Space heaters are wonderfully affordable, compact, and many of them are also portable however how effective are they with heating a room?
Space heaters work exceptionally well for making a small to medium size room toasty and warm or for taking the chill out of a larger room.
By using a space heater you can delay starting your main heater as the weather starts to get colder and also turn your main heater off earlier coming out of winter to save wasting money on heating the entire house.
To give you an example of our good space heaters work I have listed 3 of popular sellers with a snapshot of what people are saying about their effectiveness…
The Lasko Ceramic Space Heater Really Works!
Does This Lasko Space Heater Work?
According To 5-Star Reviewers, It Works Great!
Works great, excellent room heater! It is smart looking and fits nicely into any decor and does not draw attention to itself. Very quiet, and oscillates nicely and smoothly without any noise.
- This heater has been with me to 3 apartments lol and has kept me warm every single winter.
- It works (we used it in the bedroom when it was 15 degrees outside and it kept the bedroom to a nice 75 degrees)
- Four years of use and the heaters still work just as well as the first day. Extremely energy-efficient, doesn’t make a big difference in the electric bill.
- BEST HEATER EVER! We love this heater! Seriously, it works better than any others we have had before. Holy COW does it heat up a room!
- None of the other many heaters I tried have come close to working as well as this particular Lasko model has.
- One of the best in its class – works perfect right of the Box.
- To reduce heating bills, this heater has worked great as I am the only one in the house for long periods so it doesn’t make sense to heat the entire house when this heater does a really good job of heating a single room.
- I really can’t believe how well this works. Warms up our space of almost 600 square feet in no time. I would purchase it again!
- It’s a small heater and works tremendously well! It’s also very quiet with a minimal amount of hum that emits from the heater. I’ve been using it for 2 years now.
- I have had this heater for two years now. I use it frequently from November to March. It works flawlessly.
I normally have it in the room I use as an office and it is very quiet, sometimes I forget I have it there! Other times we use it in my daughter’s playroom, and it works great because it does not get hot to the touch, so I don’t have to be concerned about the kids hurting themselves.
- It has a built-in thermostat.. so it keeps the room at a steady temperature.
- The heat emitted from these are wonderful and the automatic setting keeps each room you have one in extremely comfortable.
- This heater is absolutely fantastic. I leave it on all of the time in my nursery to keep the nursery a couple of degrees warmer than the rest of the house since my babies don’t use a blanket and their room doesn’t have as good of vents as the rest of the house.
- Great heater for my garage, I use two of them in my two-car garage and they keep it nice and warm in the winter.
- I live in a 40ft camper and bought this heater to use in my living room which is about 15ft x 18ft with the slides out. It will keep the entire area warm on a 40-degree night set at whatever temperature I set it at (normally 72 degrees).
- My coworkers now migrate to my office to warm up! I am very cold intolerant and the place I work tends to be… cold. I got permission and bought a heater to keep my area warm so I could work without having to wear 2 jackets.
- Passes the Toddler Test! I am a newborn photographer and use this to keep the area around the baby at a cranking 82 degrees F.
- It keeps you warm. We have a 300 sqft master bedroom and the heater warmed up the room like a champ.
- This is the beat heater ever. Puts out heat better than any I have owned. I usually keep it by my couch to stay warm while relaxing and watching tv.
- Great heater for the price. Remote and multiple settings. Keeps a medium to small-sized apartment room nice and warm.
The NOEIKY Personal Space Heater Also Works!
Does The dr Infrared Space Heater Work?
We feature this product in more detail here… Best Infrared Heater Humidifier Combo With Oscillating Fan
It has been working well all winter. I use it to heat up the bedroom at night, the bathroom when I shower, and take it out to the garage when working in there to warm up the area. We tend to spend most of our time in just a couple rooms of the house, so it makes no sense to heat everything up so much if we’re closed in a single room anyway. So this is great for keeping a single room warm without having to heat the whole house.
- It is perfect for a bedroom while sleeping at night. No reason to keep the whole house toasty when asleep or at work.
- I really love this heater! Compared to other heater types I’ve had, the infrared heating element works the best and the blower circulates the warm air very well, even in a space as large as my living room and kitchen.
