What Is Clarins Double Serum & Is It Any Good?
Clarins Double Serum is a product that gives you the same effect as Botox, without surgical procedures. It makes your skin look younger by smoothing out lines and wrinkles. It is an anti-wrinkle product. Clarins Double Serum claims to reveal your best skin ever. It will give you softer, smoother, younger-looking skin, and it’s an anti-aging skincare breakthrough that dramatically improves your skin’s appearance.
Clarins Double Serum combines two powerful anti-aging concentrates into 1 essential product for younger-looking skin. It fights signs of aging, helping to keep skin strong, healthy, and glowing.
The Clarins Double Serum is the ideal complement to your skincare routine. It can be used alone or under your daily moisturizer to boost the effects of hydrating formulas, firmness creams, and anti-wrinkle products.
The Clarins Double Serum has an AMAZING 82% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars and has earned Amazon Choice status so it is immensely popular and very highly regarded…
What Are The Results Customers Are Experiencing?
According to the proven results section at Clarins a satisfaction test on a multi-ethnic panel of 362 women after 4 weeks of use received the following results. 91% success rate for smoother skin. 87% for more radiant skin. 86% for better looking skin. And 81% for firmer skin.
- I love the way it evens out my skin tone, hydrates, and softens fine lines.
- Very reliable product and makes my skin smooth and glowing.
- My favorite serum! I tried many serums, this one leaves my skin soft and bright.
- Very nice doesn’t make my skin break out any greasy feeling gives your skin a nice healthy glow.
- This is a great serum. I’m 56 and it firms and brightens my skin.
- Clarins leave my skin moisturized and feels wonderful in the morning.
- There is nothing that compares to this serum. The way it makes your skin feel is indescribable.
- The wrinkle lines lessened, my skin tone is becoming lighter and my pores are less visible. My skin feels so smooth and hydrated!
What Does Clarins Double Serum Do?
The perfectly balanced formula, with twice the active ingredients of a standard serum, goes to work on 5 vital functions:
- restoring cellular activity
The secret of this anti-aging serum: a naturally-derived combination that helps: – Fight against aging and dark spots – Combat environmental aggressors and pollution to protect the skin’s DNA – Boost radiance and glow – Restore cellular activity to firm and lift the skin.
The five essential functions of the skin are:
- To protect us from external aggressions
- To cleanse and purify our skin
- To provide our body with oxygen
- To regenerate cells and maintain their youthfulness
- To have a natural barrier against external agents.
What Is The Purpose Of Clarins Double Serum
In order to fight the signs of aging and obtain a more radiant complexion, Clarins has created a Double Serum, combining all these 5 essential functions in one single product.
- Clarins Double Serum is a powerful anti-aging treatment that can help to revitalize your face.
- It is designed to work on all different areas of the face at the same time, offering more complete results than some other products on the market.
- This product claims to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as prevent new ones from forming.
- It also says it can help to combat age spots and restore natural radiance to the skin. It will work to even out skin tone and leave you with a more youthful appearance overall.
- It also helps to restore hydration to your skin which will help with elasticity and firmness.
The product has been dermatologist tested and is safe for sensitive skin types. It is free of parabens and other harmful chemicals. The formula contains hyaluronic acid, which works to hold moisture in the skin and protect it from environmental damage caused by free radicals.
This product uses a patented technology that helps create a multi-dimensional effect that leaves you looking younger from all angles. You can use this serum either alone or under your favorite moisturizer for optimal results.
Who Is Clarins Double Serum For?
Clarins Double Serum is a skincare product that aims to treat the essential aging concerns of women who are in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and even older. The product claims to repair signs of aging, including fine lines and uneven skin tone. The product is said to provide long-lasting moisture so that the skin does not look dry or dull.
This serum also promises to provide all-day hydration and prevent dryness in the skin. It can be used in both the morning and evening. This serum aims to correct sagging skin caused by aging, along with wrinkles and fine lines.
Who Would Use a Product Like Clarins Double Serum?
Clarins Double Serum is designed for use by women who want to improve the appearance of fine lines. It is particularly beneficial for those who have been dealing with dryness on their faces for many years. Clarins Double Serum can be used by any woman who is over 30 years old and wants to reverse the symptoms associated with aging to maintain firm facial skin.
Is Clarins Double Serum Good For Oily Skin?
There are over 154 of this product from customers with oily skin and the overwhelming majority say it works fine. However, that is not the case for everyone.
- 25 out of the 154 consumers with oily skin said it did not work for them and felt too heavy and oily for their skin. Many in this group also experience breakouts.
- 55 out of the 154 consumers gave it a good 4-star rating but that’s usually an indication they were just okay with it.
