypropylene handles for fatigue-free use. The ratcheting mechanism allows for fast and accurate tightening to a fixed angle, or reversible operation to remove bolts.
With GearWrench’s patented TuThroat on both wrenches, you’ll get greater access for hard-to-reach bolts. The GearWrench combination wrench set will save you time and money on the job…
- Gearwrench ratcheting combination wrenches are crafted for industrial strength and designed for use in precision applications.
- Each wrench is built with a body style that provides optimal leverage while providing consistency and reliability that meets the highest standards of professionals.
- GEARWRENCH Combination Wrenches have all of the features you need to get your job done.
- Capable of sustaining up to 360 degree turns without loss of accuracy, these “Fully Polished” combination wrenches feature a mirror finish surface and are laser etched with the size identification for easy readability.
- The ratcheting box end provides quick grip, hard-to-reach bolts.
- In addition to the ratcheting box end, this GearWrench wrench has a flex-head design that works on fasteners in tight places.
- GearWrench’s Ratcheting Combination Wrenches are among the finest, and most trusted, tools in the world.
- Their ratcheting wrenches are engineered to respond fast, with unrestricted power transfer.
- They are designed to be durable, with a long product life.
- They are built for comfort, and they fit securely in your hand.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Non-Ratcheting Wrenches
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 87% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
This 44 pc. Long Pattern 12 pt. combination wrench set from GEARWRENCH features a case design that helps keep your tools organized, and is bulkier for better grip and control. Plus, the nonmarring handles will not scratch sensitive fasteners or steel surfaces.
This GearWrench Combination Wrench set provides you with 12-point opening access for modern fasteners. Featuring a long pattern and chrome vanadium construction, this set contains 44 different wrenches for an extensive variety of jobs. In addition to its high-quality construction, this GearWrench product has an ergonomic design that provides comfort and reduced user fatigue.
This powerful combination combines the best qualities of both hand tools and power tools into one sturdy unit that you can access easily in your own workshop or garage…
- This new combination wrench set offers both Standard (SAE) and metric fasteners, making it especially useful around the home or automobile repair shop.
- This 44 piece set combines GearWrench’s 12-point box end design with a micro-polished finish for long life, exceptional durability, and maximum corrosion resistance.
- The included index makes using the wrenches easier and safer as well.
- The wrenches are made of fully polished alloy steel for strength and roundness and are calibrated with close fit tolerance for accuracy and durability.
- This set includes both Metric and Standard sizes for convenience and includes a wrench organizer to keep it all neat.
- The wrench set is designed to give technicians, DIYers, and homeowners the versatility they need when working around the house or in a shop.
Gearwrench New 90T Ratchets
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 86% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
GearWrench’s Locking Flex-Head ratcheting wrenches provide the same quality and performance, but with a convenient locking mechanism for sizes 3/8″ and 1/2″, giving the user a more versatile tool.
GearWrench 81230T 90 tooth Flex-Head Ratchet Set. GearWrench combines the highest quality materials and precision engineering to produce tools that can be trusted for years of use in any variety of applications.
This set includes a 90 tooth flex head, 81230T (1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″); open end 91035T (3/8″, 1/2″); 12 point offset 92055T (1/4″, 3/8″); and combination wrench 10320TXR (3/8″, 1/2″)…
- Gearwrench Full Polish chrome ratchets feature forged hollow ratchet heads that are stronger and deliver a longer service life.
- Each ratchet head is chrome plated to resist rust for added protection.
- The 90 tooth flex head design allows access to even the tightest spots.
- All GearWrench ratchets are SAE & metric compatible allowing you to choose the size you need giving you peace of mind knowing your tools go where you do.
- A full polish chrome finish and aerodynamic design help you get your job done faster.
- A true craftsman is only as good as his tools.
- This 4pc flex head ratchet set is constructed of durable, high-quality materials, and features a full polish chrome finish.
- GEARWRENCH is proud to equip craftsmen all around the world – from professionals in industrial jobs to students working on their first project.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Socket Sets
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 83% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
GearWrench brand 84 pieces 1/4 in. 3/8 in. 1/2 in Drive Bit Socket Set offers sockets and quick release sets in a zinc-plated steel case, each socket machined from drop forged steel to a fine finish using GearWrench’s proprietary heat treatment process for added performance and durability.
GEARWRENCH 84-piece 1/4″, 3/8″ & 1/2″ Drive Bit Socket Set is packed with all the tools you’ll need for a wide range of jobs. The professional grade sockets and ratchets are chrome vanadium steel for strength and durability, and each one features laser etched markings for easy identification.
Gearwrench 84-Piece 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 Inch Drive Socket Set provides you with a set of standardized tools that are an essential part of any garage or toolbox…
- This industrial grade tough toolset is made from durable steel and coated in a rust-resistant finish for increased protection against the elements.
- The tools in this socket set combine to provide you with everyday shop applications and offer easy-to-read laser imprinted sizes on every tool for quick identification.
- The ratcheting socket set provides a durable solution for anyone needing a complete assortment of sockets. Full polish technology means strength, durability, and smooth operation.
