"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
|>>>> Save Money With TODAYS DEALS - See what discounts you can get today!|
If you have a small yard or need to mow around garden beds why not get a lightweight and very easy to maneuver electric lawn mower?
There is none better than the Sun Joe 14-Inch electric mower with its narrow design making it ideal for getting into places other much larger mowers can’t.
Watch The Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower In Action
This electric lawnmower is also quiet to operate and as is so easy to use it is like vacuuming your lawn. The mower starts easily with a push of a button so no more pulling cords and it starts instantly every time! And by far the best part of all is the low maintenance, no gas, no oil, no spark plugs… how easy is that!!!
14 Reasons Why The Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer Will Make Your Home Cleaning Chores Easier!
Here Is WhatconsumersHad To Say About The Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower…
Best Electric Lawn Mower!
This little mower is a beast! One of my best Amazon purchases by far. I bought it to mow my small front yard and dog pen. However my rider broke for the field and I have been mowing that with this little guy for weeks. I don’t use the catcher and just make sure to check its not blocked with grass at the grass exit door. It really easy to push and light weight I am in my 50s and can do with one hand.
- The best little mower for those with back injuries; I can’t lift more than 25 lbs, easy to assemble and you can mulch or bag cuttings.
- It does an excellent job on all lengths of grass. I even used it to mulch dry leaves. For the price and the quality, you can’t beat it. It’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
- Best Little Mower Ever! I live on an acre of land out in the country. I’m a little person, and I need something that I can handle well since I’m the one that takes care of the lawn.
- It is small and light enough I can handle myself, for being a woman it is the best one I have used.
- Very lightweight but works like a champ. Best lawn mower I’ve ever used and very easy to assemble.
- The best little mower I’ve ever owned!
- This is the best thing ever it’s lightweight and easy to handle I’m a small lady and needed this mow Joe to roll with me as I cut the grass.
- It’s been the best mower I’ve used on the hill we have for a front yard.
- Best mower ever! Once you get used to maneuvering around the cord this mower does just as good a job as a pain to start a gas mower.
- Now I have the best little mower I could hope to have. And it is cute!
- The best electric light mower for small yards.
- This is the best lawn mower I’ve ever owned. All you have to do is plug it in.
- What a deal, best little mower I have ever bought, just what I needed for my Fla. villa.
- By far the SUN JOE MJ401 14-inch mower is the best compact machine for the job.
Electric Lawn Mower For Small Yards!
This little mower is perfect for small yards up to 1/4 acre, regularly cut, with no need desire to adjust the mowing depth. It is narrow enough to get into tight places and light enough to easily pick up and move around.
- I was skeptical of the size and power, but this small beach property, it did an outstanding job.
- This little mower is a beast! Amazing bang for your buck and perfect for a small yard!
- I bought a piece of rental property with a small lawn and I could not stomach paying the high prices for lawn maintenance, so off I go with my portable Sun Joe! It is a breeze!!
- Fantastic mower for our small townhouse lawn. Plenty of power. It even cut 6″ tall thick grass when we waited too long.
- I have a small fenced-in yard, 200 ft. Works like a dream!
- Our yard is small and this mower is the perfect size and does not take up a lot of space.
- I’ve been looking for a small, non-gas powered lawn mower, and boy, did I find a good one.
- If you need a small mower for a small yard, you can’t go wrong with this Mow Joe.
- This a great little mower for anyone with a small lawn.
- I love this little mower. We have a small city patch of lawn and a larger mower would have been ridiculous/useless.
- Great economy mower. Fantastic for a small yard (it’s even OK for a bigger yard).
- I love this mower. It is the perfect answer for a small yard and an older gardener.
Electric Lawn Mower For Small Garden!
Best lawn mower I have ever owned. I am a petite female with arthritic knees, I have a small garden and this mower is just perfect for my small garden. It is light but very efficient mower that does a great job.
- Love the size (we have a garden with relatively small lanes between the beds).
- It’s very simple to operate and does an awesome job in my little garden.
- I can mow all of my lawn parts on different sides of the garden in one go!
- It is narrow enough to get into the small areas and corners and along my backyard ramps so I don’t have to break out my weed eater.
- This Lawn Mower is just perfect for the garden. I’ve been using it for a while now and keeps working GREAT!
- Sun Joe is perfect for my garden. I have a very small English-style garden with grass paths and veggies.
- I’ve been able to mow between garden plots and feed the grass to our chickens, turkeys, and geese. We’re all happy with the results !!!
- Perfect lawn mower for my small garden. Lightweight, and powerful, great vacuum power, exceeded my expectations.
- An awesome mower for a small garden.
- Easy to use, lightweight, narrow enough to get around the garden, and under the fruit tree’s branches.
Lightweight Electric Lawn Mower That Is Easy To Maneuver!
Have I mentioned how lightweight this thing is? I can literally carry it with one hand when I grab it by the handle that is conveniently located on top of the main body, and I am not a very strong person. This mower is one of my most prized pieces of yard equipment.
- It is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- I grew up with electric corded lawnmowers, and I much prefer them over the gas models. This machine is lightweight, powerful, and easy to clean.