- 74 of them rated it 5-stars and were delighted with the product.
So the results for women with oily skin are pretty evenly split at about 50-50 and it seems to work for some with oily skin and not for others.
Is Clarins Double Serum Good For Dry Skin?
There are over 408 of this product from customers with dry skin and the overwhelming majority love it and say it works fine. However, that is not the case for everyone.
- 160 out of the 408 consumers with dry skin gave it a 4-star rating or lower.
- The remaining 248 rated it 5-stars and were delighted with the product.
So the results for women with dry skin are much better (not overwhelmingly so). It seems all of our skin tolerances are different and the only way to know for sure is to try it.
Is Clarins Double Serum Good For Mature Skin?
Clarins Double Serum is a good product for mature skin. It seems to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It will help reduce the signs of aging, it will also help nourish your skin and provide it with the nutrients that it needs in order to grow healthy and strong.
- There were 16 consumers from customers 66 years old and over and 10 of them gave the product 5 out of 5 stars.
- There were 44 consumers from customers 56-65 years old and over and 42 of them gave the product 5 out of 5 stars.
That is quite impressive, especially for the age bracket between 56 and 65. So yes, it is good for mature skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Clarins Double Serum?
Here is the huge list of ingredients (don’t panic)I will itemize and explain what each one actually does further below…
Aqua/water/eau. Cetearyl Isononanoate. Glycerin. Isononyl Isononanoate. Caprylic/capric Triglyceride. Pentylene Glycol. Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether. Ethylene/propylene/styrene Copolymer. Dipsacus Sylvestris Extract. Butylene Glycol. Parfum/fragrance. Phenoxyethanol. Propanediol. Tromethamine. Silybum Marianum Seed Oil. Carbomer. Tocopheryl Acetate. Escin. Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract. Ethylhexylglycerin. Squalane. Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract. Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract. Butylene/ethylene/styrene Copolymer. Leontopodium Alpinum Extract. Xanthan Gum. Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables. Caramel. Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract. Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine. Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract. Salicornia Herbacea Extract. Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract. Kalanchoe Pinnata Leaf Extract. Sodium Benzoate. Citric Acid. Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf/stem Extract. Disodium Edta. Tocopherol. Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract. Maltodextrin. Orthosiphon Stamineus Extract. Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract. Mangifera Indica (Mango) Leaf Extract. Potassium Sorbate. Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. Jania Rubens Extract. Ascorbic Acid. Sodium Citrate. Engelhardtia Chrysolepis Leaf Extract. Ci 14700/red 4. Callicarpa Japonica Fruit Extract [v2925a]
Here is what each one does:
- Aqua/Water/Eau – a fancy way of saying water.
- Cetearyl Isononanoate – Cetearyl Isononanoate is a fatty substance that comes from coconut oil. It works by forming a barrier over damaged skin preventing irritants from reaching the sensitive tissues below, which can lead to inflammation. This stops water from evaporating from your skin, which prevents dehydration and is particularly useful for those with dry or sensitive skin. Cetearyl Isononanoate is used in conjunction with other ingredients such as glycerol to produce a long-lasting moisturizing effect.
- Glycerin – Glycerin is a very effective moisturizer. This is because it attracts moisture from the air, which helps keep the skin smooth and supple. Glycerin also helps seal in your skin’s natural moisture, making it more resistant to drying out. Glycerin is a fat derived from plants.
- Isononyl Isononanoate – Isononyl Isononanoate is a high-performance emollient derived from renewable plant sources. It helps to keep the balance of the skin’s protective lipid barrier, offering all-day hydration that strengthens and revitalizes the skin.
- Caprylic/capric Triglyceride – Caprylic/capric Triglyceride is a clear, oily liquid derived from coconut or palm kernel oil. It is penetrating and spreads easily on the skin. It is an emollient and can help to soften and smooth the skin and lock in moisture.
- Pentylene Glycol – Pentylene Glycol is an aromatic alcohol used as a skin conditioner, especially in cosmetic skin lotions and creams. This ingredient is often the cause of allergic reactions in some products, but it also has many benefits. One of these benefits is that it acts as a HYDRATING AGENT, one of the key components in this Anti-Aging Double Serum.
- Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether – PPG-3 Myristyl Ether is a potent activator of the synthesis of proteins in cells. The proteins are responsible for the formation of new tissues, including the epidermis and hair follicles. For younger-looking skin that is protected from external aggressors, this is key.
