If you are looking for a portable commercial-grade induction cooktop the Duxtop Profession Induction Cooktop is one of your best options…
The most popular benefits and features of the Duxtop as specifically mentioned by those who own it are…
It is ideal for RV’s and apartments, great for taking outside to cook, heats up quickly, easy cleanup, 10-Hour timer, dependable, works exceptionally well, induction is the wave of the future, and the company has excellent customer service!
Other things people like about it are…
Heavy-duty and commercial grade, simple intuitive electronic touch controls, portable, fantastic as an extra burner, fits easily on countertops, 65-pound weight capacity, the sides, the handles, and the front don’t get too hot to touch, more powerful than most homeowner models, and it distributes heat evenly.
A Portable Induction Cooktop With Heavy-Duty Commercial Durability And Simple Intuitive Touch Controls!
Here Is What Reviewers Had To Say About The Duxtop Commercial Grade Induction Cooktop…
The Professional Duxtop Induction Cooktop Is Heavy Duty – Commercial Grade!
There are professional/commercial models costing thousands of dollars, and I do not doubt they are probably worth it, but if you want a model that is considerably better than the typical retail units without spending very much more, this is the one.
- This unit is very heavy duty (although light in weight) being constructed of stainless steel and a special tough surface (a heat-tolerant glass I believe).
- My previous one melted the plastic around the sides – I decided I wanted something built for commercial use, so I would not worry about the same thing happening again.
- This is a heavy-duty unit. Pretty heavy and quite robust.
- The build quality of this unit is noticeably better than any other retail grade models I have seen.
- I am using it for daily prep for my restaurant, it’s got great power and a good size to fit anywhere.
- This model is well built, heavy for its size, and very, very stable on the countertop.
- I like the weight, size, sturdiness, etc that this unit has. Thanks for making the professional model-well worth the money.
- This is for the professional model. This is a very high-quality unit.
- Particularly this heavier duty model with its metal enclosure is a bit more robust for everyday use.
- This works great! We use it at our restaurant for pasta, deviled eggs, anything!
- As a cooktop built for professional use, it seems to be a fair amount larger than induction cooktops built for home use.
- This is a big unit and very heavy and the only one I could find rated for that much weight.
- Bought this specifically for larger weigh stock, such as heating up wort for a microbrew.
- This is definitely a top-shelf product. Very well built and a high-performance induction cooktop.
Induction Cooktop With Simple Intuitive Electronic Touch Controls!
In our experience this is a very well made heavy duty induction cooktop with simple intuitive electronic touch controls … it has worked reliably for very long extended cook-times (24hrs/7days).
- The temperature control setting was very consistent although it is a bit off from actual stock temperature.
- Simply adjust the setpoint to hold the contents of the pot at your target.
- The unit itself is very well built. The cabinet is stainless steel, the cooktop itself is thick black glass, and the touch controls are sensitive and responsive.
- There are quick-start buttons, and three quick keystrokes get you cooking in a jiffy.
- The keep-warm feature allows one to set the temperature as desired if the pre-selected one is not desired.
- You can select between “power levels” 0.5 (Very Low) to 10 (High), and you can alternately shift to temperature mode.
- The temperature adjustments are great.
- This unit has excellent temperature control and enough temp and power settings to be really useful. I can set it and not have to double-check the pot temperature.
- The quick boil and warm features are also very handy.
- Temp control works well even at low temps. I have used it to melt chocolate for the ganache, and to proof yeast for dinner rolls.
- Absolutely wonderful and efficient love the temp control and timer settings allowing me to have greater control of the cook.
- The touch controls are very sensitive but can be locked, a nice touch.
- I love this burner! The small incremental temperature changes really help me dial in the exact amount of heat I want for each dish.
- The burner cooks quickly and evenly with excellent controls that allow you to do exactly what you want every time. I’ve made pea soup, fried taco shells, and made spaghetti sauce on it, and all turned out perfectly.
- I really like the controls on this unit. It took me a few tries to get used to the temperature control mapping but it is easy to learn.
- The controls are intuitive and easy to use once you get used to them.
- It can be controlled by temperature and by power levels 1-10, whichever is preferred by the cook.
