What Is Flir Brand Known For?
FLIR Systems is a leading infrared imaging company that designs and manufactures thermal infrared cameras, sensors, and associated components.
The company was established in 1978 with the aim of meeting the needs of the military and commercial markets. It was purchased by Teledyne Technologies in 2021 and is now known as Teledyne FLIR.
Teledyne FLIR is a public company that designs, develops, and manufactures infrared cameras, tactical sensors, and surveillance equipment. Their infrared cameras aid the military in identifying terrorists in combat zones, firefighters in locating people and property in advance of a fire, search and rescue units in discovering stranded victims in major disasters and biologists or hunters in tracking animals in their natural habitats.
Its wide range of small, lightweight uncooled IR (infrared) detectors is used for a range of industrial, military, and commercial applications. They include airborne and ground-based imagers, night-vision devices, and thermographic cameras.
They also make advanced black-body sensors and atmospheric profilers for use in aerospace exploration and space science research facilities around the world.
Let’s look at some of the best-rated Flir products and see what customers think about this brand and its products…
AMAZING Ratings – FLIR E8-XT – Handheld Infrared Camera
The following Flir product has an AMAZING 86% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Are you concerned about the security and safety of your business or building? Are you curious about unknown heat sources, such as electrical malfunctions in equipment, but can’t find them with the naked eye?
FLIR E8-XT – Handheld Infrared Camera – with MSX Image Enhancement Technology is the answer for you.
The FLIR E8-XT takes infrared imaging, which already has a very high value in a wide range of industries, to the next level. Combining infrared with MSX technology delivers enhanced detail and clarity. Fly by night or monitor activities day or night, all without the drawbacks of leading thermal imaging cameras. The FLIR E8-XT is part of FLIR’s new XT Series of products designed with a sleeker form factor and low weight for comfort as well as performance.
FLIR Engineering is a world leader in thermal imaging sensor solutions for applications in the military and industrial markets.
The E8 series of handheld infrared cameras extends the temperature range of FLIR’s existing line of thermal imagers and includes the same advanced thermal camera technology that gives FLIR’s fleet of trucks and airplanes the ability to see through fog, smoke, and even the walls of buildings…
FLIR E8-XT – Handheld Infrared Camera – with Extended Temperature Range, MSX Image Enhancement Technology
- The FLIR E8 portable visible/near-infrared camera delivers enhanced image quality in all light conditions and extended temperature ranges.
- FLIR E8-XT – Handheld Infrared Camera is the most powerful handheld infrared camera ever created.
- It is a true MSX camera for multiple target visualization, and by defining breakthroughs in detection with TrueMSX Imaging Technology.
- The new FLIR E8-XT hand-held thermal imaging camera offers the highest resolution auto-zoom thermal imager on the market, perfect for industrial and R&D applications, and equipped with MSX image enhancement technology that can store, transmit, or record vivid thermal detail.
Good Ratings – FLIR MR176 – Thermal Imaging Moisture Meter
The following Flir product has a good 61% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The FLIR MR176 thermal imaging moisture meter provides a simple, cost-effective way to measure the moisture content of air, liquids, and powders in the field.
The user simply points the camera at the target material and activates the device. The camera captures the target material image and the temperature of the target material is displayed on the LCD screen.
A FLIR MR176 is a hand-held/portable non-contact infrared imaging moisture meter. Upon release it became the world’s first portable, non-contact infrared imaging moisture meter developed on a rugged mobile platform, with both digital and analog outputs, enabling users to transfer information wirelessly to a variety of peripheral equipment. The FLIR MR176 is ideal for performing fast and accurate measurements without contact.
The FLIR Secure MR176 is the first meter to include both the spectral range and spatial resolution provided by infrared-guided measurement. This ability enables you to detect moisture in a predictable, direct way that’s not dependent on experience or interpretation…
FLIR MR176 – Thermal Imaging Moisture Meter – with IGM (Infrared Guided Measurement)
- The FLIR MR176 moisture meter is a handheld infrared imager that accurately determines moisture conditions in a variety of structures including wood, concrete, drywall, decking, and siding.
- The FLIR MR176 uses thermal imaging to measure moisture in a variety of building materials.
- The infrared-guided measurement (IGM) system is a serration on the front of the sensor for advanced framing, plenum, and wall penetration inspection.
Good Ratings – FLIR C5 Pocket Thermal Camera
The following Flir product has a good 64% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The FLIR C5 Pocket Thermal Camera with Wi-Fi is the most compact and lightweight thermal camera in its class. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket, making it a great option for both outdoor and indoor use.
