Can You Cut Your Hair With a Wahl Beard Trimmer?
More and more people nowadays prefer giving themselves a haircut at home instead of visiting the salon. That’s especially true if you have a simple buzz cut. This has left many wondering: can you cut your hair with a Wahl beard trimmer?
You can cut your hair with a Wahl beard trimmer if you’re in a pinch. However, most beard trimmers were not designed to cut hair. Cutting hair with a Wahl trimmer is rather tricky. You also risk damaging your beard trimmer since the hair on your head is significantly thicker.
Regardless, Wahl beard trimmers are some of the highest-quality beard trimmers out there. If you’re going to cut your hair with a beard trimmer, a Wahl beard trimmer is the best choice. Keep reading to learn more about cutting your hair with a Wahl beard trimmer.
Can You Use Wahl All in One Trimmer To Cut Hair?
You can definitely use the Wahl All in One Trimmer to cut hair since it’s specifically designed to cut hair and trim beards. It includes eight T-blade guide combs for short and long haircuts. The Wahl All in One Trimmer specs and add-ons make it a professional-grade haircut tool.
If you are thinking about simplifying your personal grooming needs, you should look no further than the Wahl All in One Trimmer. As its name suggests, you can use this trimmer to trim your beard, mustache, and body hair and give yourself haircuts.
The Wahl All in One Trimmer was designed to handle scalp hair and beards. This is extremely important, as beard and scalp hair is significantly different. Beard hair is 0.1mm (0.004in) in diameter while scalp hair is 0.05mm (0.02in) in diameter, while the hair on your scalp is much thicker than in your beard. This makes trimming beard and scalp hair very different.
If you’re ready for a powerful device that can handle all of your hair grooming needs, look no further than the Wahl Stainless Steel All in One. You can conveniently order it from Amazon and have it delivered in under two days, so you can get started right away.
How To Cut Your Own Hair With a Wahl Beard Trimmer
Cutting your hair with a beard trimmer will be tricky, considering that the device was not made for haircuts.
However, with the right guidance and enough practice, you should be able to give yourself nice haircuts with just a Wahl beard trimmer. Here’s how:
1. Prep and Set-Up
The first thing you need to worry about is prepping your space, tools, and hair. To prep for your haircut, you will need:
- At least one wall mirror and one hand mirror to get a 360-degree view.
- Make sure your trimmer is fully charged to prevent any disruptions.
- Make sure you have a towel to wipe off any trimmed hairs.
- Clear the floor to make cleanup easier.
- Wash your hair and ensure it’s free of grease and products.
Once you’ve prepped, you will have a much easier time giving yourself a haircut.
Now that you’ve properly set up your space and tools, you can begin trimming your hair. How you go about this largely depends on the type of hairstyle you’re trying to achieve. In general, you can follow these steps:
- Start by trimming your sideburns and work your way to the top. Remember to adjust the guards depending on the length you’re trying to achieve.
- Move on to the back and start at the base of your neck, working your way up. Make sure the length of your hair in the back matches the hair on your sides.
- Finish off with the top, starting at the forehead and moving your way back. Usually, you will want to use guards longer than the ones you used on your sides and back.
Remember to take your time while trimming, especially if this is your first time doing it. We recommend the following YouTube video for a visual tutorial on cutting your hair with a Wahl trimmer.
3. Double-Check and Touch-Up
The last and final step will require a hand mirror so that you can see the back of your head. Standing in front of the mirror, grab your hand mirror and place it behind your head facing the wall mirror. You should have a 360 degree view of your head.
Once you’ve positioned your mirrors correctly, you can start looking for any asymmetries or anything that looks crooked or out of place. Take your time fixing any details, as this can make the difference between a professional and an amateur cut.
Is Beard Trimmer And Hair Trimmer Same? What Are The Differences?
The main difference between beard and hair trimmers is their blade. Beard trimmers were designed to trim beard hair, which is different from the hair of your scalp. Beard trimmer blades are optimized for coarser yet thinner hair.
Although beard trimmers and hair clippers may look identical to the untrained eye, they are very different devices. Just like you wouldn’t use scissors to cut grass, you should try to avoid using grooming devices for anything other than its express purpose. Let’s explore some differences.
- Hair clippers usually come with longer blades since scalp hair can be much longer than beard hair. These blades will allow you to trim more hair in less time since scalp hair tends to be thicker than beard hair.
- Beard trimmers come with many smaller blades since beard hair tends to be shorter and thinner than scalp hair. These blades may not be ideal for thick scalp hair, so cutting hair with an inadequate beard trimmer could damage your device.
- Hair clippers usually come with a much wider variety of hair guards. There are many different guard settings for hair clippers, usually ranging from 1 to 6.
- Beard clippers tend to come with smaller guards ideal for a precise beard trim. These, however, may not be long enough for a haircut.
- Hair clippers tend to be more powerful than beard trimmers because they deal with thick hair. Although beard hair can be coarser, scalp hair is almost always much thicker, thus requiring more power from your clipper.
- Beard trimmers may not be powerful enough to handle thick and long hair. The blades could get clogged, or you may have to pass the trimmer through your hair a few times to cut it fully.
If you don’t have any other options available, you can use a beard trimmer to cut your hair. This might damage your trimmer and result in a sub-par haircut if your trimmer was not designed for haircuts.
Alternatively, you can opt for an all-in-one trimmer that is also powerful enough to handle haircuts effectively. The Wohl All in One Trimmer is a great choice that will handle all of your grooming needs flawlessly.