- WOW, a great little lightweight mower.
- Lightweight and easy to push and maneuver.
- Also, the mower is really lightweight, and attacking the brush is far easier with this light mower. Far less fatigue compared to weed whacking too!
- It worked great, is very lightweight (I can hang it in my storage shed out of the way), and seemed to have plenty of power using a 12 Ga extension cord, as recommended.
- The best part: it’s really lightweight and my wife can cut the lawn with it.
- I’m thrilled to have such a lightweight mower that is easy to steer and doesn’t get stuck.
- This mower is so lightweight that it can be picked up one-handed if necessary – just let go of the handle to stop it, and push the button to restart.
- It is lightweight and easy to push. Many said it is like vacuuming your lawn and I agree. It was easy to push back and forth.
- Lightweight! This old lady could push it around with one arm while the other arm used a cane.
Electric Lawn Mower That Is Quiet!
I was extremely impressed with how light it was to push, how quiet it was (keep in mind it is still a lawn mower), and how powerful it was.
- I have an area of about 800 sq. feet of lawn that I maintain with this mower and it works wonderfully. It is light and easy to maneuver and it is quiet.
- This mower is absolutely amazing and so quiet.
- It’s quiet but works like a champ.
- I am very happy with ours. Oh, and it is really quiet!
- And it is quiet enough I may just try mowing my lawn EARLY in the morning!
- This is a powerful machine with a quiet motor.
- It is very quiet for a lawnmower.
- As quiet as a vacuum cleaner.
- She runs so quietly too compared to other mowers that have given me headaches from using… not my Sun Joe.
- It is very quiet and I can mow my lawn earlier in the morning and not disturb sleeping neighbors.
- The unit itself is very easy to use, lightweight, and effective. It is quiet and leaves the yard looking great.
- OMG!! This is so quiet, easy to use and I don’t have to rake anymore.
Electric Lawn Mower That Is Very Easy To Start!
Don’t have to worry about getting gas anymore or pulling my shoulder out if it’s socket trying to get the gas mower on.
- It starts up on the first push of the button every time.
- I bought this with a 50′ extension cord and have had no issues with it starting right up (unlike gas mowers).
- It always starts, is easy to control, and gives a good cut.
- No difficulty starting the mower! No hassle! We have the job done in no time and it looks great!
- I love how easy it is to start, I can do it one-handed.
- It is so easy to start it and maneuver it around.
- Soft start doesn’t draw a lot of amps, a nice feature.
- I don’t need to fight with a pull to get started going again.
- This one starts the first time, every time, I just hold the lever down and push the button.
- But this is easy to start and easy to push and easy to stop I loved it.
- Starts up instantly with only holding the safety lever and pressing a button.
- Much easier to start, quieter, and less smelly than a gas-powered lawnmower.
- I’d recommend especially to self-reliant women, or those without a lot of storage space, or who hate pull-cords like me.
- Best of all no broken pull rope. Our previous model was gas and when the pull rope broke it was cheaper to buy this.
- The best thing is I don’t have to crank it with a pull cord. I just push a button and away I go.
- An electric mower means I don’t have to do the twisting motion needed to pull a starter for a gas motor. Physically, I cannot twist or jerk like that
Electric Lawn Mower With Cord!
WARNING!!! Amazon is bundling the wrong size cord (16 gauge) with this mower when they offer a bundle. Make sure to buy a 14 gauge cord (up to 50 feet). If you buy a 100-foot cord get 12 gauge.
I was worried the cord would be an issue, but it’s kind of like vacuuming- no big deal.
- This mower + a 100-foot cord is all anyone needs.
- I have a 100ft 12 gauge outdoor-rated extension cord that I have dedicated for outdoor yard work that hangs on a garden hose holder next to the receptacle.
- The one thing I have to note is that you need a good power cord to get the best out of this machine.
- I have a 12 gauge one that works great. It was expensive, but it gives the mower all the electricity it needs to easily cut through the tallest and thickest grass on my lawn.
- I got this corded mower so I don’t have to maintain batteries.
- Honestly, with the lightness of the mower and the cord, it just feels more like I’m running a vacuum than anything.
- Mowing attached to a cord takes a little getting used to, but it’s similar to vacuuming where you need to avoid running over the cord.
- I used a 50ft 14 gauge extension cord that was just enough to get all around my house. I would definitely recommend it if you don’t want to deal with always getting gas for your mower.
- Cord management is easy when you get used to it.
Electric Lawn Mower With Bagger Or Chute!
I had to use the bagger the last two times I mowed because the grass was very long. It did great, and the bag is very easy to empty and reattach.
- It mowed my somewhat overgrown grass of 3-4 inches like a dream and the little bagger means less grass clipping in my little one’s pool.
- The bagger fills up just as fast as regular baggers do. It is easy to empty and replace the bag.
- You do not have to use the bagger function, the grass will eject behind the rear wheels underneath the bagger flap.
- The bagger is small and requires dumping ALOT but I removed mine and let the mower mulch it and it is great.
- I love that it has both a bagger and a chute, in case you don’t want to bag.
- The bagger feature is great and easy to empty.