- This set is ideal for projects around the home or workplace.
- GearWrench 84 Piece 1/4″ Drive Socket Set is ideal for the professional or DIY mechanic.
- So many uses in and around the house, auto repair shop, garage, machine shop as well as for boat motor maintenance and overhaul.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Extraction Sockets
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 82% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The GearWrench 8 pc. 1/4″ & 3/8″ Drive Bolt Biter Impact Extraction Socket Set (84782) is a high-quality, durable socket set that will far surpass your expectations. You’ll have the confidence of knowing that the gears you’re working with are reliable and safe, thanks to the steel reinforcement and cushion grip handle.
Gearwrench’s 8 Pc. 1/4″ & 3/8″ Drive Bolt Biter Impact Extraction Socket Set gives you the power to remove and install a variety of fasteners in tight spaces, thanks to eight chrome vanadium sockets with ratcheting action.
This set comes with everything you need for your next job or project, no matter how big or small it may be…
- Gearwrench 8 pc. 1/4″ & 3/8″ Drive Bolt Biter Impact Extraction Socket Set is designed for hardcore torquing applications that need a little more torque than conventional sockets can deliver.
- Impact mechanics will appreciate the added value to their trade while working with car enthusiasts on their hot rod project.
- With double-ended sockets, the GearWrench reach range gets a step closer.
- The heads are chrome vanadium steel for durability and resistance to corrosion.
- The sockets have a blue anti-corrosive finish and the ratchet has a comfortable grip.
- Each piece is laser etched with its size for easy identification.
- GearWrench’s 1/4″ and 3/8″ Drive Bolt Biter Socket Set, with its comfortable, easy-on, easy-off, yellow plastic collar of the bolt biter feature offers three times more contact area and 25 times more torquing power than standard extensions.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Impact Socket Sets
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 88% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Whether you’re tightening a tappet or changing the oil on your car, the Gearwrench 209 piece ¼inch, 3/8inch, and ½ inch drive master impact socket set provides a tremendous amount of torque in a simple design.
Each socket is made from forged and heat-treated steel for strength and durability with polished chrome vanadium for long-lasting use.
The sockets in this set are manufactured from chrome vanadium steel so it can withstand the constant torque. They come with special flanges to prevent the sockets from dropping into those tight spaces while giving you universal joints with 12 points of flexibility for those hard to reach bolts.
The reinforcing ribs inside each socket shape allow it to hold fasteners firmly while still being easy to remove at just the right spot. The lifetime warranty against defects extends peace of mind that you can enjoy this socket set for years to come…
- Gearwrench’s master socket sets are designed using our unique Master System with individually laser-cut precision-sized sockets that provide superior fit and maximum durability.
- The GearWrench Master Socket set is perfect for your home garage, at the job site, or on the road.
- These sets are designed to be an indispensable tool in any technician’s toolbox.
- Full polish on all contact points – Polished chrome vanadium steel is stronger and tougher than standard steel – Made with high visibility markings for easy size identification – Never get caught with the wrong tool again.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Torque Wrenches
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 81% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
When you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, the last thing you want to do is waste a lot of valuable time getting a part to the right location. The Gearwrench 3/8″ Drive Electronic Torque Wrench has the smart electronics to save you time and hassle by providing precise accurate torque readings when you need them.
The GearWrench Electronic Torque Wrench delivers improved torque accuracy with a digital display and audible tones from 0-500 ft-lbs. This sturdy, high-strength construction is more than twice as strong as standard impact wrenches, while allowing fast, easy switching between standard/metric settings. The spring-loaded collar quickly sets the optimal torque value as you turn the dial, which makes repetitive or delayed settings quick and easy.
The GearWrench 10-135 Electronic Torque Wrench is a 3/8 In drive tool that uses an electronic sensor to calculate the exact amount of torque being applied. This allows for perfect torque delivery every time, and it also provides the user with added safety and accuracy…
- Achieve faster, more responsive power with the GEARWRENCH 10-135 Nm 3/8″ electronic torque wrench.
- This easy-to-use wrench features “feel free” technology that allows for unlimited 360° revolutions on fasteners, and a 4-line digital readout with 4 touchpoints for precise measurement.
- It also features preset torque values that allow you to get back to work fast!
- The GearWrench Electronic Torque Wrench accurately and consistently delivers torque settings for the most common fasteners.
- The 5-digit LED display shows torque settings in foot-pounds, Newton-meters, or kilogram-force centimeters.
- Variable speed and direction control so you can easily work on automotive, motorcycles, lawn equipment, or industrial tools.
- The Gearwrench Electronic Torque Wrench is the latest in Digital Torque Tools.
- The wrench also features an auto-stop feature that will not allow you to over-tighten and provides added security while tightening bolts/nuts on equipment.
- The GEARWRENCH Electronic Torque Wrench is digital, designed to be easy to use and set, and helps give you confidence that your fastener will be properly secured.
- It’s easier and safer to use than a standard torque wrench because it alerts you when you’re approaching your desired torque target so there’s no over-tightening.