The FLIR C5 pocket thermal camera enables easy, reliable and accurate temperature measurement as part of electrical construction and maintenance, plant operations, and more. The FLIR C5 can help you find problems you wouldn’t have thought to check for, saving you money. For example, it can pinpoint hot spots in electrical panels that are often caused by poorly seated connectors or conductors that aren’t properly insulated. It can also detect drafts that cause your air conditioner to work twice as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature.
The FLIR C5 thermal camera fits in your pocket and works wirelessly with your Android or Apple device – and everything in between. It’s the perfect tool for outdoor enthusiasts in search of a connection with nature…
FLIR C5 Pocket Thermal Camera with Wi-Fi
- The new FLIR C5 is sleek, palm-sized and so simple to use that anyone can take thermal images.
- It’s packed with features and capabilities including a wide variety of tools for smarter operations.
- Lightweight, high-performance, and true-to-life color makes thermal imaging easy and accessible to users on the go or in the field.
- Using thermal imaging is a great way to spot unseen dangers inside a home or business, especially for insurance inspections. The FLIR C5 Pocket Thermal Camera allows you to do that, and more
Excellent Ratings – FLIR DM285-KIT Imaging Multimeter Kit
The following Flir product has an excellent 72% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The FLIR DM285-KIT Imaging Multimeter Kit is low-cost and easy to use, without sacrificing advanced measurement functionality. With the unique imaging display technology, you can see what’s under test in real-time – getting accurate results the first time, every time.
The FLIR DM285-KIT Imaging Multimeter Kit provides an unprecedented combination of multimeter and imagers. Complementing Flir’s industry leading thermal imaging cameras, this multimeter is designed to deliver every data point in the quickest manner possible for increased productivity. Simply connect the camera to the USB port and start getting information on all applicable electrical components that can reveal potential energy savings and opportunities to increase machine performance.
The FLIR DM285-KIT Imaging Multimeter kit is an affordable, all-inclusive analyzer for companies who need a powerful, accurate, and affordable device to troubleshoot power quality and energy efficiency issues…
FLIR DM285-KIT Imaging Multimeter Kit
- The FLIR DM285-KIT HVAC IR Imaging Multimeter Kit with TempIR TM Infrared Camera, 54X Zoom helps you to inspect the conditions of residential and commercial heating and air conditioning systems.
- A multimeter is a measuring instrument that combines many different functions into one device.
- It can measure electrical current, voltage, and resistance, among other tasks.
- This metering tool uses advanced sensor technology from FLIR.
AMAZING Ratings – FLIR MR77 Pinless Moisture Meter
The following Flir product has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The FLIR MR77 is a pinless moisture meter that allows you to effectively measure moisture in the air. The device is an innovative FLIR product that’s designed to meet new industry standards and criteria.
It’s an effective solution for indoor air quality testing, environmental monitoring, and in-plant testing applications. The new FLIR MR77 has an industrial-grade design and boasts advanced features and functions such as compact size, range of up to 100 feet, and includes an auto-calibration feature for enhanced performance.
The new FLIR MR77 is a multi-meter that performs both temperature and humidity measurements, and is designed to be used in all kinds of environments, including aircraft, heavy equipment, hospitals, factories, and more. The FLIR MR77 is a pinless design, so there is no need to purchase any extra tools to attach it to your projects.
The FLIR MR77 Pinless Moisture Meter was designed to make humidity measurements easier and safer than ever. The MR77 is a pinless meter, meaning there are no pins or needles to insert into wood or other materials.
It is incredibly useful for inspecting the moisture content of wooden beams, flooring, walls, pillars, lumber stacks, pulpwood piles, and other specialty areas…
FLIR MR77 Pinless Moisture Meter
- The FLIR MR77 Pinless Moisture Meter is a great tool for measuring how much moisture is in your house.
- The FLIR MR77 pinless moisture meter is a great tool for diagnosing moisture-related issues in structures.
- It provides quick and accurate moisture readings by emitting a harmless microwave energy pulse, which is then absorbed by the structure.
- This pulse reflects back from the structure, which allows you to determine what areas have more moisture present as compared to others.
- As different materials absorb different amounts of microwave energy, these differences can be detected.
- This new Pinless Moisture Meter uses an infrared laser to measure the moisture levels in your products.
- It can be used with wood, paper, plastic, and much more.