- I cut my grass 2 times a week and it is NOT a small yard picks up grass in a bagger amazingly for this price!
- Purchased the discharge chute specifically so I would not have to use a bagger.
- This mower is powerful, reliable, easy to use, light and the bagger is great for making your own mulch to use around plants or bare spots in your yard. I love it.
- Easy to put together and the grass bagger is lightweight and easy to remove and dump!
- Easy to push on hills, love the clippings bagger, does not stink, no messes, does not run out of fuel, easy to start, extremely light, and sounds like an air conditioner!
- I chose not to use the bagger. The Mow Joe cut my grass great and was very easy to use with just one arm.
Can You Use An Electric Lawn Mower On Wet Grass?
WARNING!!! As you can see from the comments below the Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower handles wet grass pretty well. Certainly no worse than any other mower. However, the manufacturer does NOT recommend it!!
One noticeable thing is how easy this cuts through tall, thick, wet grass. I purchased a brand new regular mower and it had a lot of trouble getting through stuff like that, but this electric one chews through it like a hot knife through butter. I was under the impression that electric mowers would pale in comparison to an engine.
- This is an awesome product! It does a great job and even plowed through wet grass without issue.
- I like the safety shut off, and the machine will shut itself off when the discharge gets clogged, handy with the heavy wet grass of the PNW.
- The first time I used the mower, the grass was very high and slightly wet.
- Had to cut the grass while it is wet (toughest cutting job). The little machine did an outstanding job and it took no longer to cut the grass than it did with my old 18″ model.
- I had to tilt it up to get through some very tall, wet grass, but it did well, other than that!
- This is just what I was looking for in a mower. It works great. Mows even wet grass with ease.
- Even with wet grass, it was doing wonders. (wet mowing not recommended by the manufacturer, and I agree).
- I live in Florida and the grass is hard to keep up with all the rain. This little mower plows through long, thick grass. I do need to stop and clear the wet grass out of the mower, but for such a lightweight machine it does a great job.
- Just finished the first mow in 6in high wet grass and it worked great.
No Gas… No Oil… No Spark Plugs… Low Maintenance!
It’s great. It’s so cheap to operate, and basically no maintenance. Figure when you need to replace a gas mower, the oil, the gas, the pollution, etc., and then this model, or style . . . it’s a no brainer. It’s cheaper to purchase, lasts longer, no maintenance, and every time you mow your lawn, it’s under 15 cents.
- It is quiet and GREEN. No gas or oil to tend to and/or store, which is a pain and also a hazard to store around the residence.
- You never have to worry about gas or oil, which is a definite plus.
- Plus, it has low maintenance and reduces carbon footprint because there is no gas or oil required to maintain or use the lawnmower.
- It is extremely lightweight compared to a gas mower, plus there is virtually no maintenance (spark plugs, oil, etc.). Just wipe it down and go.
- No gas, no oil, no spark plugs- easy peasy!
- I love this! It’s a breeze to use, and because it’s electric, I don’t have to mix gas and oil, or keep a can of gas around, or run to the gas station halfway through the job…ever!
- Getting used to the electric cord takes some concentration but well worth the effort to not have to mess with gas, oil, and the upkeep a power mower requires – plus the weight of a metal mower.
- A mower that can do a full-sized lawn without gas, oil, or maintenance. Unreal!
- This little electricity-powered mower takes NO gas, NO oil, and has NO spark plug, is very lightweight, etc., etc.
The Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower Is Well Worth The Money!
Great mower. I’ve had this going on my third season with no issues. Light enough where I can carry it with the handle and has surprising power for a little machine. Worth every penny. No more gasoline cans stinking up the garage and this stores in a small space.
- For the price, this thing could make it only one season and it’s still worth it– I’d buy a new one every year.
- If I had to buy a new mower every year it would still be worth it.
- We have been using this mower for 2 months now and this lawnmower is absolutely worth every penny, and this was such a great price!
- I can’t stress enough how worth it this mower is, we couldn’t be happier with this purchase!
- Well worth the money for small yards and folks with disabilities.
- It’s awesome and well worth the money. I recommended it to my aunt who then bought one a couple of weeks later and she also loves hers.
- More than worth the price which was amazing and I did shop around.
- Mowing was fun with Sun Joe! Worth every penny!
- This little mower is awesome. Worth twice what it cost. Powerful and quiet if you use around animals.
- No other mower is close to the value for the money in my experience.
- It’s been almost a year since I started using this mower. Great value for the money you spent and an inexpensive way of mowing your lawn.
- Cuts like a True Champ! We are done with buying gas for the traditional lawn mowers… Stop throwing your money away on those things.
- After using this lawnmower, it’s almost insane to think that anyone would waste money on a gas lawn mower for a small yard.
In summary, the Sun Joe MJ401E 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower with Grass Bag is the ideal small and narrow lawnmower that gets into those hard to reach spaces and is especially convenient for mowing around garden beds.
You may also be interested in reading… Is Sun Joe A Good Brand?
Also, consider reading … Best Corded Electric Mulching Lawn Mower, Do Motorless Lawn Mowers Work (What Do Reel Mower Owners Say) and What is a Mulching Mower?