- A one-touch button will take the unit to full output rather than having to punch the power button several times as the unit starts in half-power mode otherwise.
- The power level is raised or lowered in five percent increments, giving any cook very precise control.
- Easy to control using low temps.
- I like the presets and the ease of use! This works great for making beer which is primarily what I use it for!
- This particular unit is very professional in look, feel, and function. Add to that the fact that it’s as close to intuitive as you can get with completely new technology and it’s close to perfect.
- It can function as a normal burner with 10 power settings or you can set it at a certain temperature and it will hold at that temperature between 100-300 degrees in 20-degree increments.
An Ideal Extra Cooktop That Is Portable And Fits Easily On Countertops!
I use it in my kitchen as an extra burner and will, in the future, use it in my camper van as a very efficient, emission-free primary cooktop.
- Fits perfectly on my counter.
- An extra cooktop is always needed-plus the fact that this is so fast.
- LOVE this Duxtop. I have had it about a year now and hardly EVER use the gas cooktop any more – only if one of my pans doesn’t work on the induction.
- It will be nice to be able to take it outside in the summer and make spaghetti noodles without cooking the house and making the A/C work harder.
- Bought mainly for outdoor cooking, and frying fish! Rather use this than using a deep fryer.
- Highly recommend to anyone who needs to clear space from their gas burners and have a tabletop cooktop for large stews/soups/anything!
- Love mobility. I can make steaks at a high temperature and not smoke up my kitchen.
- Great for RV’ing!
- When I’ve made a batch, the induction burner takes up a lot less room on the counter if I decide to leave it out. If I put it away, its footprint is much smaller than the slow cooker’s.
- I live in Florida and use this in our outdoor kitchen.
- We bought this cooktop for our RV when we go camping. So far, we really like how quickly it heats and maintains temp.
- I am full-time in an RV and needed a replacement for my previous induction cooktop. This has worked far better than expected and much better than the one I am replacing.
- This is a great cooktop. Very big and sturdy. Brings water to a boil quickly. A must for those who cook a lot and have limited space.
- I use the various settings on mine for other purposes, so it is great for a variety of things – even just adding another burner or cooking outside.
- For us the having an extra burner for holidays and the like is indispensable and the fact that it will do a large pot is even better (soups and stews or simply mashed potatoes)
More Powerful Than Most Homeowner Models!
Boiling water is a snap, whether for a pot of coffee, or a big pot of pasta; melting butter, or clarifying butter, frying and sautéeing, cooking slowly, keeping food warm, this Duxtop is simply a dream come true.
- It operates with 1800 watts of power, more than most homeowner models.
- This Duxtop commercial model outperforms even my high output burner on my range.
- Of course, like other induction burners I had tried, it boils water quickly.
- A heavy-based metal pan is essential for induction cooking. The cooktop doesn’t get hot to the touch – but the metal pot or pan heats very quickly – you can have a small amount of water boil in less time than in a microwave should you desire.
- The unit seems to be faster than the cheaper units I have owed and holds the temperature quite well which the others did not.
- I can heat up small pots in a matter of a minute or two, it is very impressive. Just make sure your cooking pot/stock/pan is induction compatible.
- Heats up much faster than our kitchen stovetop.
- I was surprised at how fast items cook on an induction cooktop. I was especially surprised at the short time needed to boil water. It seems to be ready in a flash – great for tea and coffee.
- This is a quality burner that puts out some serious heat.
- I love this induction burner! It heats water so fast, and the “boil” button is perfect.
65 Pounds Weight Capacity!
If you are reading reviews you may come across some questions about the “weight capacity” of this unit … we found that this unit is definitely easily able to support up to 65 pounds on the cooktop … with no problems.
- This Duxtop commercial model, this particular model can withstand a total weight capacity of sixty-five (65) pounds!
- I wasted no time putting my induction cooktop to use, brewing 6 gallons of beer the next day. The cooktop performed flawlessly throughout the entire brew session. I attained boil using power level 9 and kept 6 gallons at a rolling boil on level 7.5.
- Great for 20qt cook pot that I use for soups and stews!
- I like the size of it. It is just the size for my bigger pots and pans.
- Works great! Using 20-quart pots with an 11-inch diameter so takes a little longer to boil and gets the job done! Well worth the money!