Excellent Ratings – FLIR TG165 – Spot Thermal Camera
The following Flir product has an excellent 70% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
FLIR TG165 with 2-meter drop durability and packed with features designed for users such as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC contractors. The FLIR TG165 delivers exceptional sensitivity, resolution, and frame rate for the toughest jobs.
Teledyne FLIR is excited to introduce a rugged, new handheld infrared camera that is ready for your toughest jobs. The FLIR TG165 thermal imager is the industry’s lightest process camera in its class and can be dropped and handled with no worries about damaging it. Its Day/Night capability and fast response time make the TG165 that much more versatile.
The TG165 is designed to be rugged and withstand the harshest environments, and withstand drops of up to 2 meters…
FLIR TG165 – Spot Thermal Camera – with 2-Meter Drop Durability for Your Toughest Jobs
- LIR TG165 thermal camera – with 2-meter drop durability – lets you see things that matter.
- That’s how it helps you make fast, accurate, informed work decisions.
- With its portability and 2-meter drop durability, FLIR TG165 is the perfect tool for your toughest jobs – heavy equipment inspection or any job where the conditions are rough and the danger is around every corner.
- FLIR’s TG165 camera is a thermal imager device that is intended to be used in industrial settings.
- This TGA-compliant device has features like 2-meter drop durability, night vision, and more that make it very useful for many industrial jobs.
- It provides clear, detailed, and accurate temperature information and images in seconds, revealing invisible dangers that can’t be seen with the naked eye or other cameras.
Good Ratings – FLIR ONE Pro – iOS – Professional Grade Thermal Camera
The following Flir product has a good 68% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
FLIR ONE Pro is a professional-grade thermal imaging camera for any smartphone. By adding FLIR ONE to your smartphone, you transform your device into a night vision HD camera that provides clear, accurate, and detailed live thermography in any situation.
The FLIR ONE Pro is the world’s first professional-grade thermal camera designed for a smartphone. It works with your iOS or Android device, letting you see the world in a new and exciting way. See invisible heat sources through fog, find animals that are otherwise hidden in darkness or locate pipes buried deep underground.
If you are looking for the best thermal camera for your smartphone, then FLIR ONE Pro is your best pick…
FLIR ONE Pro – iOS – Professional Grade Thermal Camera for Smartphones
- Teledyne Technologies FLIR ONE is an app for your iPhone or iPad that turns it into a professional-grade thermal camera that captures visible light, near-infrared, and mid-wave infrared images that look like they were shot with a thermal imaging camera.
- The FLIR ONE connects to the Lighting port on your Apple device.
- It uses a digital signal processor inside of the device to control the thermal detector and give you access to the resulting image data.
- FLIR ONE Pro provides a new dimension to viewing the world by increasing contrast where visible light can’t go: infrared.
In summary, Teledyne Technologies’ FLIR Systems is the world’s leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of infrared detection-based sensors and cameras.
Thermal imaging systems detect the infrared energy (heat) that is emitted by all people, objects, and materials. A thermal imager enables the operator to see in total darkness, adverse weather, and through such air pollutants as smoke and haze.
It’s no surprise FLIR has earned their reputation as the market leader in thermal imaging technology. How do they do it? A dedicated team of engineers constantly conducts field research, evaluates new technology, and pushes their limits to create better products.
Their passion for thermal imaging is evident in every aspect of each product from the design and quality of their hardware to the caliber of their staff, who are trained in FLIR’s rigorous apprenticeship program.
Since 1978, FLIR has been adept at inspiring people to see layers of information around them that they would never have noticed otherwise
Teledyne FLIR Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thermal imaging equipment, selling to a variety of industries worldwide. They provide products for security, surveillance, firefighting, recreation, land management, and industrial applications.
You may also be interested in… Is Fluke Networks A Good Brand? (Network Admin Technicians Tools) and Is Fellowes A Good Brand? (Paper Shredders, Air Purifiers, More)
Allan Wilson who in the offline world has an extensive background working in research, analyzing statistics, improving work processes, team leading, and implementing training to improve results and now thanks to more than 3 years dedicated to this site is now also a highly regarded researcher of brands.
Allan has a long history of developing brands online way back before blogging existed creating websites using HTML code in Notepad. Allan established brands in the Info Product Marketing arena such as infoproductmarketing, ebookresellerkit, reprintrightsmarketing, along with many other successful websites (and a few failures along the way). Allan has also authored numerous ebooks, owned and operated membership sites, created eLearning courses, and more.