- Ethylene/propylene/styrene Copolymer – Ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer is a synthetic polymer that is used in cosmetics. It is also known as E/P/S or E/P Stabilizer or E/P Copolymer or Plasticizer. E/P/S can help to stabilize emulsions in products like hair conditioner, spray-on sunscreen, creams, lotions, and more. It helps to prevent ingredients from separating or breaking down in products. It also provides light protection for the skin when used in sunscreens.
- Dipsacus Sylvestris Extract – Dipsacus Sylvestris Extract contains naturally occurring levels of Vitamin E, which is considered to be a powerful antioxidant that may help protect skin from aging. Studies have shown that it may help skin appear more even-toned and brighter after just a few uses.
- Butylene Glycol – Butylene Glycol is a colorless, odorless chemical that is used in a variety of cosmetic products, including moisturizers and toners. It is synthetic polymer alcohol used as a humectant (moisture-binding ingredient) and solvent in cosmetics. It is also found in food products such as ice cream and cake mixes.
- Parfum/fragrance – Parfum is a very general term for any scent made from extractions of plants and animals (and even minerals and chemicals). These extracts are then made into gels or oils that can be applied to the human body. The resulting scent is what is known as a fragrance.
- Phenoxyethanol – Phenoxyethanol is an ingredient in many cosmetic products, including the Clarins Double Serum. It is described as an anti-oxidant and preservative, but its purpose in cosmetics seems to be to extend shelf life.
- Propanediol – Propanediol is a humectant, a substance that contributes to the maintenance of moisture. It is found naturally in plants, animals, and humans. In cosmetics, it is used as a moisturizer and an emollient. It’s as safe as water–a little goes a long way and it’s completely non-irritating.
- Tromethamine – Research has shown that tromethamine has several benefits when applied topically to the skin. It may help improve skin hydration levels, which makes it useful for fighting skin dryness and preventing wrinkles. It is also believed to be an effective treatment for acne because of its mildly antibacterial properties. It is found naturally in many foods. However, it can also be derived artificially in the laboratory.
- Silybum Marianum Seed Oil – Silybum Marianum Seed Oil is extracted from the seeds of the Milk Thistle plant. It is a natural oil that is quickly absorbed by your skin and is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants that can help to prevent the signs of premature aging.
- Carbomer – Carbomer is a polymer that produces a phenomenal effect on the skin, giving it a smoother texture and helping to diminish fine lines around the eyes. The results are astonishing!
- Tocopheryl Acetate – Tocopheryl Acetate is an antioxidant, meaning that it works to fight against free radicals. These are byproducts of your body’s metabolism that work to damage the skin and cause the signs of aging. Tocopheryl Acetate protects your skin from free radicals by fighting against them, slowing down their production, and even preventing them from doing damage in the first place
- Escin – Escin is a trademarked name for the extract of horse chestnut seed. It is used in cosmetics and may help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Escin works by helping to stimulate collagen production in the skin which reduces wrinkles on your face!
- Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract – Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract is a natural extract obtained from the quinoa seed. It is used in cosmetics for its anti-oxidant properties. The extract can also be used as an astringent agent, which helps to tighten the skin and give it a firmer appearance.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – This component is an organic compound that belongs to the family of chemicals called Glycerin Ethers. It is found in many skin care products for its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and skin conditioning properties.
- Squalane – Squalane is an emollient (which means it softens and helps your skin retain moisture). It is produced naturally by your body but you also get it from plants, including olive plants, rice plants, and wheat plants. Squalene is one of 4 main types of lipids (fats) found in human tissue, along with cholesterol, ceramides, and phospholipids.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract – Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract is a good thing to have in facial products, and this product has a lot of it. It is a skin-soothing and skin-conditioning ingredient derived from oats. It may be used to treat sensitive skin and other skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis. It also provides antioxidant properties, repairing damaged skin cells and soothing irritated skin.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract – Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract is an extract that comes from the seeds of Theobroma Cacao. Theobroma Cacao is also called cocoa, and it’s what chocolate is made from. The extract has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and polyphenols. It can be used in skincare products to help with anti-aging, moisturization, and strengthening the skin’s ability to defend itself against damage.
- Butylene/ethylene/styrene Copolymer – Butylene/ethylene/styrene Copolymer is a silicone polymer that gives body lotions and creams their texture, consistency, and appearance. Without it, body lotions would be thin like water; without it, face creams would be pasty and oily; without it, foot creams would be thick globs of goo; without it, mascara wouldn’t come out of its tube.
- Leontopodium Alpinum Extract – Leontopodium alpinum extract is an herbal extract that comes from the plant commonly known as edelweiss. Edelweiss has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. Modern science has shown that edelweiss contains many beneficial ingredients, including flavonoids, tannins, and saponins.