- The surface is wide enough to accommodate all but my biggest pans.
- It has a large base, and as such, it can accommodate some big pans.
- As this is their heavy-duty model, you can put some heavy pots on top of it.
- The 65lb limit should accommodate most anything!
The Handles, Sides, And Front Never Get Too Hot!
- I kept two gallons of stock boiling for 8-10 hours a day and the unit was barely warm to the touch. The sides and front never got too warm to touch.
- The cooktop itself stays cool except for heat transferred by the bottom of the pot.
- Spills do not dry and bake on to the burner since only the pot heats up.
- Pot handles and top stay cool
- I’d highly recommend this model. It’s thickness aids cooling, it’s stainless steel body protects the innards. Its weight is proof of quality too!
- The cooktop stays much cooler than a regular burner as it is the pot or pan that heats up.
Designed For Easy Cleanup!
- Cleanup was a breeze, both for the stockpot and the cooktop.
- If those aren’t enough reasons to love this induction burner, there’s one more thing: nothing burns on, and clean up is an absolute breeze.
- Clean up is easy using glass cooktop cleansers such as Weiman’s.
- I have found the cooktop is easy to keep clean as spills do not “cook on” and then require elbow grease and special cleaners to remove.
- Cleaning is easy. I can use the same products I currently use to clean the glass cooktop.
- This is quite an amazing electric burner. The glass surface is level and easy to wipe down.
The Heat Is Evenly Dispersed!
- The heat is so evenly dispersed that there was NO scorching of sugar sand on the bottom of the kettle.
- In all cases, the Duxtop warmed the contents of the pan evenly, and held the contents at the preset temperatures, with a little variation of about ten degrees on either side, as the burner cycled on and off.
- I found that this one worked very well and cooked evenly. It heated well.
- The real bonus is the even cooking and warning when the pan is removed
Reachable And Responsive Customer Service!
- When I inquired, prior to purchasing it, to the Duxtop 800 phone, I was greeted by a US English speaking person who patiently and thoughtfully answered my questions about this unit … that was very reassuring because the Duxtop product support is reachable and responsive.
- I just totally floored at this company’s service/support.
- I’ve had this unit for 14 months. The warranty is for 12 months. Apparently, my unit became defective out of warranty. However, the company STILL sent me a BRAND NEW replacement unit, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS OUT OF WARRANTY! I had offered to pay for an out of warranty repair, but the company just sent me a NEW item.
- Where else can you get that kind of service nowadays?
More Things Customers Loved Above The Duxtop Profession Induction Cooktop!
10 Hour Timer
- It has a 10-hour timer that can be set for any interval (up to 10 hrs) and then it will shut off.
- With this induction cooker, I can do it in my stockpot. The controls will allow me to cook for up to 10 hours at a time and I can go as low as I do with the Crock-Pot.
A Very Dependable Cooktop
- Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive, so I can confidently recommend this unit … it has been a very good dependable cooktop.
It Works Exceptionally Well
- We have been constantly using this unit 2x month for 24hrs/7days straight, with the largest stock-pot available 20+ inches filled with liquid … IT WORKS EXCEPTIONALLY WELL and easily supports the weight … never even a hint of a problem.
Induction Is The ‘Wave’ Of The Future
- I used this cooktop to finish maple syrup this spring.
- There is an old expression that one would use to praise another one’s actions or performance that went: “Now you’re cooking with gas!” Well, that needs to be updated to “Now you’re cooking with induction!”
- I am so happy to be able to use my cast iron pots and pans with this burner.
- I use it with my cast iron wok and it is amazing how quickly it heats and holds the temperature.
In summary, the Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop is a very robust commercial grade cooktop that is ideal for when you want a quick and easy induction cooking option.
This brand also features here… 32 Countertop Appliance Brands: Rated Good, Excellent, & AMAZING
It is perfect as an extra burner for cooking large meals for family gatherings or as a full-time option for departments and RV living.
Another advantage is how portable it is with many people preferring to cook outside to save heating up the kitchen.
We also recommend you read… Is Duxtop A Good Brand
You may also be interested in… Discover Why Singles and Couples Love The Copper Chef Air Fryer