- They are smaller than the old-style heaters but throw much more heat. I’ve had them going continuously for months now and they are working great.
- It’s attractive and it WORKS.
- Works for us. Saves us lots of bucks, and we stay comfortable up here in cold old N.W. Indiana in our drafty old farmhouse.
- October to April…it keeps our sleeping area warm and cozy all winter! I thought I’d write this review because when I turned it on after sitting all summer, it worked like a charm, and I was reminded how much I love this little heater! Well worth the money!
- This heater is a workhorse and manages to keep my downstairs very warm. I also found the price to be very reasonable.
- The Infrared heater works like a charm. The blower is very quiet and sends heat 20 – 30 feet. You can feel the warmth from the heater through our living room/dining room (just one long room, really, about 700 square feet).
- Have had it for a full year while building & living in my cabin. Works like a champ.
- Loved this heater so much, we bought another! The one in our great room worked so well (we’ve had it for a long time…want to say a year but don’t recall the exact duration) that we bought one for our master. It works just as well there.
The NOEIKY Personal Space Heater Also Works!
Portable Space Heater, Adjustable Thermostat Heater Corded Electric Space Heater for Indoor/Office, Automatically Turn Heater
Does This NOEIKY Personal Space Heater Work?
According To 5-Star Reviewers, It Does!
I LOVE this little, personal heater! It is quiet, it generates a whole lot of heat, in your personal space! Great for home and office when you want to warm up, but don’t want to change the thermostat in the WHOLE house.
- Absolutely love this heater. It fits perfectly on my desk so when I’m spending a late night burning the midnight oil I can keep warm.
- This little heater is very interesting, as most heaters on the floor simply blow on your legs and feet. This heater, blows so much heat, ever so quietly, and blows at not only a level, floor angle, at the height of the heater but also at a slightly upward angle, so the heat actually warms you from head to toe.
The GiveBest Space Heater Performs Well In Small Spaces!
GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater, 1500W/750W ETL Certified Ceramic Heater with Thermostat, Heat Up 200 sq. Ft in Minutes
Does This GiveBest Space Heater Work?
According To 5-Star Reviewers, It Is Excellent!
The master bedroom Which we use as an office, not a bedroom, is always FREEZING! I mean attic chill cold. My husband is always wrapped in a blanket while trying to do his job. So, I decided to get a heater for him. Now, for the price, I thought, it will at least heat him right at his seat, which is all he really needs. Uh….. no. This little guy heats the entire room!
- Bought this for my fiancé who’s a school teacher and is often freezing in her classroom. I tested this heater out before giving it to her and I can tell you this bad boy throws out some heat.
- Works great and keeps my kid’s room toasty warm!!
- I have an office that’s around 300 square ft and this heater is ideal, even if I leave my office door open to the hall. I turn it on high and leave it on the first setting for several hours.
- Great heater for camping and I can definitely see this working for a bedroom or even an office. Easy to carry too.
- I purchased this to blow hot air at my feet from under my desk while I work, and it’s maybe overkill for under a desk, even on low. But when positioned 5 or 10 feet away it covers me with an endless supply of wonderfully hot feeling air, feels sorta like sitting in front of a big indoor campfire.
- Very lightweight and takes up very little space in my work cubicle. I cranked it on high full blast this morning but within an hour or so I had to turn it to a lower setting. I have to say I feel amazing and my quality of life/productivity has improved tremendously at the office.
- LOVE this one because of the handle at the top. Makes it easy to move around. This one has every feature you could want in a heater and works perfectly!
- Generates lots of heat! Use it in the bathroom on cold days. Also have used it in the bedroom when watching a movie or hanging out and don’t want to heat the entire house.
- Even used it as an addition to my regular house heating to heat up the living room quicker. Works great and super powerful for its small size.
In summary, space heaters certainly do work when using them the way they are designed to be used.
They are not meant for heating your house but are very effective in smaller rooms such as offices, bedrooms, small apartments, garages, etc.
You can select a personal space heater that is ideal for sitting on or under your office desk or from a space heater that is powerful enough to heat most rooms.
Nonetheless, they do an excellent job!
You may also be interested in…