- Xanthan Gum – Xanthan gum is a polysaccharide, which relates to carbohydrates. It was originally derived from bacteria that grow in sugar cane fields. The ‘X’ in Xantham Gum is the name of the bacteria. It is used as an emulsifier, thickener, and stabilizer in many foods, cosmetics, and medicines.
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables – Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables is an oil that has been extracted from the pulp of the fruit of the Avocado Tree. The oil is rich in vitamins A, D, & E, sterols, and essential fatty acids which are all known to be essential nutrients for the skin.
- Caramel – Caramel is a color. Caramel is produced by heating sugar. The word caramel is from Spanish and Latin, meaning burnt sugar.
- Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract – What is Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract? Turmeric root has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 5000 years. It is a perennial herb that grows in tropical regions of Asia. The ancient Indians used turmeric as an anti-inflammatory agent, for bruises, sprains, and wounds, as well as a variety of intestinal disorders.
- Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine – Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine in the Clarins Double Serum, which is part of its secret in getting rid of wrinkles. It is also known as salicylic acid, salicylic acid, or 2-hydroxybenzoic acid. This acid can be found in willow bark extract, white birch bark extract, and wintergreen leave extract. Salicylic acid when applied topically (on your skin) can penetrate into your pores to exfoliate your skin when used regularly over time.
- Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract – Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract – is a blend of banana fruit extract and natural oils that help moisturize the skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
- Salicornia Herbacea Extract – One of the most recognized uses for Salicornia Herbacea extract is as a moisturizer. It has been used in moisturizers and anti-aging creams for years because it helps the skin retain moisture. The extract has also been used with acne treatments because it can help with healing and also aids in reducing redness and inflammation.
- Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract – Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract is a polyphenol compound obtained from the kiwi fruit. It is a very powerful antioxidant. Kiwi fruit extract can help to protect skin cells from free radical damage, which can cause fine lines and wrinkles. It is also an anti-inflammatory agent, so it can help reduce redness and swelling. Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract is also an antibacterial agent, so it can help treat blemishes and prevent new ones from forming. Kiwi fruit extract has properties that may speed up the skin’s natural exfoliation process, leaving skin looking younger and smoother.
- Kalanchoe Pinnata Leaf Extract – Kalanchoe pinata is also known as Kalanchoe Daigremontiana or Mother of Thousands. It is a perennial plant that grows in the subtropics in Southern Africa. The extract is used in herbal medicine to promote circulation and help with cellulite. It is also believed to help treat wounds and soothe sunburned skin.
- Sodium Benzoate – Sodium Benzoate is a preservative used in cosmetics and a variety of food products. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, yeasts, and molds that could otherwise spoil the product.
- Citric Acid – Citric Acid is a naturally occurring organic compound that is commonly used as an acidifying agent in cosmetic products. It is an alpha hydroxy acid, which means it exfoliates the skin. Citric acid is derived from various fruits, including grapefruit, pineapples, lemons, oranges, and limes.
- Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf/stem Extract – Myrothamnus Flabellifolia, commonly known as the white neem tree, is a tree in the family Meliaceae. The fruit pulp is used for culinary purposes and has a sour taste. The leaf extract is used as an ingredient in cosmetics products, whereas the stem extract has shown significant antibacterial properties.
- Disodium Edta – Disodium EDTA is a chemical salt that acts as a stabilizer in cosmetics and skincare products. The abbreviation “EDTA” stands for ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid.
- Tocopherol – Tocopherol is the form of Vitamin E that is used in facial moisturizers and other skincare products. Tocopherols are fat-soluble and therefore are found in the greatest abundance in vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, cereals, leafy greens, egg yolks, and animal fats. They are also prevalent in fats from fish oil, soybean oil, and olive oil.
- Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract – Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract is a highly effective and potent antioxidant. It is obtained from the Lycium Barbarum plant and it helps maintain healthy skin cells and cells in the eyes. It also helps boost the production of collagen and elastin while fighting wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- Maltodextrin – Maltodextrin is the product resulting from the partial hydrolysis of corn starch. It serves as a thickener and texturizer in food, as a carrier for flavors and scents in cosmetics, and as a filler in pills.
- Orthosiphon Stamineus Extract – Orthosiphon Stamineus is a medicinal herb from the mint family. It contains a number of active substances, including triterpenes. These are active ingredients that can fight free radicals. This allows the skin to repair itself and counteract the signs of aging.
- Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract – Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract works by inhibiting the production of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. This enzyme is responsible for breaking down hyaluronic acid, which is found in the dermis layer of the skin. Hyaluronic acid acts as a cushioning agent that retains moisture, giving skin its elasticity and firmness. As the skin ages, less hyaluronic acid is produced, so there is less moisture available to retain, which results in drooping and sagging of the skin.