- Plus, the large, digital LCD screen shows values in real-time, so there’s no need for guesswork.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Pry Bars
The following Gearwrench product has an AMAZING 89% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status…
A Gearwrench 33 extendable pry bar replaces the need to carry multiple pry bars, and it can be extended by hand or by foot to reach deep into the toughest spaces. The bar’s head is 2.5 inches long and 1/2 inch wide and it is intended for use in sheetrock, walls, and ceilings. It can also be used to break up concrete and sheetrock.
Designed for demolition, repositioning equipment, industrial work, aligning steel components, or moving engines, this 33-inch indexing pry bar features a 27-degree bent shank that provides leverage. It has forged nickel plated alloy steel head and black oxide bar that resists rust and corrosion. The tool features built-in hole to accommodate use with a nail set, and includes storage cover to protect the unused end of the bar.
This 33″ indexing pry bar is ideal for repositioning equipment, industrial work, aligning steel components, and moving engines. The pry bar’s angled tip works great for demolition and prying larger pipe and concrete…
- The GearWrench 33″ indexing pry bar features a slim neck that allows for greater access in tight areas.
- It is designed to provide the leverage needed for more difficult prying tasks.
- The precision-machined tip will not slip and guarantees accuracy when pulling or moving components.
- The GearWrench 33″ extendable indexing pry bar with 4 sets of notches is ideal for a wide range of uses.
- It can be used to direct, lift, position, or apply force to an object.
- Its all-steel construction and oversized forged head provide maximum strength and durability.
- Its durable nylon handle provides comfort and a non-slip grip in any working condition.
- It has been designed with a wide tip for prying work.
- The four-sided indexing head prevents rolling, and the handles are coated for non-slip operation.
- The GearWrench 33″ Extendable Indexing Pry Bar is the superior choice for many prying applications, with a 2-in. head made of forged alloy steel that extends up to 33 in. and then locks in place.
- The drop-forged handles are heat-treated for extra strength and optimal durability, and the knurled on/off collar makes it easy to switch from one angle position lock to another.
Gearwrench Is A Good Brand For Hammer & Mallet Sets
The following Gearwrench product has an excellent 79% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Today Gearwrench introduces the 5 pc. Hammer and Mallet Set, the best value in toolsets on the market. From overall length to the number of tools in each set, the Hammer and Mallet 5-pc set takes the money-saving approach to a new level. The 5 pc. set includes five tools, making it the ideal size for most homeowners or those who work in the trade.
The GearWrench 5 pc. Hammer and Mallet Set is suitable for use by a wide range of craftsmen. The hammers and mallets are constructed of sturdy octagonal steel shafts that are tightly wrapped in high-quality wood. Each hammer head is forged from chrome vanadium steel, and finished with a durable black oxide coating. The handles are wood, leather, or rubber to provide an effective grip while minimizing fatigue.
The heads are double-faced to minimize deformation on impact. Soft polyurethane handles provide the perfect balance of grip and comfort, making them easy to swing for maximum power. Just grab any GEARWRENCH tool, and get the job done right…
- GEARWRENCH combines form and function with a specially designed hammer and the mallet.
- The hammer’s comfort grip makes the perfect tool for a multitude of tasks both inside the garage as well as and around the house.
- The smooth polished wooden handle with an attractive silver ferrule fits beautifully in your hand so you can apply just the right amount of force onto nails, screws, or bolts.
- The 12oz hammerhead is made from tempered forged steel so it is strong enough to deliver a powerful blow yet not as heavy as a solid steel hammer, making it easier to work longer.
- It is designed with high quality, long-lasting, durably zinc die-cast machine-finished handles, and bright chrome-finished hardened steel.
- This 5-Pc. Hammer and Mallet Set is an affordable and efficient solution to your home-tool needs.
- The set’s wooden handles offer comfort while its polished polyurethane head grants durability.
In summary, every mechanic needs high-quality hand tools that are going to stand up to the demands of the job. Gearwrench tools are designed with precision and durability in mind. These tools are built to last and work as hard as you do, no matter what the job is.
The GearWrench brand from Apex Tool Group is a revolutionary new line of high-quality, professional-grade hand tools that feature innovative designs, superior ergonomics, lightweight construction, and improved functionality to make the toughest jobs easier.
Gearwrench hand tools are designed for and used by technicians and mechanics in industries including automotive repair and assembly, electrical and electronics repair, in-plant maintenance, telecom facilities maintenance, heavy equipment servicing, mining equipment servicing, and construction.
Offered in a range of models to meet the needs of do-it-yourselfers as well as professional mechanics and fleet service centers, Gearwrench products offer the quality, comfort, and performance that top professionals demand.
Gearwrench hand tools are designed to tackle the toughest jobs. Crafted from superior materials and built to last, their lineup of hand tools has everything you need for any job, large or small.
You may also be interested in… Is Sunex Tools Any Good? (Quality Tools For Automotive Repairs) and Is Skil A Good Brand? (Cordless, Electric & Pneumatic Power Tools)