- Mangifera Indica (Mango) Leaf Extract – Mangifera Indica (Mango) Leaf Extract is a natural ingredient that comes from the mango tree. It features in many skincare products today because it has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help soothe the skin and reduce the effects of conditions such as rosacea.
- Potassium Sorbate – Potassium sorbate is a food additive used as a preservative. It prevents the growth of mold, yeast, and some bacteria. Potassium sorbate is a completely natural preservative derived from berries.
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate – Pentaeerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxy-hydro cinnamate is a chemical that absorbs ultraviolet light. Specifically, it absorbs UVB rays, which cause sunburn.
- Jania Rubens Extract – Jania Rubens Extract is a powerful and natural anti-aging and firming agent. The Jania Rubens Extract ingredients include the following;
Acerola Extract – 500 mg – This fruit is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E. These vitamins help to reduce wrinkles and lines, as well as other signs of aging. The fruit also helps to boost collagen production, which helps to improve the skin’s elasticity and firmness.
- Ascorbic Acid – Ascorbic acid is the most famous of all antioxidants. It is known as Vitamin C, and it is one of the few vitamins that will really give you some bang for your buck. The reason for this is that it can act as an antioxidant in both water-based and oil-based environments. Most antioxidants only work in either a water-based or oil-based environment, but not both. This means that there are many more opportunities for Ascorbic Acid to protect your skin from free radicals.
- Sodium Citrate – Sodium citrate is a chemical compound that is used widely in the food industry, as well as in cosmetics. It is basically just a salt that has some interesting properties. It can be used to help preserve food, and it also makes blood thinner, which makes it useful for regulating heartbeats and blood pressure.
- Engelhardtia Chrysolepis Leaf Extract. Ci 14700/red 4 – Engelhardtia Chrysolepis leaf extract is a skin conditioning agent. It is derived from the leaves of the Engelhardtia Chrysolepis tree, which grows in China and Japan. The ingredient has been used in cosmetics and personal care products since at least the 1960s. Those applications include skin and hair conditioners, sunscreens, and tanning lotions. It can also be found in some lipsticks and mascaras.
- Callicarpa Japonica Fruit Extract [v2925a] – The Callicarpa Japonica Fruit Extract is a product that makes the skin become very firm and tight.
Is Clarins Double Serum Organic?
Yes indeed. While all of the above ingredients with their fancy chemical names give the impression that the serum is not organic it in fact is. All of the ingredients are extracted from the following plants.
What’s Plants Are The Ingredients Extracted From In Clarins Double Serum:
- Orthosiphon – Orthosiphon Stamineus, also known as Green Tea Extract or GCE, is a natural antioxidant that mainly helps regulate sebum production and refine the texture of your skin. It is commonly used in anti-aging products because of its ability to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation.
- Leaf of Life – Hyaluronic acid is a natural moisturizer that holds 1,000 times its own weight in water. The ingredients from Leaf of Life helps to hydrate your skin by triggering the natural production of hyaluronic acid.
- Mango – Adds nutrition, comfort, softness to your skin.
- Goji – Assists by boosting your skin’s energy.
- Jania – The red Jania extract in these serums acts as a powerful anti-oxidant while also encouraging the elimination of dead cells and promoting a clear complexion.
- Kiwi Fruit – Elevates nutrition to your skin cells.
- Callicarpa – Gives your skin a radiant appearance.
- Mary’s Thistle – Provided much-needed nourishment to your skin.
- Huang Qi – Is useful for combating oxidative stress.
- Turmeric – Helps in the preservation of the communication between skin cells.
- Oat – Acts as a firming ingredient.
- Cocoa – Provides a soothing effect to your skin while fighting free radicals.
- Salicornia – Hydrates your skin.
- Horse Chestnut – Has a positive on microcirculation and is also known for its draining properties.
- Banana – Has an effect on collagen and helps with skin density.
- Myrothamnus – Is used to protect your skin from any visible damage caused by stress.
- Avocado – Excellent ingredient to keep your skin soft and also promotes skin regeneration.
- Organic Teasel – Is an antioxidant.
- Quinoa – Assists in strengthening your skin’s barrier.
In summary, all of the ingredients in Clarins Double Serum work perfectly together to achieve the results desired. Your skin becomes firmer, wrinkles are visibly smoothed, and your skin’s radiance and evenness are restored.
You may also be interested in… Is Clarins A Good Brand? Simple But Amazingly Effective Skincare and Is Vital Proteins A Good Brand? (Supported By Jennifer Aniston)